All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cody Rhodes doesn't have any history with The Undertaker. Ted Dibiase does..seeing as it was his dad who introduced The Undertaker in the first place so it could be a we gave birth to it we will kill it storyline. I agree he doesn't sell well at all right now and Rhodes as found his feet a lot faster (especially with this new gimmick) but anything could happen in a year and that why I said he would need some sort of big push for this match to even begin to work on a credibility level. It would make more sense to hold it at Survivor Series I guess.
that's not really history, at least nothing to make a feud over. It's kind of poetic, but if the match and feud suck (which it would because Ted is the definition of mediocre) then you shouldn't do it.

I'm sure you can conjure up some stuff with Rhodes. Hell, Golddust feuded with Taker, I'm sure Dusty has something in the past about Taker. If no, make something up.

The funny thing about the taker situation, anybody can make up something to fued about. anytime triple h's whole angle was "i aint got shit else to do, you aint got shit else to do, lets do this!". that storyline had nothing to do with the past. they didnt even include the taker/hhh vol 1. The storyline will always be "I want to break the streak" because thats all that really matters at this point in takers career. I think the best thing outside of hhh/taker vol 3 would be taker/orton. bring back the legend killer randy orton role, and have orton's mission be to kill the biggest legend there is. it probably wouldnt work now because the legend killer role has been long forgotten, and orton has already had a chance, but that was young orton, not viper "pounding on the mat cause i want to kill you" orton (is that not the most intensly awesome set up taunt in the history of set up taunts?). It would be a reason to bring back the really evil orton, and it would let orton join hbk, kane and hhh as the only people who lost to him twice at mania.

It would be pretty hilarious if it was Streak vs Streak..

Vince vs Taker
Losing Streak vs Winning Streak

The funny thing about the taker situation, anybody can make up something to fued about. anytime triple h's whole angle was "i aint got shit else to do, you aint got shit else to do, lets do this!". that storyline had nothing to do with the past. they didnt even include the taker/hhh vol 1. The storyline will always be "I want to break the streak" because thats all that really matters at this point in takers career. I think the best thing outside of hhh/taker vol 3 would be taker/orton. bring back the legend killer randy orton role, and have orton's mission be to kill the biggest legend there is. it probably wouldnt work now because the legend killer role has been long forgotten, and orton has already had a chance, but that was young orton, not viper "pounding on the mat cause i want to kill you" orton (is that not the most intensly awesome set up taunt in the history of set up taunts?). It would be a reason to bring back the really evil orton, and it would let orton join hbk, kane and hhh as the only people who lost to him twice at mania.
I LOVE Orton's mannerisms. He has a really nice, fleshed out character. Everything is perfect with him. He moves kinda creepy (my gf thinks it's sexy but whatever) and slithers around and is super intense. My favorite recent Orton moment was after he punted the Batista look alike from Nexus, Punk slid in, Orton flipped around on the mat and it stopped Punk in his tracks, they were both staring eye to eye, a ton of action stopped in an instant and Punk scared shitless of Orton.

Triple H seems like he really wants to and he usually gets what he wants.

I'd like to see number 20 get over someone else. Like CM Punk. I think Punk pulls off the crazy obsessed character about as good as anyone. Make him talk about how he has more self discipline than anyone else and be obsessed with beating Taker. Punk's mic skills and ability to have intelligent promos would be worth the feud alone. The match itself would tell a brilliant story. Both Taker and Punk focus on the details of a match and use a ton of emotion that really brings any match together and takes it to a higher level than if lesser guys were doing the exact same thing. Taker, for example, holds his hands in front of his face and moves his fingers, which is something I've had to do with a doctor after a severe head injury. Whether Taker was selling or legitimately like "o shit I might be hurt lets check" doesn't matter, it made Triple H/Taker feel so much more intense to me.

I LOVE Orton's mannerisms. He has a really nice, fleshed out character. Everything is perfect with him. He moves kinda creepy (my gf thinks it's sexy but whatever) and slithers around and is super intense. My favorite recent Orton moment was after he punted the Batista look alike from Nexus, Punk slid in, Orton flipped around on the mat and it stopped Punk in his tracks, they were both staring eye to eye, a ton of action stopped in an instant and Punk scared shitless of Orton.

Yeah, Orton's got his character down perfectly. Everything about him works. I also think that all females think it's sexy cause my wife and all of her friends think so too. I always wondered if he came up with that gimmick on his own or if he was given it and just ran with it, because it seems too perfect for it to be something somebody told him to do.

I saw him on a late show a while ago and he didnt seem anything like his character, even though it seemed like he wanted to punt the host in the head when he kept talking about orton's dad and stuff. It made his actions in the ring even more interesting to me, seeing him be a totally different person.

I'd hate Orton Vs Taker.. Because Orton would just recieve 25 tombstones break both his legs (not even kayfabe) and still hit an RKO to win it.

A lot of people talk about how unrealistic Taker surviving what he did at Mania was, but Orton has been unrealistic in the whole Nexus fued.

Jericho, Barrett, Sheamus, would be good.

Awesome Kong Vs Taker ?? ;)

I'd hate Orton Vs Taker.. Because Orton would just recieve 25 tombstones break both his legs (not even kayfabe) and still hit an RKO to win it.

A lot of people talk about how unrealistic Taker surviving what he did at Mania was, but Orton has been unrealistic in the whole Nexus fued.

Jericho, Barrett, Sheamus, would be good.

Awesome Kong Vs Taker ?? ;)

The fact that Orton could hit the rko anytime would make the match exciting. it's that quickness and the fact that it "comes out of no where" that makes the move what it is. it would keep orton in the match even if he seems to be out of it.

barrett, sheamus and awesome kong don't have the track record to step up and challenge taker at mania. that would highly taint the legacy. you look at all the things undertaker has accomplished, all the things hbk and hhh accomplished, their astronomical accomplishments. seeing barret or sheamus after that would be disrespectful to "The Streak".

Undertaker Vs Barret or Sheamus would not be disrespectful to the stupid streak... One of the guys who fell victim to "the streak" was Prince Albert..ok The Bigshow was also part of the match but I really don't think going up against Sheamus (a formerWWE Champion and King Of The Ring winner) would taint the legecy of the streak than certain other opponents he has beaten along the way. I would like to see The Undertaker Vs Wade Barrett if Barrett gets as big as I think he can between now and then (wins either the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship and breaks away from being in stables to fued with some of the big names in the business.) As said before it doesn't really matter about history but there is a bit of unfinished business between the two also.

I think Wade has the potential to become a successful heel for many years to come in the WWE and a match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania could help him get to that next level.

Undertaker Vs Barret or Sheamus would not be disrespectful to the stupid streak... One of the guys who fell victim to "the streak" was Prince Albert..ok The Bigshow was also part of the match but I really don't think going up against Sheamus (a formerWWE Champion and King Of The Ring winner) would taint the legecy of the streak than certain other opponents he has beaten along the way. I would like to see The Undertaker Vs Wade Barrett if Barrett gets as big as I think he can between now and then (wins either the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship and breaks away from being in stables to fued with some of the big names in the business.) As said before it doesn't really matter about history but there is a bit of unfinished business between the two also.

I think Wade has the potential to become a successful heel for many years to come in the WWE and a match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania could help him get to that next level.

I think it would taint the legacy of the streak now because of the sheer amount of weight it carries today. back in the days when he was fighting albert and those guys, the streak wasn't "The Streak" as it stands today. I just don't see Taker facing HBK twice, then HHH, then the guy who Triple H mauled right before Mania for no damn reason. He destroyed Sheamus, just for the sake of destroying him. And now he should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Hell no. He was the WWE champ, but even then, he wasn't on the level of what I feel in my honest opinion, a Taker mania opponent should be these days. Taker is a Hall of Famer, who has faced Hall of Famers, and should keep facing Hall of Famers, and Sheamus is no Hall of Famer. The same goes for Wade. Maybe Wade should face Sheamus at Mania, but neither of them should face Taker. atleast not in my view.

It's going to be Triple H again but I'd really love to CM Punk or The Miz fight 'Taker at Wrestlemania. If though they will lose, at least they will get their place in history and have the honor of facing the legendary Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Not everyone can say that.

Punk would be perfect for it. The Miz would be as well.

Fair enough..I'm just a wrestling fan like yourself and I would personally like to see The Undertaker Vs Barrett.. maybe because I'm being selfish but I would like to see a British guy become Champion and mean something in the WWE once again. I also see a lot of potential in him as I said before..despite where he comes from. I think a match at Wrestlemania would push him up to the next level (even though I am sure he would lose and rightfully so). Yeah the streak as now become more relevant than ever..especially over the last few years. It pretty much defines the Undertaker now which I am not happy about but ah well..but there are not many "Hall of Famers" left (especially in the WWE) so if the WWE are making the streak one of the selling points of Wrestlemania for years to come then at some point The Undertaker is going to have to put it on the line against sombody who's career would benifit from the match rather than sombody who has done it all apart from beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Otherwise they will just be signing old has beens up for Wrestlemania..Hulk Hogan, Sting..etc.. I see what you are saying though.

If they could somehow get Shawn Michaels back for one night, I actually believe the most fitting match would be:

The Brothers of Destruction (with Paul Bearer) vs DX

You're probably saying how come but it could be an emotional match for it would be the finale for The Undertaker and also the last match for all four men. Have the match be long and epic with a lot of near falls. BoD win of course (but barely!) and afterwards they all shake hands. DX leaves and says their farewells to the crowd. The final segment for the show is Undertaker saying how his task is finished and thanks Kane for helping him complete the task by keeping the streak in tact. He tells Kane that he is not a weak brother but is strong and his legacy will be remembered forever like his. The streak is now fully immortalized and The Undertaker tells Kane that it is time for him to finally RIP. Kane agrees and Paul Bearers signals for the druids to come out. Druids come out with a special looking casket, Undertaker looks at the crowd and then enters the casket. Kane and Bearer roll the casket up to the main stage as Undertakers music plays. Kane looks at the crowd, smiles, lifts his arms and does his flame burst effect. Flame shoots from the stage, Kane's music hits, the lights go out and stay out for awhile as Kane's music continues to play. Lights suddenly come on and Kane, Bearer, and the casket are gone.

That's my idea for WM28 but only if they can get Shawn for one night. Brothers of Destruction vs DX in one final battle in Miami.

I don't think The Undertaker, Kane, Triple H would all retire on the same night. I think Kane as a bit longer to go yet. I would like to see The Undertaker have one last run as a leader of a heel stable before he finally calls it a day..maybe a new Ministry or something alltogether different.

I think the thing that made me realise that he was going to beat Triple H this year was the fact Paul Bearer was not at his side. I could be wrong but I would like to think when the Undertaker does have his final match then the guy who stood by him throughout most of his career would be their to see him bow out.

I would love to see HHH Vs Taker Hell In A Cell at mania next year coz u dont know which way its gonna go coz they are both awesome at Hell In A Cell matches.
or maybe a triple threat hell in the cell with Edge vs HHH vs Taker

I was thinking about it for a long time now...
I know if it is to end his career, maybe Mysterio doesn't worth it, but i think that this match could be awesome and the feud being unbelievable!

We all know that Mysterio is incredible in the ring, if you dont think that, go get a doctor!!

But would you dig that? Mysterio and Undertaker could be better than HBK vs Undertaker, just because one thing, first it has never been done before and Mysterio moves very well in the ring, and he is maybe the most underrated guy in WWE, i just think that if any guy wants to entertain kids, every person on IWC hate him to dead...

It was something that i would love to see, of course that Mysterio has to work hard in his move sets, like adding a submission move or having credibility for a Dive move or something (Frog Splash)
The Undertaker is a legend, and he can sell almost every match that WWE make for him!!

What's your thoughts about this match?
Could this be good for ratings and for every pro-wrestling fans?
Could they have an unforgettable match?
If you don't agree, please tell us the reason!

Mysterio and Undertaker could be better than HBK vs Undertaker, just because one thing, first it has never been done before and Mysterio moves very well in the ring, and he is maybe the most underrated guy in WWE, i just think that if any guy wants to entertain kids, every person on IWC hate him to dead...

Uh, look at Royal Rumble 2010.

The match was OK but since Rey is so small they can't really do that much.

So no, I do NOT want to see this at WM 28.

SMACKDOWN match ended up in a DQ!

Uh, look at Royal Rumble 2010.

The match was OK but since Rey is so small they can't really do that much.

So no, I do NOT want to see this at WM 28.

First of, Royal Rumble isnt nothing compared to the type of matches that WrestleMania has!
Second, i think that Mysterio and The Undertaker work very well, of course that the size matters, yes, but Rey is very agile, and he his the most known high flyer of the WWE!
I just ask for your opinion, and guys came here to say that this is pathetic, without give a reason for it :)wtf:)
I mean, i get it why people wouldnt like that, The Undertaker is retiring pretty soon, and even I dont want to see Rey being is last opponent!!
Just saying that this match can be very good, if they work a little bit more on Rey!
I would rather see Rey Mysterio then Wade Barret or McIntyre (and i am a McIntyre mark)

But i respect your opinions, just give reasons... :banghead::banghead:

They can certainly do a good match together, whether that should be at WM28 ... I dunno. I felt the last few matches Taker had to carry Rey a little , because he is so small , it feels like Taker needs to do more as opposed to the Michaels and HHH matches where they did a lot of heavy lifting for the match.

Out of the current roster he's never fought Rey or Cena at WM. Cena appears to be not an option for next year, whilst I wouldnt mind a Rey match next year , I'd much prefer against someone younger to give them that step up , he will still win , but against say a Morrison or a Cody or even DiBiase that could give one of these guys that next step. My preference would be a ( hopefully ) returning Jericho.

Rey's just too small to be a viable opponent. I'm not a Rey fan, but I'll try not to be biased. He's a good performer, just with quite an awful finisher. The only way I could possibly see him winning against Taker would be with a small package, and that would be no fitting way to end a legendary streak. Rey was one of the top dogs in the cruiserweight division, but I, and many others, just don't buy him when he's fighting people one and a half feet taller than him.

I think WM28, as the last three, has to be Taker against somebody just as iconic as he is, or somebody quickly moving up through the ranks. I personally still support Barrett vs Taker at WM28, but that's not gonna happen anymore I don't think. What with WWE burying Barrett every damn chance they get. :p

Not a bad idea. It def works if they want to retire Rey. At this point in Taker's career I don't think he can carry a match like he would have to with Rey Rey. Like the other posters said, Rey is so small he can't slam Taker around and Taker would slow down his moves, maybe exposing Taker a little. I'd love to see Rey versus Sin Cara at WM for a title, maybe the US or IC. I think that would steal the show. Or even a triple threat match with Rey, Cara and Evan Bourne. As far as Taker for WM28 I'd rather not see a rematch with HHH. Doesn't entice me at all. I'd rather see Edge or Y2J vs Taker.

If Undertaker really does retire at Mania next year, do you really think he'd want it to be against puny little Rey Mysterio?!

This is the guy with some of the most legitimately painful moves and arguably the best brawler ever against an acrobatic, masked midget who's moves look like they couldn't knock a house of cards over.

Sure this match was alright at the Rumble, but there was no story to it. It was just Rey's usual spiel of the underdog facing insurmountable odds.
A mania match has to have a great angle and the match needs to tell a story. What could these 2 possibly build a feud around?!

Sorry, but this is one of the stupidest ideas of seen on WZ in a long time.

Yeah I'm not into this one. Rey is just not a viable opponent to possibly end the streak, and we're past the point of these glorified squash matches featuring Taker at Mania. Also, how are we suppose to believe that Rey could beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania when he couldn't beat Matt Hardy or Cody Rhodes? I know Hunter and Shawn both have sub par records at Mania, but I'm assuming they have only lost to big stars, not Matt Hardy.

To add to that, these 2 don't exactly have the best chemistry. The matches they have had in the past have been pretty mediocre for the most part. I don't think much would be different. We've had 3 years in a row now were someone who was obsessed with ending the streak so they pulled out everything they had to keep Taker down. Inserting Rey? It becomes a David v Goliath story which is way less interesting. Not to mention if 3 Pedigrees and a Tombstone can't put Taker away, what the fuck can Rey do? The streak wouldn't look to be in any danger, thus the feud would suffer.

What's your thoughts about this match?
When you have Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio on the same bill and you would rather Rey be fed to Undertaker who already has a PPV and multiple SD matches with Rey you have to be ******ed, why would ANYONE want to Rey/Undertaker when you could have INSTANT CLASSIC in Rey/Sin?

I might be being harsh there but you're probably a kid who doesn't understand wrestling all that well (like a lot of people on here) or you're just throwing out your dream matches.

Could this be good for ratings and for every pro-wrestling fans?

Well considering WWE revamped the RR this year obviously the 2010 rumble didn't too good with Rey/Taker being a banner match.

Could they have an unforgettable match?
They've had a couple of SD matches and Rumble 2010 I honestly can't remember the matches just remember one was around WM19 in a tournament Cena won to face Lesnar.

If you don't agree, please tell us the reason!
Be realistic Rey/Undertaker don't have that x factor like Rey/Sin would have or Undertaker/HHH or someone else. I'm not saying they have bad matches but for WM they couldn't produce a match of that quality, not hating on either but Rey hasn't looked the same since 2007 and Undertaker looks like he's half way to the retirement home.

My reaction is a yawn. :rolleyes:

It is difficult to follow up Taker vs. Shawn (1 and 2) then Taker vs. HHH. Rey vs. Taker would be a HUGE let down from those 3. Plus, will Rey be around for WM 28? Maybe I misread something somewhere, but wasn't he planning on moving on once his contract was up and wasn't it up before then?

As of now, I'd lean towards a HHH rematch, but only because I can't think of a better opponent for Taker.

As much as I love Rey rey, I would hate to see this as a Mania match. There is no way in hell that Rey could beat Taker, especially if it's Wrestlemania, and especiallyyy if HBK and HHH couldn't get it done.

It'd be a cool PPV / SD match, but that shit's way too predicable for Mania.
Jericho - Taker for WM28 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back