WWE: The Pittsburgh Sub-Regional

Angle vs. Nagata: We've seen this match before, and I think the outcome has been the same, Angle wins. Angle will have no problem winning this match.

Sid vs. Tully Blanchard: Sid should dominate Tully Blanchard in my opinion. Yes Blanchard is a better "wrestler" but he's outmatched in a guy like Sid. Sid is just pure power, and Blanchard has nothing in his arsenal to disable the big man.

Dusty Rhodes vs. Samoa Joe: I suspect the Samoan will win, but I will not be voting for him. Rhodes is a true legend, Samoe Joe is an indy star.

Muta vs. Jacque Rougeau: Beautiful matchup here. Essentially you ahve a true heel in Muta against a comedy heel in the Mounite. I suspect the Great Muta will win this one easily.

Angle takes Nagata, it's all but written in the stars.

I hate Sid, I really always have. Tully Blanchard was one of the best heels of the 1980s and put on some very entertaining matches. The problem is that Sid is simply too big, too strong and too stiff for Blanchard. Blachard's finisher was a slingshot suplex and that simply can't compare with Sid's power bomb. If Blanchard takes out the legs, he's gotta real shot. Blanchard, however, was a bit of a hothead and that sometimes got in his way, which is what I think would happen here.

For Rhodes and Joe, it could be potentially close. Rhodes is a legitimate legend in wrestling that wrestled damn near everybody in pro wrestling over the course of his career and won just about every major or well known NWA title from the 60s to the 80s. Despite his looks, Rhodes showed that he was pretty athletic overall. He wrestled many a broadway in his day. Samoa Joe hasn't proven to me that he can do it really. Joe is very very popular among independent fans, but he has a long way to go before he's proven to me that he's on the same level as Rhodes was in his prime.

As for Muta vs. the Mountie, Muta's gonna have little to no problem with this.

Round 2 Results:

Angle vs. Nagata: 34-1. Again, no real big surprise here. Angle is going to be a tough out for anyone in this tournament at this point.

Sid vs. Blanchard: 26-8: A dominate match for the big man. Tully is an impressive wrestler, but Sid is just that much more dominate.

Dusty Rhodes vs. Samoa Joe: 16-32. A legit big name goes home here in Dusty Rhodes. Consideredan upset by most, Joe moves on past the Dream.

Muta vs. Rougeau: 33-0. A skunking in the second round says a lot about the Great Muta. The master of the heel role dominates the mountie.

Round 3
Pittsburgh, PA.
#2. Kurt Angle
#15. Psycho Sid

26. Samoa Joe
10. The Great Muta

Kurt Angle vs. Psycho Sid
Sid might be huge and powerful,but no way does he go over the olympic champion.He will beat him as then great technical wrestler he is.He will get him on the ground and attach the ankle lock to set up his match against samoa joe.So angle goes over,but sid puts up a fight.

Samoa Joe vs. Great Muta
As was the case against the dream,he will beat him with pure brute force,but barely.Muta is one of the greatest heels ever,but Joe will just scrape it I think.Muta will pull out every trick in the book,including the mist,but Joe will take it and give out more.Joe will attach the clutch and get the win.But it could end up swinging in muta's favour.

Final Results from the Pittsburgh Sub Region.

Kurt Angle vs. Sycho Sid: 49-8. Kurt Angle is unstoppable at this point. the Olympic Gold Medalist has no problem taking out the former World Champion Monster Sid.

Samoa Joe vs. The Great Muta: 20-43. Joe's going to... get beat in the third round of the tournament. The Japanese Mainstay Muta manages to move on to his biggest challenge.

Round 4: The action moves to Madison Square Garden, featuring Kurt Angle vs. the Great Muta in a gimmick match to be determined.

What an honour for both wrestlers, getting to face each other in one hell of a match-up. If it comes to it, I am sure the man who wrestled with a broken frickin' neck can survive a little mist in his eyes. So I think this is the last stop for The Great Muta, unless he can get a group or support, the Olympic Gold Medalists moves on.

This really depends on the gimmick. While I think that Kurt SHOULD win, were this to be a ladder match, Muta could win. Besides the fact that he is a lot faster, he has the mist. If he can blind Kurt for just 10 seconds, the match is over. Muta wouldn't bother with any slow-climb crap.

I don't want to vote for Muta over anyone, but I think I have to here. Angle is a far better wrestler, and would win almost any match, but Muta does have the mist, and could blind Angle long enough to grab the briefcase for the win. I wish I could vote for Angle, but he's got too much working against him here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back