Is it time for a new WWE title design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's long since time for the title to be redesigned. I have a feeling that it's going to happen pretty soon.

I read a while back that a new belt has already been created and had been created for a while. I think this was back even before The Miz won the title. If it's true, then I guess they've just been waiting for the right time.

Now that Vince has been "fired" and Triple H has been appointed by the WWE Board of Directors to assume Vince's duties, I think a new title design is something we could see in the near future. I might be wrong but I expect that, at some point, Triple H will "resign" CM Punk to the WWE and he'll "come back" to the company as WWE Champion and the title will be changed then. After all, Punk said he planned to redesign the belt once he won it.

My challenge to the WWE is to try and come up with a design to rival the WHC. THAT is a timeless design. It looked good in 1986, and it still looks good in 2011. Please nothing gaudy, loud, or obnoxious. No copper penny title either plz.

Change it! I have no problem with title belts being made for specific champions to fit their character/gimmick. Ex: austin, cena, edge's rated r belt, and miz turning the wwe logo upside down. But when u have guys like hhh, and orton etc walking around with the spinner belt, yeah it looks completely stupid.

I never liked custom belts for specific wrestlers. I always felt the belt should be a general symbol everyone would want to call their own. It's no big deal, of course, but I'd prefer the design was untouchable to individualistic whims.

(btw. worst custom belt evah: Jeff Hardy in TNA. Dear TNA guys, if you seek inspiration from the WWE belt designs, don't look at the Diva's Championship. Seriously...)

The only time it was ok was when Austin made the Smoking Skull belt. The storyline behind it was that he wanted to piss off McMahon some more and it worked. They also didn't overdo it and the belt was gone again after a it had served it's purpose.

It is time for a new belt design, and one rumor i saw i think on this website was they have been waiting to unveil a title redesign (not counting the brief miz redesign) since like 2006. With Punk taking the title, this is the perfect time to unveil the new title, and i think they will

I do think it would be Anti-productive to hand the "New WWE Champ" the same title Punk took with him Sunday. When JBL blew up Cena's spinning US title, they didn't come out with a copy of the same one after, they went with a new (old) one. That's what should be done here as well. Have HHH bring out a new title next monday, and when Punk finally comes back, have him steal it or something. Or even bring the old one with him, and do a Ladder match with both titles hanging from it (Old school reference there for long time fans)
It is time for a change though.

I never liked custom belts for specific wrestlers. I always felt the belt should be a general symbol everyone would want to call their own. It's no big deal, of course, but I'd prefer the design was untouchable to individualistic whims.

(btw. worst custom belt evah: Jeff Hardy in TNA. Dear TNA guys, if you seek inspiration from the WWE belt designs, don't look at the Diva's Championship. Seriously...)

The only time it was ok was when Austin made the Smoking Skull belt. The storyline behind it was that he wanted to piss off McMahon some more and it worked. They also didn't overdo it and the belt was gone again after a it had served it's purpose.

Or they can make a belt that has space for a nameplate like they do with the world title.

I just hope they put some thought into it and make it look good. I never minded the spinner belt. It was different, I can say that.

I absolutely despise the tag team belts:

wwerep_tt_unified_frnt.png

But since Vince never cared for the division anyway, I am sure he didn't put much thought into it.

I know its another thread about "Dha SzPiNNERz SzUcKz, BRiNG BaK DeH ATtiTUDe BeLttz" but I will have to agree with majority of people say, the "Spinner" belt aka The BLING Gold Belt has run its course.

But lets take a look at this sitatuion:
The Spinner belt marked a Cena Power Reign era, it defined Cena's era. When he was going from Thug Rapper to Big Patriotic Colorful, Family Friendly John Cena.

This belt was super popular, and stuck out compared to others, (while I cant stand the lack of prestige in its looks) I have to agree that this belt IS A CASH COW!

Vince, and WWE management probably wanted to change the design back when Cena first lost the belt, however so many consumers purchased it, and it became a belt that defines WWE. Nowadays you see it on ESPN, Sport Shows, Music Videos... its everywhere.

As of now, I think THEY should change the belt, simply because its no longer a CENA-POWER REIGN era, its now all about the future, and you cant have the future carrying a Championship belt saying "CHAMP" btw it looks funny when guys like Sheamus, Orton, Triple H, and other guys other than Cena hold it, hell it even looks funny when the John Cena of the PG Era holds it.

If they want to debut a new title how about have a Champion of Champions design? Take out the side plates to something different, take off the RAW,SD, and ECW logos, and put in the WWE logo. It would define prestige in this ERA

The WWE belt looks like a toy. I hope they make something like the round belt from the late 90's.

First of all, having two champions is a dumb idea. It just dilutes the thought of the champs being the best. Power divided by two isn't as great as one!

I think most people here are right. The time for a new belt, if there will be such a time in the near future, is now. The "spinner" belt and subsequent non-spinning model were created for John Cena in a time that was centered around him. I think with the youth movement and Triple H taking over the on-screen duties of Vince, then now is when the new belt will be unveiled. As previously mentioned, they have apparently had a design for a number of months. That kind of tells that they probably went ahead and had the belt made for when the time was right. I wouldn't be surprised if the champion crowned next week is given the new title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back