All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haven't made a thread in awhile, and this has been on my mind.

So there was a rumor floating around that WWE was considering CM Punk vs Undertaker...title vs streak at WM29. BUT...there was another rumor of Rock vs Cena 2 for the title. It looks like that is going to happen.

SO...here is a proposal for Punk/Taker setup leading to WM29

**NOTE** This was written before the results of RR

Say CM Punk loses the title tonight and then loses his rematch, either on RAW or Elimiation Chamber.

Punk comes out pissed that he lost his title...yells about how he was setup. But then he brushes it off. He says he has a bigger view of things, he wants a different title. Heyman looks on confused as Punk announces that he wants Underaker's streak! Heyman yells at him and says it's impossible.

After a week or so, Undertaker doesn't answer the challenge. Punk calls him out again at the start of RAW. Heyman spends all of RAW telling him how it's career suicide. Maybe Triple H and Foley speak to him as well, but Punk acts cocky about it (typical heel). All through RAW, Taker plays mind games like he always does, trying to scare Punk. At the end of RAW, Punk says he demands an answer. After a few minutes Punk thinks that Taker is scared, trying to use tricks to make him back down from the challenge. As Punk walks up the ramp, The lights go out, but then the arena turns blue. A lightning bolt strikes the stage blocking the exit With fire. As Punk backs up another bolt strikes the ring as the pryos go off revealing Taker in the middle of it. He accepts Punks challenge. The fire dies and the lights go out. When the come back on Taker is gone. Punk looks scared as RAW goes off.

The weeks leading up to the match, maybe 2, Heyman spends the time trying to change his mind. Punk won't let up and his going to meet Taker in the ring tonight. Later, as Taker stands in the ring, covered like he was with Triple H, The Shield come down and try to attack. They get in the ring and surround as Punk yells for them to leave. The lights go out. As the come back on Shield is layed out...Punk looks on. Heyman leaves Punk. The lights go out again and Heyman is layed out on the ramp. Punk screams for Taker as Raw goes off the air.

At the go-home RAW, Punk is alone...Heyman nowhere to be found. Taker continues the mind games with Punk. Shield run into Punk as he chastises them for interfering last week. Punk goes out to the ring and calls out Taker. Lights go out as the druids bring out a casket. Taker appeas on screen. Blah blah blah R.I.P...the druids lift up the casket and open it to reveal a dummy dressed as Punk. Lightning strikes as it sets on fire. Punk looks on scared. He backs up and runs into Taker in the ring. Taker goes for a chokeslam but Punk reverses it and hits a GTS, leaving Taker laying in the ring.

WM29 - Winner...Undertaker.

Again, this is just a proposal for feud. I'd love to see these two go at it. So what do you think?

Haven't made a thread in awhile, and this has been on my mind.

So there was a rumor floating around that WWE was considering CM Punk vs Undertaker...title vs streak at WM29. BUT...there was another rumor of Rock vs Cena 2 for the title. It looks like that is going to happen.

SO...here is a proposal for Punk/Taker setup leading to WM29

**NOTE** This was written before the results of RR

Say CM Punk loses the title tonight and then loses his rematch, either on RAW or Elimiation Chamber.

Punk comes out pissed that he lost his title...yells about how he was setup. But then he brushes it off. He says he has a bigger view of things, he wants a different title. Heyman looks on confused as Punk announces that he wants Underaker's streak! Heyman yells at him and says it's impossible.

After a week or so, Undertaker doesn't answer the challenge. Punk calls him out again at the start of RAW. Heyman spends all of RAW telling him how it's career suicide. Maybe Triple H and Foley speak to him as well, but Punk acts cocky about it (typical heel). All through RAW, Taker plays mind games like he always does, trying to scare Punk. At the end of RAW, Punk says he demands an answer. After a few minutes Punk thinks that Taker is scared, trying to use tricks to make him back down from the challenge. As Punk walks up the ramp, The lights go out, but then the arena turns blue. A lightning bolt strikes the stage blocking the exit With fire. As Punk backs up another bolt strikes the ring as the pryos go off revealing Taker in the middle of it. He accepts Punks challenge. The fire dies and the lights go out. When the come back on Taker is gone. Punk looks scared as RAW goes off.

The weeks leading up to the match, maybe 2, Heyman spends the time trying to change his mind. Punk won't let up and his going to meet Taker in the ring tonight. Later, as Taker stands in the ring, covered like he was with Triple H, The Shield come down and try to attack. They get in the ring and surround as Punk yells for them to leave. The lights go out. As the come back on Shield is layed out...Punk looks on. Heyman leaves Punk. The lights go out again and Heyman is layed out on the ramp. Punk screams for Taker as Raw goes off the air.

At the go-home RAW, Punk is alone...Heyman nowhere to be found. Taker continues the mind games with Punk. Shield run into Punk as he chastises them for interfering last week. Punk goes out to the ring and calls out Taker. Lights go out as the druids bring out a casket. Taker appeas on screen. Blah blah blah R.I.P...the druids lift up the casket and open it to reveal a dummy dressed as Punk. Lightning strikes as it sets on fire. Punk looks on scared. He backs up and runs into Taker in the ring. Taker goes for a chokeslam but Punk reverses it and hits a GTS, leaving Taker laying in the ring.

WM29 - Winner...Undertaker.

Again, this is just a proposal for feud. I'd love to see these two go at it. So what do you think?

15 years ago your idea would've worked, during the Attitude era, but I doubt it would work nowadays with ehole PG thing going.

It's also been done before, about 15 years ago, remember the aftermath of the Undertaker's match at the 1998 Rumble? Where Taker was put in a casket by Kane, which was then set alight?

It's to the point now with Rock/Cena 2 the likelihood of being surprised by this lazy creative team is nil. I'm done even thinking about angles for the main eventers.
Last night Rhode Scholars should've walked away with the tag belts. Then you get the actual Rumble match and it's evident going into Raw tonight Team Hell No has a major wedge driven between them. Had Rhode Scholars won last night it would've allowed Team Hell No to split and get them working a singles program together leading up to a nice mid card matchup for Mania. It could still happen, I'm thinking Scholars get the belts tonight with Raw Roulette in play.
Now onto what I'm hoping happens at Mania although I doubt it will happen, there have been talks of doing a MITB at Mania. Why not do a tag team MITB for the first time? That would be a sure fire way to legitimize the Tag division.

So here we are one raw away from the RR and it pretty clear that were going to be yet AGAIN seeing a ONCE in a LIFETIME (hahahaah) match between the Rock and Cena while CM Punk takes the backseat for the big trees in the WWE rainforest. In addition Lesnar's return and attacking Vince will cause HHH to return and set up their Mania match as well. While I'm quite disappointed in the lack of creativity in the Rumble and in the WWE in general right now I can see an incredible opportunity to make WM29 the true end of an era and the rightful beginning of a new landscape in the WWE. Which is as follows

Step 1: Punk loses his rematch against The Rock ~ As much as I would rather see Punk as the Champion for several more years i understand that all good things must come to an end and the resulting anger from Punk will cement his heel status like never before. Now a furious Punk goes on a rampage yet again the night after the Chamber and storms off the stage and fires Heyman as his manager. The rest of the evening features short promos of Punk causing mayhem around the locker room and back stage areas culminating in an emotional breakdown all alone in some location ranting about how he will never earn respect now. During this time Raw rolls on and at the end of the night The Undertaker makes his return to Raw. During his return Taker cuts a promo about how he has done all he can in the WWE and their is just no one left to beat him. He declares his intentions to retire and this will be his last night. To this statement however you hear Punk's voice come over the speakers yelling No no no this isn't how your going to leave this isn't the end yet. He informs Taker that their is one person left that has the power to end the streak and that person is the best in the world and he'll prove it by challenging Taker to a Buried Alive Match at Mania. This sets up Undertaker Vs CM Punk at WM29 which will be Takers last match. Punk wins the match, ends the streak, and cements himself as The Best in the World.

Step 2: Return the MITB Ladder Match to WM ~ This angle may seem obvious to some with certain comments made at the RR but here we have the chance to create another mega star in Dolph Ziggler. The Ladder Match takes place as the first match of the night and results in Ziggy winning the match and now has 2 cases, one for the WHC and one for the WWE. Later on in the night Ziggler cashes in on a worn out Del Rio and becomes WHC. Next, Rock and Cena battle it out in a fierce match (possibly no DQ) in which Cena comes out on top but severely worn out. The as cena starts to celebrate the Shield come out and attack him leaving him in the ring as Zigglers music hits and he comes to cash in on Cena (the Shield being hired by AJ) Ziggy cashes, wins and Stands atop the grandest stage of them all as the Undisputed champ and unifies the titles into one, which starts a new era of wrestling with only one main title and no undertaker which allows for new and better development of superstars to come.

I support the idea of a triple threat match with Cena, Rock and Punk, and in Cena's promo on RAW he talked about how these are two guys he has never been able to beat, so putting them both against him would be a good way to stack the odds against Cena. The only thing is that with a triple threat like this, they'd probably have to go with Lesnar vs. Undertaker, but with Lesnar attacking Vince it seems as though we are going to get Lesnar vs. Triple H. So as interesting an option as the triple threat may seem, it will likely be Rock/Cena II for the Title, Lesnar/HHH II, and Punk vs. the Undertaker.

I could see a scenario where at the EC PPV the Rock will defeat Punk to retain the Title, setting up Rock/Cena II. Then Punk will be rattled and want to steal the WrestleMania spotlight from Rock and Cena by making history and ending the streak, so he'll call out the Undertaker. Undertaker and Punk feuding makes sense considering Punk's whole "respect" gimmick. This scenario is decent, but I think that Rock/Cena II doesn't need the Title to be huge, and having Punk vs. Taker, Reign vs. Streak would've added more to that match.

As for the World Heavyweight Championship, I expect that it will put on the line in an Elimination Chamber Match which will ultimately be won by Randy Orton. Dolph Ziggler will then use his MITB to challenge Orton for the title at WrestleMania, kicking off a long-term feud between them. Ziggler is so arrogant I can see him not doing a surprise cash-in and just using the case to set-up a WrestleMania World Title match like this.

Another big match on the card will probably be some kind of 6-man tag-team match with the Shield taking on a team of babyfaces, Sheamus and Ryback likely being two of them. There have been rumors of a Jericho heel turn and match with Ryback but I think that's a bad idea and will just get Ryback heat in their match at WrestleMania, especially since it's in the NY area.

As for the rumored return of the MITB Ladder Match to WrestleMania, it's a double-edged sword. It would probably be an entertaining spotfest, and is an easy way to get a lot of talent on the card, but on the other hand it also promotes lazy booking of midcarders. Throwing young midcarders into MITB is too easy and option, and it is an option that needs to be discouraged. There needs to be actual storylines involving the midcarders if you want them to get over and make it to the next level. With MITB it may seem like you're giving exposure to your midcarders, but it's far better exposure to have them engaged in real feuds, even if it means less people making the main WrestleMania card.

The last match possibility I want to talk about is Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, concluding the Team Hell No storyline. Obviously, these two guys have had tension since day one, and with their subsequent eliminations of one another in the Royal Rumble i think some more fuel was added to the fire. Daniel Bryan is one of the most over guys on the roster, and he will get a huge ovation at WrestleMania 29, walking out an even bigger star.

I'm all for Taker vs Punk at Mania. They are two of the best performers still in the game today who can adapt. Think about it when Punk couldn't beat Morrison for the ECW Title with the Anaconda Vise he decided to add the GTS to his moves. When Taker started to take on guys like Khali, Viscera (oh I mean big daddy V), and mark henry he debuted the Hell's Gate submission hold to his moveset which has added to his arsenal of weapons in the ring. Hell they had a stellar match back at Hell in a Cell a few years ago and despite his age The Undertaker is still in better in ring shape than most wrestler's of his era. It would be match of the year in terms of wrestling and there's so many ways they could build it too. It would make Wrestlemania worth getting and since they'd probably put Cena/ Rock 2 last I could just skip watching that cause I didn't want to see it the first time (even though it marked the first time in a long time that I rooted for John Cena since he went PG SuperCena...)

IMO hhh wont be at mania, he's cut his hair off and is looking all boardroom now however that leaves us with an all together more frightening prospect.....

GOLDBERG VS LESNAR 2 (RYBACK VS LESNAR 1)

who backed Ryback into his first wwe championship match?
VINCE,
who's the person who always calls upon ryback to sort out people that are pissing him off?
VINCE
and who says ryback at every possible opportunity when hes on raw?
VINCE

I sat through goldberg vs lesnar and was in all honesty horrified at what I saw and unfortunatley unless shane decides to throw himself off the titantron again I dnt see there being another direction they'll take lol

Few things I'd like to say about my view on 'Mania

Firstly, without a doubt we will see The Rock (c) vs John Cena. Now there is a very, very, very minute chance that Punk could possibly be added but that is so far out of possible it's not funny. So with that said it looks as if WWE want to again go for the 'Triple Mainevent' type scenario again. Last year we had Rock/Cena I, Punk/Jericho and Taker/HHH. This year looks likely to be Rock/Cena II, Lesnar/HHH, Punk/Taker.

Now I'm someone who actually doesn't mind part-timers like Rock, Lesnar, Triple H and Taker on the 'Mania card because, lets face it these guys are huge draws, are extremely popular/over and generally (especially at 'Mania) put on entertaining matches - be it through just the atmosphere and intensity of the match instead of actual in-ring wrestling.
However, I do believe that 4 of the top 6 spots on the card for part-timers is probably 1 too many. This is because I believe that having Rock/Cena + Lesnar + Taker on the card is enough to rake 1mil plus buys with ease!
What better way to showcase the younger talent, the guys who are pushing to be near the level of Cena or even Punk than to load the card with them when millions are tuning in to watch Rock, Cena, Punk, Lesnar and Taker.

So, the WrestleMania situation that I have come up with, I believe is still one that would maximise buys, minimise the amount of 'part-time' talent as well as maximise the level of up-and-coming talent.

First off: Insert CM Punk into the WWE Championship match:
It's a tough decision because as of right now, as much as many people are against it, Cena vs The Rock is set up near perfectly. Punk is also likely to face Undertaker at WrestleMania, an accolade almost more prestigious than retaining the title at 'Mania last year.
But I still think Triple Threat works! Let's look at all angles - The Rock is the man who won the 'Once in a Lifetime' Match at WrestleMania 28, he pinned John Cena, clean. He has now returned and won the WWE Championship and is the top dog. He has personal vendettas against both Punk and Cena. Cena and Punk have unfinished business with The Rock. Cena needs to avenge his WrestleMania 28 loss and he has taken the first step in doing so by winning the Royal Rumble. CM Punk has been on top of the mountain, the #1 guy, in the WWE for the past 14 months. His most prized position was taken from him by The Rock and he wants it back. Punk can also argue that he beat John Cena 4 times last year and that Cena's avenue to the title is no where near as impressive or deserving as his.
The Rock's character says that he would never disrespect the WWE title by shying away from a triple threat match. He could also say that he would love nothing more then beating Punk and Cena's candy asses at 'Mania once and for all.
Cena's character says that he never backs down from a fight.
Punk's character says that he is the Best in the World and can beat anyone.
In my opinion, this works. As well as Cena/Rock is set up for this year, I just think it lacks that something extra, something to set it apart from last year. The WWE Championship stipulation is a start, but I think CM Punk is the missing piece.

Secondly: Book Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar and Triple H does not fight
Triple H has done so much in his career, another match at WrestleMania, at least this year, is probably something that isn't really needed. He's a business man now. He's cut his hair he's started calling some of the shots, he's still as important as ever and doesn't need to get in the ring. This may seem contradictory because I've suggested Undertaker compete on the card. But the thing that sets Undertaker apart is the Streak. Triple H had his big match against Lesnar at Summerslam and now it's time for Lesnar to move onto something else.
I just think that Lesnar vs Undertaker at WrestleMania, be it a 1-on-1 match or any other stipulation, is something that will be edged in history. Lesnar is another huge name Taker can add to the list and I have no doubt that these 2 would put on an incredible bout. Hell, if need be add Triple H and Vince McMahon in Taker's corner with Heyman in Lesnar's. Throw in a Shield interference or any other similar idea that could make people believe for a split second that The Streak could end and this match is a money maker.

So now, you've got a monumental Double-Mainevent, one in which we will never see again and one that certainly lives up to last years. Let's move on to the next part.

Bring back Money in the Bank:
I would love for Money in the Bank to return to 'Mania. I think the match is just so exciting and entertaining and is always a potential show-stealer. In my opinion, Money In The Bank PPV needs to go and they should go back to 1 briefcase.
If it's done though, it needs to be done properly. At no stage should a former World Champion compete in the match, it should be saved for younger or middle-card talent ready for that next level push.
The group of wrestlers I'd chose from consists of: Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, R-Truth, Ryback, Zack Ryder, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and Drew McIntyre.
Now I wouldn't have all those guys in there because some could be better used in other matches but I think thats a great core group.

Rest of the Undercard:
1. Kane vs Daniel Bryan must happen - I don't care who wins but these two need a match to end Team Hell No. They've run a great course but it's time to drop the belts and move on back into singles competition, which is where they'll be needed once Lesnar, Rock and Taker are gone.

2. Mid-Card Champions must defend their title on the card if they aren't already in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Personally, I'd like to see Cesaro drop the strap to someone like Christian or even Jack Swagger and move on up to the Upper-Mid Card and possibly a match at WrestleMania with Orton or Sheamus.

3. Keep the World Title on Del Rio - His face turn has worked better than nearly any in recent memory so I think WWE needs to ride his popularity and continue the reign. I'd love to see Randy Orton turn heel, win the Elimination Chamber and face Del Rio at WrestleMania. Never thought I'd say I want to see Del Rio/Orton at 'Mania, but if both can go through a character change, than I think this makes for an entertaining feud before the inevitable Dolph Ziggler cash-in.

4.Dolph vs Jericho - Now when I say this I'm referring to the fact that I believe Jericho will return full-time now. I don't believe he's a part-timer, or at least not on the level of Rock, Lesnar and Taker.
Anyway, this is another feud with unfinished business. Dolph forced Jericho to quit the business he loved. Dolph cost Jericho at the Royal Rumble. It's set up perfectly for these two to hit it out at 'Mania. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jericho victory because then I'd like to see Dolph 'win' the feud by beating Jericho for the briefcase in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules - this would then allow Dolph to catapult to the World Championship. You could then set up a Fatal-4-Way at OTL but that's way down the line.
The point is Jericho will inevitably put Ziggler over, the question is whether or not it should be 'Mania. I'd love for Dolph to win but I see more long-term gain from a Jericho victory and a pro-longed feud.

5. Finally (apart from the Divas), put the Tag Team Championships on the line.
I think Mysterio and Sin Cara should take the belts of Hell No. 1. Because I think it benefits Sin Cara and 2. Because they're still very popular. I'd like to see their feud with the Prime Time Players re-ignite because I believe Young and Titus have so much potential. I wouldn't mind seeing 3MB, The Shield or even Uso's being thrown in to make the match more entertaining. But I want to see Prime Time Players victorious. At the end of the day, if WWE are serious about revitalising the Tag Team Division, than they should be on the WrestleMania card. Ask yourself this, who were the Tag Champs at WrestleMania last year? I bet only a few people would know without looking it up.

So finally, my dream WrestleMania 29 card looks like this: (In order of importance on the card - aka #1 means most important therefore the mainevent)

WWE Championship: Triple Threat Match: The Rock (c) vs John Cena vs CM Punk

No Disqualifications Match: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Randy Orton

Singles Match: Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho

WWE United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs Sheamus

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ryback vs Cody Rhodes vs Wade Barrett vs Kofi Kingston vs R-Truth vs Damien Sandow vs Zack Ryder vs Ted DiBiase

Singles Match: Kane vs Daniel Bryan

WWE Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara (c) vs Prime Time Players

Plus a Divas contest as well. I realise that guys like Miz and Big Show aren't involved in the show and there are a few exceptions. Miz could possibly be inserted into the Money in the Bank match as much as I don't like it. Big Show could face Sheamus and Cesaro could also be inserted into MitB.

Or Miz could just host a WrestleMania MizTV or something along those lines.

Anyway, hope you guys read and would love some opinions!

/mega post

I really hope there are not too many rematches. I do worry that Triple H might be fitting WrestleMania around his own ego somewhat too. I think the majority want to see Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar and a triple threat title match between The Rock, John Cena and CM Punk but the only thing stopping it is Triple H seemingly having to be involved on the card. I fear he is always putting himself in there for the sake of it, would rather see WrestleMania quality over quantity.

P.S. Bring back the recap videos at the end of WrestleMania! Why did they stop doing them!?

I can't find exactly where I posted this before but I posted a scenario a few months ago regarding Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent. It must have been around post-Summerslam time when rumors of HHH/Lesnar II were swirling around for the big event in April. We've seen this already and we don't need to see it again.

Anyway, back to my proposed story, let's do the math. After this Monday's RAW, it appears that Triple H will return to action to defend his family against Brock Lesnar, setting up HHH/Lesnar II at WM 29 as we all expected in August. Meanwhile, reports have been rampant about a CM Punk/Undertaker match for the PPV as well. If Undertaker is as banged up as they say he is and can't wrestle a one on one match, why not make a tag team match?

Brock Lesnar and CM Punk are both Heyman guys. Triple H and Undertaker, after last years brutal Hell in a Cell Match, have even more respect for each other and could tag up. Why should we see a rematch of Triple H and Lesnar when we can see Lesnar take on Undertaker as well? It will ease up some of the stress on Taker's body so he doesn't have to do so much work in the ring and we can still get a high profile match out of four huge superstars.

Here is how I would book it: Triple H comes out on RAW saying that he has been named Mr. McMahon's replacement until he gets back on his feet. Reacting to last week's shenanigans, he calls out Brock Lesnar. Lesnar comes out, they exchange words, Lesnar challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania. HHH says that his life as a wrestler is over and its all corporate now for him, kind of like his response to Taker last year. Over the course of the next month and a half or so, Lesnar and Paul Heyman play mind games with Triple H, maybe even kidnaps Stephanie or something like that. goading him into accepting his challenge...but not alone. To quote the Cerebral Assassin himself, the WWE Universe has "not seen the last of the Undertaker." This leads to a proposed tag team match in Triple H and the Undertaker vs. Lesnar and...Paul Heyman. Lesnar gladly accepts but Heyman is freaking out...

Meanwhile, Elimination Chamber rolls around and CM Punk fails to regain his WWE Championship from The Rock which sets up Rock/Cena II for WM 29. Left without a feud, CM Punk joins Lesnar in his crusade against not only WWE corporate (Triple H) but the eternal symbol of the WWE (the Undertaker). The week after Lesnar accepts Triple H and Undertaker's challenge for Wrestlemania, Heyman announces that due to "medical issues" he will have to pull out of the match but announces his replacement in his other client, CM Punk.

It may not turn out this way but I think a tag team match would be a good one to have at Wrestlemania. It would give Triple H his redemption on Lesnar (giving both men something to do) and it would allow CM Punk to have his match against the Undertaker (even though Taker is as banged up as he is).

Imagine this, Rock returns next mania season, comes our running his mouth about how he's achieved all there is to do in this business. Says he's beaten everyone Austin, HHH, HBK, Cena, Punk the list goes on, and then all of as sudden we hear the infamous gong and out comes The Undertaker who tells him that there is still a feat nobody has yet achieved... Breaking his undefeated streak.

Your thoughts and comments on how this could go down and whether good or bad!

I would love this match. With so many part timers and legends, in some cases I feel it would be better to just have them face each other. The Rock has already defeated the WWE's top two stars. And while I would actually like to see him have a couple of more matches with current stars, Randy Orton the first one that comes to mind, I'm pretty tired of him beating them all. Sure the "I've done it all and I've beat em all" angle has been done to death... but it fits The Rock. He doesn't even have to be heel. The Rock HAS done it all. A show down with Taker at WrestleMania 30 would be epic! I don't like looking too far ahead or sounding marky, but I have a STRONG feeling that WrestleMania 30 will feature John Cena vs Ryback for the WWE Title, and the long awaited CM Punk vs Stone Cold match. Adding this to the marque would tremendous!

It would be a good way for The Rock to take a final bow out of the WWE and focus on the movie career we all know he wants.

Rock could say "If I don't end you streak, i'm gone and i'm never coming back"

Look, we all know The Rock wants to focus on a film career, he never had to come back and do these past could of Mania seasons.

Some say Rock did it for Rock, which may be half way true. But he's had a relativity successful film career so far, so I think he was saying thank you to the people for being behind him those years.

This could be the last match of both mens career.

It would be a good way for The Rock to take a final bow out of the WWE and focus on the movie career we all know he wants.

Rock could say "If I don't end you streak, i'm gone and i'm never coming back"

Look, we all know The Rock wants to focus on a film career, he never had to come back and do these past could of Mania seasons.

Some say Rock did it for Rock, which may be half way true. But he's had a relativity successful film career so far, so I think he was saying thank you to the people for being behind him those years.

This could be the last match of both mens career.

I believe The Rock when he says he came back as a "thank you" to the fans. And that he really wanted to do it. Sure he's probably getting paid more than anyone ever, but when you look at the PPV buys and the RAW ratings.. you can't really argue. But the semi-regular schedule can only last so long, especially now that he has legitimately become a leading man in Hollywood. If we get him until WrestleMania 30, I'll be happy. And at that point, I'd only wanna see him challenge the streak, or something involving Stone Cold.

No ... even during the Attitude Era Rock and Undertaker never had anything better than a good match. Normally they were pretty average. I remember their KOTR 1999 match and that match just bored me. Heck I dare even say Rock and Kane had much better chemistry than Rock and Taker.

Plus I totally expect WM29 will be Undertaker's final match. Considering he has a total match of zero matches since WM28 and he may be too injured to perform now shows how banged up he is.

If you want a one time super big time match with The Rock ... two options are The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels or The Rock vs. String (if they can even get him). Otherwise other great Rock matches include someone like a Heel Randy Orton.

No! Brock Is The Biggest, threat Thats left.
An Unstoppable Ass Kicking Machine, so Im Hoping Punk This year:)

Yes, it would be an interesting match-up, but I foresee two areas of concern:

Undertaker's health: We've batted this issue around constantly on this forum. How bad is his body at this point? Does he actually know he can't go this year? What about next year? Does he even want to get in the ring anymore? If WWE wasn't enticing him with a boatload of money, would he even bother with all this? Does he care about the streak, his legacy....and the desire to let fans see him one more time? No one knows, outside of Mark Callaway and WWE.......and I'm not sure about the latter.

The "outsider" effect: I'm not talking about Hogan, Nash & Hall. But the Rock and Undertaker already qualify as guys who aren't regular WWE performers anymore. We might think Rock is still a part because he's on our TV screens a lot this time of year, but if you consider the number of times we've seen him in the course of the last 365 days, we're reminded he's just a hired gun brought in to perform a few dates with an eye toward Wrestlemania.

That's fine, but I don't know that I'd be as excited by his appearance if it were to come against another outsider. As with Rock, we might not think of Undertaker as an outsider, but consider this: If he skips WM29 and aims for the one in April 2014, it will have been two years since we last saw him in the ring. I don't know about you, but I believe that qualifies him as an outsider.....it's a mighty long time to be out of our thoughts.

That's what it comes down to. With all the hard work the regular performers put in every year, I'm just not sure how attractive a match-up of two rarely seen old timers would be when the time finally rolls around. Sure, there'd be some nostalgia interest but the dynamics are much greater when an old hand comes in to wrestle one of the current crop of superstars.

I think it is definitely an angle they could do. The Rock is confirmed for the first RAW after Wrestlemania so I'm sure he'll come out and give Cena credit for beating him and talk about how it was a great run, and he promised to come back and win the belt and he did and yada yada yada. Then, I agree with the OP, he can say the only thing left to do is beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and he will be the greatest wrestler in history. He can also say that it will be his final match and then later during the hype, Undertaker can say it's his final match. I could definitely see WWE building this with a year long build/hype.
Also, Rock will likely be inducted into the Hall of Fame prior to WM 30 so that will make the hype even bigger.

The things I see holding this up are:

1) WWE wants Undertaker vs. Cena at WM. I don't see how they can let Taker retire before this match happens. Taker probably has two manias (at most) left: This year and next year. Undertaker vs. Cena might be even bigger than Rock vs. Undertaker.

2) Taker's health: Can he for sure commit to a match that they would be hyping for a year? How would WWE save face if Taker couldn't wrestle the match after they hyped it for so long?

3) Would WWE want Rock to go out a loser? Sure plenty of people before him have but if WM 30 is his final in ring appearance as a wrestler (which I believe it will be), will they want him to go out with two WM losses in a row? WM29 and WM 30?

Why is everyone so quick to think that its his health that is causing him not to be in the ring more. Undertaker is a guy that has literally done it all and has no real reason to come back for more than just wrestlemania. That really is the only thing that is keeping him around is the trademark of his streak. And I have said this before if anyone should break the streak its someone from the attitude era. And I know its unlikely but who is to say the Rock doesn't win at WrestleMania and leave the title vacant after, which has not been done in a really long time and I think that would be a great way to introduce a new WWE title belt. Not only that but it provides a new way of chasing the belt and see what some of the younger talent have as they chase the title.

Would this match be all that great? Sure everyone wants to see it and its easy to promote but in terms of quality it wouldn't be incredible. Taker a year older and the Rock would be going into WM30 with only a few matches in the previous year. I'm sure it would be very good but they would find it very difficult to surpass the last 4 taker matches.

I feel there are better options which hold more legitimate threat to the streak. Few people actually think that the streak could ever end but it can if the WWE want it to and The Rock would never be the person to end it. Guys like Cena, Punk, Wade Barrett, Sheamus hold a greater threat to the streak in the eyes of many and would all be able to put on great matches with Taker. Moreover, it would be a waste two use Taker and The Rock in the same match. Both guys used in different matches would bring higher buyrates.

We must figure Factors going into next year WM30. First of all wow wm30 i remember wm1 thats how old i am of course i was like 9 at the time but still i remember it.

Undertaker this year is gonna be 48 years old. A very very old 48. Since wm28 he has had the same amount of matches i have had zero. What Taker has done for the business he has sacrificed his health and really i dont think he can make it to wm30. Takers health is beat up to the point of him having maybe one match a year which he has earned the right for that. Not the rock is no spring chicken himself but a young 41 year old who is jacked as all hell. The rock is a successful movie actor and people just love him.

Being out of the ring for this amount of time has saved rocks body. Movies are definitely a safer haven for him than wrestling is. While i would mark out to see these two great athletes go at it i dont see it happening due to takers age and health!

I know this match would sell like crazy, but I'm very skeptical of how good it would actually be. I didn't get to see the Rumble, but I know at WM28 The Rock was sucking wind not very long into the match. With both guys being up there in years, I just imagine it would be a very slow-paced match with a few high spots scattered here and there. For the sake of entertainment, yes we'd all want to see it. For wrestling purists, I think Taker should leave while the fans still want more instead of hanging around way too long like Hogan and Flair.

Call it just another internet rumor, but I read that Taker actually wants Punk to end the streak this year so that he can call it a career. While I'll believe it when I see it, I also have to say there's no better way for Punk to be considered the "best in the world" again after having his 434-day title reign ended than by handing arguably the WWE's best superstar of all-time his first and only loss at WrestleMania.

It would be nothing short of epic when you go clear back to WM7 and look at all of Taker's opponents who couldn't get the job done. I think most people have a piece of them that wants the streak to never be broken, but also a piece that wants to see it happen because this would be one of the all-time most shocking moments in WWE history. I know Vince would be very hesitant to allow this, but if your most loyal guy of the past 20+ years asks for this, I think you should grant him the request.

I know this match would sell like crazy, but I'm very skeptical of how good it would actually be. I didn't get to see the Rumble, but I know at WM28 The Rock was sucking wind not very long into the match. With both guys being up there in years, I just imagine it would be a very slow-paced match with a few high spots scattered here and there. For the sake of entertainment, yes we'd all want to see it. For wrestling purists, I think Taker should leave while the fans still want more instead of hanging around way too long like Hogan and Flair.

Call it just another internet rumor, but I read that Taker actually wants Punk to end the streak this year so that he can call it a career. While I'll believe it when I see it, I also have to say there's no better way for Punk to be considered the "best in the world" again after having his 434-day title reign ended than by handing arguably the WWE's best superstar of all-time his first and only loss at WrestleMania.

It would be nothing short of epic when you go clear back to WM7 and look at all of Taker's opponents who couldn't get the job done. I think most people have a piece of them that wants the streak to never be broken, but also a piece that wants to see it happen because this would be one of the all-time most shocking moments in WWE history. I know Vince would be very hesitant to allow this, but if your most loyal guy of the past 20+ years asks for this, I think you should grant him the request.

Why would Undertaker want CM Punk to end the streak? I could see him wanting HBK or even Trips (a guy he doesn't get along with) to end it but why Punk? I think that rumor was started by Punk marks for sure. The streak will never end or else it was pointless to do it in the first place. WWE can market the hell out of 21-0 (or whatever it ends up being) in terms of selling shirts, DVDs, books, etc. 20-1 doesn't sell.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth. As for Triple H or Shawn ending it though? That makes no sense whatsoever. Shawn has had 2 shots at him already and is now retired. Triple H, 3 shots and semi-retired. If Taker was going to let someone end the streak, it would obviously be to someone that he felt was the future of the company. A passing of the torch.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth. As for Triple H or Shawn ending it though? That makes no sense whatsoever. Shawn has had 2 shots at him already and is now retired. Triple H, 3 shots and semi-retired. If Taker was going to let someone end the streak, it would obviously be to someone that he felt was the future of the company. A passing of the torch.

what I was saying is that if he was going to "let" or "ask" for anyone to break the streak it would have been a legendary wrestler like HBK, Trips, etc. Both fought him multiple times and couldn't beat him but now suddenly CM Punk is going to beat him? LMAO! Sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back