NFL Draft 2010

The Dolphins had a pretty good draft. They're trying to get stronger on defense, and they made all the right moves to do so in this draft. For some absurd reason, a lot of people down here in South Florida are pissed that the Dolphins didn't select Dez Byrant. We already have Marshall, and our defense is very weak. Defense was a top priority in this draft, and the Dolphins did a good job addressing that issue.

The New York Jets are starting to look like a very scary team. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the AFC East this season ,and made it back to the AFC championship.

Winner: Seattle and Denver
Seattle: They really filled as many needs as possible in the draft, and if Whitehurst is the guy (not counting it out, since he would be replacing a career backup turned solid to pro-bowler QB).

Denver: I loved their first round so much, I don't even remember what else they did, but they were able to move back twice in the first round, get their Wide Receiver, and then are able to trade BACK into the first round, and get the QB they wanted, that can be the future of the franchise.

Loser: Jacksonville and Jacksonville
Alualu is a reach for J-ville, and there were teams wanting to trade up. There is no way they couldn't have traded down into the late 1st and still gotten this guy.

That Alualu pick I hate so much that I am putting them here twice. Plus, I didn't want to put Buffalo because Spiller is going to be really good for them, and even though they needed O-Line work, they were able to get a lot of pieces for their transition to 3-4.

My Jets: A-
I love Kyle Wilson and Ducasse. The Jets need corners to go with Revis, and the O-Line was ridiculously old. I didn't like McKnight until we traded Leon Washington, and I loved getting a eventual replacement for Tony Richardson. The Jets always have few picks, but the picks they make always stand out.

I went A- because they flat-out cut Faneca, and Traded Leon Washington at his lowest value.

Wow! Nearly 1000 posts? I feel like shit not being here, lol.

My team, NY Giants, I thought had a horrendous draft. Actually, I'm going overboard, but I was very disappointed with the Pierre-Paul pick. He's a project player that made plays in college based on PURE athleticism. He lacks any kind of technique needed to become successful in the pros and beat NFL offensive lineman. JPP won't contribute up until 2-3 years in the league. Not to mention we're fucking already stacked at DE (Kiwi, Osi, Tuck). We should have gone with an offensive lineman.

If we were going to go DE, I wanted Brandon Graham, but that's OK. The Eagles got a very nice pick in Graham. He plays with a unrelentless motor. But they are going regret passing on Earl Thomas definitely.

I like our second round pick on Linval Joseph. He's a dominant presence inside who's practically immovable. Joseph is a solid tackle who eats up a lot of space, great pick. My only complaint is that we passed on a need (LB). I would've gone with Sean Lee, who went to the Cowboys (just great). Cowboys should love that pick, kid is a stud. Even though he struggled with injuries, he's a great technician.

The LB we ended up drafting was Phillip Dillard. I didn't like the pick. He played behind Suh so that's why he had the tackles he had. I hear he's a smart guy so I'll give him a chance. We got safety depth in Chad Jones, which is nice. Mitch Petrus should give us the successor to Rich Seubert. Adrian Tracy was a meh pick and we got a punter. Matt Dodge should replace Jeff Feagles who has been punting for us for 7 years. I'll miss Jeff, probably the best in NFL history when it comes to directional punting.

Overall, I'd give this draft a C+. Mainly because all of these picks besides Linval Joseph are "high risk, high reward" picks. They're all projects and won't make ANY impact in their rookie season. Very, very disappointing draft for the Giants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back