Yu Yu Hakusho Thread

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Does anyone else around here like Yu Yu Hakusho?

IMO it's one of the best Shonen Jump mangas and animes to ever come out. It has a lot of acrion and a damn good story. Anything that mixes mixed martial arts, demons, comedy, and abnormal powers together is bound to be great. It is animated beautifully and the fight scenes are amazing. If you like Dragon Ball Z or Naruto, you'll love this one as well.

Let me know your opinions on this anime.

This is actually my favorite anime of all time. I actually rock a tank top with all the characters on it regularly. Own the whole series on DVD to!

So glad somebody randomly made a thread about this lol.

But yeah the entire Dark Tournament build up and Climax is absolutely great.

I've watched it. Though I only managed to get to the end of the Chapter Black saga and it just kinda fell off from there. The pacing became too sluggish for my liking, even though the story telling and the voice acting were both really good. In many ways I found it to be allot like Bleach; great opening saga with the others just dropping off as they went. So I have yet to actually see the 3 Kings saga.

The Dark Tournament saga was great. Phenomenal. I marathoned that saga in about a week.

I know a lot of people love the Dark Tournament Saga, but my favorite saga is the Chapter Black Saga for a lot of reasons. Shinobu Sensui is a great villain with a great back story and a lot of depth. Also, this anime was very progressive for it's time. Remember the hint at Sensui and Itsuki's gay relationship? This anime was great all around. It wasn't as out of this world as DBZ, but the action was just as good.

It's a great anime.

I just finished watching the Chapter Black Saga again for the umteenth time and every time I watch it, I get more and more confused about Itsuki and Sensui's relationship. Was Itsuki gay? Did Sensui know of Itsuki's potential attraction and if so, did he reciprocate? Did he care for Itsuki?

What do you guys think?

Yu Yu Hakuso is one of those animes that stood the test of time for me. I've watched it all the way through three times. And I don't think it gets enough love. Sure. It's tropey. Sexist. And it's slow start kind of makes you want to skip the first 5 episodes. And the show forgets about it's original premise from the Dark Tournament onwards.

But it's good, and you should watch it. The dub is pretty good. Maybe it's childhood nostalgia, but it's in my top 10 anime's, easily.

I just finished watching the Chapter Black Saga again for the umteenth time and every time I watch it, I get more and more confused about Itsuki and Sensui's relationship. Was Itsuki gay? Did Sensui know of Itsuki's potential attraction and if so, did he reciprocate? Did he care for Itsuki?

What do you guys think?

I really should read other posts than the first one.
I don't think Itsuki was gay. Merely in love. I'm not saying there wasn't sexual attraction. I'm just questioning whether or not he even has an orientation. Itsuki stated very openly that he believed that one of the 7 personalities, the female one, had a deep connection with him, and even pondered about them being out and out in love.

Itsuki is a lot of things, but the one thing he had over all the other psychics in the Black gang was that he was never fooled, or delusional. He knew all the plans from the start, and his loyalty and love of Sensui kept him there. Mr. Sensui was fully aware. And probably used it to his advantage to a degree. Maybe even lightly entertained the affection himself. But at least one of his personalities did hold a deep affection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back