2013 NFL Draft LD

I absolutely hated the Joeckel pick when it happened. The Jaguars already have a excellent left tackle in Eugene Monro, and it's terrible value to draft a right tackle that high. I'm still not in love with the pick, but I don't hate it the way I did when it was announced, especially because of the way the rest of the first round went.

The Jags and the No. 33 pick is going to be really, really interesting.

This times 10000.

So how about 2nd round predictions?
Geno Smith won't get past the Jets at 39. Either Jags (33), Eagles (35), Cards (38), or Jets (39) will scoop him up.
Zack Ertz will get the call early too. San Fransisco at 34.
Robert Woods to the Jets at 39. Unless Geno is there.

Jags have already said they won't go QB at No. 33 It could be a smokescreen, but I feel it's legit.

Very happy so far. Jets doing work with two players that are the best at their positions and have left themselves open to get someone good at 39, provided it's not Geno Smith. Seriously, do not draft Geno Smith.
From the moment the college season ended, I did not understand how Geno Smith was moved so high.

From the moment the college season ended, I did not understand how Geno Smith was moved so high.

I agree. I think it's just the best of a bad crop so you get overrated because some team will need a QB. Quite honestly though, there's so many good players left on the board that if I'm the Jets will all my holes, I can't possibly be looking QB.

Plus, next year's QB crop should be much better so why blow your load this year?

My main problem now is the Rams. They would rather have a fucking criminal with character issues then a victim with character issues as made up as his girlfriend. Congrats to them.

Considering they took a chance on Janoris Jenkins last year (aka massive pothead and arrests) and it paid off, Fisher probably thinks he can deal with another bad egg. The talents there, now he just needs a get his outside game in check, and Fisher isn't the worst choice to try to help that out.

Plus, next year's QB crop should be much better so why blow your load this year?

Job security most likely. If a team is picking in the top 10 again next year the FO may not even be there.

The way I figure it, the Pats could use help at WR and Interior O-Line on offense. On defense, they could use help pretty much anywhere, but I'd rather not see them use any high picks on LB or DT. S, DE, or CB are okay with me. They have 7 picks I believe, two 2's, two 3's, and 3 7's. In other words, at least 4 picks that I'd expect they can get some value out of.

Hopefully they don't do anything ridiculous like when they wasted that pick on Mallett. Until they get something back for him, it's a waste.

If the universe likes me, they'll make sure the Jets do not trade up to get Geno Smith. If it loves me, it'll make sure Smith and Nassib are off the board quickly so there is NO temptation for the Jets to do something stupid.

Don't blame you, I don't think any of these QB's are NFL-capable, at least not before making major strides and coaching development over much time.

Don't blame you, I don't think any of these QB's are NFL-capable, at least not before making major strides and coaching development over much time.

It's part that I'm not excited by any of these guys and part not knowing the coaching situation. If Rex Ryan is gone after this year, which is possible, then a new guy comes in and will have to inherit a "future" qb that he didn't draft? That's not the way it works. You come in and you get your guy. And if that's next year, the crop is better with Bridgewater at the top of my wish list at the moment.

I feel like Joeckel and Cyprien are two safe picks that the Jags can build around. I mean sure, they already have Munroe, but Joeckel gives them more depth at OT and he was one of the best guys in the draft.

Titans on the clock now after a trade. Wow good trade by the 49ers.

He just did, he won't have to stay in that mess they call a football team. On the other hand, Mark Sanchez must have seriously pissed off the big man upstairs.

Hopefully they cut him and he can go to Jacksonville where he should have been for the last year and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back