PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
2013-draft-logo-story.jpg

Big weekend for NFL fans. Here's the schedule for the weekend:

Round 1: April 25, 8 p.m. ET on ESPN/NFL Network
Rounds 2-3: April 26, 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN/NFL Network
Rounds 4-7: April 27, noon, ESPN/NFL Network

Just a few hours until it starts.

I'd like to see my Pats get a WR since the best we have is Danny Amendola, which is kind of a joke. But chances are we'll either trade down, get our 97th CB, or some other such nonsense.

Don't need a great receiver when you have those two beasts at TE.

Hearing Lions may trade up to 3 for the LT that'd be available. Don't know how I feel about that. Torn, really.

Lions getting a franchise LT would probably be good, not much else at the top anyway.

And those beast TE's are often on the sideline nursing their myriad of injuries lol.

Rumors are going around that Fisher is gonna be #1. Considering Joeckel's pass blocking abilities I wouldn't mind a trade up. If they can trade back in round 2 for a team looking for a QB that would be great.

I'd like to see my Pats get a WR since the best we have is Danny Amendola, which is kind of a joke. But chances are we'll either trade down, get our 97th CB, or some other such nonsense.

Amendola should do a fine job replacing Welker. He's had injuries, but most of them are freak injuries from playing on a crappy team with an average quarterback

Jets have 9 and 13.

Ideally, I would like to see the Jets trade down from 13 to the early 20's, while acquiring a 2014 1st rounder (or an additional 2013 1).

In terms of players, I want a pass catcher, 3-4 pass rushing OLB, and an O-Lineman. Tavon Austin at 9 is very intriguing, as is Tyler Eifert. Any time you can get an athletic, 6'5" pass catching TE who can also line up in the slot and out wide, you should jump at it. Austin looks to be an elite level playmaker, something the Jets have not had in a long ass time. Considering the Jets have 9, 13, and 39 going into Round 1, they should be able to get all 3.

However, If the Jets can trade down to early/mid 20's and Geno Smith is there, I'd love to see them jump at the opportunity.

Lions need defense man. Not a T.

Whoever gets Jarvis Jones is gunna be a good pick.
Jarvis Jones left USC because they would not clear him to play, because they diagnosed him with Spinal Stenosis.

We all on this forum know of someone who has Spinal Stenosis. Edge. That's why he retired.

I just don't think he'll hold up in the NFL. Maybe take a flyer in Round 2, but when spending your top pick on a guy who has a spinal condition it is too big a gamble.

Anybody that wants a pass catcher they need to look at Robert Woods and Taevon Austin. Woods didn't have as good of a year last year as he did before, but, that was due to a lot o fthings and not just his play. Austin can be the next reggie bush type of player in the league, dude is fast

Would any of you run the risk on Mathieu or Lattimore? Both of them are animals on the field, they each have their respective problems though

Would any of you run the risk on Mathieu or Lattimore? Both of them are animals on the field, they each have their respective problems though
absolutely on both, depending on the team, but not before round 3.

I think the 49ers fit Lattimore to a T, as they can stash him on IR for 2013 and not worry about not using their draft pick. And they have a history with injured RBs (hello Frank Gore).

Matthieu is a guy I can see any team taking a chance on. Great football player. Sure there's a chance his drug issues come back, but he'd hardly be the first pothead to get drafted. The teams have a better idea then all of us if he is truly putting football ahead of marijuana. If one team thinks so, then he'll get drafted.

Steelers probably need to get either a OL, RB, LB, or S with their first-round pick. I don't think Polamalu will ever be good as he once was. They lost Harrison and Mendenhall (thank goodness) and their offensive line has been shoddy the last few years. Wouldn't mind them getting a WR in the later rounds since Wallace went to Miami.

Stormy's right in that it depends on what team I am if I'm picking those two. If I'm the Lions I'm taking Matthieu off the board because of all of the legal issues they've had lately they don't need more.

I would take a chance on Lattimore though no matter who I was if I could get him anytime on Day 3. He's a first round talent but the injury concerns will scare teams off likely in the first two rounds.

When did the draft become like one of those office auctions where all the guys are sold off to the middle aged, saggy tittied women for a date?

This is wishful thinking, but if Cordarelle Paterson drops to 23 inexplicably, the Vikings better DO THE RIGHT FUCKING THING AND DRAFT HIM.

Yes I'm all in on Patterson. Don't ask me why. Bring this up to me next year when he's on a different team and I will talk shit all day long about him.

Also, all apologies to CH, but I hope Chicago gets Teo, leaving Ogletree to drop to the Vikes for one of their picks.

For the fun of it I'm gonna try to predict who goes to what pick just before it's announced.

#1 - Fisher.

Here's hoping the Browns don't blow it on Geno Smith. At least not at 6. If Geno's their guy, they can trade down and get extra value.

Also don't mind me, I inexplicably got a solid buzz going off of two stiff drinks earlier. So if I'm a dick, give me a bit and I'll be back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back