Night of Champions - WWE Divas Championship - Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
20110905_noc_divas.jpg

“Your days as the cute, perky blond bimbo are over.” – Beth Phoenix, to Divas Champion Kelly Kelly on August 1, 2011.

With those words, The Glamazon had drawn a line in the sand – she was determined to change the very face of the Divas division. At SummerSlam two weeks later, though, she failed in her quest, coming up short in her title match against Kelly Kelly. At Night of Champions, however, Phoenix will once again have an opportunity to usher in a new era. For Kelly Kelly, a victory at the prestigious pay-per-view would go a long way in vindicating her as champion and proving yet again that she’s much more than just a pretty face.

The controversy in the Divas division was brought to stark relief when WWE.com published an article questioning whether or not the Divas division needed “saving.” While the story credited all Divas for their impressive work ethic, its insights clearly rankled some, who felt Beth and her “Divas of Doom” partner, Natalya, were being singled out for preferential treatment.

The dustup shone a long overdue spotlight on a division rich in legendary names such as WWE Hall of Famers Fabulous Moolah and Wendi Richter, as well as the incomparable Trish Stratus. The tension between Kelly Kelly and Phoenix demonstrates just how passionately these women feel about maintaining that historic legacy. Will The Glamazon forge a new era in the Divas division in her hometown of Buffalo, N.Y.? Or will Kelly Kelly finally silence her critics once and for all, convincing the WWE Universe that she’s truly earned the right to be Divas Champion?

As a result of her win over Eve on Raw last night, "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix is the #1 contender for the WWE Divas Championship. As a result, she'll face Kelly Kelly in what's really a return match from SummerSlam where Kelly successfully defended the title.

Expectedly, this match is going to be filler as it's a women's match but that doesn't mean that it can't be decent filler. I like the fact that we've been seeing an honest to goodness storyline and coherant feud among the Divas for the past while and it's just an overall improvement.

I'd say Beth Phoenix will capture the title from Kelly at NOC. Kelly has beaten Beth once and another loss will really blast any and all momentum Beth & Natalya, AKA the Divas Of Doom, have gained and interest will probably decline rapidly.

I think Beth and Natalya are doing a fantastic job.

It's really smart of the WWE. You need your women's division to be a mix of athletes and beauty queens, but they all need to be able to have an entertaining match. KK and the like were so fuck ugly in the ring that no one gave a shit. So now they're going to have them in constant feuds with the athletes until they get good. What better way to promote this than to basically tell the truth. "You guys fuckin suck in the ring, we're here to stop you" "fuck you, we're trying and getting better" is essentially the truth minus the hostility.

I'm looking foreward to this match, well, as much as one can a women's wrestling match. I would like to see Natalya win. I think it works better from a story perspective that KK has to prove herself by winning the title back. If Natalya loses and KK keeps winning then it's kinda like "well yea she's bitching about not getting a chance but she keeps losing, why care about her?" It's not like Natalya is the female version of christian where losing and whining fits her character.

I give this one to Beth Phenoix and I see this being a good match up. Beth should be champion as she is good in the ring. Besides her botching her finisher last nite. The Divas of Doom are doing good an I think all divas are slightly improving. Only time can tel how they will do. An I hope these two get atleast 7 to an 8 min match up. An that can make it a good filler match.

Winner Beth Phenoix.

Beth needs to win this match against KK if any of the stuff she spewed about Barbie doll this and cute that to mean anything. I don't know if I'm intrigued by this matchup at all, but I hope it's somewhere close to where their SS matchup was because that match was surprisingly good. Kelly is getting better and better each week so this should be a good matchup.

For the good of all people involved, Kelly needs to get the living shit beaten out of her at Night Of Champions. She can't wrestle to save her life yet she keeps winning (where have I heard that one before?). Beth and Nattie are recognized as two of the best female wrestlers in the world and no one is buying it whenever Kelly goes over on one of them. In addition to SummerSlam, Kelly has beaten Beth at least twice at the house shows and she beats Nattie on Smackdown this coming Friday. If Kelly wins at NOC, it's over.

I think WWE's plan all along was to use the Divas Of Doom storyline to give Kelly the credibility she's sorely lacking, as a good in-ring wrestler can lead a bad wrestler to a decent match. Like it or not, Kelly is WWE's 'it girl'. She symbolizes everything WWE wants in a woman but at the same time, she's everything that's wrong with the Divas division.

Yep. I was expecting this to turn into a Kelly Kelly bashing thread and I think the post above just started that. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I see Beth Phoenix winning here. This should be a good Divas match if they make it back and forth and both Divas get some offense. I don't want to see Beth dominate Kelly all the time and then Kelly with a roll up and the victory. I want it to be back and forth.

A good way for it to end with Kelly coming out on top is if Eve actually interferes and cheats for Kelly winning her the match somehow. Then Eve can do this in all of Kelly's matches against the DOD. Kelly says she doesn't tell Eve to interfere until she eventually reveals that she's been the mastermind behind all the cheating turning both her and Eve heel. Why would they do that? The DOD actually sound like they have a point. And sometimes they even get cheered. So if they do this I think they can turn Beth and Nattie babyfaces in the process. But that's just the way i would do it I guess. Though apparently an Eve or a Kelly Kelly heel turn has been discussed.

The match is in Beth's hometown. I just don't see the WWE giving Kelly Kelly the win at all. Although I do feel Kelly has been representing the WWE very good and really improving in the ring and on the mic. Beth is one of the few Divas that the fans actually care about. Beth and Kelly are the two main Divas right now. They're the only ones that get a good enough reaction. So I just see Beth winning this one in her home town.

diva matches are really boring. i think kelly kelly should dominate and then beth steals the win with a roll up or cheating. then on raw eve wins matches but then kk starts getting away from beth/naty when they attack eve after the match. kelly kelly beats beth clean at hiac. eve attacks naty outside the cage with a chair, the title, or thru the table!. after hte match eve attacks kk after celebrating and says how she should be champ and kk isnt a real friend. kk should hold the title most of the time to make her a credible challenge for when kharma gets back.

if their match at NOC is as good as it was at summerslam it should be a pretty good divas match expect hopefully this time they get it right and beth takes the title from kelly...i fully expect eve and nattie out there to manage kelly and beth during the match and from what i heard vince wants to turn kelly or eve heel so maybe eve turns heel at NOC to screw kelly out of retaining even though i REALLY DONT WANT EVE OR KELLY TO TURN HEEL! :banghead:

I think Eve needs to be a hot heel. She is fuckin sexy. I met her in person recently all slink-ied up with the skirt, hose, heels and where was I?......................). Oh yeah, so I smell the turn on K2 and making a Beth-Natalya-Eve trio.

Yes, I think "E" is doing well with the Natalya-Beth thing. I also think that Beth needs to hold the belt and have the three of them run a muck on all the Divas until Awesome Kong Returns as the top face.

I am sick of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. 3 no talent losers that are just brutal to watch. First, K2 is a very funny looking braud. Nowhere near as hot as everyone thinks. The Bellas are useless unless it's a mahn-age'-eh-twa (I can't spell it) situation.

Not to go off topic here.................but I hear Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky's contracts all end in December. They are not going to resign all. Perhaps a Beautiful People sighting at the Royal Rumble?!?!?!?!

I think Eve needs to be a hot heel. She is fuckin sexy. I met her in person recently all slink-ied up with the skirt, hose, heels and where was I?......................). Oh yeah, so I smell the turn on K2 and making a Beth-Natalya-Eve trio.

Yes, I think "E" is doing well with the Natalya-Beth thing. I also think that Beth needs to hold the belt and have the three of them run a muck on all the Divas until Awesome Kong Returns as the top face.

I am sick of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. 3 no talent losers that are just brutal to watch. First, K2 is a very funny looking braud. Nowhere near as hot as everyone thinks. The Bellas are useless unless it's a mahn-age'-eh-twa (I can't spell it) situation.

Not to go off topic here.................but I hear Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky's contracts all end in December. They are not going to resign all. Perhaps a Beautiful People sighting at the Royal Rumble?!?!?!?!

Not to turn this thread into a beauty contest, but Kelly Kelly is WAY hotter than Eve, no question. Nothing about K2 is "funny looking" unless you consider a PERFECT body and face funny looking.. (oh, and its "menage a trois")

WWE in general seems to be moving back to a storyline-driven model instead of just "you're a face, you're a heel, now fight" like they've essentially been doing for a while, especially in the Divas division. Any kind of work put into a Divas angle is a great thing, IMO. And while K2 isn't the best wrestler out there, putting her against someone who's great in the ring like Beth makes for a pretty good match, and more importantly, a pretty good story.

Ill keep it short and sweet, Beth to win at NOC. Its in her hometown and Kelly has had a long enough 1st reign as Divas champ, hopefully the match is still good maybe 6-8 minute's long

Not to turn this thread into a beauty contest, but Kelly Kelly is WAY hotter than Eve, no question. Nothing about K2 is "funny looking" unless you consider a PERFECT body and face funny looking.. (oh, and its "menage a trois")

WWE in general seems to be moving back to a storyline-driven model instead of just "you're a face, you're a heel, now fight" like they've essentially been doing for a while, especially in the Divas division. Any kind of work put into a Divas angle is a great thing, IMO. And while K2 isn't the best wrestler out there, putting her against someone who's great in the ring like Beth makes for a pretty good match, and more importantly, a pretty good story.
If you consider a titless, assless, shapeless, extension-wearing, make-up caked on her face little GIRL to be "perfect". She's build like a teenager. But hey, some people like that...pedos.

I like that they're adding more depth to their stories also. I think the match will be decent and hopefully it's furthered even more.

If you consider a titless, assless, shapeless, extension-wearing, make-up caked on her face little GIRL to be "perfect". She's build like a teenager. But hey, some people like that...pedos.

I like that they're adding more depth to their stories also. I think the match will be decent and hopefully it's furthered even more.

Well Kelly is young, but she doesn't look like any little kid I've ever seen. Titless? Dude, she has implants. Assless? Compared to some, maybe, but I'd still wear it like a Hockey mask. Kelly isn't the hottest Diva on the roster, but she is a sexy chick. I'd hit it.

As for the match... I really don't give a shit. I know they're trying to play up this whole "Divas of Doom" story or whatever the fuck it is, but both Natty and Beth are fucking awful at talking. That whole segment on Raw made me want to rip my face off.

I kind of hope Kelly Kelly wins just because the outrage on these forums will be hilarious. "Beth is such a better wrestler!!11" Blah Blah. Kelly is easily the most over chick on the roster, I say just let her keep the title for a while.

Well Kelly is young, but she doesn't look like any little kid I've ever seen. Titless? Dude, she has implants. Assless? Compared to some, maybe, but I'd still wear it like a Hockey mask. Kelly isn't the hottest Diva on the roster, but she is a sexy chick. I'd hit it.

As for the match... I really don't give a shit. I know they're trying to play up this whole "Divas of Doom" story or whatever the fuck it is, but both Natty and Beth are fucking awful at talking. That whole segment on Raw made me want to rip my face off.

I kind of hope Kelly Kelly wins just because the outrage on these forums will be hilarious. "Beth is such a better wrestler!!11" Blah Blah. Kelly is easily the most over chick on the roster, I say just let her keep the title for a while.
She's titless. She wears a MASSIVE push up. Ask any woman you know. She has B cups at best. I don't like scrawny girls. I like women with curves and boobs and an ass. I feel like I'd break KK.

I agree that people on here who claim people should win "because they are teh better wrestler!!!11" are dumb. The "better wrestler" is the more over wrestler. However, I feel that for the storyline, it'll work better if KK loses it and has to fight tooth and fake nail to get it back.

I can see Beth winning this match because if you get beat two PPVs in a row are you really going to get over as a diva of destruction? And that is what WWE are trying to push her and Natty as. But the other thing I think could happen which I don't want to happen is Beth loses and then Natty attacks her after the match and says something along the lines of "you were never the dominant diva, I'm the dominant diva and you're holding me back". I don't want this to happen because I think they should keep a decent storyline in the divas division going a little longer.

But as Sandy said it would be pretty funny to have Kelly win simply because the posters on this this forum would be absolutely pissed and it would be pretty funny.

I going keep it short by saying Beth going to win and need to. They been building this Diva of Doom to be a threat to the division but KK gotten the best of them. If she win again it over for them and the division go straight down the toilet. KK had been doing good but she not helping the divison holding the title. Plus she terrible carrying a feud with somebody because she all smile and cant talk. The Bellas and DOD have been carrying the feud so it best to give it to someone that can do that. I don't want hear someone saying because KK over she hot and over that give her the right be champion if that alone reason people have.

I think Beth should win I like many others was upset when Kelly won at Summerslam. I know there are Kelly fans out there that says she has improved but she is just blah to me. And I see sparks of improvement but not much. I won't lie I did cheer for her against the Bellas but if I have to choose id pick her over the bellas. But back on topic I want Beth to win she deserves it. The last time she was in her hometown fighting for a title she was defending the women's title against laycool and she lost her title because she was injured. I think she should win if she doesn't this divas of doom storyline is going to look like a joke just because kelly would have bested her twice.

Also I get tired of hearing Kelly screaming during every offensive move she does its so annoying.

I say Beth will win the Divas Title and here is why, the PPV is in her hometown of Buffalo, so you know for a fact Beth is going to get cheered and Kelly Kelly is most likely going to get booed

IMO Maryse and Eve are much better looking than Kelly Kelly.

Kelly Kelly is awful. Anybody notice how she runs the ropes. :lmao:. I'm not really a big Beth fan but I hope she wins. This whole "Divas of Doom" thing will die quickly if Beth doesnt win. They are not causing much "doom" to the current divas right now.

If WWE allows Kelly Kelly to get yet another cheap win over Beth/Natalya. . .I'm not going to watch any more divas matches until someone tells me someone else has won the title.

Beth should've won last PPV. . .Natalya should've won this week. It's a joke that it's taking this long. Beth needs to win in a squash match at this point to give any validity to the Divas of Doom or the Diva division in general. They've taken away way too much credibility by allowing Kelly Kelly to beat BOTH of the Divas of Doom without outside help. Gtfo with that crap WWE. . .it's just awful. None of Kelly Kelly's moves even look impressive. She's just really pretty and that's it. At least let someone who has a couple impressive moves win. . .like at least Eve has an impressive moonsault finisher that she does crisply. I would be okay if Eve was winning. But Kelly Kelly. . .just ewww.

Edit: I read some comment about Kelly Kelly being "assless", and someone disagreed. Just wanted to chime in on that. Yeah, she is pretty much assless. It's almost completely flat. Kelly Kelly is very pretty, but her ass is pretty much non existant. Natalya has the best ass right now imo with Melina gone. Maryse's isn't bad either, but I haven't seen her in forever.

I think Beth should win I like many others was upset when Kelly won at Summerslam. I know there are Kelly fans out there that says she has improved but she is just blah to me. And I see sparks of improvement but not much. I won't lie I did cheer for her against the Bellas but if I have to choose id pick her over the bellas. But back on topic I want Beth to win she deserves it. The last time she was in her hometown fighting for a title she was defending the women's title against laycool and she lost her title because she was injured. I think she should win if she doesn't this divas of doom storyline is going to look like a joke just because kelly would have bested her twice.

Also I get tired of hearing Kelly screaming during every offensive move she does its so annoying.
It's a psychological thing. Most wrestling fans are dumb. I'm not being rude. I mean that most pro wrestling fans are literally less educated than the average population. They're more primal in their thinking. They're the type of people that would slash your tires or fight you instead of talking the problems out. When primal thinking people hear female screams, and it's a percieved attractive woman, they are more interested. At least that's what my gf with a psychology background says. She doesn't have a PhD or anything, but it makes sense.

KK is fairly over. I think this feud is more about elevating her. However, I really think it'd work better if she lost the belt, overcame adversity, then one it back.

Err.. Kelly screams because no one in the crowd is giving a damn during her matches. Most of the time, the crowd at least perks up when they get screamed at.

I thought the Summerslam match was surprisingly good. Mainly because Kelly wore her working boots. Beth didn't do much, but I digress. I don't have a problem with being optimistic about this match.. I just think giving Beth the belt would be stupid considering Nattie has been the only one trying with this feud. What has changed about Beth since turning heel besides looking like a fat drag queen?

I actually think Eve has some potential to be a face of the divas. I mean she is not there yet but if the WWE pushes for it just might work. She has the sex appeal marketability, athletic, and she has a few good spots in her matches.

As for Beth vs. Kelly Kelly at Night of Champions I am hoping Beth runs all over Kelly. How else are you going to get Beth Phoenix as the anti-diva over?

Also I expect a huge ovation for Beth Phoenix ... since NOC will be in her hometown Buffalo (apparently). Could we see Nuclear Heat on Kelly Kelly?

I think the only reason for building Natalya and Beth Pheonix up so much is to make Kelly Kelly look stronger. She's arguably one, if not the most over diva on the current roster. The WWE sees something in Kelly I obviously do not, but I see her reign being long as fuck. Maybe even going on until Kharma can can back and possibly take it from her. I don't see where this Diva's of Doom storyline is really going. Beth and Natalya aren't doing anything to really make themselves dominant in any way. I think it would be interesting to see Beth win here but I feel Kelly Kelly will pull and upset victory of sorts.

Hamler's Prediction - Kelly Kelly will retain the Diva's Championship

Beth better win here. If she doesn't, then I have lost all hope for this division. They need to have someone dominant as the champion. Kelly got her run that she earned after all the years of work she put in, and she got to retain at Summerslam against Beth. Great. Now it's time to finally fix this division. Put the belt on Beth and let her destroy everyone else. She is the best they have and therefore should be champion. Natalya could be at her side helping her destroy all of the model princesses that can't wrestle, only for the two to feud by the time everyone else has been defeated by them. I'm not expecting much out of the match, Beth should be able to carry Kelly to a match that is watchable. I've got Beth winning the match because sooner or later WWE will realize how good it would be to have a Divas Champion that can actually wrestle. Fingers are crossed.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Beth Phoenix will win the Divas Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back