All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
what I was saying is that if he was going to "let" or "ask" for anyone to break the streak it would have been a legendary wrestler like HBK, Trips, etc. Both fought him multiple times and couldn't beat him but now suddenly CM Punk is going to beat him? LMAO! Sure.

I don't understand the problem with CM Punk beating him? Well, I do if you want to preserve the streak but claiming that HBK and HHH should do it over CM Punk? Punk just had the longest reign seen in a long, long time and drew respectable ratings all year long while doing so. So wanting two wrestlers past their prime to end it?

People keep talking about how *obvious* it is that John Cena will win, but isn't that exactly what people were saying last year?

Cena winning is (arguably) even more predictable that it was before. So I wouldn't be too surprised if VKM decided to swerve us again, and have Rock simply beat Cena. Vince already knows (thanks to WM28) that having Cena lose to The Rock won't harm business so he'll be less nervous about doing it again.

Also, people keep assuming The Rock will be off again straight after Wrestlemania, I'm not so sure though, I wouldn't bet against him staying maybe another month or so till Extreme Rules, where you could then finally have the triple threat between him, Punk and Cena.

its crazy and will never happen but a real end of an era match?
as in real end of an era. john cena vs whoever is wwe champion looser leaves 4 good.
Goodbye cena goodbye pg era

Forgive me if that has been discussed in the 188 pages in this thread, but can anyone help me place The Shield at Wrestlemania? I'm having trouble. It seems like they're trying to put together the best possible trio to give them their first loss, but I can't figure out who it would be. Since it looks like Punk may be added to the WWE title match, Punk vs. Taker might be out. So my thought is that maybe Undertaker will come back to try and stop The Shield. A 6-man tag on the PPV would be much less stressful on Taker's body. So maybe Taker, Ryback and Orton vs. The Shield? I don't know. What does everyone else think?

The Money in the Bank ladder match for a contract to face a world champion within a 12 month period was born at Wrestlemania (21). But for the past few years now the Money in the bank match has it's own pay per-view. With two mitb ladder matches. One for the WWE championship, and one for the WWE world heavyweight championship. But the mitb match at WM is for a contract at any world title, not just limited to one.

The last Money in the Bank ladder match that was held at Wrestlemania was at WM 26 in Arizona. In which WWE superstar Jack Swagger (yeah I said it) won. Now those mid to upper-carders in the backstage area needs something to do come Wrestlemania time. It would be a waste of talent and a waste of a decent match. Because the mitb ladder match is the match where every person in the match is a crusierweight, because the match goes at a fast pace!

So should the WWE bring back a Money in the bank match to Wrestlemania?

Hey all,

Just throwing some ideas out there, stuff that will likely never come to pass but fun to think about and critique aloud nonetheless.

My thoughts of curiosity focus on the issue of Raw/Smackdown general managers and their powers.

When it comes down to it, in the post Austin-McMahon feud WWE there will always be some sort of power struggle storyline or employee vs. boss tension. We are kind of stuck with it.

That said, I wonder if for future storylines how interesting people would find it if the general managers of Raw and/or Smackdown had set term limits for their time in power.

My thinking along this line would be that every Wrestlemania the sitting general manager is challenged by a would-be usurper. As an example, Paul Heyman could challenge Vicki Guerrero.

From there, the two each create a four man team and they have an 8-man tag match, with my personal preference being a Survivor-Series style match. The winner of the Wrestlemania match becomes general manager and holds the position until, you guessed it, next Wrestlemania when someone could challenge them.

Obviously the idea has some precedence in WWE storyline history. Matches have been made in the past where a team's victory guaranteed someone would become gm and at least one of them happened at Wrestlemania (28 in fact).

However, my idea is that this becomes a fixed regular occurrence each Wrestlemania, presumably as one of the opening matches or even the first match.

So what does everyone think? Genius, stupid, somewhere in between?

I think this would be kinda cool if the brand extension was still in effect... but since they merged the two brands it makes a little bit less sense. Then again if they made it one GM for both brands they could have one "election". Its an interesting idea.

Now I know the title is a little different but that's exactly what i'm asking. After there amazing match this past Monday night on RAW they obviously brough the best out of each other. Not just tonight but on numerous occasions we've seen these men battle it out Money In The Bank 2011, SummerSlam, Night Of Champions, RAW 1,000, etc. The fact is, the match this past Monday is proof to why they will eventually main event a future WrestleMania. Number one, there both two of the best in-ring performers in WWE. Number two everytime they put on a match is a damn good classic "wrestling" match.To me there's only one way they could main event a future WrestleMania. When one speaks of retirement (whenever that may be( have one of them say I would have it no better way than goin out against (Punk/Cena) at the main event of WrestleMania. I mean, there's no doubt that this is the biggest rivalry of the so called "PG/Reality" era. There's many greats Cena/Edge, Taker/Edge, Orton/Cena, HHH/Orton, etc. But the one that points out the most is Punk vs Cena. Its simply the Austin/Rock, Hogan/Piper type fued. But once they main event WrestleMania, it would just be an all time classic.

I know that was long but please leave your comments and opinions on if you think Punk and Cena should main event a future WrestleMania.

Now I know the title is a little different but that's exactly what i'm asking. After there amazing match this past Monday night on RAW they obviously brough the best out of each other. Not just tonight but on numerous occasions we've seen these men battle it out Money In The Bank 2011, SummerSlam, Night Of Champions, RAW 1,000, etc. The fact is, the match this past Monday is proof to why they will eventually main event a future WrestleMania. Number one, there both two of the best in-ring performers in WWE. Number two everytime they put on a match is a damn good classic "wrestling" match.To me there's only one way they could main event a future WrestleMania. When one speaks of retirement (whenever that may be( have one of them say I would have it no better way than goin out against (Punk/Cena) at the main event of WrestleMania. I mean, there's no doubt that this is the biggest rivalry of the so called "PG/Reality" era. There's many greats Cena/Edge, Taker/Edge, Orton/Cena, HHH/Orton, etc. But the one that points out the most is Punk vs Cena. Its simply the Austin/Rock, Hogan/Piper type fued. But once they main event WrestleMania, it would just be an all time classic.

I know that was long but please leave your comments and opinions on if you think Punk and Cena should main event a future WrestleMania.

I agree 110%! I understand that people want Austin to be at WM30 but to me this is the match that needs to be the main event. Like you said this is the AustinvsRock of this time. They both have their own fans, their own styles, and their own looks. They both can do great promos and put on good matches. They really need to Main Event next Mania.

I'd love to see Cena vs Punk in an Iron Man match headline WrestleMania 30, I'd book it so they don't so much as look sideways at each other from now until Mania 30 so as to give things time to re-heat.

Rock is working Mania 30 as well so I imagine he will face Brock, although I'd rather they did Brock vs Taker and Rock vs Orton.

Wrestlemania 30

Rock vs Brock Lesnar
The two biggest draws in the business. They should face off for a blockbuster main event.

John Cena vs The Undertaker
Taker will definately be on the card for this spectacle, he isn't retiring just yet. We haven't seen this yet but I expect it to happen before Taker retires.

TITLE - CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan
Their past fued will be a distant memory so I think the 5 star match they are both capable of should be on the card.

They would be my 3 main events next year.

This may not be in the right spot or may have been done before, if so I'm confident it will be moved to the correct area

WrestleMania 24
A great event that saw the retirement of Ric Flair (well we thought so anyway) in an AMAZING match against HBK
A decent triple threat match for the WWE title
And in the main event Undertaker defeated Edge for the WHC

Thinking about that now it seems very strange that only a few years later Edge would be OPENING Mania in a match against Delrio over the WHC. Fast forward to this past years Mania and once again in the opening match the WHC was decided in 18 seconds!!

Now i understand that at WM 24 it wasn't just the World title on the line, it was also a "Streak" match so i understand why it was the main event.

My question is... Will the world title match ever Main event the huge show again? if so.... Who will be in the match? What would be the build up that makes this match important enough to be the main event of the biggest show of the year?

Looking forward to your responses :lol:

Interesting Question:

I was just sitting here and thinking about Wrestlemania. And all the great superstars, and all the great matches that took place at this event. Well throughout history, we had many superstars who helped make Wrestlemania Like the Iconic Popularity of Superstars such as The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Technical Wrestling Prowless of Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Just Recently, Shawn Michaels Hall Of Fame Career came to an end at Wrestlemania. His many Classic Wrestlemania Matches with the Likes of Bret Hart, Undertaker, Ric, Flair, Razor Ramon, and others earned him the Nickname of Mr. Wrestlemania. But right now we still have The Streak which is currently held by the Undertaker at 20-0.

Honestly, I beleive The Streak is a reason why many Old Heads tune into Wrestlemania. They may not watch from April-December, but from January-March they plugged in. And other than the WWE Title Match, the Streak Match with the Undertaker is more talked about than any match, and more important and interested than this Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter, and Del Rio Angle that's currently going on. The Streak is very important not to WWE, Not just to The Undertaker, but to Wrestlemania as well. The Streak is the main reason in my opinion that the Undertaker Matches be so hyped.

So my question is, Undertaker 9 times out of 10 going to wrestle at Wrestlemania 30, and call it a career. After the Streak, who or what will serve as the importance to Wrestlemania? Who can draw back the old-heads, bring in new fans, as well as retain the current fans? Who or what will make Wrestlemania worth Watching if Undertaker was to retire and call it a career. In my opinion, to me Undertaker is Wrestlemania. So what will Wrestlemania be and mean after the Streak?

Please help me: (I think this is the right thread, seeing it says this thread is for all wrestlemania discussion)

I am mainly a wrestlemania watcher... I keep up with news and discussions daily on the forums, but I love the spectacle that is wrestlemania.

Last year, I watched the event stream live... On three or four different websites. I am neither pro, nor anti, piracy. But I do like supporting businesses/artists. I want to watch it legally, because well, I like the WWE and want to support it... But also because I want to see it in good quality.

I currenty live in London. I don't own Sky Sports, nor do I want it. I don't watch nearly enough sport to justify the £40 per month solely for the oppportunity to purchase one or Pay Per Views.

Can someone please tell me how I can legally purchase and watch the event live? By the way, I don't own an X-Box, but do own a PS3.

Thanks for any help in advance. I am really excited for this event. Whilst in all honesty, I am not mega invested in really any of the matches themselves (not a punk, lesner or rock fan) I still believe that WWE can captivate ones imagination on the night. Hell, my gf who never watches was entranced by simply the spectacle of the opening of 28 - and I am willing to admit that I was a nervous wreck during taker hhh.

I hope I haven't broken any rules, and happy wrestlemania everyone!!

We've been talking about this for a long time. It's an intriguing problem, isn't it? I still think the streak will never end and now that Mark Calaway's days in the ring seem to be numbered, that's what probably is going to happen. He'll be given a big retirement party (in which he still won't crack a smile) and spend the remainder of his days resting his brittle bones in the dry heat of Arizona while enjoying the McCool breeze of an air conditioner.

But if Undertaker decides he's going to end the streak by losing to someone, whom would he and WWE pick? From all accounts, he's such a good man and WWE loyalist that he might insist on it.

So, who?

For sure, John Cena has the rep to do it, but wouldn't it be more effective to bring forth the emergence of a new superstar, much in the way they elevated C.M. Punk by using Cena? Watching Cena beat 'Taker would be exciting, but he's already made it to the summit; they wouldn't be building much of anything by having him beat 'Taker....it would just be another glorious victory on Cena's belt.

This applies to the Rock too; maybe even more so. With this thread advancing the notion that Rock is going to continuing his wrestling appearances after WM29, the problem still remains: where's the big benefit in having him end Undertaker's streak? It would involve two part-timers stealing the thunder from whatever PPV the company is staging in order to end the greatest streak in pro wrestling. It almost trivializes the concept to have non-regulars accomplish this. If given the choice, I'd rather have Cena fight the match. If Rock does it, people would cheer, of course.....only to watch him stroll back to Hollywood. Personally, if someone is to end the streak, I'd rather have it be a guy who's sticking around to build on his accomplishment.

Who else ends the streak? Who? Brock Lesnar? That would suck; I would rather see Evan Bourne end it than a part-time, monster heel like Brock who might kill Mark Calaway in the process.

Kevin Nash? Hell, only he thinks he's a big enough name to turn the trick.

Triple H or HBK? Already tried twice, failed twice. Can't see the allure in making the third time the charm.

C.M. Punk? Maybe, if they want to have him smash through the glass ceiling and attain even greater heights than they've boosted him to already. Personally, I don't see him as important enough to beat Undertaker, but his current deal with WWE seems to be unique; who knows how many of the shots can be called by him?

Sting? A couple years ago we discussed the possibility of Steve Borden coming to WWE, probably for a short program that wound up with a "wrestler-never-before-in-WWE" coming in and ending the streak of the longest tenured WWE superstar before signing a Legends contract and retiring. The idea appealed to me about as much as jumping off a skyscraper, although the spectacle itself would have been a "can't-miss" event.

In the end, I think if the streak is to end at all, there's a chance it might fall to someone who isn't even with the company yet, or at least not yet prominent in WWE; someone who's ready for a top spot and needs only a stellar victory to achieve it. Who might that be?....That's the whole point; he isn't here yet. Or maybe he's one of the obscure NxT guys. Or he hasn't been born yet. Of course, this presupposes Mark Calaway's tortured body lasts long enough for the guy to reach this point, but if it does, we may yet see it.

As before, though, my guess is 'Taker retired with the streak intact.

It's cleaner that way.

So I was watching Wrestlemania at my friends last night and we were discussing attendance records. Now the Metlife can hold up to 82,000 I believe or a figure around that.

We then got onto the subject of Wembley which is a maximum Capacity of around 90,000, now I understand the huge issue is time difference, but the UK's dedication to Wrestling is huge, we wait up till 12/1am and stayup till around 4-5am, some have work the next day yet still watch.

I personally believe a Wrestlemania in Wembley would work out very very well for the WWE and the UK. Plus it would be nice to see the grandest stage of them all here in my home town in the UK.

Thoughts on this?

Mate i posted a question like this a while back. The answers i got then made good points.

The time difference is the big problem with WWE ever having another major PPV over here.

I think its just a case of if it started here at say 9pm it would be lunch time over there so not as many people would watch as they would when the show starts at 7/9 in the US

Whilst I too would be happy to see it in the UK the timing issue would likely mean it will never happen.

One other point...Wembley holds 90,000. However if you take into account the stage you will likely loose some 20,000 seats there. Obviously you have the floor seats but I would anticipate an attendance much similar to last night at Wembley.

So, it’s not long after a largely disappointing Wrestlemania 29.

Already, there is some concern that Wrestlemania 30 may not be a stand-out event; the options in terms of “once in a lifetime” matches are very limited, plus you can almost guarantee that there will be no breakout stars, or major players from TNA, come over between now and then. It’s not impossible but to develop and build someone to put in as a top-liner at WM often takes more than a year, unless they have been there already.

On this basis, my predicted main-event matches are as follows:

Donald Trump v Vince McMahon

CM Punk v “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

John Cena v The Undertaker

The Rock v Brock Lesnar

Triple H v Shawn Michaels (or possibly Chris Jericho)

It’s a card with a lot of possibilities; personally speaking, I would hope for at least one “dream match” – Sting is too much to ask for but I’m hoping they have at least one trick up their sleeve – Punk/Austin would pretty much qualify. Just pray it isn’t “thrice in a lifetime”; Rock v Cena at WM28 was something else, Rock v Cena at WM29 felt overdone, overhyped and nothing anywhere near as special as it was before. Rock v Cena at WM30 really shouldn’t happen, it really shouldn’t.

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this. Part-timers are exactly that and I would be worried if I was Vince McMahon; how many will compete next year out of Rock/Brock/Triple H/Austin/Undertaker? Ziggler/Del Rio/Big Show/Orton/Mysterio/Sheamus/Barrett/Swagger/Bryan et al are not big enough to break into that top card for a special Wrestlemania, neither are the Shield, who would have disbanded by then anyway.

the predicted wrestlemania matches above are pretty accurate i say with the exception of austin v punk.

My ideal wrestlemania matches would be:

HBK V ROCK (never been done)
Undertaker v cena ( cena better not win) title v streak
Brock V Ryback (never been done)
Austin V punk (never been done)
triple h V ????? not sure about this one

Really don't care so long as we finally get Cena vs Taker.

Only dream Wrestlemania match left for me outside of Bryan vs Punk for the WWE Title.

If they delivered those two matches on the card I'd walk over a sea of hot coals to get to New Orleans

Austin v Punk
Rock v Lesnar
Taker v Cena (unless Sting Joins wwe)
Bryan v Jericho
Triple H v Ziggler

I Think They need to start using the part timers to help elevate some of the full time roster, which they can do the big name guy matches but put on 1 or 2 matches were a part timer helps elevate a full timer by association

Hmmm.... this is interesting because we all have the dream match of Austin vs Punk but I think that was pretty much scrapped by Punk in an interview so I'll go with....
main events
Cena vs Punk (WWE Title)
Undertaker vs Wade Barrett
Ryback vs Daniel Bryan (World Title)

rest of the show
Fandango vs The miz (Intercontinental title)
Triple H vs Ambrose
The Rock vs Lesnar (pointless match)
(insert Divas match here)
(insert pointless tensai match here)

Pre show.
Reigns + Rollins vs Prime time players (tag titles)

Austin vs. Punk should headline. I'll concede that the match won't be great, but like the original Rock/Cena, it will have a great feel and is just a dream match. If anything, the feud and promos leading up to it should be stellar.

Personally, i think they should mix in part-timers but also put newer guys with the best potential higher up on the card and have them come out strong. I may sound like a typical IWC mark but guys like Ziggler, Bryan, Ryback and the Shield have to look like they are on the same level if the WWE ever wants to build new stars. WM30 should be a passing of the torch and a celebration of the best WWE has created all in one.

main event.
wwe championship match.
john cena(champ) vs the undertaker(21-0) special ref. edge

world heavyweight championship match.
dolph ziggler vs randy orton vs sheamus(champ)

cm punk vs daniel bryan 60 minute iron man match winner gets a shot at whatever championship they want to go for and what type of match

brock lesnar vs ryback

intercontinental champion u.s. champion ladder match winner can walk out with both belts two different champs or end up the loser and end up with nothing at all
wade barrrett vs kofi kingston vs the miz vs fandango

wwe tag team championship match.
mark henry/chris jericho vs alberto del rio/big show

hhh vs shane mcmahon winner take all runs the raw and smackdown shows with stone cold steve austin as the ref

the order of the matches can change but i think this could be a very compelling Mania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back