Wrestlemania 28: Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos VS Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

Vince / WWE obviously don't care about the Divas division (just like they don't care about the tag team division), so why bother having a divas match at WM? They need to devote proper time to build angles for the division if they expect it to be "over". Right now they put in no effort, so it's no surprise the Divas aren't "over".

With Eve and Kelly Kelly starting a feud. I wonder if they turn this into a mixed tag team match. With Kelly Kelly teaming up with Ryder. I cant imagine a Eve vs Kelly Kelly singles match.

Eve right now is the most over diva. Its not even close. She being a hoeski is actually drawing heat with the crowd. I cant imagine her angle with Ryder is over.

Doesn't look good for Beth right now. She has not started a feud. I dont think she defends her title at WM. I dont even remember when the last time she was on tv..

Why can't the Divas be on the card exactly? To be honest I rather see a Divas match than a Tag Team Title match. We haven't seen a decent Divas match in years. There's two feud's that could potentially be taken to WM. That's Natalya vs Beth or K2 vs Eve. And we have Layla/Kharma who are due to return sometime soon. There's easily enough time to give the Divas a 10 min match on this card. For some reason I see K2 vs Eve in a singles match, I dont know why... I think it would make more sense for it to be K2/Zack Ryder vs Kane/Eve and then let Beth have a singles match with Natalya or someone else.

My dream match for the Divas at WM 28 would be: Beth vs Natalya vs Eve vs Kelly w/ Trish Stratus as the ref and Kharma returning after the match.

Personally I would make the Tag Team bout the dark match...that's even more boring than the Divas haha!

It's a shame Beth Phoenix isn't a face. Eve, as a heel, has garnered more attention and become more over than any Diva on the roster in the last two weeks.

Her promo on RAW was pretty damn good. She came off like a Bitch, which is perfect for me. And the way she made Kelly Kelly feel so inferior was funny.

I feel like it'd be a waste of Heel Eve to put her in a tag match with Ryder and Kelly Kelly, who would most likely be his partner.

This could be WWE's BIG Chance to make a Diva's match we'll be interested in. Beth Phoenix hasn't been on TV since the Elimination Chamber ppv.

Once Eve beats down Kelly Kelly on a RAW episode, along with other Divas, to add more and more depth to her heel persona, Beth Phoenix can come out and confront her. She would say something like "Why don't you try to use/bully me?" and she'll brawl with Eve and we got an interesting Diva's match on our hands.

A psychotic, sexy heel Eve vs A face Glamazon Beth Phoenix at WrestleMania would be very interesting indeed.

it'S kinda of weird, but after the last what happenning since last monday between Eve and Kelly Kelly, i'm guessing they decided to build a feud between does 2 and will probably going to have that match at mania, which means that the dream match that everybody wanted to see between Kharma and Beth Phoenix won't be happenning at wrestlemania.

In a way, i'm not surprise because Beth is pretty much in a filler role right not until Kharma comes back and since she's not coming back anytime soon, Beth will probably just drop the belt back to Kelly maybe even before mania so that the Kelly/eve match is for the divas championship.

After reading articles on wwe.com, it came to mind that we could possibly see Beth Phoenix and Eve vs Maria Menounos and a mystery partner most likely being Kelly Kelly at the big event. I would rather perfer Kharma as Maria's partner but it wouldnt make sense. This would be a route wwe takes. We have seen many divas tag matches over the years at Mania and I really dont like any of them except for the one we saw at Mania 24. I dont see why wwe doesnt jus put the divas title on the line. We are yet to see a Divas Title match at WM.

I honestly think the only way WWE could make the Divas and Tag divisions cared about more and make a WrestleMania match not the time to take a bathroom break is make Raw a 3 hour show every week and let the WWE give the Divas more time to get shown and get more care about them. This match idea does sound pretty good and realistic though.

Instead of it being Kelly Kelly, they should make it a suprise partner that will be revealed when the actual match happens at Wrestlemania. It should be Natalya, for one she is much better as a face than a heel, and two her current "passing gas" gimmick is ridiculous. She is one of the few women that can really wrestle. This could set up a fued between her and Beth over the next couple months.

I thought they would of done some kind of mixed tag match with Ryder and Eve. Wouldn't that have made more sense?

LOL @ Maria Menounos wrestling. Who the hell wants to see that? They have a strong lineup this year. I would hate for them to waste even a couple of minutes on this crap.

Please for the love of god don't let the divas waste time.

I respect them, but damn, if they are going to throw a random famous person in the ring with 3 other divas and a 2 weeks build they might as well just have an intermission.

i hope to god they dont do a divas match. they are boring as hell to watch and why wast the 5min when it could be used for a match that matters?

During the WWE-themed appearance on Extra today, a new match for WrestleMania was set up, and we'll be getting a Divas match, after all as WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix teams with Eve Torres to take on the team of Kelly Kelly and Extra's Maria Menounos, who has made multiple appearances for WWE in the past.

Tonight's episode of Extra opened up with WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres being held back by security from Maria Menounos as she was filming a segment for the show with Kelly Kelly.

They later showed footage of Menounos introducing and interviewing Kelly Kelly. Kelly talked about Beth Phoenix being her WrestleMania competition before showing a clip of Eve and Beth walking into the interview to interrupt. Maria brought up how she pinned Beth Phoenix before and they aired the footage.

Beth grabbed Menounos by the chin and demanded an interview but was pulled back by security. Eve and Beth challenged Maria to a match at WrestleMania 28 and Kelly promised to have her back in an apparent tag match.

I dont know, who Maira is and I dont care. If no Kong I have no interst. Anybody interested?

Well this is thrown together. I vaguely remember something about some TV show being mentioned on Raw - and then they suddenly announce a match? I'm afraid that simply will not do. The Divas are insignificant, but even they deserve better than that when it comes to WrestleMania.

The lack of Kharma is fine by me. Contrary to popular IWC opinion, there are talented Divas who could work with Beth Phoenix - like Natalya, or Tamina, or AJ. Kharma not being on the card isn't the issue. The issues are that Phoenix and Natalya are supposed to be a team, Eve already has a storyline with Zack Ryder and Kelly Kelly is a pointless human being. None of it makes a lick of sense.

Oh, and who the fuck is Maria Menounos? If you're going to have a celebrity match at the biggest event of the year, why can't you get a real celebrity? You know, someone who people outside of the US might be somewhat aware of.

No one would give a fuck about a women's match for the title because it's women's wrestling and no one cares. Plus the WWE always has to have a celebrity match at mania.

think about this, there pretty much has to be a celebrity match, it's what Wrestlemania really is. Would you rather it be a match with a more over (all of them are) man or with the Divas in a match 99% of people already don't care about?

In a perfect world, you have neither, but then you wouldn't be trying to hit every demographic. Plus these kinds of matches are great buffers. Stick this in between Rock/Cena and HIAC and let people piss.

I don't think Kharma is at Mania because of her baby situation.

Also, this match isn't "thrown together" it was teased and then made. It's not like we're going through Mania and all of the sudden they announce this match. It has build. It's shit and no one will care, but whatever, I get why it's on the card.

Ok, here's the good and bad in all this as far as I'm concerned.

The Good, IMO, is that, of course, it's a celebrity match and a lot people know Maria Menounos which means great publicity for her, more exposure, and more money. Not to mention, Beth & Maria already have had a past altercation (Maria pinned Beth in a match on RAW sometime ago) which sets up a nice backstory should WWE figure it into the angle. Also, she's pretty damn sexy. :p

The Bad, IMO, is that this is a complete waste of both Beth Phoenix and Eve. This Eve heel turn has been the best thing for the Divas Division in quite some time now, and instead of booking a meaningful match, she's in a celebrity match and as far as Beth goes, the Divas Title won't be on the line.......again. The last time the Women's/Divas Title was defended was at WrestleMania 23.

But then again, I'm going to come to terms with this match and see how they build it up. The only interesting part of this angle is how Beth Phoenix and Eve are as a team. We haven't seen a good heel divas team since Lay-Cool. It's also gonna be interesting to see if they include Zack Ryder, or Miz into this match. Either way, we'll see how the build starts to take form on RAW before I make a final judgment on it. For now, it's just meh to me.

The way this match is setting up, I'm looking at it this way:

WrestleMania 27 - Lay-Cool & Dolph Ziggler vs Trish, Snooki, & John Morrison = WrestleMania 28 - Eve, Beth, & The Miz vs Maria M., Kelly Kelly, & Ryder

I know it's a Divas match now, but things can always change.

WWE.com has announced that this will be the Diva match to take place at WM. Maria Menounos has participated in a few WWE matches and is a well known WWE fan. I'm expecting WWE will play up the fact that Menounos pinned Phoenix in an 8 Diva tag match at the Tribute to the Troops show last year. Menounos is one of the hosts of the entertainment news show Extra.

While I can't say I'm thrilled at the Diva match, this might not be all that bad. Sure it'll still be filler, but it probably won't be something that's awful to watch. I'm just hoping they don't just let Kelly & Maria go over, but they probably will.

I'm figuring that this sort of came about so the WWE could still get some type of quasi-celebrity in a match at Wrestlemania after the whole Shaq thing didn't pan out. After the Shaq thing fell through, I guess they decided that they still needed a diva match and they still wanted a celebrity to appear, so they just sort of combined the two and came up with this match. Kind of lackluster though if you ask me, since Maria Menuonononosous (I think I spelled that right) isn't that well-known, nor does she have a memorable personality. I think the one saving grace of this match could be Zack Ryder's involvement. I'm not sure how they'll go about it, but it seems right now he's just at Eve's feet. I hope they involve him heavily both in the buildup and in the actual match as a manager. He could give this segment a little more life and excitement. Maybe even use this match to advance the Ryder/Eve storyline somehow. At least then there'd be an eventual point to it. If they use him and go that route, then I'm okay with it.

PlayTheGame hit the nail on the head. It was a scramble move from out of no where, and honestly it frustrates me. On a thrilling road to WrestleMania, WWE.. just WWE-ed it up. You had the opportunity for a match that almost everyone would like to see, and that's Beth defend the title against Kharma. Or even a fall back plan of Beth vs Natalya. HELL! It could be a stretch, but Trish has said multiple times she'd like to work a real program with Beth. If she'd come back to team with Snooki, I have to believe she'd listen to that. Bottom line, for the first time since WrestleMania 22, they had the chance to put a Diva's match on their card that wasn't a glorified piss break. I'd even be willing to say, it'd be a selling point for the Pay-Per-View, which would be a first timer for the Diva's. I'd certainly look forward to that match more then the World Title match that feels a bit forced to me. And they WWE-ed it up by forcing a tag team match with a D-list celebrity. I just.. ugh it frustrates me so.

Well, I have mixed feelings following the official announcement. This is hardly the Beth Phoenix VS Natalya or Kharma match for the Divas Championship that I had been hoping for. Then again, at least Beth made it onto the card. I am a bit disappointed that we yet again miss out on a Divas Championship match at Wrestlemania though. They have not had a female title match since Melina VS Ashley for the Womens Championship at Wrestlemania 23 which was 5 years ago. If they want that belt to have any ounce of prestige then Beth should be in a title match and have a strong victory.

At the same time, this move still makes sense though. Eve has been on a roll lately and Maria's involvement will gain some publicity for the event. It's not the first time she sets foot in a WWE ring. She was a guest host a couple of years back and participated in a divas match, which she won. I'd rather see Beth VS Natalya anyday, but I will settle for this. Things could be worse because they might have kept the divas off the card completely.

Who will win the OP asked???

Der, celebrities ALWAYS GO OVER at Wrestlemania. This is a ridiculous match, leaving talent like Natalya, Kharma and Snuka out of a match. This will garner zero extra buy rates and tyhe result is a throw away. This is the match to bore the fans ahead of Rock vs Cena so they are all set to be involved in the match. If a Diva match has to happen, why not have an actual wrestling match that the fans can take seriousl;y, like heaven forbid a fucken WWE Divas Title Match

After the match Beth and Tamina had at Elimination Chamber I had a good deal of hope they would get something squared away for Beth at WrestleMania but this kind of match and hurried setup is a great reminder of what WWE thinks of the Diva Division.

While having somewhat of an surprise feel to it I can't say I'm against it.

It's out annual celebrity Divas match that like every other Divas match during the year serves as a piss or food break prior to the main event. I was hoping that we would get a quality match with Beth Phoenix being pitted against Karma or Natalya but that match would have served the same purpose regardless of it's potential. I have no idea who Maria Menounos is at all and I really don't care whether she wins or not. This match is something WWE threw together to create the female celebrity filler of the night, using a storyline that to my knowledge has only gone on only for about a week now. I can't see the face team loosing here and the possibility of a Zack Ryder involvement does seem promising but as of right now it doesn't intrigue me enough to care about this match.

I predict that the face team wins and we move on to the main event quickly after a "feel-good' moment/post match celebration.

The match is going to have to change. Apparently Maria Menuounos broke a rib during rehearsal for DWTS either yesterday or this morning, and I doubt they will have her compete. I see her getting replaced in the match with Alicia Fox or something, and then have her act as a manager on the outside of the ring instead.

The match is going to have to change. Apparently Maria Menuounos broke a rib during rehearsal for DWTS either yesterday or this morning, and I doubt they will have her compete. I see her getting replaced in the match with Alicia Fox or something, and then have her act as a manager on the outside of the ring instead.

She probably wasn't going to be in the ring much regardless. Whether they replace her with Alicia or some random other face diva who sucks, it won't change the fact that this match is going to be a break for everyone. I can easily see it going on towards the end of the evening so that people get a chance to calm down. Fans in the attendance can go to the merchandise stands, and those of us at home can go over to the fridge to grab a snack or a drink. It will be nothing special. I am calling it now, this will be the worst match of the night.

We could have gotten Beth VS Natalya, but I suppose the divas division will truly never matter again. This was their shot to finally provide a great match and they messed that up yet again. Maria's involvement will get WWE some publicity like Snooki last year did, at least. I'm not interested in this match. It's received very little build up and the divas basically all suck so there's nothing to care about. Kelly and Maria/Alicia/whoever will get the win here because celebrities or the teams they represent pretty much always win. It's good for business. Beth moves on to an actual title feud, likely with Eve at some point. Kelly moves on to, oh who even cares.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kelly and Maria will defeat Beth and Eve.

This is just stupid. Flat out stupid. No other words could describe this match. Why in the flying fuck is this match even needed. Look, I get it, the WWE wants celebrity involvement with Wrestlemania. Congratulations, you have the Rock, and some music artist performing at the show. Why in the Hell would you book some anchor chick from a stupid show into this match?

Does the WWE honestly believe that the same people that watch Extra are going to dish out $55 to watch Mania, or hell, even flip on Monday Night Raw afterwards to see the aftermath of this match? This match has received (justifiably) almost no attention on mainstream WWE programming. I don't care, the live crowd isn't going to care, the Extra crowd isn't going to care. For Fuck's sake the celebrity/social media shit is going to make my damn head explode one day.

Winner: Fuck this match, because no one gives a shit about it whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back