WZCW Discussion Thread

I remember me, Ech and Spider were debating the top ten metal bands of all time in the podcast chat before, and I think we had a good list. IIRC, it was:

Black Sabbath
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Slayer
Judas Priest
Pantera
Death
Venom
And something else I forgot. Motorhead, Motley Crue or Dream Theatre?

It depends on the genre. I have different lists for classic metal, melodeath metal, technical death metal, brutal death metal, thrash metal, black metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, and deathcore.

I remember tossing Sabbath, Queensryche, and I think Danzig in the chat.

EDIT: Dio. Pretty sure I brought up Dio.

Don't worry, I'm not a complete metal head. I'll listen to stuff like The Stranglers, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Queen, Led Zep, Van Halen, Rolling Stones etc.

@Ech:
[YOUTUBE]eUrVtR4HrAY[/YOUTUBE]

For those of you unaware, Mayhem are a band that used a band member's dead body as their album cover and one got killed by a rival.

My sister's ex used to write to them.

EDIT: Fuck, it was Dio I think. Queensryche is also a good shout.

Problem is, it's incredibly easy to name good bands from all sub-genres, and a list of ten has the potential to easily turn into triple digits with the number of good bands from different sub-genres.

With bands like Ghost and Pentagram, you could start listing off bands like X Japan, Nightwish and Testament, among many others. Bands of great quality, but I'd argue aren't solidified into our society or astonishingly influential (the justification for Venom on the list)

Problem is, it's incredibly easy to name good bands from all sub-genres, and a list of ten has the potential to easily turn into triple digits with the number of good bands from different sub-genres.

With bands like Ghost and Pentagram, you could start listing off bands like X Japan, Nightwish and Testament, among many others. Bands of great quality, but I'd argue aren't solidified into our society or astonishingly influential (the justification for Venom on the list)

I think we should list bands that knowingly suck ass. That might be easier.

I'll start...

Bring Me the Horizon...
Fall Out Boy...

In theory Anal Cunt is absolute shit, but I find them to be hilarious so they get a pass. Torsofuck and Devourment, on the other hand, do not. Except Raped by Elephants. That song rules.

Awww, not gonna pull out the guitar at sororites and play Yellow and Wonderwall?

Although, Parks does a bad ass cover of Yellow.

Once played "Violet Hill" for a chick on keyboard, but the bands aren't really for me.

And does anyone else have a weird obsession for cover songs- even if they don't care for the original singers? Checked out "Diamonds" by Steampunk Giraffe for instance. And mashups.

Once played "Violet Hill" for a chick on keyboard, but the bands aren't really for me.

And does anyone else have a weird obsession for cover songs- even if they don't care for the original singers? Checked out "Diamonds" by Steampunk Giraffe for instance. And mashups.

I had a short obsession with a Lounge cover singer.

[YOUTUBE]o39etJFlW7k[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back