2013 NFL Draft LD

insert a ridiculously happy Ty in 3.....2....1....

EDIT: Damnit he beat me to it.

It was the right move, they made 2 defensive picks already. Patterson is the only guy who took the opportunity to look rather ridiculous.

Please.....don't let Dallas take Te'o. Let us have a calm, peaceful day for once and don't go with the media circus pick.

patterson would be taken with the pats pick, FML. looks like future practice squad CB's it is. move over ras i dowling

Please.....don't let Dallas take Te'o. Let us have a calm, peaceful day for once and don't go with the media circus pick.

You're like the 5th person here who doesn't want Te'o.

I fail to comprehend why everyone hates Manti Te'o. A big star player who produced at an elite level for 4 years, getting better every year while being the team leader the past 2 years, and whose only off-field issue is that he was the victim of fraud.

It is insane. He is a 4-3 middle linebacker and any team with that position should be doing cartwheels to get him at this point.

I fail to comprehend why everyone hates Manti Te'o. A big star player who produced at an elite level for 4 years, getting better every year while being the team leader the past 2 years, and whose only off-field issue is that he was the victim of fraud.

It is insane. He is a 4-3 middle linebacker and any team with that position should be doing cartwheels to get him at this point.

He's a good player, sure. I think Ogletree is better, personally, but he's probably going to be a good NFL linebacker at the least. But a lot of people don't want to deal with the perceived headache. Stuff like that will get you knocked down hard on the draft boards.

It has nothing to do with his skill. I don't want the headaches that come with him.

Notre Dame player on one of the most high profile teams in the league, the whole Twitter thing, Jerry Jones being a schnook, all of that seems to just be a bad idea to mix together. We have WAY too many headaches already and our team is always a circus and it always distracts things. Why add more?

He's a good player, sure. I think Ogletree is better, personally, but he's probably going to be a good NFL linebacker at the least. But a lot of people don't want to deal with the perceived headache. Stuff like that will get you knocked down hard on the draft boards.

It has nothing to do with his skill. I don't want the headaches that come with him.
That's the problem though. There ARE no headaches with Te'o, compared to guys like Ogletree, who is a fucking CRIMINAL. 2 DUIs, one recently.

Notre Dame player on one of the most high profile teams in the league, the whole Twitter thing, Jerry Jones being a schnook, all of that seems to just be a bad idea to mix together. We have WAY too many headaches already and our team is always a circus and it always distracts things. Why add more?
That's a bit understandable, but honestly Te'o won't add any headache. I mean you can take a guy from University of Texas, USC, Alabama, Michigan, etc. All those are just as big as ND.

Travis Frederick.... Mayock has him as a 3rd rounder.

That and he got threw around by Bama which was basically the 33rd team in the league this year. He'll be good but not great

That's the problem though. There ARE no headaches with Te'o, compared to guys like Ogletree, who is a fucking CRIMINAL. 2 DUIs, one recently.

That's a bit understandable, but honestly Te'o won't add any headache. I mean you can take a guy from University of Texas, USC, Alabama, Michigan, etc. All those are just as big as ND.

Travis Frederick.... Mayock has him as a 3rd rounder.

Yeah, but none of them had this huge scandal. It carries a stigma with it and means we'll have to address questions like "is he mentally capable for this?" and "does he have the emotional maturity?" Everything gets blown out of proportion in Dallas so why bring in pre-existing issues?

That and he got threw around by Bama which was basically the 33rd team in the league this year. He'll be good but not great
One bad game does not make someone a bad player.

And the entire defense had a bad game. Linebackers can't play good when the D-Line lets the linemen get to the 2nd level without problem.

Yeah, but none of them had this huge scandal. It carries a stigma with it and means we'll have to address questions like "is he mentally capable for this?" and "does he have the emotional maturity?" Everything gets blown out of proportion in Dallas so why bring in pre-existing issues?
Oh I don't have a problem with the Cowboys drafting this guy even if it's a reach. I was just wondering why everyone hates this guy who proved he is a legit NFL player for 4 seasons.

My main problem now is the Rams. They would rather have a fucking criminal with character issues then a victim with character issues as made up as his girlfriend. Congrats to them.

And the entire defense had a bad game. Linebackers can't play good when the D-Line lets the linemen get to the 2nd level without problem.

Oh I don't have a problem with the Cowboys drafting this guy even if it's a reach. I was just wondering why everyone hates this guy who proved he is a legit NFL player for 4 seasons.

My main problem now is the Rams. They would rather have a fucking criminal with character issues then a victim with character issues as made up as his girlfriend. Congrats to them.

If the scandal hadn't happened I would have been fine with him. I'm just tired of us always having a circus going on during the season. let someone else deal with it for a change.

And the entire defense had a bad game. Linebackers can't play good when the D-Line lets the linemen get to the 2nd level without problem..
Oh He's not bad by a long shot. I think now that things have came out and he's been evaluated he's being viewed the way he should. His 40 time doesn't reflect his game speed though because he moves on the field

This has nothing to do with the draft but these double fouls the keep calling in the Memphis Clippers series are stupid as fuck. What the fuck is a double foul two people can't foul each other at the same time that's a cop out with the refs being unsure of themselves. Call a foul on one guy or let them play

I think people are grossly overplaying the amount of media attention Te'o will bring.
This times 10000.

He will have to deal with the assholes who want him to answer the same questions again once, then be done with it and have no more media attention then any other rookie from a big school.

So how about 2nd round predictions?
Geno Smith won't get past the Jets at 39. Either Jags (33), Eagles (35), Cards (38), or Jets (39) will scoop him up.
Zack Ertz will get the call early too. San Fransisco at 34.
Robert Woods to the Jets at 39. Unless Geno is there.

This times 10000.

He will have to deal with the assholes who want him to answer the same questions again once, then be done with it and have no more media attention then any other rookie from a big school.

So how about 2nd round predictions?
Geno Smith won't get past the Jets at 39. Either Jags (33), Eagles (35), Cards (38), or Jets (39) will scoop him up.
Zack Ertz will get the call early too. San Fransisco at 34.
Robert Woods to the Jets at 39. Unless Geno is there.

Woods is a steal for whoever gets him. I also think Barkley will be a productive quarterback. The FSU fan in me is happy to see Manuel go in the first round though even though I feel that Barkley is the better player. Also excited to see where my fellow Bulldog Banks ends up

Very happy so far. Jets doing work with two players that are the best at their positions and have left themselves open to get someone good at 39, provided it's not Geno Smith. Seriously, do not draft Geno Smith.

Florida gets 2 guys selected in the first round which is nice to see as well and I expect Jon Bostic to come off the board tomorrow too. That dude will be a steal for someone. He's a hitter who can move. That said, he's not the best MLB on the board...........and it's not Manti Te'o either. It's Kevin Minter from LSU. That dude can play.

Still a lot of intriguing guys on the board though. Of course the QBs, you have Eddie Lacy still there, Justin Hunter who I think is the best pure receiver in the draft, Damontre Moore who's a producer at the end spot, Minter, Jonathan Cyprien who I like a lot, and Barrett Jones, who, despite the lack of publicity, may have been Bama's best lineman for the past few years. You give me him on the Jets and I"m a VERY happy man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back