Is it time for a new WWE title design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the beginning of a fresh start so to speak with Punk leaving and taking the old belt, Triple H taking over and a new WWE champion more than likely being crowned. (at least that's what it seems like to me). So I would think it's a given the belt will get a new design.

"WWE needs the old school style feel to it instead of an oval-square sparkly ...whatever the hell it is. Looks more like a plaque."

Well said sir...laughed histerically. I for one liked the winged eagle belt as well. I didn't mind the title JBL held, right before Cena went and destroyed the WWE title.

Punk said he will redesign the belt if he won it, and he has been a man of his word thus far. The WWE has entered a new era now thanks to Punk, so it is the best time to make a new WWE title to complete the change. Either Triple H will debut a new belt this Monday or CM Punk will return with a new one. The Spinner Belt has run it's course, it is time for a good, sensible looking belt with no bells or whistles.

i honestly see a new belt design and possibly a new logo. even if hhh isnt the head yet im sure he has plenty of input. i think things are gonna get shook up quite a bit between now and wrestlemania next yr. i think were gonna see a more traditional approachto it. face it wrestling isnt as popular as it was in the late 90s and early 200s something has to happen. theres a lot of money to be had out there. why not bring back old fans that quit watching due to the crap weve been hand fed over the past ten years while still catering to the younger crowd. every other sport can do it so can wrestling.

I've hated that spinner belt since it debuted. I know it was because Cena was a thug and needed some bling, but that title belt is supposed to be a prop that gives credibility and believability to the promotion. When some thug is walking around with bling, it doesn't supply either of those. So the WWE needs a belt that is classy looking.

I personally was partial to the Big Gold Belt design they ripped off for their WHC belt.
But whatever they do, I hope they don't get the same ham and egger who made that tag belt to make this one.

Yeah, I don't know too many people who don't hate the current design, it has needed to change for years. That belt design is associated with Cena so whenever anyone else had it, it always looked silly.

Oh absolutely. And while we're at it, let's make Rey Mysterio take his mask off, turn John Cena heel, and move Raw to Monday mornings. You know, because making money shouldn't be important to the WWE, they should exclusively worry about what all the internet fans think. Who cares that the title belt is actually modern? All of the people who watched youtube videos and saw the old belt think that one is better. WWE would lose money out the ass, but at least the people who steal their PPVs would be happy!

Get over yourselves. There's nothing wrong with the belt, quit bitching about insignificant shit.

Oh absolutely. And while we're at it, let's make Rey Mysterio take his mask off, turn John Cena heel, and move Raw to Monday mornings. You know, because making money shouldn't be important to the WWE, they should exclusively worry about what all the internet fans think. Who cares that the title belt is actually modern? All of the people who watched youtube videos and saw the old belt think that one is better. WWE would lose money out the ass, but at least the people who steal their PPVs would be happy!

Get over yourselves. There's nothing wrong with the belt, quit bitching about insignificant shit.

They'll lose money by getting a new WWE championship belt? They can obviously sell the new one as replicas and still be able to sell the spinner design.

I don't see the harm in changing the belt design, especially since a new belt signifies a new era.

They'll lose money by getting a new WWE championship belt? They can obviously sell the new one as replicas and still be able to sell the spinner design.

I don't see the harm in changing the belt design, especially since a new belt signifies a new era.

Oh there's no real harm in changing the belt. I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. I'm just patronizing those who are clamoring for such an insignificant change. There is so much good going on yet we still get a thread bitching about something so stupid. These people need to be belittled.

And yes, they certainly will be able to sell a bunch of replicas of the new belt as well. But with that in mind, do you really think that they're going to go back to this "Classy" look they used to have? Hell no. They're still going to have a modernized belt so kids will want to buy it and we'll still have these same threads bitching and moaning about how we need a new title. It's all fucking pointless.

Nate... such a "company man" as of late :lmao:

Get rid of it. It's ugly, gaudy and cheap looking. With the spinner, it worked... for Cena. It's just too much. Too big, too in-your-face. Is it important? I guess not. But, I hate it. I have never talked to anyone who has ever had anything nice to say about, so I'm guessing most agree with me.

i personally liked all the '80s title designs myself. didnt hate the big round version introduced w/ stone colds 1st reign though. but yeah, please god get rid of the spinner cena belt. always hated it, way to gaudy imo. thought theyd get rid of it when cena 1st lost the title. boy was i wrong. but while we're at it, can we change the IC design? ive always found it puny looking since they changed from the '80s design.

That guy, I see why he's been repped so much. I seriously cannot stand the blatant disrespect and sheer narrow mindedness of the IWC or internet fans. I have no problem with the title, in all honesty people wouldn't have a problem with the title if they actually liked Cena. And it is this mentality of the wrestling community that is killing wrestling, at least for me. Is it the greatest design ever? Many of the Cena haters would say yes because they are Cena haters, until he goes heel they hate him. I say No, I apologize for lashing out on this post, it has been building up for past few days, I understand not liking a wrestler because of his/her choice to display a limited moves et but when you discredit his/her accomplishments it just becomes, pathetic.

Boy this topic has certainly gone off the rails..........I don't think anyone is bagging on Cena because of a belt design. They have changed how it looked in the past and they will again. It's really not a big deal, its just something they do every now and then. They will sell new replica belts. Like I said before, I think everyone's gripe with the belt currently is that it is specifically a design associated with one particular wrestler (Cena), they need to go a new look to disassociate it from him, doesn't mean anything bad towards Cena, it just means that they may make a long over due change so that when you look at the belt design you don't immediately think about one guy. Besides this is just theoretical, they may not make a change after all.

I always roll my eyes when one of these "new WWE title design" threads pop up, but if they plan on doing it anytime soon, clearly this is the time. CM Punk leaves with the "spinner" belt, Triple is taking over as Chairman...it just makes sense to introduce a new belt. Honestly, I think it would be more strange if they DIDN'T introduce a new belt.

I think the only way they don't bring in a new design is if they plan on keeping the "spinner" version when they unify CM Punk's title with whoever wins the tournament final. (Mysterio, I'm assuming)

I seriously think they should go back to there roots. the WWF title (Eagle design) that Hogan had for nearly a decade was the best looking one period and to a lesser extent the revised one during the McMahon/Helmsley era.

just a matter of when, atm they are still obviously showing it's the same Cena title

When they put up the WWE title tournament on Raw, they still used a picture of the spinner belt to signify the title. That pretty much says it all. Plus, changing the design of the belt isn't something you can easily keep secret, I mean, they kept the Punk/Cena angle pretty quiet, but they would have to work with alot of employees outside of Vince's private group of 'employees of the month' in order to make/bring in a new strap. That kept in mind, if there was a new title belt, an employee would have let it slip to the world by now.

Don't get me wrong though, that title is one of the worst things about WWE today. Sure, they make decent money selling em to the fans, but it's hard to take a champion seriously when they have a ridiculous spinner around their waist. Remember Orton's first reign as WWE champ after he beat HHH? It took quite some time for me to get used to that title on his shoulder, especially seeing as he was the grouchy Viper at this point.

Having the current WWE Championship belt design in the promo/display/artwork to advertise the tournament does not really mean anything in my opinion. If a new design does get introduced it will be revealed as a secret (even though a lot of people expect it) so having pictures of anything other than the current belt would be too obvious. Also word of a new belt/logo design came out a few months ago so in that respect it did slip out..if it held any truth.

I really like the Undisputed belt design a few years back. I am not sure I like the new Tag Team Title design so I hope any new WWE Championsip would not go down a similar route to that.

Oh there's no real harm in changing the belt. I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. I'm just patronizing those who are clamoring for such an insignificant change. There is so much good going on yet we still get a thread bitching about something so stupid. These people need to be belittled.

And yes, they certainly will be able to sell a bunch of replicas of the new belt as well. But with that in mind, do you really think that they're going to go back to this "Classy" look they used to have? Hell no. They're still going to have a modernized belt so kids will want to buy it and we'll still have these same threads bitching and moaning about how we need a new title. It's all fucking pointless.

I like Nate's point on this, basically it's like this, as much as I personally don't like the Spinner Belt (even though it really doesn't spin anymore anyways but I digress) it's not the biggest deal to me in the long run. At some point it will cease to be the title that represents the WWE Championship and something else will replace it, eventually. To be honest the last time I truly liked what the WWE title design looked like was when it was still the WWF World Championship, the Winged Eagle was my favorite design of the championship.

But to be fair, other people have liked the subsequent title designs up to and including the Spinner Belt. At this point, there are more important things in WWE to be concerned about that actually affect things in the company. Despite the dislike for the spinner belt, it's just an aesthetic thing and nothing more, besides WWE may just go back to the 2002 version of the belt this Monday night or come up with something completely new.

The Belt obviously needs to be revamped and has done since 2007, it suited Cena until he went all army, military around early 2007. Now they've kept it in circulation long enough some guys the belt looked "okay" on Miz and Batista. Sheamus, Orton, HHH it looked weird on it didn't suit them.

I know people love the old stuff, I do but WWE need to move on from the winged eagle or the attitude era belt. Sure a revamped version would go down a treat with us but realistically WWE still sell this belt so bring a new belt in and fans will clamore to buy = more money for wwe.

I think over the next 2-3 years we're going to see revamp of belts, IC, US, WWE. I doubt they'll change the World HW Belt that is a timeless belt and they've done some imagary work to it, ie curved the plates more added shades of gold (since Orton won it in May).

Beings CM Punk did not leave with the WWE title, yet just playing the storyline out, Yes i look for them to change the title, Punk done teased it on his RAW promo's that the old eagle belt would be back, or some kind of change, and i look for that to happen. But come on people, no way in hell they would give punk that title and not have him coming back soon. They might have a winner of the title match on raw next week, but i dont really think its gonna happen, as i think punk will be in the house to address vince's "doofus" son-in-law... WWE has finally gotten a little exciting again, The PPV was amazing and im glad i bought it, now if they just did something half ass entertaining with orton itd be ok, they keep the belt off of him for awhile would be even better

Boy this topic has certainly gone off the rails..........I don't think anyone is bagging on Cena because of a belt design. They have changed how it looked in the past and they will again. It's really not a big deal, its just something they do every now and then. They will sell new replica belts. Like I said before, I think everyone's gripe with the belt currently is that it is specifically a design associated with one particular wrestler (Cena), they need to go a new look to disassociate it from him, doesn't mean anything bad towards Cena, it just means that they may make a long over due change so that when you look at the belt design you don't immediately think about one guy. Besides this is just theoretical, they may not make a change after all.

This says it all for me, what they have done with the WWE Championship since Cena brought in the spinner seems silly to me, it's not too dissimilar a concept to Austin's Smokin' Skull belt being used as the main belt after Stone Cold's reign ended. That would have been bloody daft, so why defend the exact same behaviour with John Cena's custom belt?

My major gripe with the gaudy ol' bling bling is that it has the word "CHAMP" emblazoned across the front. That, to me, is just tacky. Hell, if they kept a similar design and changed the "CHAMP" to "CHAMPION" I'd be satisfied.

The redisign of the WWE Title is something that fans have been STARVING for, for a VERY long time. It feels like WAY longer than 6 years. I have several problems with the current belt:

1. It is JOHN CENA'S title! It was made for him to carry. In the past, unless in a RARE occasion, when a belt was made just for a champion, that belt ended when that champion lost. I can remember when Cena had his LONG run as champ, me and all of my friends were just waiting for him to lose to get rid of that horrible belt! No one could believe they kept it even after he lost.

2. The gimmick that Cena brought the belt in with has been LONG GONE! Because of this they create it without the "spinner" in the middle, and somehow think that it makes it better? Cena is not a "thug" anymore, and even with him, the belt looks a little stupid.

3. It looks more like a toy, not a TITLE!

4. It looks ridiculous on almost ALL wrestlers. Some have pulled it off ok like Miz and Edge..but overall, most wrestlers look like idiots with it.

5. It does not look CREDIBLE! This is my biggest problem with it. The winged eagle belt, the variation in the attitude era, the undisputed champion design, they all looked like they meant something! Now, the WWE title looks like one big joke.

Why does it matter what the title looks like? I don't care if they change the color to blue and can double as a Pez dispenser. It's still the top prize in the company which kind of irks me since it seems to devalue the WHC.

No need for bells and whistles spinners wings or anything else!!! Make a design thats basic just something that fits the generation!!! WWE is still for kids but lately it has the adult feeling to it also!! My personal favorite belt was the undisputed one

The belt has been needing to change ever since Cena moved away from his rapping "thug" character. The title suited him then, as it was made specifically for him, just like Austin had his Smokin' Skull belt, and TNA made the Jeff Hardy specific belt last year.

But Cena's gimmick has now changed, and the belt just looks tacky and out of place. It is certainly time for a change, and now with the CM Punk stealing the title storyline, then time is right to bring in new design, or bring back and older belt

I hate the fact it spins, I hate the fact it says "Champ" and not "Champion" and its just outdated now. I hope it gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back