WZCW Discussion Thread

Hey Blade, the battery to your mom's vibrator just shipped:

F2KRkbu.jpg

Meltdown 100 review is up. It's harsh at the start but it gets a lighter as the review progresses. I tried to critique as best as possible and although every match has me saying something negative, it was a well-done show.

tl;dr - MD 100 needed more a lot cameo appearances and memory segments (Added extra: possibly even an Old School theme. Ah well, maybe Ascension 100?)

Phoenix and I are old school. Fuck giving the refs names. They are faceless and mean nothing to us.

Meltdown 100 review is up. It's harsh at the start but it gets a lighter as the review progresses. I tried to critique as best as possible and although every match has me saying something negative, it was a well-done show.

tl;dr - MD 100 needed more a lot cameo appearances and memory segments (Added extra: possibly even an Old School theme. Ah well, maybe Ascension 100?)

The criticism on the opening is mostly on me. I went into it with two basic ideas: MD100 was basically a PPV in some ways and I also had a lot of segments to get out of the way. So I thought it might be cool if Kurtesy retired to open the show, but ultimately it probably would have just been better to go straight to a match and do that later.

Phoenix and I are old school. Fuck giving the refs names. They are faceless and mean nothing to us.

Just like Califa is to me? Faceless and means nothing to me. ;)

The referees have names?

If I hadn't repped you earlier, I would have done for the review, it was really well done. The lack of memory moments is one thing I had considered was oddly absent, especially given Meltdown 50 had dedicated time to such things, but I give Harthan a pass on this as handling a PPV-like show before a PPV is a tough challenge.

As for a lack of Ace David, my RP for the match did give an indication as to why Ace, and Dani, wasn't there; but I threw in references to them and Ricky for part of the nostalgia factor of the 100th episode.

What a coincidence, I heard your penis enlargement kit just arrived.

Optical_microscope_nikon_alphaphot_%2B.jpg

Speaking of scopes, I bought a regular telescope to see how close you were to ever winning the World Title. Well, needless to say I needed to upgrade a bit:

hubble-telescope.jpg

Turns out the distance was far greater than I even anticipated.

The referees have names?

If I hadn't repped you earlier, I would have done for the review, it was really well done. The lack of memory moments is one thing I had considered was oddly absent, especially given Meltdown 50 had dedicated time to such things, but I give Harthan a pass on this as handling a PPV-like show before a PPV is a tough challenge.

As for a lack of Ace David, my RP for the match did give an indication as to why Ace, and Dani, wasn't there; but I threw in references to them and Ricky for part of the nostalgia factor of the 100th episode.

This is a thing that I didn't really think about, which is a shame, I wish I had. Still, I'm pretty happy with MD100 overall. It might have improved with some rounding around the edges.

Lessons learned for MD200, I suppose. It's only approximately five years away, guys! GET HYPED

EDIT: Actually I guess AS100 is much closer, probably only like a year or so away.

I don't know why, but I always add refs and names; I don't know why, but it's always come instinctually. Jun always main events Meltdown, and such.

The criticism of the LMD match is very fair; the storyline I wanted to get over for LMD is that Amber pushes too much, because she feels it's such a big match. But yeah, that story got lost somewhere there; the pieces were there, I just didn't connect them.

Also, there was a reason for Kurtesy to do his segment with Vega; Kurtesy's been in the cell, but I actually forgot to have Kurtesy mention it. I used a combination of the Flair/Carlito promo from that time on Raw, and the Cutting Edge segment where Edge brought Mick Foley up, before Edge fought Taker in the cell at Summerslam.

Glad everything else was passable ;)

This is a thing that I didn't really think about, which is a shame, I wish I had. Still, I'm pretty happy with MD100 overall. It might have improved with some rounding around the edges.

Lessons learned for MD200, I suppose. It's only approximately five years away, guys! GET HYPED

EDIT: Actually I guess AS100 is much closer, probably only like a year or so away.

If I stick it out, I might actually be Head of Creative for MD200...

Just read over Meltdown. I guess I deserved that, but guys... For fuck's sake, when musical season comes up, can you not kill me next year? I'm in enough pain as it is! Dear God!

Just read over Meltdown. I guess I deserved that, but guys... For fuck's sake, when musical season comes up, can you not kill me next year? I'm in enough pain as it is! Dear God!

Let's see, Ricky Runn nearly killed Isabel last year, and became champion. Beard nearly kills Isabel, and he has the KFAD briefcase.

You know, we don't even need KFAD or the Gold Rush; our barometer for who we think will be in the main event should be getting to nearly kill Isabel Stone.

Side note; Killjoy really missed a chance there, when he didn't have Zeus wear a cape, and twirl his mustache.

Let's see, Ricky Runn nearly killed Isabel last year, and became champion. Beard nearly kills Isabel, and he has the KFAD briefcase.

You know, we don't even need KFAD or the Gold Rush; our barometer for who we think will be in the main event should be getting to nearly kill Isabel Stone.

Side note; Killjoy really missed a chance there, when he didn't have Zeus wear a cape, and twirl his mustache.

Snidely-whiplash-185x250.jpg

I cleaned up the application thread.

Putting this out there to Hyada and Haven - get me a tag team application whenever you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back