You are now in charge of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleddd

Pre-Show Stalwart
This may have been done before but you are now in charge of the wwe and you can bring in 3 changes from immediate effect what would they be and why?
1. Unify the wwe and whc title - i still beleive the wwe needs just one main champion.
2. Tag teams bring them back and make them a regular part of both shows - if nothing else they are bloody good fun
3. reduce the ppv's and return them back to their original names - i just dont dig it all these new ppv's

First off, I'd DEFINETLY change the WWE back to World Wrestling Entertainment. By that, I mean keep WRESTLING in the name. Its rediculous that McMahon took that out, the E will always be thought of as pro wrestling.

Put the Money in the Bank back into the WrestleMania card. I don't know why it has it's own PPV, I mean I like the concept, but MiTB should be on the Grandest Stage of Them All.

Erase all Stip-Themed PPV names, EC, Extreme Rules, Hell in a Cell, TLC. Most importantly, I'd bring back CYBER SUNDAY, my favorite PPV of all time (that isn't in the Big 4)

1 - Knock Cena down a peg or two. I don't mean this in a Cena-bashing kind of way, but the way WWE continues to book John Cena as some kind of Terminator is undermining the rest of the roster. There is a whole host of talent waiting to break through, yet Cena is still the forefront of the WWE. Recent crowd reactions have shown a clear over-saturation of Cena. I'd kayfabe an injury for a 6 months to a year, and allow other talent to take center-stage until he returns.

2 - Reset the announce teams. It's getting ridiculous that every week we're switching on to find a different announcing setup. I believe that we need to have solid announcing voices on each show without the need to chop and change due to announcer involvement with storylines. I would wrap up Cole's stale feud and give him some time off before returning to Raw, meanwhile giving the fans the satisfaction of seeing JR and Jerry Lawler back together for a few months.

3 - Unify WWE and WHC titles and allow all title-holders to attend both brands. Let's face it, there should only be one true champion. Come on, I mean how would you feel if there were two Superbowl champions, or two Stanley Cup champions, or two World Cup champions? It doesn't make either title feel exclusive enough. There should be one top spot for one guy, with the other titles representing mid-card divisions.
All title holders should be able to attend both shows too. This may create some confusion with feuds which is probably why they are on separate brands at the moment, but we often see brand-crossing anyway, so there would be no harm in feuds taking place on both shows (maybe superstars can appear on both shows but only wrestle on the show they represent? Not a bad idea). This would also allow for a greater amount of time to build feuds / matches for the monthly PPVs. At the moment it is rushed. Make use of both shows, WWE.

That's how I'd polyfill the WWE.

Like the thread, here's my thoughts..

1) End the ridiculous anonymous general manager storyline. I don't care who it is..Edge, Michael Cole, Bret Hart, HHH, Doink the Clown. We've had enough already!

2) MITB has to return to Wrestlemania. It showed this year that it was sorely missed and could have been used to feature some of the mid-carders as opposed to that ridiculous tag team match.

3) Bring back the shock factor! For far too long wwe has been predictable. Even when a superstar returns or signs it's built up weeks or months in advance or is somehow leaked to the press. Keep things hush, keep us guessing. I want to tune in and not know what OMG moment is coming next.

The Rock - Thank you for coming home!

1. Bring back Tag Teams! During the 90's, other than Austin, the tag teams were the most exciting part of the show. If we looked at the past few yrs. teams like the Hart Dynasty, the Usos, and the Dudebusters had potential. Heck we are going backwards in wrestling, huh I mean sports entertainment, why not make the Usos like the Head Shrinkers, keep the Dynasty the same but maybe abit more attitude, and the Dudebusters could have been the underdogs. There will never be another Dudleys, Hardys, and E&C, but there are plenty of superstars in need of air time that could work together. Please though NO MORE SUPER Teams like Show/Kane. It kills all other teams. Lets make real teams that last.

2. I know that this will never happen, but good lord lets make William Regal badass again! Remember his reign as King of the Ring? They were setting him up to be the Champ I believe. He made it exciting again (sitting in his big throne, turning the lights off). You never knew what was going to happen. I am not saying he has to be champ, but he is a veteran, and if we look at all the greats that were never champ (Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, Mr. Perfect), give one of them a chance to make that step up. Yes he may have blew his one shot at super stardom, but we look past everyone elses issues. Like Regal, certain superstars are never going to be pushed (Mr. Woo Woo Zack Ryder, Christian, Koslov). Vince please open your eyes.

3. Get rid of all these PPV's! It is getting kind of boring. I can't affor them all and I don't know anyone can. Lets go back to the good old days, when it was a huge build up towards a big match. We need the Rumble, Mania, Survior Series, Summer Slam and then bring back another PPV. Maybe a PPV from WCW (Bash at the Beach, Slamboree, or if anything bring back CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS! God I miss WCW sometimes!)

1. Unify the WWE / WH title, not only would - as others have said - make this improve the value of the title but it would also make the IC/US (if they were also unified) title more valued. Furthermore, i'd make it that whoever held the IC title would be seen as the Number 2 guy on the brand but still used as a stepping stone to the World title.

2. MitB back at Mania

3. Stop Orton and Cena's dominance and give others such as Christian, Wade and Miz (i realise he held the title for ages but i don't want him buried) time to shine.

4. And i know it would never happen but if the WWE/WH and IC/US titles were merged then bring back the hardcore title and the Light heavyweight / Cruiserweight titles

5. End the anonymous GM angle.

I know it was more than 3 but i got carried away.

1. Go back to the basics with the PPVs. Rumble. WMania. SSlam. Survivor Series. That allows time to establish rivalries that mean something. It also allows for PPV calliber matches to be delivered on Raw and Smackdown on occassion. If you're going to always have the top talent going at one another, it might as well be meaningful.

2. Bring back the retired titles. No offense to Mysterio and others, but there is no reason for him to have ever held the Heavyweight Title. Bring back the Cruiserweight and perhaps Television titles. For those lightweights or stars that you want to push up the ladder, to get a taste of crowd reaction before thrusting them into greatness.

3. Re-establish the Tag Team division on both shows. I'll let this championship stay unified so that the champs have to defend on either show. But build and create 5 or 6 teams of credible players who aren't getting tv time otherwise, and enjoy the show. Unless you've got a Shawn Michaels on your hand, quit breaking them up so that neither one goes on to anything (Hart Dynasty...)

4. So long Hornswoggle, and Diva matches become Superstars "Internet Only" matches. I don't care how "Awesome" Kong might be, bored now.

Here are the things I would do

1.Like someone else said... Reset the announce teams. Lawler & Good Ole' Jim Ross on Raw. Booker & Josh Matthews on Smackdown... and send Michael Cole back to covering War Stories, or whatever else he used to cover. A lot of people hate his personality that he has become over the last year or 2... turning on Lawler. Yes I know it's scripted... but still.

2. Combine all the titles with other "equal" titles. Combine the WHC in w/ the WWE title. US & IC and so on. Thus making it so The WWE, US, Tag Team, & Divas champion can appear & defend their title on both shows.

3. Like the guy before me said.... End Raw's anonymous GM idea. I mean it was ok for a while, but now it's just getting old. We dont care who it is... Vince, Shane, Stephanie, HHH, Edge, Michael Cole, The Rock, Steve Austin or whoever the heck it is... just enough already.. we would rather hear a REAL GM like Teddy Long... or someone like Vince McMahon come out and say "Let's Make this a Match" instead of... *bleep bleep* "May I have your Attention please" crap from Michael Cole.

4. I also agree the MITB should go back to WM. Even if it means making 2 MITB at WM... which would be awesome. Other then the 2 MITB matches... it's just another PPV honestly.

5. I honestly disagree with getting rid of all "themed" ppv's. I do agree some should go, but not all. If there are only 1 PPV a month here are my ideas for PPV names (no particular time of the year except the Main PPV's obv.).
Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam are obvious ones to keep. I would keep TLC, EC, & Bragging rights. Bring back Cyber Sunday (making it fans choice who the champions face in matches, or what kind of matches they are in). and I honestly dont now about the rest. But those PPVs I like & want to keep for sure. But if they're going to do "themed" based PPV's.. make the entire PPV around it. So like Elimination chamber... dont just do it for the 2 main titles (or 1 if they combine it to 1), do it for every title or match.. including the Divas or #1 contender's matches.

6. Stop taping Smackdown. I dont mind taping WWE Superstars and NXT and all that, but not Smackdown. The reason I say this is because... it's too easy to find out whats going to happen on Smackdown on Tuesday or Wed. whenever the spoilers are put up. I would much rather have it Live... where the only people who know what's going to happen, are the wrestlers & the people who script it. Plus for the people who attend the SD events that are televised, they can tell their friends what happened... which in long term... cuts down the viewers for SD.. which is why it's bounced around networks so much.

7. I would also... stop letting the public know when WWE signs, re-signs superstars or ideas for returns come up. For example.... the whole Taker vs HHH situation for Mania. After like the 2nd video I figured out they had this idea... even w/out looking on here for the spoilers. How did I figure it out? Easy... obv. Undertaker was the one in the house looking out the window. The guy who was walking up to the house had some kind of long trench coat or jacket or cape or something on. Well other then Taker (who was in the house) the only other guy I remember consistently or distinctly wearing a Trench Coat or what not is Triple H. So it was obvious, plus why else would Undertaker.... who is pretty much only on SD be appearing on Raw? Plus the whole "Kharma" thing was too obvious. A lot of us watch or used to watch TNA at some point at least once. We all remember seeing "Awesome Kong" aka Kharma in TNA. A lot of us on the site saw that WWE signed Kharma... and then we saw the videos b4 her debut and we all pretty much knew it was her, and then when we saw her whole face, we knew her debut was soon. It was too obvious... even tho the announcers acted like the didnt know who it was.

8. And overall stop making things so predictable. I mean as fans.... my dad and I have sat there and watched Raw & Smackdown for years... and sometimes... things are just too predictable. We could literally sit there and guess what's gonna happen next, who's gonna interfere in a match, when the anonymous GM is going to put his 2 cents in, and honestly it kinda sucks... because we like to be surprised when watching this. Do the unthinkable, unpredictable things that we the viewers have never seen, or things that havent happened in a long time. If you want to keep the ratings up... dont make ideas, plans, matches, results.... so obvious.

This may have been done before but you are now in charge of the wwe and you can bring in 3 changes from immediate effect what would they be and why?
1. Unify the wwe and whc title - i still beleive the wwe needs just one main champion.
2. Tag teams bring them back and make them a regular part of both shows - if nothing else they are bloody good fun
3. reduce the ppv's and return them back to their original names - i just dont dig it all these new ppv's

All of the above. WWE was more fun to watch when it was treated like a sport. Unfortunately, McMahon has a different vision so the old days are gone for good.

1) build a decent tag division, u have all these castoffs from the nxt seasons and people u have been cutting, use them and put together some real teams and rebuild the whole damn division. who knows we have even have an another epic tlc trilogy between teams.
2) continue to build a real womens divions(not a divas) and hire in some real ladies who can kick ass and bring back the prestige womens title and ditch that butterfly bullshit. equality people.moolah never carried no damn butterfly. she was a rassler, not a diva. now with kharma, they need to continue to solidify the division so she wont get bored with it and be released
3)and hmmmm not down super(hulkamania)cena and take it to at least pg-13 to broaden the audiance and appeal to teenagers and up. teens have money too and if ya have characters that appeal more to them, they r more likely to spend money on the product.

Interesting.

I'd say these three:

1) Have just 6 PPV's a year. each of which gets two months build and that would allow time for the matches to really gain stature before they take place. I hate these rushed and/or chucked in matches that feel like an after thought. If a WWE championship match gets a decent 2 month build behind it, allowing the storyline to really expand and develop of this time period, it would be a much bigger sell come the actually PPV.

2) Get rid of the Hell in a Cell PPV. A weird choice I know but this match has always been a massive selling point for me personally, as a fan. Your normal, run of the mill PPV will always gain more interest if a Hell in a Cell match is going to take place. Hell in a Cell matches should be a rare thing, that happen once, maybe twice a year (tops), that people desperately want to see. Especially if it's between two guys who have a worthy storyline behind them. And it doesn't always have to be for the championship. Getting rid of a PPV named after this match, having two, maybe three of these matches in one night, is a good idea. Its one of the only times I can remember where having too much of a good thing, turns out to be a bad thing overall. Hell in a Cell 2009 remains one of my most disappointing PPV's of all time.

3) R.I.P PG. I'm sorry but whilst I understand the WWE wanting to be aimed mostly at families, kids were watching and loving wrestling back when it wasn't PG. Growing up with the blood and the violence was cool, Hell in a Cell matches were awesome to watch as a 13 year old kid, mostly because I had no idea how much they actually took out of the wrestling in question. So kids are gonna watch wrestling regardless of the age rating. And wrestling itself is a required taste, parents aren't immediately gonna open up to the product just because it's rated PG. My parents can't stand wrestling and think it's violent and dangerous etc, and they'd probably think this even if they were hitting each other with pillows instead of chairs and falling into a ball pool instead of thumb-tacks.

1. PUT ZACK RYDER ON TELEVISON. This doesn't even need an explanation if you're a broski.

2. Get rid of these stupid themed pay-per-views: I think that was the dumbest thing they've done in the last couple of years. People shouldn't battle in a cell just because it's October, they should be there because the storyline drove them to that point, that's what made those matches so special

3. Rebuild the tag team division: The tag team division helped create stars like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, JBL, and Edge so I don't know why Vince stopped caring about it while the WWE lost its star power.

1.) Turn Orton heel and give him a really lengthy title reign. WWE needs a top heel in order to create a top face. I want to give Orton the title, and make him carry it for 8-10 months.

After he has held the title that long he'll have a combo of the John Cena effect (everyone is sick of him with the belt) and the JBL effect (they hate him). Give a good story to a guy like John Morrison and create a star.

2.) Nix NXT and Superstars in favor of a third WWECW like brand. I will have guys like Kane, Big Show, Sheamus, and Jack Swagger on the show so there would be a convincing main event scene. Then I would add a lightweight title to the show for exciting matches.

3.) Try and bring back Batista, Jericho, Taker (very limited ring time), and Triple H (no house shows) to TV. WWE needs to push established guys to the top, and have young guys come up slowly. There are too many young guys in the main event, thats why none of them seem like legit champs. Nobody is there to give them a rub. The only legit main eventers on the roster are Cena and Orton.

1. Start to treat BOTH brands as the top brand. Have a few top stars on both brands. Stop just haveing one top face of Smackdown. This means build new stars so you have enough main guys on both brands.

2. Make the IC/US titles worthwile again. It's not to hard to do. Have say Cena win the IC title have him defend it often even against some other top starts keep it for 4-5 monthes. Then when you have a younger star take it from him it seems like a big deal.

3. Inforce the brand spilt. Have Smackdown stars on Raw only on a big show of Raw. Have one set of annoncers for both shows and keep them there.

4. Yes I would turn Cena Heel. He's been a heel before and did a good job. Yes you would lose money. But you will still be makeing some money. And if you build new main event stars you would get some of that back. IT CAN BE DONE. And it would make him so much better.

Here are some of the ideas that I would do to fix WWE if I were in charge...

1) Bring back the tag team division and make it relevant. Too many teams have been broken up, buried, or just thrown together.

2) have TWO MITB matches at Wrestlemania

3) Drop the RAW GM storyline. Reveal who it is or just have them get fired or step down.

4) Make Smackdown and RAW competing shows. Like back in the old days of WCW/WWF/ECW

5) An alternative to #4 would be to have them compete against each other. The NFL and NBA have teams under one company that have rivalries so why not WWE.

6) Make more stars instead of haveing the same guys on top. WWE is at a stalemate right nwo with stars because of the period where there was too many established stars.

7) Cruiserweight. Make Smackdown a cruiserweight brand OR cross promotion with the cruiserweight title. Too many high fliers and nothing to do with them.

Thats just a START.

If i Had the Control over the WWE i would do these changes!
1.Chairman:Triple H,Creative Advisor for Chairman:HBK.

2.Sign Chyna(D),SnOOki(D),Maria(D),Ashley Valence(RA) And Savannah(BA).

3.I'l sign Chyna to return to Monday nite Raw and Feud With Kharma to end her Undefeated Streak!

4.Rename The Elimination Chamber PPV with NO Way Out,Rename Hell In A Cell PPV name with Satan's Structure,take out MITB PPV and replace it with CYber Sunday,take out SUrvivor series and replace it with Bragging Rights & Take out the TLC PPV and REplace it With WWE AnnihilatiOn:D2D(December 2 Dismember)!

5.Reintroduce the ORignal Concept of Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania and SummerSlam and adding bak the MITB match 2 Wrestlemania as a special attraction!

6.Bringing bak the 'Raw Guest Star' Concept once a month ! (big Stars)

7.Trade/send REy mysterio,melina,maryse,alberto del rio to SD and Sin Cara,kaitlyn to Raw!

8.confirm the return of 'The Last OutLaw' The Undertaker on the road to wrestlemania season as a special attraction for mania evry year !

9.Fire Michael cole,Raw anonymous gm!

10.Appoint Joey styles/Ron Simmons as the new Raw Gm

11.Appoint Michelle Mccool as the new Director of the Divas Division !

12.cancel out NXt.

13.premiere WWE superstars on Bravo Tv.

14.Include the Poster,pOll and edit sum changes to the new re-newd WWE website.

15.only 12 PPVs a year !

16.Bring bak the Badass Mr.McMahon(heel with head knot,black vest and black gloves) to TV as a character.

17.re-introduce strong Tag Team Division.

18.Change 'PG' 2 Rated 'R' !

19.Add some adult contents!

20.Use make-ups for all the WWE Divas and make them look seXier than ever including Kharma!

21.make gud looking couples!

22.re-new Cm punk's contract,sign Bak Batista to a long-term deal.

23.shake-up the Announce Team on both brands:
Jerry'the KIng'Lawler and Booker T on Raw,
Matt Striker,Scott stanford and Josh Mathews on SD!
(JIm Ross only for Wrestlemania as a special attraction)!

24.Appoint Bret'The Hitman'Hart as The WWE Enforcer which means he'l luk after all the mistakes in evrything in WWE and will corect them once and fr all.

25.Bring Bak Bobby lashley to SD(return at WWE Over The Limit) and Bring bak Y2J to Raw(return at WWE SummerSlam).

26.change WWE Tough Enough to Thursdays on USA NetWork!

27.Bring Big Celebrities mostly from Hollywood/Access to Wrestlemania to perform for special attraction.

28.Sign Abraham Washington bak to SD and bring bak his The Abraham Washington Show to SD Monthly.

29.Dark Red for Raw and Raw ropes,
Dark Blue for Sd and Sd ropes,
Silvr ropes for RR
Black ropes for SS
REd and bLue mix ropes for BR
Pure White ropes for WRestlemania !

30.Rename WWE Studios With WWE Films!,
evry film featuring a WWE Star/Diva,
Evry film Theatrical not limited,
evry film with $10 Million Bdget,
and evry film featuring a big director.

Pretty much everything about this post pissed me off. I'm sorry but you write like a 6 year old and all your ideas are atrocious. Especially changing the rating to R. Wresting is never rated MA...ever! So why the drastic shift? You're an idiot.
To everyone who said change the rating...it won't change shit! Great there would be swearing and blood...Oooooohhhh. It wouldn't make the product any better and all that shit got old in the Attitude era anyway. All the matches were the same and lacked any technical skill whatsoever. PG is here to stay people, get the FUCK over it!

As to what I would change...

1. Reboot the tag division and stop NXT. Use the tag team division to once again establish young superstars like back in the day. For one, you can give them a gimmick that plays off each other and for two, you can hide someone's inexperience by giving them an experienced partner. This also lets the inexperienced wrestler learn on the job. NXT just promotes the same cookie cutter wrestlers with no personality and has them run obstacle courses and shit. Dumb.

2. End the brand extension and unify the titles. There just isn't enough talent anymore to warrant the brand extension and the titles would have more meaning with more people going after them. Plus I want to see superstars on both shows since it allows more time to build feuds and such.

3. How about some lower level feuds? I'm sick of EVERY Raw only focusing on Cena and to a lesser extent the Miz. Other wrestlers get maybe 5 minutes of time each week and it gets old. I'm sure the same thing will happen with Smackdown and Orton soon. You want the younger guys to get over? Give them something meaningful. For example, Sheamus got the US title and feuded with nobody. No story behind his reign and no reason to lose it to Kingston. Made his title reign a complete waste. Same thing with Bryan and Barrett's reigns. Theres no time to build something meaningful because they focus too much on the top guys and they consciously cut there own TV time for superstars in half by limiting them to one show. Can't fully explain how much this has been pissing me off lately.

First off, I agree with Rckstrtmmy. Changing the rating and allowing blood would not add much to the product. In fact it would take away...as in take away wrestlers who get injured thus not being able to perform. Although a PG-14 rating might allow for a little more creativity in the promos, but it wouldn't be a game changer.

Now, if I was in charge:
1 - I would unify the 2 top titles and end the brand extention. Raw would run much like the old Nitro and focus more so on the ME and upper-mid card. Smackdown would run like Thunder and focus more on the mid-card talent with the occasional visit from the top guys.

2 - Tag teams. If you end the brand extention and unify the ME titles, suddenly you have a bunch of guys not really fighting for much. Put them in real tag teams that actually stay together even after they lose the titles. Give them Similar gimmicks or tandem finishers. Guys like LOD and Demolition were pretty much Tag team wrestlers their whole careers and had good careers.

3 - Put alot of focus on the mid-card titles like the I.C. and U.S. Championships. I remember the I.C. title having fueds that were often better than the ME fued at the time. Also, the matches were superb. Better storylines would make those titles mean something again.

Holy sweet mother of fuck. I swear to god, if this was the first thread I ever saw on this board, I'd never come back. I actually have a headache from all the idiocy. If you think I'm kidding, I can assure you I'm not. My head literally hurts!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

People saying they'd send Cena to Smackdown! as a jobber, people making 30 suggestions instead of 3(and 30 bad ones at that)...come on! :wtf:

The 3 changes I would make...

1.Ban idiotic message boards full of morons. I don't care how, find a way to do it.

Just kidding...

1.Get rid of the themed pay per views. Gimmick matches are supposed to be special and meaningful. And when they're rare, they can be cool. But it's hard to have three awesome Ladder matches in one night. Plus these matches are supposed to be made out of necessity, because a rivalry has become so brutal that they need to be in a cage, or the rules need to be thrown out. The only exception I would make is for Elimination Chamber. That's more like a novelty match, kind of like the Royal Rumble, because it involves so many people. Plus it's harder to make the Chamber make sense in the context of a storyline(there's only so many ways you can explain 6 people having a match with each other), and I think it serves its purpose quite well where it is.

2.Move MITB back to WrestleMania. It was always one of the highlights and selling points of the show. And given that you want as many buys as possible, why get rid of it? Plus it was a good way to get 6 or 8 midcard guys on the show that otherwise wouldn't. Hell, have two if you really want to have one for each brand. You could even put two briefcases up there, one for each show, in the same match. Could be cool to see a ladder match with two different objects available for retrieval.

3.Re-establish the tag team division. Let teams have real fueds with each other. And for the love of god, stop breaking up tag teams so fast! It's a great way to launch a guy into a singles, but they have to be established as a tag team first. The WWE seems obsessed with breaking up tag teams ever since the success of HBK after leaving Marty Jannetty.

1) Get the name WWF back. I don't care what it takes. When they always said "I'm the baddest guy in the WWE" if you read it out in full that's "I'm the baddest guy in the World W******** Entertainment" which sounds stupid (especially since they can't say the W word). World Wildlife Foundation doesn't even use WWF.com and that really pisses me off.

2) Invent a time machine, go back to 2001 and never make the purchase of WCW public knowledge. Imagine how badass it would have been if VKM never said a word and they still went with the invasion angle. Imagine if the first appearance, Lance Storm doing a run in, wasn't expected. If you were watching WWF and a WCW guy showed up, or if the 2 shows starting talking about each other and everyone frantically flipped back and forth between channels. THEN and only then, would Bragging Rights means something. I realize how unfeasible this is for a company to provide its own competition during the exact same time slot, but if done correctly, I could see it still going on to this day.

3) NOT bring back the attitude era. I know I'm going to get lots of heat for that, but after Edge retired, I went back and watch the first 2 TLC matches. They were great, don't get me wrong, but having those kind of matches is a lot to ask of any performer. We know the risk is high, and that's why we enjoyed them, and there is no one holding guns to anyone telling them they have to do it, but I still feel it's too much to ask. Every once in a while it's fun to see a TLC match, but these guys are already doing themselves harm every other night of the week. Now I'm not saying I want things strictly PG either, because some spicier story lines would be nice, but only do so when appropriate.

Ok, I'll play

1. Reduce to 10 PPVs a year...one every 5 weeks or so (add in a week for WrestleMania build up and SummerSlam buildup)

PPV schedule

1 Royal Rumble in Mid Jan (Begin WM buildup)
2 No Way Out in Mid Feb (continue build up for WM/end any leftover feuds that aren't WM worthy)
3 WrestleMania last week of March (the Superbowl of WWE)
4 Backlash (4 weeks after Mania, same as normal Backlash)
5 Night of Champions-May (Keep old NoC theme but add in King of the Ring here)
6 Fully Loaded/Vengeance-July (name doesn't matter, but start SummerSlam buildup up
7 Summer Slam: August (One super summer show...)
8 Bragging Rights: (Early October), make it the draft show however; the GMs can place wagers of picks on the 1v1 or 2v2 matches so as to create drama rather than the stupid trophy)
9 Survivor Series: November (more traditional 5v5 matches; use it to blow off stable feuds..eg Nexus vs Corre...also use the Championship Scramble here but call it the "Champions Survival" )
10: Cyber Sunday: ends any feuds, Fans vote on stipulations for matches.

2. Actually create top stars...obviously Cena and Orton are money makers, they aren't going anywhere...but rather than killing midcarders...invest time and effort in solid midcard feuds and pushes by getting better booking and better writers (read: Me)..intelligent booking and logical storylines will allow the current talent to shine...also let Superstars have more say in the personality of their character (some improv ala the Rock/Austin will help make promos seem more natural)...also MAKE THE BRAND EXTENSION MATTER...so as to avoid over exposure of stars

3. Change the announce teams...JR doesn't have much in the tank in terms of health..so I won't bring him back full time (but he would do the BIG PPVs and other important shows)

Raw team: Michael Cole (he's the future voice-fact...deal with it) and Edge (he needs something to do...and he can talk)

SmackDown team: Josh Matthews and William Regal (another great talker)

NXT/Superstars: Matthews and Edge

PPV: JR/King for Title matches...Cole and Regal for main event non title matches and Matthews and Edge for the first hour

Also with the announcers; I would not yell in their ears during the whole show...if I absolutely wanted a point made during a match-I'd let them know...but I would more or less give them an outline of points they should make during a match before the show.

Also; to add to a show's realism...announcers wouldn't be told outcomes of matches so as to hopefully evoke some legit emotions with false finishes/title changes/etc

sound like a winning plan? agree/disagree?

1) bring back ecw. it was a perfect show for guys like christian and upper midcard talent to be exposed, and push for main event status when drafted back to the main show. we all know the ecw title will never the same prestige as the WWE and WHC titles, but it still got guys like christian up and beyond a packed midcard on the other shows
2) i know people say we have too many belts already, but need to reintroduce the tv titles/cruserweight titles. guys like evan bourne need something to aim for and be spotlighted (and while im talking about titles, really out there but what about a "internet" title. have zac ryder come out one night on an internet show like superstars, and bring the internet title :D i know its never gunna happen, but introducing feuds to superstars could really increase viewership)
3) end the anonymous gm. one out there idea, again chances of happening are low, but could still happen, have the anon gm turn on micheal cole. wether it be a triple h, anyone, say they have begun to realise how much cole is abusing his power, after he gets caught out "making up" an email. this would be a great way of getting cole to stay on smackdown, stabilise the announce teams, and even, turn cole face, by having him stay on sd, realising the errors of his ways and start to focus on announcing

I got a few suggestions as to how to fix the WWE although I will apologize in advance for having more then 3...

1)I would totally realign my title picture and what each one really represents....
WWE Heavyweight Champion – multi-brand...1 Unified Champion...THE MAN...
WWE Intercontinental Champion – Raw...this should replace the WWE title
WWE United States Champion – Smackdown...this should replace the World Title
WWE Tag Team Champions – multi-brand...more on the tag titles in a moment...

The IC and US titles should be the ones that your wrestlers are dying to get...they should serve the purpose of the two heavyweight belts that you have currently with the World Champ moving back and forth as the king of the mountain...

2)Re-do my PPV structure – To me there is an oversaturation of PPV’s...time to trim the fat...
January – Royal Rumble - I’m old school...I think this should be the only gimmick PPV because it has been around forever and it works.
15 – Raw
15 – SmackDown
2 min rule
April – WrestleMania - this one speaks for itself lol...
June – King of the Ring – I always liked this PPV and I think if booked correctly an ironman tournament with guys from both brands could really push some up and comers...
August – SummerSlam - see Mania...
November – Survivor Series – I don’t know about you but I miss the old school series with the 4 on 4 elimination matches...I think bringing this one back would be fun...

5 is all you need in a year and it’s a formula that worked for a long time...no need to change it...besides...I don’t think that so many PPV’s allow for the proper time needed to develops feuds and storylines...everything has to be rushed because 4 shows later is the PPV and why feuds often last 2 or 3 PPV’s...why charge the people 3 times to see 1 match...

3)The Brands
Make Raw and SmackDown equals...two live shows once a week where anything can happen...The World Champion is the Face of the company but your Brand Champions should be the face of the Brand...Brand guys stay to their own brand...absolutely no crossing the brand whatsoever with the exception of moving the World & Tag Contenders back and forth and only then have it be for appearances, run-ins or brawls...no matches...the only time the brands should co-mingle should be PPV's and the annual draft...

Your roster should look something like this:
1 World Champ
2 Brand Champs (IC & US)
21 Singles Wrestlers
12 Tag Teams

Split in half between 2 shows for a total of 48 guys...by knowing how to use your talent you can have revolving feuds throughout the year without them getting stale and come draft time you can move guys over to begin new feuds keeping everything fresh...plus with only 24 guys per show it gives you more time to build guys without worrying about burying others...

I know I might’ve went a little too deep on this and it may seem like more than 3 but I had more and cut down cuz I saw it getting away from me lol...

most are already stated but i can't help that WZFM have great ideas.

1.bring back the cruiserweight title and sign Kendrick and abunch of other guys to compete with Bourne and Cara so we can have atleast one or two exciting matches a week.

2.rebuild the tag team legacy and have it for up and comers, not main event talent without the world title.there is a lot of talent not getting any airtime and this would help them and the wwe (why pay someone that isnt getting the chance to make you money?) i wouldnt unify any belts except maybe U.S and I.C.this would force more tag teams to be built and the i.c champ can go from s/d to raw and set up different feuds.more tag team action and seeing more talent in good matches is better than having a title that wont even get on the pay per view

3.stop pushing/writing bullshit!!!! where is the payoff for the michael cole heel turn??? was it supposed to be Jerry? they are saying that portion is over, so it the payoff J.R? heels are meant to get the face's over so who is this helping? and the raw g.m?? and now del rio is going to feud with Rey again b/c the top slot is full?? like 120 ppl said already it is sad when we the fans can sit and predict how the show is going to end (if it is going to be like that, can we get a quality wrestling match every show atleast so it was a complete waste of 2 hours of our life??) wwe has great wrestlers (like daniel bryan) who can wrestle a great match in a bean-bag chair and they either dont show up on the card or they appear backstage in some dumb segment

1. Get rid of the themed PPVs, except for a few. I don't mind like, Elimination Chamber and Extreme Rules what-so-ever. But things like Hell in a Cell, and TLC. They need to go. I miss hearing the "OMG" moments when they announce a big match like that. Now it's just like, "Oh. okay." Which isn't supposed to be the reaction. Same with Bragging Rights. The brand rivalry isn't really, intense as it was. How bout one PPV a month, and have a decent name for all of them. and have TONS of build-up for all matches, and not have like, 3 random matches thrown in.

2. I'm sure hearing Michael Cole saying "CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION" is really annoying you all, so kill the anonymous GM angle, and just find someone. Please. While we're at it, I'd trash NXT. I mean, we already have Tough Enough which is FAR MORE a better show. Re-brand that as maybe another brand, or just like a superstars thing.

3. Give EVERYONE the spotlight. If you guys know what happened at Smackdown! this past tuesday at the tapings, i'm sure you're at least a little mad, cause i know i was. But if you didn't, then okay. Take the spotlight from Cena for a while, and Orton, and whoever else. I liked when Cena last year was all involved with Nexus, cause it gave him a break from the title picture (even though orton just took it) But yeah. Give guys like Christian, Ziggler, McIntyre, Barrett the spotlight before they walk out and crawl to TNA or ROH or some other promotion, like we've seen so many times.

1. END THE BRAND SPLIT
- this is the first thing that should be done. currently, their is no legitimate reason to have the brand extension. first of all, it is barely enforced. wrestlers often go to both brands whenever they want anyway. if the purpose was to give more talent more time, it isn't working very well, considering the main eventers take up time from both shows. the brand extension might as well be scrapped if that is the case. guarantee fans of both shows that they will be able to see the top stars night in and night out.

- some might argue that the brand extension gave superstars opportunity. "if their wasnt a brand split, certain wrestlers would not get the main event push" i think this argument is absurd. if a wrestler is that worthy of a main event spot, his talent will take him there. not only that, but the fact that more talent is breaking into the main event waters it down, making the main event scene (and the program as a whole) less meaningful

- the brand extension was significant when the wwe had too much talent. however as of late, there is a lot of filler talent that the wwe doesnt need. which brings me to my next point

2. CUT THE FAT
- now with my brand split over, I have a fairly large roster. since I am building around 6-8 feuds per month for my PPVs, i have alot of extra workers that I wont have time for me to utilize. wwe has enough talent that they can cut the crap workers and construct a properly sized roster which ensures all of the talent is not only over in some capacity, but have time to showcase everyone on tv. the days of hoarding useless talent might have been good in the attitude era because of the monday night wars, but that era is gone. wwe should have no fear of cutting someone and tna scooping them up because they aren't a threat. besides, do you know how easy it would be to resign guys like that if you spontaneously found a use for them? now that you have ur roster finally constructed, it is time to build up

3. GIVE YOUR TALENT GIMMICKS
- now i don't mean silly childish gimmicks of the mid 90's. I suppose i mean meaningful characters. there is a reason storylines in the wwe have been mostly god awful the past 5-7 years. no one has character. gimmicks are the best way to build an angle. what made the attitude era great was everyone had a distinct character. not only did everyone stand out, but there was a starting point to build feuds.

- The undertaker/kane feud (and kane himself for that matter) was a solid angle that spawned FROM undertaker's gimmick. an example can even be found from the classic flair/steamboat angle. now obviously their wrestling is what made the feud, but the reasoning behind it was great. flair was the high life bachelor, where as steamboat was the family man. these two had a legit reason to hate each other and it made the feud all the more memorable.

- Its a simple strategy. first you build characters for ur wrestlers. from these gimmicks, you can book compelling angles because the workers seem like real relatable people. this leads to matches that actually mean something and the fans remember. those matches get the talent over and make the wwe money.

that was my rant on what I would personally do. it starts with the talent and moves on from there. I have many ideas but would keep it with my first three decisions for now. this is also my first post, so feel free to dig into me and cut me up if you disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back