Beth Phoenix: Savior of the Divas Division or Kelly Kelly's Stepping Stone?

Do you think Beth will be able to comeback from two losses to Kelly Kelly

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

1truefan

Wrestling analyst Diva expert
The title of the post says it all about a month ago Beth Phoenix vowed to eliminate the days of the "perky cute barbie dolls". Soon after Beth reformed her alliance with Natalya and the Divas of Doom were Born or reborn depending on how you look at it. Beth and Natalya would both look dominate in their matches but when in counted Kelly Kelly beat Beth not once but twice. So my question for all the forum readers out there is do you think that the Divas of Doom storyline can be salvaged or was this just another way to get Kelly Kelly who is far less impressive in the ring over with the WWE Universe? Give me you thoughts? If you vote on the pole above i would like to hear your reason why you think she can or cannot Thanks

It seems to me the obvious answer is stepping stone. If Beth Pheonix doesn't even win in her hometown then there's no way they'd rather build up Beth then Kelly. I probably would have thought differenty if Beth Pheonix and Natayla had atually made an impact but they really haven't. They have pretty much been all talk and nothing else. I'm certainly more impressed with Kelly Kelly then Beth Pheonix, Natayla and the Divas of Doom. So yeah, stepping stone seems about right.

I gotta feeling that at hell in a cell, we see the first? divas hell in a cell match, where pheonix gets over OR natalya wins, and then beth gets jealous and we see a feud that way

I would love for a divas Hell in a Cell. But most of them cant even take a regular bump. I wish the divas would work more on Wrestling then whatever they r doing.

I don't think this has to be an either/or question. I think that Beth Phoenix can be both the savior of the divas division and a stepping stone for KK. I realize that last night's PPV was in Beth's hometown of Buffalo, so fan reactions may be a little skewed. However, I think that the fans in general are a little tired of the Barbie doll divas, and are ready for a change. I think the debut of Kharma was the start of this change in philosophy, and this will be continued by Beth and Natalya.

Last night, the Buffalo crowd was booing KK and cheering for the hometown girl, but this is a trend I expect to see continue. I see the fans in other cities beginning to cheer for the divas of doom, and booing Kelly Kelly. I predict this will result in a face/heel flip flop, with Beth turning face and KK turning heel. As such, Kelly Kelly receives a push, a stepping stone so to speak, as a top heel in the divas division. Meanwhile, the transitioning face Beth Phoenix, buoyed by great fan support, will emerge as the ultimate savior of the division.

Where there people REALLY expecting Beth to win in her hometown? This is the WWE we are talking about. The last time she wrestled in Buffalo before last night, she was written off TV.

I don't think Beth is the savior because she is incredibly fantastically uninteresting. What exactly has she done since the heel turn that she wasn't doing before it? Okay, so she is wearing dresses. Well, in 2007, she wore dresses as attire and she is still doing the same shit then that didn't get a reaction. She still brings absolutely no energy, passion or emotion to the match. So, the people in Buffalo got into the match last night just for Beth. When was the last time ANYONE before got excited for a match with Beth in it?

It might be too early to say she is just a Kelly stepping stone, but there is absolutely no reason to think she will bring interest back to the divas because she hasn't so far.

I called it after Kelly won over Beth at SummerSlam and it's been painfully obvious since then: WWE considers Kelly Kelly to be their "it" girl, but because she's still a lousy wrestler, they're trying to use Beth and Nattie to give her credibility. The question is: will it work?

im sorry, any way i look at it KK fucking sucks. even the fans were chanting bullshit after the match. even though wwe is trying to push KK, the wwe thinks every fan is a kid or an idiot when they think beth would actually lose to kelly in a match. im all for beth eventually winning. what ever happened to the days of divas that could actually go? trish, victoria, molly friggin holly? lol oh well, guess i'll keep going to the bathroom every time kellys music hits

looks like they are just using Beth to build up KK. I guess they think she can gain some credibility if she pulls off victories. I really don't get it. KK, imo, is one of the worst Divas they have. Shes good looking and.......that's it. Her ring work and mic work are as bad as anyone they've had in recent memory.

They're doing both. KK's getting some legitimacy as a wrestler while the Glamazon slowly builds to a boiling point where she'll destroy KK and dominate for the winter and spring. Then the vignettes will kick in around WM28 where you-know-who will be due to come back for some getback for what was to be her barbie-doll sidekick.

Beth Phoenix has been a stepping stone for Kelly Kelly. They turned that glorified ring rat into the female Cena. :lmao:

Nothing the "Divas of Doom" have been doing has been dominant. Look how Kharma was booked. She was destroying the divas and instilling fear in them. Their is a huge difference between that and what the Beth and Natty are doing. Kelly and Eve just keep pinning beating them.

Time to move on.. I cant stand to see another Kelly vs Beth ppv match. :banghead:

Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but I still think that Beth can be the savior of the divas division. The next PPV is Hell in a Cell. That's a perfect theme for someone like Beth or Natalya to take the title off Kelly. I've pretty much lost hope in this division at the moment, but a guy can hope. I'm a Beth Phoenix fan, so I will continue to support her as she tries to rid the division of the barbie princesses that can't wrestle. Two straight PPV losses have made her look like less of a threat, and it has only hurt the division. It's done nothing for Kelly. The fans still don't care. Sure, she's attractive. So what though? She can't wrestle. Put the belt on one of the two girls who CAN! They should have Beth go on a rampage, like Kharma did during her brief time in WWE. A continuous rampage that lasts until she gets the belt. That could save the division and make up for the two PPV title match losses due to establishing someone dominant on top, a believable champion.

Have you guys EVER heard of BUILDING A STORYLINE?!

I mean. Come on.
Month 1 : If Beth wins - there IS NO STORYLINE LEFT.
So PPV 2 comes up. Again...if Kelly lost there WAS NO STORYLINE LEFT. Notice how Kelly won twice in the same fashion?

My prediction is this;
Beth tries to get ANOTHER shot. Natalya turns and says about how she didnt manage so she should let Natty have a try. Natalya gets the shot at HIAC and WINS. Natalya is over the moon and she celebrates with Beth.

We get to Rumble and Beth turns, suddenly on Natalya, then explaining how Natalya is no better than Kelly and how Natalya waited for Beth to do so much damage, considering the match at HIAC was ONLY 2 weeks after the match at Night of Champions. Natalya loses the title at EC, Natalya chases the title and wins it back at Wrestlemania.

Have you guys EVER heard of BUILDING A STORYLINE?!

I mean. Come on.
Month 1 : If Beth wins - there IS NO STORYLINE LEFT.
So PPV 2 comes up. Again...if Kelly lost there WAS NO STORYLINE LEFT. Notice how Kelly won twice in the same fashion?

My prediction is this;
Beth tries to get ANOTHER shot. Natalya turns and says about how she didnt manage so she should let Natty have a try. Natalya gets the shot at HIAC and WINS. Natalya is over the moon and she celebrates with Beth.

We get to Rumble and Beth turns, suddenly on Natalya, then explaining how Natalya is no better than Kelly and how Natalya waited for Beth to do so much damage, considering the match at HIAC was ONLY 2 weeks after the match at Night of Champions. Natalya loses the title at EC, Natalya chases the title and wins it back at Wrestlemania.

If that were to happen it would be a pretty good story. However I am just counting down the days til Eve turns her back on KK and goes for the title herself. Eve is nowhere near the skill level of Beth or Natty in the ring but she is as the very least better then Kelly.

Better yet, I am hoping something good happens to the Divas division. It's lame now and needs some sort of twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back