WZCW Discussion Thread

I'll probably try to see it next week or the week after that. Was it super crowded being opening weekend?

Went an hour and a half early, it was showing in two of the theatres, we stood in line up three. There was already a line when we got there. Finished my pop in line so I ducked out of the line for a large Sprite....

$6.34.

From 6:50 pm to 7:20 PM they showed nothing but commercials and previews before the movie started. Seen at least three Star Wars The Last Jedi previews, really, really annoying.

You got to smuggle stuff into the cinema, Jeff! The cinema I go to is at a major shopping centre, so we smuggle shit in all the time. Buy your ticket, then head down to Woolies and stock up on the food you want at 1/3 of the price.

Most people who work at cinema's don't even care if you take shit inside.

I work part time at the one my sister in law's brother owns, and I kinda care since it basically is a family business. Add in theaters don't make shit off tickets, and concessions are the money maker for the theater. For instance, Disney is taking 65% off all ticket sales for Star Wars right now.

One day a guy came to the theater with his girlfriend and her dad, and he was caring two bottles of water. The owner was working with me that day and he told the guy that he can't bring those in. This motherfucker starts going off on how he's a human being and that he needs water. Mind you we sell bottled water. So this guy throws a huge fucking fit in the theater over it, walks out saying he can't support a business that treats people like animals blah blah blah. Finally he's convinced to come in and ends up standing in the back of the theater the whole time. Once the movie got out he walks up to the counter and slams a bottled water he snuck in on the counter, talking shit and also scaring the high school kids that were working at the time. Dude was a real piece of work, looked like he probably hadn't showered in days.

You got to smuggle stuff into the cinema, Jeff! The cinema I go to is at a major shopping centre, so we smuggle shit in all the time. Buy your ticket, then head down to Woolies and stock up on the food you want at 1/3 of the price.

Yeah around here you can go to any Walgreens (convenience store) and get movie candy four for $4. Just wear a hoodie and you're fine.

I work part time at the one my sister in law's brother owns, and I kinda care since it basically is a family business. Add in theaters don't make shit off tickets, and concessions are the money maker for the theater. For instance, Disney is taking 65% off all ticket sales for Star Wars right now.

One day a guy came to the theater with his girlfriend and her dad, and he was caring two bottles of water. The owner was working with me that day and he told the guy that he can't bring those in. This motherfucker starts going off on how he's a human being and that he needs water. Mind you we sell bottled water. So this guy throws a huge fucking fit in the theater over it, walks out saying he can't support a business that treats people like animals blah blah blah. Finally he's convinced to come in and ends up standing in the back of the theater the whole time. Once the movie got out he walks up to the counter and slams a bottled water he snuck in on the counter, talking shit and also scaring the high school kids that were working at the time. Dude was a real piece of work, looked like he probably hadn't showered in days.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/888849001

Talk about role reversal in real life! Disney is The First Order/ Dark Side and the Theatres are the Resistance/Rebels in the entire movie business. 65% cut, don't follow our special rules???? We'll start taking extra 5% cuts because we can and our fan base for Star Wars is absolutely massive so they won't boycott it, Mr. Smallguy.

Darth Disney.

Idk, I like buying concessions when I go. Just adds to the experience. (I'm also getting movie pass soon, so that's going to fucking own and be cheaper and own)

Yeah bringing in candy from walmart or a gas station is cheaper. Especially if your date has a large purse. Movie concessions charge an arm and a leg for their snacks and drinks. It's ridiculous when it's so much cheaper everywhere else.

Yeah bringing in candy from walmart or a gas station is cheaper. Especially if your date has a large purse. Movie concessions charge an arm and a leg for their snacks and drinks. It's ridiculous when it's so much cheaper everywhere else.

No kidding. I-Max in Nashville charges $20 for a large buttered popcorn. $7 for a large soda. Fuck that.

We sell a tub for $20, but that tub can then be refilled for $5 for the rest of the year.

That's a better deal. The I-Max is a one and done kind of thing I believe. And soda's were a dollar refill, I believe on any size, which makes more sense to buy a large.

Not that I like it, but they have to charge so much for concessions because like Ty said, the theater makes very little if anything off of actual ticket sales.

I've just been to see Star Wars and had a disaster experience.

The movie started at 2:40 which means trailers start at 2:40. I got in at 2:35 to catch the Black Panther trailer and boom Star Wars starts. Families start coming in 5-10 mins later and 10 mins into the movie it stops.

They ask us to then all move seats so the families could sit together. I was on time, paid £9.50 for a ticket on a seat I booked (being part deaf I need to sit on the right hand side of the theatre) and was asked to move.

Then they restart the movie. Fucking shambles.

The movie started at 2:40 which means trailers start at 2:40. I got in at 2:35 to catch the Black Panther trailer and boom Star Wars starts. Families start coming in 5-10 mins later and 10 mins into the movie it stops.

They ask us to then all move seats so the families could sit together. I was on time, paid £9.50 for a ticket on a seat I booked (being part deaf I need to sit on the right hand side of the theatre) and was asked to move.

You should sue. Cite unfair mistreatment of the disabled and physically handicapped.

No kidding. I-Max in Nashville charges $20 for a large buttered popcorn. $7 for a large soda. Fuck that.

Yeah.... No. That's what I pay for my large quadruple pepperoni jalapeno pizzas on WWE PPV nights. No type of popcorn would ever be worth that price to me lol

My local theater offers free refills on large popcorn and large soda, I usually get a large soda because of it and I end up refilling it before I leave, sometimes just on the way out. The only actual snack I usually buy at the theater is pretzel bites or cheese fries. If I want candy I just walk across the street to CVS and get it there.

Also my friends and I once walked into the theater with a backpack full of snacks and sodas, nobody said a word to us.

I'd seriously be very pissed off. I was fuming when I saw a couple of line cutters on Saturday just because they had friends in line. I bit my tongue till it bled and muttered to myself. Restarting and told to move when you're on time? There would be no keeping shit to myself then.

Not that I like it, but they have to charge so much for concessions because like Ty said, the theater makes very little if anything off of actual ticket sales.

This. I don't work in a movie theatre but I do work in one of the biggest stage theatres in the UK, and its the same deal more or less. The percentage from tickets is always low as the majority goes, in my case, to the visiting company, in a cinemas case to whoever makes the movie.

In my case, the amount the venue actually makes on ticket sales doesn't even come close to keeping the building running, and that's before you get anywhere near talking about staffing the place.

Working on a follow-up RP to coincide with my Roulette RP.

I think the last three RPs I've done may have been the best RPs I've done so far. (And to think, I wanted to take a break a while back)

In my quest to watch every Big 4 PPV before the event in 2018 I've made it to

Royal Rumble 2014

WrestleMania 25

SummerSlam 2004

Survivor Series 2001

The dad in Gremlins is so extra. Nothing really happens to this guy but he carries on at the beginning and end like the events personally effected him. It's the things you notice when you're not a kid that's pretty hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back