All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have picked Sheamus to face Undertaker on WM28 but with the way he's been pushed recently and him taken out of the WM28 card, it's hard to build him as a credible threat.

I would like to see Jericho take on Undertaker. I think all they need to do is have Jericho return mid this year and have him look strong to be formidable contender to face The Undertaker.

Triple H vs. Undertaker III will only make sense if its Hell in a Cell. However with the outdoor venue of WM28 I doubt this will happen. Plus their refusal to acknowledge their WM17 bout looses some heat.

The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton could also work now that Orton has his viper gimmick. However I'd rather see Orton face and put over a younger and newer talent than this.

Personally I still prefer Sting vs. The Undertaker to happen. Sting doesn't want to sign with the WWE because he is worried that they might ruin his character (well to be fair the stunner on Booker T at WM27 didn't help) but he'd be crazy to pass up the chance to be part of a dream match. Have him in the HOF in 2012, challenge Undertaker, it will be epic. Sure he might only have one match in the WWE and will most likely loose but how epic will it be if he does this? Plus Sting can claim his only match in the WWE was againts Undertaker at WM28 ... and he took the last outlaw/the deadman to his limit.

i have no clue who could face taker at wm 28 but could it be barrett seeing as that is who taker was going to face at this years wm? had it not been changed to triple h, unless i am confused and wrong but that is what i think happened?

Personally I hope it's Sting for obvious reasons but if not, I could see Batista vs. Undertaker II if Batista returns which is likely since UFC ain't gonna bring him in now that they own Strikeforce plus The Brain brought up a pretty good point in one other thread that every WM, from WM 25 to WM 27, Taker has been getting weaker & weaker and hell he was nearly done for in his match at WM 27 whether it was legit or not. With Taker getting weak every WM and Batista being The Animal, in storyline it would be pretty convincing that Batista may end Taker's streak.

But like I said if Batista doesn't return then I could see Vince McMahon trying to end it as he's the boss obviously, he'd tell Taker no one thing in the WWE is greater than him. Only problem I have against it, is it's not convincing that Vince will win nor will Del Rio & Sheamus since Del Rio lost this year, if they had made him win I could see Del Rio being a threat next year and Sheamus hasn't been taken very serious lately, same for Jericho even though it would be a great feud between Jericho & Taker. Miz would be a threat as he's 2 - 0 at WM's, however he's small compared to Taker, I just can't believe even in storyline that a small guy can end Taker's streak. But Stone Cold is another likely option, however I don't really wanna see him lose especially if it's his return match, I'd rather see him face someone new.

the best option for me would be Taker vs CM punk..... they have fueded in d past but CM punk now is very different from back then.... and he could actually have us believe that he'd end it....

OK i don't know if this has been done but if it has sorry

i was reading a thread " If undertaker didn't have the streak , would he be retirered?"
and of course people were saying stuff blah blah blah but one thing i noticed and i noticed it a lot in every kind of wrestlemania/undertaker thread, and that is people saying the undertaker should face young talent at wrestlemania.

Now that's not what annoys me what annoys me is people saying if undertaker loses it has to be to a young talent because they have the most to gain because a veteran like Cena or HHH would have nothing to gain from beating him, this is true, a young superstar like Miz, Morrison, Ziggler ect. would have the most to gain but if they won it would be a slap in the face.

it would be a slap in the face to the streak, to the fans with half a brain and most importantly to taker and every veteran who lost to him at mania.
you expect us to believe that HBK the greatest of all time could not beat taker at mania and gave up his career trying or that HHH another great legend could beat the undertaker to a pulp and still lose but someone like the Miz could beat him.

No disrespect to the Miz I'm just using him as an example but he is no HHH and he is certainly no HBK and if he were to beat undertaker at mania it would be
a slap in the face.

i know this will probably never happen and next mania will probably be his last and it'll be taker vs HHH II/III but plans change and if he does go up against a young talent he should not lose because it would be a giant middle finger to the fans because it wouldn't make sense, he's beaten all the greats and not so greats so i doubt someone like the Miz or Morrison or Barrett because it just would not be believable and if HBK couldn't do it a newcomer definitly could not do it!

anyway feel free to leave your opinion (please don't be too mean)

While on one hand you're correct, and keep in mind that my personal opinion is that the streak should never be broken, you have to consider other factors. This year they showed that the Undertaker is getting older. HHH made a point to tell him he hasnt "got it" anymore, and while Undertaker proved him wrong, this is more than likely going to be played up HUGE next year. This isn't the same Undertaker that beat HBK two times, and next year it won't be the same Undertaker that beat HHH this year. If they do give it to a younger talent, that's their decision and I'll be the first one to disagree with it, but this is an Undertaker nearing the end of his long journey. They'll play that up like gangbusters and it'll be more about the fact that Undertaker has lost "it" to the point where he lost at Mania, more than about how the other superstar bested him in the bout.

I completely agree! The issue you raised about the Miz not being better than HBK is great. It's not believable at all.

I don't believe any WWE marks would want to see the streak end, so why disappoint thousands of fans?

If there is another streak match (I hope there is), it should end 20 and 0, then we'd all go "Wow!" and enjoy the hell out of it.

I disagree with the OP.

The streak exists currently for one reason, and that's as an attraction for a bona fide Superstar who can still contribute a lot to the company, but not in an everyday wrestling capacity. Lets get all the accolades out of the way right now... Undertaker is a legend, a future hall-of-famer, and still a huge draw. Whether he wrestles one time a year or 300, people will pay to see him. He's more over than almost everyone on the current roster, regardless of brand affiliation. He's one of the greats to be sure, in the same league as a Michaels, HHH, Rock, or Stone Cold.

However, all of that doesn't merit the streak being kept intact forever. I know this was a huge point of debate in the thread about whether Del Rio should've went over at Wrestlemania considering Edge was retiring, but I am strongly against the idea of rewarding wrestlers on their way out at the expense of the guys who are staying.

Make no mistakes about it, Undertaker is definitely on his way out... whether it's next year or 2-3 years from now, the clock is ticking.

Once Mark Calaway and WWE have collectively decided that the Undertaker has reached his expiration date as an active competitor, then the reason for the streak effectively and drastically changes. It's sole purpose at that point is to give an extremely worthy next-in-line the rub or "put over" of a lifetime. The competitor that does what no one else could do... beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. It is certainly not a reward for a career-well-done. Undertakers legacy and complete body of work speaks for itself.

The man who eventually ends the streak should definitely be a younger guy, which is why in hindsight I'm glad HBK or HHH didn't end the streak. It would've somehow meant less if it was one of them, since they're in the same league and generation as the Undertaker himself. Why incredibly put over someone who is not only way over to begin with, but a true-to-life legend himself? It makes no sense.

No, a younger talent should definitely be the one to end the streak. Not a newcomer to the business, or even WWE specifically. Someone who is already gaining momentum and needs that one event to take the next big leap into superstardom. I'm also not sour on the idea of a John Cena or Randy Orton ending the streak, assuming that once again it is used to elevate that level of competitor from "superstar" to "legend" status.

Bottom line, the streak is meant to be broken... by the right person. It shouldn't be used as a reward for the Undertaker character or Mark Calaway personally for having a great, longstanding career with WWE. Right now, the streak is for highlighting an extremely popular, but aging competitor. Once the wheels of retirement are fully set in motion, the streak is a catalyst for the next big superstar or future legend.

The streak may aswell go 20-0 I don't see the point in making it 19 and 1 especially to get any "young talent" over. I love The Undertaker but that is not why I think this because I really don't care about the streak.. the reason I personally feel it may aswell go 20-0 is because I really do not think it would make that much of a difference in terms of getting any new talent over. The WWE creative staff are rubbish and I doubt beating the streak would make much difference in how they go about pushing an up and comer. It would be mentioned a lot no doubt..he ended the streak blah blah but who cares? It's just a small part of the achievments of a mans fantastic career which he is now coming to the end of anyway.. maybe if this was 10 years ago and this "young talent" ended the streak then ended 'takers career or feuded with him after Wrestlemania in a series of edge of your seat matches then went on to bigger and better... but not now I really don't think it would help one way or the other when all is said and done.

I guess it would all depend on what the young talent did with it and how he could build off it but really if Dolph, Wade or Cody end the streak I don't see it being anything other than a novelty reference every once in a while.

One point we know if somebody new beats The Undertaker, that thing will be like saying to us:
"Hey this guy over here will be the face of the company, deal with it", and maybe some fans would be happy and other dont, its fine!!
But Miz? It cant be done, he is a heel and dont look like a threat!

But the reality is: Undertaker will never lose at WrestleMania, because that will not make any sense, he is in the business for too long to WWE be that disrespectful. He will leave next year after 20-0 and then vanish like all the other legends!!

I hope that Undertaker vs HHH part III doesnt happen, because if he is retiring he should have a match against someone different like CM Punk or John Cena or a triple threat with HHH and HBK, it is his last match, he has to win and disappear Undertaker style!! But they have to make us believe that this match will make is streak such in jeopardy!!

The Undertaker vs The Miz/JoMo/Drew/Cody at Mania = Boring and very predictable...

Next year, it'd be Undertaker vs Triple H again. But this time, Triple H will be successful - third time lucky. Then, the Undertaker will retire. That's my prediction. No one can give The Undertaker a better match than Triple H; and no one deserve a win over The Undertaker than Triple H.

The Big Show would be a good pick too. Although he can't give you a "quality" match like some of the more athletic wrestlers, it is no fault of his. He is just too huge. His opponents wouldn't stand a chance if he really wrestle like them.

Another possible candidate is Sheamus. He is in my view, the most outstanding Wrestler in WWE right now. But the thing with him is, whenever he's out of moves, he seems to be at a lost as to what to do next. I don't think he'd be ready by next year to take on The Undertaker.

Barret is too green, has yet to prove himself in the ring, speaks really well though, really eloquent.

Morrison is too small.

The Mist can play dirty, but his matches are as awful as John Cena's.

Randy Orton used to be very good, but now his matches looks all the same to me.

So that's about it -- all the worthy opponents that can try take that streak from The Undertaker in next year's Wrestlemania.

Undertaker is an old school guy and an old school guy is going to job in his last match. Undertaker's last match will be at Wrestlemania.

On top of that he will lose to a younger guy... mostly because that's who is left. Triple H is not going to be the guy to do it, both he and the company gain nothing from that. Miz is not going to do it, because he's nothing but an upper midcarder getting his title run out of the way.

I have no idea who it's going to be, the guy might be around now and he might not be, but if your major concern is Taker losing to a young dude, your gonna be pissed cause it's happening

I have a long-term idea that doesn't involve ANY main eventers (aside from Taker, who we mostly agree is a special attraction at this point) , but could keep fans' interest if done correctly.

I think that one way to put serious doubt into the outcome of the 20-0 match would be to make it Undertaker vs. Vince. The buildup could be HUGE. A few things they could do: Remind fans of Montreal '97, address that Vince controls everyone (wrestlers, refs, everyone involved), make it no holds barred where Vince has hired hands or goons coming to the ring sproadically throughout the match to help, etc. They could do a great job with this buildup and then have a TRUE swerve at the end that would get Undertaker to 20-0 AND set up a storyline to go from there. This resulting storyline would not include the Undertaker, but be more of a launchpad for some other superstar.

Making this up as I type, but here's a stretch... Vince, ensuring that Undertaker does not manhandle his "goons", makes the stipulation that whoever the Undertaker lays his hands on during the match becomes the ref. If Vince waves Big Show down to help and Undertaker hits him, Big Show is now the ref and tries to make quick counts, etc. These "quick counts, etc." could lead to some high spots with real outcome doubts for the viewers.

And then, just as Undertaker is about to be defeated (like when all of the heels helped Yoko get him into the casket)...a young up-and-comer decides to make a stand, comes down and clears the ring. (Have to be a Batista/Lashley/Brock type...don't think a "little" guy like Dolph or JoMo would work here) Laying out everyone and leaving carnage. Goons are all out, Vince is out, Undertaker is blown up. THEN, Randy Savage runs down, Undertaker high fives him--making him the ref--and he counts 1,2,3. Screwing Vince, getting Taker his 20-0, setting up a revenge angle against the up-and-comer, and gets Savage into the fold.

Savage is then in the corner of the up-and-comer, who will face someone of Vince's choosing at SummerSlam (a la Lashley/Trump vs Umaga/Vince). Vince's guy wins, but not clean--fueling the rivalry--and Savage is beaten/hurt and off TV until the end of the year. This then eventually leads to his return and a stipulation match at Royal Rumble 2013, where Savage's HOF induction/ban is on the line. Savage's guy wins the re-match and Randy gets inducted at WM 29.

20-0 is a so much better than 19-1. Rob Van Damn is 4-0, so by percentage he is the better Wrestlemania competitor (yeah it's a stretch but he would be UNDEFEATED compared to Taker)

Going 19-1 is just lame. Being undefeated at the end of his career is such a bigger statement.

Plus the "young" guy they'd have him lose to would need to be good enough of that honor, and would logically be a top guy and stay with the company. What if he gets fired? Or what if he bombs later?

I disagree completely.

Personally, I don't want to see The Streak come to an end. It's been a great attraction and, in its own way, has become as important as any major wrestling championship in circulation today. Over the course of the past 3 years especially, WWE has done a fantastic job of hyping the importance of The Streak, what it's come to represent and the danger it's been in of potentially being ended.

If The Streak does come to an end, I'd rather it be ended by a young guy to whom ending The Streak will actually mean something to. John Cena, Randy Orton, & Triple H are all Hall of Fame bound stars in the WWE with a total of 29 World Championships between them. They don't need The Streak and having them do it just to satisfy an ego would be a wasted opportunity. If the time comes when they do wanna end The Streak, imagine what it could do to the career of wrestlers like Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan or any other bright young star on the roster.

During one of the hype vignettes for Taker vs. Triple H at WM 27, Jim Ross said something along the lines of there's only going to be one guy that can say I was the one that ended The Streak. Building up a young guy over the course of a program with Taker, make him a strong competitor, tell the story & make the fans believe The Streak is in jeopardy & could end and then having said young guy end it would send his career into the stratosphere.

If it ever does end, then let someone end it who will actually benefit from doing it.

As much as I'd hate for it to happen, I have always believed that the streak will end at some point. I've always felt that Taker would put someone over much in the same way that Andre put over Hogan at WM III. Hogan was already a star and already the champion, but beating Andre and ending his undefeated streak catapulted him to legend status. I think that is what Taker will do. I've always thought it will be Cena since he's basically this generation's Hogan. The problem is that they were able to put Andre over as a heel back then, whereas if Taker fought Cena now there's no way anyone over 10 years old would be rooting for Cena, so it might be a little more difficult to pull off. Maybe Orton would be a better fit in that regard.

The streak will not be broken, period. Undertaker will never lose at Wrestlemania. Ever. And in the end, I agree with that decision.

I can see the validity of the arguement that once Taker decides officially his time his done, the streak could be used to put over a young talent, one of the next faces of the company. I also get the arguement that he shouldn't be rewarded on his way out. No one is bigger than the company, that kind of thing.

The problem I see with that is, what if you choose to go that route, and the guy you anoint to be the one to end the streak never reaches his potential and fizzles out shortly afterwards? The Streak is one of the most impressive achievements in WWE history. You would have wasted it all if the guy who ends it becomes a forgotten loser. Yeah, I get that you never know for sure what will happen. Just like in real sports, even the most "can't miss" prospect can become Ryan Leaf. But it would be a shame to waste the ending of the streak on that. There are other ways of putting young guys over. Granted, no ways that would be as impressive as being the one to end the Streak.

That is the first reason I say the Streak should not end. The other reason is, I think he deserves to retire with the Streak intact. Again, I get that no one should be bigger than the company, but I think most people would agree Taker is one of the best in recent times, if not all time. If he doesn't deserve it, who does? Let him retire with 20-0 under his belt. Once the streak is gone, it's gone. 20-0 or 21-0 looks a lot more impressive than (any number)-1. There's just too much to lose for him, and not enough certainty that the Streak ender would benefit enough to become the next mega star.

for me i dont think the streak will ever be broken and the Undertaker will only compete at Wrestlemania's untill his streak reaches 25-0 then he will retire.

at Wrestlemania 28 it will be Undertaker vs Triple H III Last Man Standing and it will be another Career vs Streak match and it will be HHH's last match because he is happy running the company behind the sence's.

at Wrestlemania 29 it will be Chris Jericho vs Undertaker
A feud that everyone wants to see and a match that could become one of the all time classic matches I'd rather see this at Wrestlemania 28 instead of HHH vs taker

at Wrestlemania 30 it will be The Undertaker vs John Cena
this is the biggest money match WWE can do now and they will leave this till Wrestlemania 30 Super cena vs the Deadman I promise you now Wrestlemania 30 this match will headline the PPV.

at Wrestlemania 31 it will be The Undertaker vs Alberto Del Rio
by this time Del Rio would be one of the Companys top guys because in 5 years time if Del Rio continues doing what he is doing now he the sky is the limit.

well these are the only next 4 Wrestlemania Matches for the Undertaker I could think of because who knows who will be the next big babyface or fan favourite but what people need to think about is the Undertaker could go on for more years if he can just compete at Wrestlemania and only the Deadman knows when its time to retire anyway this is just my opinion

If it were a young guy such as Daniel Bryan who is one of the best wrestlers in the world than it would not be a slap in the face because he is almost as good or as good as HBK was in the ring.

I was just about to say Bryan Danielson. Think about it. H submitted this year. Without Benoit alive, Danielson is the greatest technician the company has. (I'd LOVE to see an Angle/Danielson match, btw) I, for one, would pay the Wrestlemania price just for Taker/Danielson.

The streak will not end. And while I'd like to say it has to do with the respect Taker has earned, it has more to do with the fact that the only people who would benefit from it are the same people Vince will not trust with it.

The streak right now is the biggest accomplishment in wrestling. It's bigger than all the championships combined. It's a 20 year buildup. Giving that to an up and comer is like giving the big belt to someone pulled up after two weeks in FCW on their debut with no prior experience in the indies. You simply cannot let something that big go up against that many unknowns.

The only way someone is going to break the streak is to better it. Go 21-0. At least by then they'll have proved they're a company man worthy of the title.

I don't want the streak to ever end and on one hand I don't think it will because I don't think Vince wants it to ever end. Even though Undertaker has done so much in his career that really he doesn't need the undefeated WM record but I think Vince would want the Undertaker to go into the HoF as 20-0 rather then 19-1.

Although on the other hand I kind of think Undertaker in someway might want his streak to end as his last match to really help someone new. Mark Calaway really seems/acts like a guy who puts the company and business before himself and for that reason I could see him going ahead with losing his final WM match to help the business with a new star for when hes gone. Remember there was talk that Orton was suppose to beat Undertaker a few years back in their match but Orton said no to the idea...

If the streak is ever broken I'd say it would need to be broken by a younger talent but someone who has been in the WWE for a few years at least. Having Orton or Cena beat him now would be a pretty big waste of the win since they really have no need for it and are already going to both be in the HoF and have really successful careers without the win. Giving the win to someone who has been in the WWE for a couple of years so the fans know them and they are actually good in the ring would be the most likely to happen so they would be directly pushed to the top of the WWE.

One of the problems with someone beating Undertaker is in a way I could see that turning them into a mega-heel. Maybe not in WWE's eyes but in the fans eyes. I could see them getting booed so badly by the fans for beating Taker and it could in a way actually hurt them a little at least for the first few months/year after the win.

Another problem I see with it is if your going to let someone beat Taker it has to be someone who is going to be in the WWE for many years to come and not someone who is just going to leave. Think about it, you could have someone built up as much as Brock was when he first came to the WWE and then have them go over Taker at WM and what if the leave that year or a few years after for something else. Now you just wasting the streak on someone who isn't even going to be around to build off of the win with. If you let the wrong person get the win they could look at it as if they have now done something no one else in the WWE ever did so lets left for them to do, why stay around longer. I think thats also another reason Vince may not want the streak to ever end.

If Taker is going to retire at this years WM like many people think and it does end up being versus HHH again I could easily see it end up being a Streak vs Career match like it was in HBK's second straight WM match with Taker. Although this time I still think Taker would win so HHH can be written off as a wrestler and go into his backstage roll or become a GM of SmackDown or RAW I also think Taker would retire that night at WM.

When Taker retires even though he deserves a send off like Flair did on TV where everyone comes out ton congratulate him in the ring, that kind of send off would not work with Takers gimmick and Mark has shown a few times that keeping his gimmick intake means a lot to him. I could see him beating HHH like he did this year where even though he win, he looks/seems more beat up the HHH does. Then you have him just lay down in the middle of the ring after his down his tongue out pose and have the druids come out with a casket, place Taker into the casket and then walk backstage with it. To me that would be the best kind of send off for Mark since it would be at WM and for Undertaker the character.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

It would only be a slap in the face if the undertaker lost the streak to someone who either didn't need the win (like HHH) or doesn't deserve the win. If the streak ends no one is gonna give a shit when Taker retires (which would probably be at WM) and the people who do are marks who don't look at the big picture. Taker having 1 loss at Wrestlemania isn't gonna tarnish his career in any way, the Undertaker ISN'T the Undertaker because of the streak and one loss at WM will NEVER take away from the Undertakers legacy in the long run.

If Taker does lose he should lose to the next big star, as in a young, hungry guy who needs that one big push to put him over the top. At this point I honestly can't think of a single person who should end the streak but if lets say the next Austin shows up within the next few months why not have that person end the streak, he could use it more and its usually tradition for a wrestler to go out on his back.

If Taker loses to someone like Randy Orton that would be a waste but to say if he EVER loses at Mania would be a slap in the face is ludicrous. Wins and losses aren't nearly as important as the big picture and even if he ends his career 19-1 it will never take away the fact that the Undertaker was one of the greatest. There is so much more to Takers legacy than the streak, its just a shame a lot of people have forgotten that fact.

I agree. Sort of.

The Streak is the biggest thing in WWE today and it almost feels as if it shouldn't end. The Streak is a token of gratitude to Undertaker for his loyalty to WWE. He's one of the greatest of all time in WWE and if the Streak ended it could potentially be fatal to his career in terms of where he is ranked among the legends.

The Streak has become too important to be ended by one wrestler who simply can't be trusted with the responsibility of taking his career to a new height. I feel that ending the Streak isn't merely "putting someone over", it's so much more than that, I feel that whoever would end the Streak would have to become one of the greatest legends of all time and that their career would have to overtake Undertaker's.

It's not a case of who it should end to. I don't think The Streak should end at all.

Honestly, I want to see Undertaker ride off into the sunset with his streak intact, cementing his legacy in the WWE history books at the true Last Outlaw.

When WM21 came around, and it was Taker v. Orton, and Orton had just had one of the more amazing years in WWE history, I thought to myself, "If it has to end, it should end here." I watched the match, and the display they put on was one for the ages. It did not change my mind. When Taker went over on Orton, I said to the 20 people I had around me watching the PPV at our local Buffalo Wild Wings, "There's no shame in that."

For Taker's last match, I would really like to see what kind of business he could do with Chris Jericho. Having read most of his latest book (Undisputed, get it in stores now), you can see and feel the respect he has for Taker. And I know that if there's anyone else (besides HHH and HBK) who can show Taker the respect he deserves, it's Jericho.

With all that said...

The Streak should never, NEVER die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back