All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I want it to be likely won't be what happens. I would love to see Stone Cold and CM Punk. But I think it will end up being Lesnar and Undertaker.

Honestly, I think they should do both. In my opinion, one match doesn't overshadow the other. Stone Cold and Punk both have mainstream appeal and Lesnar will have a strong following from his MMA days.

The least likely scenario I want is HHH/HBK. As much as HHH fans love him, he simply doesn't have the mainstream drawing power SC, Lesnar or Punk has. Same for HBK.

Im gonna have to do a write in and say Brock Vs HHH. I dont think they faced off one on one before and could be a great rivalry.

They have faced in a one-on-one match before. May want to do some research there, chief, people want to see Taker/Brock badly, they want to see it because of real life animosity between the two and their stare down at a UFC event over a year ago. And then you got HBK/HHH to take into the equation, which is basically already down on paper.

I'm guessing it will be HHH vs HBK in a Retirement match. too much build this year for it not to happen, unless they Screwjob end the streak, then fuck watching it next year.

If i could pick mind, Punk (heel) vs Austin, unless 30 is in Texas, then wait for it, as that Shattered glass Pop would be utterly deafening. And noone, and i mean NOONE would get cheered vs Austin in either NY/NJ (smarky town) or Texas (Austin could pull a benoit and still get cheers from Texas) so punk anything but heel would be pointless.

No Angle mind, Please...

I would love to see Undertaker V Lesner but its not going to happen.

I have seen many many wrestlers say to make the best match possible the two stars need to like each other, need to get along and work together. Now while Brock and The Undertaker would ofc be professional and put on one hell of a show, there would always be a doubt in both their minds.

Brock is a beast, big, powerful, just like a tank. He hits Taker and its all over. No one will ever thing Taker could take a hit from Brock, and what is he does hit him a bit too hard? What will Taker do then? Think it is due to The Stare Down and try to retaliate going into an all out brawl? Thats not wrestling.

Saying that, HHH HBK would be exactly that! Two great stars, both past their prime but still able to put an amazing show on and both like each other. I honestly think this is going to be it. One way or another HBK is going to screw the ending of tonights HIAC match. He will either screw over HHH who will then call him out on RAW or screw over The Undertaker and HHH will still call him out on RAW accusing him of thinking he could not beat The Undertaker.

They have faced in a one-on-one match before. May want to do some research there, chief, people want to see Taker/Brock badly, they want to see it because of real life animosity between the two and their stare down at a UFC event over a year ago. And then you got HBK/HHH to take into the equation, which is basically already down on paper.

Actually I did do my research and they never faced each other one on one. There was a triple threat with HHH Lesnar and the Rock. I dare you to prove me otherwise. Provide me the date that it happened and I will admit I was wrong.

I enjoyed the Taker/HHH match tonight, and I'm glad Taker got the win. More than the last few WMs I really thought HHH might win after the super kick from HBK. I hope the streak stays intact and he continues to show up for WM, but I'm afraid any other possible last match won't be as good as the match tonight.

if the rumors are true about Brock Lesnar siging for a year this is how I see things panning out at Summerslam it will be The Rock vs Brock Lesnar becuase its been 10 years since they last met each other in the ring and it will be the selling point for the PPV, then at Wrestlemania 29 This is what im hopeing for and can see Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker in takers last match and The Rock vs John Cena II because all year the loast to Rock will eat up Cena and were proberly get a more aggressive Cena all year I really doubt WWE will use Stone Cold vs CM Punk next year and save it for the big one at Wrestlemania 30 because it gives CM Punk 2 years as being the man in the WWE before he faces the man of the Attitude Era

So what do you guys think?

1. Brock Lesnar isn't signing full-time, I guarantee you that. They're not going to put two part-timers in a headlining match. That would be ******ed.

2. Brock Lesnar isn't going to be the one to end Taker's streak. That would also be ******ed. He was in the WWE for like 20 minutes, and didn't reach anywhere near the star power of the main event forces of his era.

If the rumors are true, then you are heavily relying on your ideals.

I agree with Rock vs brock being a bad idea for the most part. Although if it does happen, put it at Summerslam.

Rock vs Cena II almost has to happen, if not at 29, then at 30.

Brock ending Taker's streak is a bad idea, Brock losing to Taker, not so bad.

I hope Brock did sign, pretty sure he did at this point but I won't believe it until he's on my TV.

Firstly I don't want to see anybody to face Undertaker now as the streak is never going to end and after the match at Wrestlemania 28 I have lost all intrest in the streak. I don't care about the streak now.

If HHH, HBK, Ric Flair can't end it nobody can. Nobody deserves to end the streak now.

Firstly I don't want to see anybody to face Undertaker now as the streak is never going to end and after the match at Wrestlemania 28 I have lost all intrest in the streak. I don't care about the streak now.

If HHH, HBK, Ric Flair can't end it nobody can. Nobody deserves to end the streak now.
I don't agree with that. Flair owes like 20K a month in child support, so fuck him for being a dick who still acts like a 17 year old with mom and dads money. HBK is a talented mofo but still seems like a douche backstage. HHH tried to leach off everyone throughout his career. Talented no doubt, but really, just in this last year he's leached of Punk's success and now made Taker's streak into a Kliq circle jerk.

I would hate Lesnar being Taker, because I don't believe he loves wrestling. I don't think the streak should be broken. Taker beating Lessie would be great. The trick is making it seem like someone could break it, which Lessie is believable.

beating

I have not posted for a LONG time but this post brought me back, so i guess to a point i give you kudos for that. All that being said, you've got to be F*CKING kidding me. this is a TERRIBLE idea. nothing about it makes sense, and nothing about it seems entertaining. why waste another year for the crock and cena, especially if Lesnar is coming back? the wwe can capitalise on his mma retirement now as opposed to then so it only makes sense for lesnar to make his presence felt and not saved. The Rock has lost steam imo, which has been exposed by pro cena crowds on raw but saved by wrestlemania being in miami, crock's "home base." i don't think that it would be wise for wwe to continue the crock v. cena feud to next wrestlemania or even summerslam frankly. now that the match has happened there is no reason to further extend it. fresh is the current taste in, not only wrestling but, entertainment. forget the undertaker forget the crock, brock lesnar needs to be the focus of next wrestlemania, but not against crock or taker but a new face.

I have not posted for a LONG time but this post brought me back, so i guess to a point i give you kudos for that. All that being said, you've got to be F*CKING kidding me. this is a TERRIBLE idea. nothing about it makes sense, and nothing about it seems entertaining. why waste another year for the crock and cena, especially if Lesnar is coming back? the wwe can capitalise on his mma retirement now as opposed to then so it only makes sense for lesnar to make his presence felt and not saved. The Rock has lost steam imo, which has been exposed by pro cena crowds on raw but saved by wrestlemania being in miami, crock's "home base." i don't think that it would be wise for wwe to continue the crock v. cena feud to next wrestlemania or even summerslam frankly. now that the match has happened there is no reason to further extend it. fresh is the current taste in, not only wrestling but, entertainment. forget the undertaker forget the crock, brock lesnar needs to be the focus of next wrestlemania, but not against crock or taker but a new face.

At the same time though, you can't completely overhaul things all the time. Lesnar vs Punk? Yea that sounds pretty awesome. Lesnar vs seth Rollins, not so much.

Matches need an epic feel. Lessie vs Cena could work. Lessie vs Punk could work. Don't want Rock (or as you more aptly put it Crock) vs Lessie though, two part timers who don't truly love wrestling? Count me out.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3810770 said:
1. Brock Lesnar isn't signing full-time, I guarantee you that. They're not going to put two part-timers in a headlining match. That would be ******ed.

2. Brock Lesnar isn't going to be the one to end Taker's streak. That would also be ******ed. He was in the WWE for like 20 minutes, and didn't reach anywhere near the star power of the main event forces of his era.

If the rumors are true, then you are heavily relying on your ideals.

I never said Brock would end the streak the streak will never end, all I said was Brock vs Taker will be the deadmans last match, he will proberly retire after that but thinking about it he will proberly retire at Wrestlemania 30 so Ill take back that it would be takers last match,

and enougher thing The Rock said that at Summerslam will be the biggest rematch in history so if WWE dont do Cena/Rock best of 3 series then it will be Brock vs Rock

And I didnt say that brock had signed for a full year I said if the rumors are true that Brock has signed for a full year which could mean a certain amount of appearances he must do . through out the year just like the rock who had to sign a contract for a certain amount of appearance to build his match with Cena

Definitely expecting either a WM29 or Summerslam rematch, taking into consideration what happens on tonight's RAW with rumors of either a Batista or Lesnar return. Also a possible title run in the lead up to the next 'Mania is possible, feuding with ADR or CM Punk or Y2J wouldn't surprise me. Undertaker is not ruled out for WM29 as a feud with Cena would be much anticipated.

As for taker, shawn and hunter, i am expecting some sort of feud between HHH and HBK and taker will either announce retirement of feud with Cena or even Kane, Rock or Lesnar.

Let's see what happens tonight before we make any real predictions! Thoughts?

Hang on How many people was Screaming for Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker for this years Wrestlemania? how many people was screaming for the Rock vs Cena for 8 years but when Rock returns and they make the match people do nufin but bitch about it and say nah it should this or this or this my god Crock are you a tool? I bet you was marking out when Rock returned and I bet you was one of those guys who have spent the last 10 years saying that the Attitude Era pisses on this Era and the Rock is God and so forth and now he returned you've jumped on the band wagon of the rocks a sell out rocks a part time guy his shit,he doesnt love the buisness and so on

and I find you funny because your saying build next years Wrestlemania's around Brock Lesnar but I bet your be the first person to bash him when WWE make a storyline on how brock doesnt love the sport, his here for the money, he couldnt handle the outside world so thats why his back

so im going to remember your name and I bet throughout the year your be on here bashing Brock Lesnar! and enougher thing who has enough star power to face Brock Lesnar and make you think he has a chance of beating him CM Punk technically yes but believable NO, size different is to much and Punk hasnt been over long enough to make in believable,

Hands-down, the BEST match of the show! They told one hell of a story in that cell and to the people who are questioning why it was in a cell, they've lost the whole point of the cell. The point was for the competitors to be locked in an inescapable cage to fight until there is a winner. That's exactly what happened.

Back in the day when Foley and Taker would get out, it totally negated the idea of a locked cage and made the whole concept silly. Plus, WWE regulations (and probably event liability insurance) prevent them from going on top of the cell anymore after what happened to Foley when the welds broke, so what would be the point of leaving the cell?

It was an amazing match and I get the impression it was the Undertaker's last. Michaels hugging him and talking to him the way he did made it clear, as did seeing the Undertaker wipe tears away after the match. He knew that was the end and he went out on a hell of a note...

That match exceeded my expectations. I thought somehow someone was gonna get screwed. Post match was really awesome. There's a lot that can be said about that. There was no story at that point. A lot of respect... Taker's streak will live on... Its weird... I've always wanted to see that streak go down (just because.... no reason really) but last night I felt myself pulling for him the whole match.... gotta love it.

I have a pretty simple question that I would be interested to hear people's opinions on.

One of the main things that made WM28 successful was the full year build to Rock/Cena. This really only worked because they started the build on the Road to WM27.

But all things being equal - should the WWE try to announce the main event of WM29 soon and make the long build a tradition --OR-- let this year's build be something that was, stealing the catchphrase, "Once in a Lifetime?"

I could see benefits to both, but was wondering what people's thoughts are?

Hopefully it's a one-shot deal. To tell you the truth, I was bored stiff for the last month. It felt like Rock and Cena were simply repeating the same things over and over again, because they ran out of insults.

I disagree entirely that only worked because of the build. I would say that it worked in SPITE of the length of the build. When it builds for that long, people get tired of hearing about it. The hype that gets added and added eventually gets to the point where the match could never live up to it.

I hope its a one, maybe 2 shot deal depending on the match itself but I think its a bad idea to do that every year and ultimately can take away from the match. Last year it was different because it was Cena vs. The Rock, you aren't gonna get that opportunity every year for a match like that.

Overall there is 3 reasons why they shouldn't in my opinion:

1) A year is a long time and what if someone gets injured and you have to make a quick change, or someone decides to leave. Imagine if they booked Lesnar for the main event of WM20 a year out, how well would that have gone over?

2) You don't know who is gonna be at the top of the ladder a year away. CM Punk is a good example of this. Same with Rock vs. Austin at WM15, they knew Austin was gonna be there but they didn't know about The Rock at the time. It's best to play it by year because of this because if lets say in August someone surprises everyone and becomes huge you want to use them for the biggest possible match you can, that way you can get the best possible match for the Main Event. Cena vs. Rock is a safe bet a year out, no questioning how big both guys are, its not happening every year though.

3) Its easy to lose steam for a match a year out. Rock and Cena picked it up in the last month but most of the time it just seemed like they were killing time before the match. It was hard to get into what Cena was doing throughout the year because of this, you knew that year was killing time until he fought The Rock. Cena had a one month stretch of interest before EC and that was mostly because of CM Punks memorable promo, the rest of the time you didn't care what he was doing because you are just waiting until he feuds with The Rock again.

Cena vs. The Rock was an exception but it shouldn't be the rule. Booking a match a year out has many risks involved and shouldn't be done unless its gonna be a guarantee draw like Cena/Rock (like lets say if they booked Austin vs. Hogan 10 years ago a year away).

I like the one year build if done right

I'm a big fan of movies and comic books and it I like the slow build and the foreshadowing it's an art. I always wondered why in wrestling they never started building right after Wrestlemania for the next. But if you go that route, it has be crafted well. I think with last year's situation the one year build was neccessary just the way everything happened. Rock Cena at WM28 was the neccessary next step.

One thing that I didn't like about the build off the past year was it seemed that as soon at it became Fall a lot of stories kind of died down and all the stock was put in John Cena vs The Rock. The company was banking on Rock Cena so much that a lot of the undercard felt flat last night. To the WWE's defense I hear there were plans for Mysterio vs Sin Cara and Edge vs Christian last night that fell through for unfortunate reasons but they knew that months ahead, pick it up and make a good story.

Forget about Rock and Cena for a second. Let's say any two major stars that they want to build towards a main event at Wrestlemania. I would say craft it well, make it interesting all the way through. There can be different chapters and feuds with other people, but they do it well it can all lead to a Mania clash that will make sense and be satisfying and make people say wow, that was an excellent 1 year ride.

It worked well in this instance because The Rock is a superstar and doesn't work a full-time schedule. It would probably work for someone like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, or Steve Austin as well since they are all in the same boat (Brock Lesnar and Batista might fit here too). As long as one of these types of guys are involved, I think it can be effective.

For regular performers I'm not sure it would work as well. If tonight on Raw they announced that next year's main event would be CM Punk versus Randy Orton... well... uh... aren't we going to see those guys headlining every other pay-per-view throughout the year? It wouldn't have nearly the excitement.

Further, how do you book a year in advance if you've got two guys co-inhabiting a roster? If there's one thing the WWE isn't very good at, it's building storylines slowly and carefully. That's what it would take to have CM Punk and Randy Orton (to continue this example) in the same building every night for a year knowing they'll be headlining WM as opponents without it getting stale. As much as people dislike The Rock for not being around, it was his absence that ultimately made the Rock/Cena match so intriguing. However, if you look at the last month of Raw where both guys appeared, after two or three shows the act was growing tired -- the same back and forth smack talk every week. Now imagine if they strung that out for a year.

there's more money in a year long build up, but both guys have to show up in the ring, and that was only the case with cena last night

I hope a one year build never happens again! wwe for the past 12 months felt like a giant Naruto filler fest which made every feud going on between WM27 and WM28 look pointless. Also, because wwe decided to book the match 1 year in advance roughly half of the roster got depushed into low carders who only wrestle on NXT and Superstars and if they're luck to be on tv it'll only be to job or make an obscure cameo appearance. Now that Wrestlemania 28 has come and gone I feel relieved and that wwe can and should FINALLY move forward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back