• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldust in charge of WWE Divas now

WJDwjdWJDwjd

Getting Noticed By Management
According to his twitter account, Goldust is now in charge of the WWE Divas. To quote the tweet directly, he says:

Yes it is true. ..all the wonderful..beautiful divas are my young paddiwan learners. Im in charge...#divasrule...

What do you think of this? Do you think Goldy will do a great job with them?

I dont know if this is what that means, but if it is, then hopefully he'll be able to do a good job and help further this dying division.

I always thought that one day Goldust would be a trainer. But not the divas. Can't get worse really. Goldust has a lot to offer, and hopefully he is the one that can save the dying Divas division from going kaput.

Goldust is a good wrestler, not sure what to call him. Technical? Dirty? Whatever, he will still do a good job and don't be surprised if we see some changes within the matches. Also, I hope to god he gets Divas like Melina, Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim wrestling more frequently as they are the the Divas that are actually there for the action rather than the look.

Please Dustin, do something right. Get the Divas divison back into shape.

The divas could miss four weeks and I wouldn't miss them. NOT that they're not hot...but...and well, not to be cheauvinistic and a pig, but women wrestled when I grew up like---once every six weeks. I could watch the Knockouts day in and day out--HOWEVER---with Golddust filling in...I think it could vastly prove as an improvement. I think he, in some circles, is better than Finlay (nothing against him at all despite what it sounds like I'm saying).

I hope he'll do well. I started changing the channel when the Divas came on a long time ago. They're great as eye candy, but sometimes I just can't get past how terrible they are. And it isn't necessarily their fault. Look at this past week. In order to get everyone on RAW, they just threw the Divas in an 8-man tag for no reason with the faces getting the quick win. I don't think any but the starting two actually wrestled. Maybe Goldust can give us something better.

wasn't he IC champ in like 96?? I cant believe hes still around seeing how many times hes been in rehab and all... He should be still Jobbing out to Alex Riley and ADR if he has the energy to work with them Diva****s

he had some funny moments in the ring and back stage when he talked funny from being shocked.. Wrestle Mania 12 was memorable when Piper pretty much beat Goldust down till he was naked lol.

the homo gimmck was just never took derious enough to get him over as a top guy

Hes in about the same class as William Regal... they both have alot of Class and Respect the business

C M P U N K RULES

Good for him and them. He can teach them a move or two, how to carry themselves more femininely and maybe even how to talk on a mic. Shame he won't be getting one more run though, I was hoping to see Bookdust get together for one more night.

Goldust in charge of the divas? Doesn't it sound like the start of a joke that has you waiting for the punchline?

A lot of this depends on exactly what trainers teach. Do they just impart technical wrestling skills? If they do, Dustin Runnels qualifies for the job.

Do they teach stage presence, acting skills and flamboyance? Man, Goldie could really have an impact if they do.

From the days of Fit Finlay being in charge of diva development, I always had the idea the trainer's only job was teaching them moves in the ring. He just didn't seem to be the type to show them how to cut a promo or have a hissy fit during a match. Maybe I'm wrong.

But it will sure be interesting to see how Dustin does in the job.

I agree with most of you that Dustin could do a great job with the divas even if all he says is, "Watch me. Now you do it." But is anyone thinking this means the end of his full time career? I know Finlay was working with the divas for years while still being full time, but then as a road agent, stopped wrestling. I always figured that would be Dustin's finally destiny in the sport. Yes, just like his dad.

Well, it makes sense.

Goldust is one of the best wrestlers on the roster, so if he can train the diva's to be better athletes, then I'm all for it.

Dustin is essentially a road agent for the ladies, much like Fit Finlay was before him. He just helps them put their matches together, etc ...

Unfortunately, until the WWE brass stops pushing incompetent hotties (Kelly Kelly and the Bella Twins) over women who can actually work in the ring (Beth Phoenix, Natalya, ...) and only giving them a short time for their matches, the Divas division will never improve.

I think its a great idea to have him incharge of the divas - hopefully he can do a better job than finlay!

I've always liked the goldust gimmick especially in his heel days - it was just so different and twisted! Nowadays he's more looking like a comedic jobber which is really unfortunate :-(
I have faith that Dustin will do well :)

Their makeup will be AMAZING now!

I think he'll do a good job. They have been booked horribly for a long time now...maybe he can get them up to speed enough to earn a better spot on the card.

This opens up a lot of possibilities. With Triple H taking charge more and more in the place of McMahon, I'm hoping this has more to do with the delegation of all responsibility for the Diva division to Goldy (thus allowing Trips to focus on other aspects.) The reason I think this would be a good thing is that Goldust seems to actually want to make the Diva division worthwhile (which at present time it is barely watchable.) If Goldust is in charge of booking for them as well, we could actually see some Diva face-time in terms of story and promo. Without that, nothing that the WWE does to this division is going to make any difference.

At a first glance, I have full confidence that he's the man for the job. I will wait and see.

wasn't he IC champ in like 96?? I cant believe hes still around seeing how many times hes been in rehab and all... He should be still Jobbing out to Alex Riley and ADR if he has the energy to work with them Diva****s

he had some funny moments in the ring and back stage when he talked funny from being shocked.. Wrestle Mania 12 was memorable when Piper pretty much beat Goldust down till he was naked lol.

the homo gimmck was just never took derious enough to get him over as a top guy

Hes in about the same class as William Regal... they both have alot of Class and Respect the business

C M P U N K RULES

Sounds to me like you don't know too much about Dustin Rhodes my friend.
Here is a brief history lesson. Yes his title reigns are from many years ago but if you think about it, getting a title back then actually meant something.

Championship Wrestling from Florida
NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Mike Graham

Coastal Championship Wrestling
CCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (1991)
PWI ranked him #11 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1996

Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling
TCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Championship Wrestling
NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)- with Barry Windham
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WCW World Six-Man Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Big Josh and Tom Zenk
WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Ricky Steamboat (1) and Barry Windham (1)

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Booker T
WWF Hardcore Championship (7 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)

3 time Intercontinental champion, World Tag Team Champion, NWA World Tag Team Champion, US Champion, WCW Tag Champion. Dustin Rhodes has had a decent career. For the "homo" gimmick as you so sadly labeled it. If a homo gimmick gets a hot blonde in your corner shoot give me some flaming trunks, bleach a chicks hair (Jayden Jaymes if possible haha) and I'll sign a $1 contract.

Now as far as Dustin being in charge of the Divas that's great. Maybe he can convince them all to quit. We all know Vince keeps them around as essentially eye candy, oh and so people don't say he is sexist. Many of us use that Diva's title match/Diva's match as a bathroom break or a chance to grab another beer. I hope Dustin can work some sort of magic and make these girls up their games. They ARE athletic but it just seems like they don't give a damn. I think back to when Melina was triyng to sell a "leg injury" against Alicia Fox many a moon ago. 1 minute she is limping and pretending to cry, the next she is doing her primal scream and going full sprint across the ring. At least keep some consistency! At least with someone like Cena he sells it for several minutes....most of the time. If the Divas can't learn it may be time to bring them back to JUST managers/valets. Let's face it they've had William Regal helping them, Fit Finlay, Dean Malenko, now Dustin...and they STILL can't get it right...That's essentially like having Manning, Brady, Farve, Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers and others training you and teaching you and you still can't get it done. My point is they've had some of the best in the business training them and they still suck...

I think Goldust has a lot to offer to the wrestling business, but I don't think he needs to be in charge of the Diva's. I felt the same way about Finlay, I feel that him in charge of the Diva's really wasted his worth. I think Trish should have been put in this position once she decided to work for WWE again. Trish went from being T&A to being one of the best women wrestlers arguably of all time, who better to elevate a division in the shape the Divas division is in right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back