The WWE Region: General Discussion

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The WWE Region

The WWE Region is a region that is peformed under the basic WWE Rules. This year, the WWE Region is the host of the #1 overall seed of the tournament, and the winner of this region will face the winner of the TNA Region in the final four.

The Rules: The WWE Region is performed under the basic rules of the WWE. No hardcore rules, a basic four sided ring, if you see it on Raw, chances are, those are the rules of this match.

Madison Square Garden: The fourth and fifth rounds will be held in Madison Square Garden, the makeshift home of the WWE. The fourth round will feature a random gimmick match, while the fifth round holds two of the WWE's signature matches. To advance any further, the remaining contestants will either have to face off in a Tables, Ladders and Chair Match, or the dreaded Hell in the Cell.

Matchups.
The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Calgary, AL
1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
64. Mikey Whipwreck

32. "The Monster" Abyss
33. Haku/Meng

16. "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman
49. "The Japanese Buzzsaw" Yoshiro Tajiri

17. Antonio Inoki
48. "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk

8. Harley Race
57. K.E.N.T.A.

25. "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga
40. "Wrestlezone's Own" Konnan

9. "The King of Harts" Owen Hart
56. Super Crazy

24. The Honky Tonk Man
41. Barry Darsow (Smash/Krusher/Repo Man)

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: New York, NY
4. Mick Foley
61. Ted DiBiase Jr.

29. Rikidozan
36. Chris Sabin

13. "Ravishing" Rick Rude
52. The Warlord

20. Bruiser Brody
45. Wahoo McDaniel

5. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton
60. Riki Choshu

28. "The Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin
37. Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

12. The Ultimate Warrior
53. "The Task Master" Kevin Sullivan

21. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
44. Nigel McGuinness

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Pittsburgh, PA
2. "The Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle
63. The Berzerker

31. Yuji Nagata
34. "Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr.

15. "Sycho" Sid Vicious
50. The Sheik

18. Tully Blanchard
47. Dino Bravo

7. "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
58. Blue Demon

26. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe
39. Carlito

10. The Great Muta
55. Big Daddy V

23. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
42. Jacque Rougeau

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Miami, FL
3. The Rock
62. Justin Credible

30. Evan "Air" Bourne
35. THE Brian Kendrick

14. "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
51. Tatsumi Fujinami

19. Ron Simmons
46. Bad News Brown

6. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
59. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff

27. Rick "The Model" Martel
38. Bubba Ray Dudley

11. "The Big Red Machine" Kane
54. Frank Gotch

22. Nick Bockwinkle
43. "Shane O'Mac" Shane McMahon

Round 2.

Calgary, Al

Round 2.
1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
33. Haku/Meng

16. "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman
17. Antonio Inoki

8. Harley Race
25. The Samoan Bulldozer Umaga

9. "The King of Harts" Owen Hart
24. The Honky Tonk Man

Round 2 Matches:
Long Island, NY

4. Mick Foley
29. Rikidozan

13. Rick Rude
20. Bruiser Brody

5. Randy Orton
37. Brutus Beefcake

12. The Ultimate Warrior
21. Jimmy Snuka

Round 2 Matches.
Pittsburgh, PA.
#2. Kurt Angle
#31. Yuji Nagata

15. Sid Vicious
18. Tully Blanchard

7. Dusty Rhodes
26. Samoa Joe

10. The Great Muta
42. Jacque Rougeau

Round 2 Matches:
Miami, Fl.

3. The Rock
30. Evan Bourne

14. Arn Anderson
19. Ron Simmons

6. Curt Hennig
27. Rick Martel

11. Kane
22. Nick Bockwinkle

Round 3:
1. Bret Hart
17. Antonio Inoki

8. Harley Race
9. Owen Hart

Round 3.
Long Island, NY

4. Mick Foley
13. Rick Rude

5. Randy Orton
12. Ultimate Warrior

Round 3
Pittsburgh, PA.
#2. Kurt Angle
#15. Psycho Sid

26. Samoa Joe
10. The Great Muta

Round 3
Miami, Fl

3. The Rock
14. Arn Anderson

6. Curt Hennig
11. Kane

With the top four seeds being revealed in this region, I think it is wide open. You are dealing with three wrestlers that have been away from active full time wrestling for at least 7 years, and the fourth guy doesn't wrestle in the WWE anymore.

Bret Hart, as stated, has all of the momentum, but right now, Kurt Angle has to be the favorite. For some reason, people just buy into him. The Rock maybe a bigger name but there still is enough of a backlash against him for leaving the business. Foley is always a favorite, but if it comes down to one on one, how could Foley beat an Angle?

...or Bret Hart. he cant. So Foley is out id say, as the vast majority of this will be pure wrestling based, all of the top seeds are far superior to him in that field. It could be argued that Foley is more overmatched here than he HBK is in ECW. HBK has the sweet chin music. Foley has what exactly, as an equalizer??

Foley is one of my two all time favorite wrestlers, but even if he makes it to the gimmick rounds he's in trouble. There's one simple flaw in Foley being called the king of hardcore: can someone tell me the last time he won a hardcore match? I've been a fan of his for over 10 years and I can't remember a single win for him in one in over 10 years. The three top seeds, not even counting the other greats that will be in here, are going to be too much for him, barring some very surpising upsets. As for a winner, of those four I'll say Rock. Rock and Angle had some wars, and while he never faced Hart, I think that he could catch a fast Rock Bottom to score a big upset. I think it'll be Rock, but I'd be suprised if that's what happens, if that makes any kind of sense.

Even with the gimmick matches in this region. It's not all garbage wrestling. There is alot of psychology to be had in these matches. So far it looks like it's going to come down to Angle and Hart because of that. Sure Foley was known for the hell in a cell, but nowadays the HIAC is not used in the way it was before. So I'd say Foley will make it far, as will The Rock depending on who he faces and in what type of match. But its more than likely going to come down to Hart and Angle. Who knows though. Upsets are always fun.

I fail to see how this region could POSSIBLY come down to any two but Hart and Angle. Everyone talks about Bret's momentum, and it's absolutely there. Angle was one of the most legit guys ever in the WWF. Foley and Rock, as great as they are, just don't get that kinda love on these boards.

I also see it difficult for a lower seed to sneak past one of these guys, unless their name is Andre, Lesnar, Yokozuna, or Race. Yokozuna vs Hart is 50/50, And Race could beat Kurt. But we don't even know if any of them will be in this region.

This is how I see it. Foley is heavily outmatched right now. We have an incredible technical wrestler in Bret, we have an Olympic wrestler in Angle, and we have a very flashy young man in The Rock. Now The Rock, although good, will fall to either of the two better technical wrestlers, but not by much. So it comes down to my dream match, Angle vs Bret. Angle however I feel has been spending to much time in that six sided ring to beat Bret, even though Bret worked the WCW style for a while, he still has the WWF style down.

Foley is outmatched by the top 3, but he may be able to sneak a few wins against the lower seeds. He was never a horrible wrestler, but is not even close to the league that these 3 are in. It seems like everyone is forgetting he has a rather effective DDT as his finisher, and if you mix that with the Mandible Claw, he should be able to go over some smaller opponents.

Angle v. Hart is what this will come down to, barring Hart getting bounced in the gimmick rounds.

Hart can last in the gimmick matches. He was part of one of the first ever ladder matches, so the TLC is alright for him. The Hell in the Cell can be one without hitting the outside even, so Bret should be alright there. All in All, I can see Bret hitting the Sharpshooter onto The Rock while on top of the Cage for everyone to see.

Hart can last in the gimmick matches. He was part of one of the first ever ladder matches, so the TLC is alright for him. The Hell in the Cell can be one without hitting the outside even, so Bret should be alright there. All in All, I can see Bret hitting the Sharpshooter onto The Rock while on top of the Cage for everyone to see.

The same could be said for The Rock, concerning the Sharpshooter. The ankle lock would be pretty devastating as well. The three of them all have leg-based finishers, and know how to work the body to make it the most effective. If Foley makes it to Hell In A Cell, he all of a sudden becomes a favorite, as the rules turn to his favor, and wrestling would al lbut go out the window.

Foley is one of my two all time favorite wrestlers, but even if he makes it to the gimmick rounds he's in trouble. There's one simple flaw in Foley being called the king of hardcore: can someone tell me the last time he won a hardcore match? I've been a fan of his for over 10 years and I can't remember a single win for him in one in over 10 years. The three top seeds, not even counting the other greats that will be in here, are going to be too much for him, barring some very surpising upsets. As for a winner, of those four I'll say Rock. Rock and Angle had some wars, and while he never faced Hart, I think that he could catch a fast Rock Bottom to score a big upset. I think it'll be Rock, but I'd be suprised if that's what happens, if that makes any kind of sense.

Maybe that's cause Foley "retired" for wrestling full-time like 8 fucking years ago, and everytime he's come back for a match since, it's been to put over a young talent who is set to be the future of the business (with the exception of the shit feud with Flair), Foley was doing what most guys in his position should do, if your a semi-retired wrestler you shouldn't be coming back and beating the future of the company, you should be putting on great matches with them and putting them over, thus building them up in the process and makeing them look more legitimate, if you're going to look at Foleys career and vote for him you should take into consideration more what he did in his prime and not what he did in the last ten years, I mean seriously would you vote for Flair, Rock, Austin or Hogan based solely on the last 10 yrs. of their careers?

Kurt Angle and Bret hart are the favourites in this region. No one can touch them unless they run into each other. But by the time they do, it will be the rounds of gimmick matches.
Bret Hart and Kurt Angle are the best technical wrestlers in their own eras undoubtedly and a regular match between them would go down to the wire but anything that involves hardcore rules and use of weapons gives KURT the advantage (some slight others a bit more)

Foleys progress is more dependant upon the quality of opponents he faces in first three rounds . If he survives the hardcore rules (no DQ, falls count anywhere, hell in a cell, boiler room brawl ) will give him a massive advantage. Other stipulations like ladder match, TLC, iron man might lead to his downfall as other top 3 seeds seemingly have advantage of speed and stamina over him.

THE ROCK is truely a wild card and a dark horse. There is no way he could have won in WCW, ECW or TNA but he is in the WWE where he can beat the best of them (the likes of hogan , HHH, foley, angle) in a regular match. but going past the likes of angle would be difficult without a gimmick favouring him heavily. ANGLE holds advantage in most of the gimmick matches.

PREDICTION- ANGLE will win the WWE region.

Reactions: NSL
The one thing I am thinking about is Bret's famed finisher is a submission move, does ANYONE remember the Rock or Mick Foley ever tapping out? If Bret came up against the Rock I could not see the Rock tapping out. Whilst Bret is undoubtedly the better wrestler and could find other ways of putting the Rock away, the Rock's never say die attitude could give him enough room to hit a rock bottom for a surprise win.

Of course, the four of them need to get that far first. Foley may struggle to reach the gimmick matches, depends on his opponent.

All in all, can't wait for it to get started.

The one thing I am thinking about is Bret's famed finisher is a submission move, does ANYONE remember the Rock or Mick Foley ever tapping out?

The rock doesnt submit easily however BENOIT was able to make him tap on RAW once.
Foley doesnt tap but has lost twice after being put in submission holds. Once when he failed to escape from a submission hold put by his opponent on him he passed out by putting mandible claw on himself rather than tapping to opponents finishing move. The another incident was in the finals of the tournament to crown new WWE champion for the vacted WWE title. The Rock put the sharpshooter on foley and vince called for the bell ending the match in a screwjob finish and crowning THE ROCK as the new WWE champion. MICK FOLEY did not tap.

Ah yes I remember that RAW, it did take the Rock a while to eventually tap, but it was at the start of Benoit's big push I seem to remember.

So they can both take a lot of punishment, meaning Hart and Angle will find it extremely tough to put them away, these matches will all come down to stamina and perseverance.

all 3 top seeds (ROCK, ANGLE and HART) beat foley hands down as far as stamina is concerned

Yes they do, so they will beat him but not easily. That is if Foley gets that far. He could easily come up against someone like Benoit, Orton, RVD etc in the early rounds and come unstuck.

I still believe that this will come down to Kurt Angle and Bret Hart. Hart has massive support and all the momentum in the world, but I don't think that he deserves to win. I'm going to be fighting hard for Angle.

The new addition of Randy Orton changes things up. You can never count him out. He is like Shawn Michaels. Orton will take a beating all over the ring for twenty minutes but he can still pull out a quick RKO and win the match.

Foley is screwed, here.

I can't see how this couldn't come down to either Kurt Angle, or Bret Hart. But neither man can fair well in Hell in a Cell, or T.L.C..

Mick Foley might be one of the top names, but I'm predicting that he doesn't even make it out of the blocks. Foley's long shot hope is to make it to the Hell in a Cell match, as he can at least use the surroundings to his favor.

My personal pet peeve is that A LOT of people are jumping on this Bret Hart, Kurt Angle band wagon. Hart and Angle have the technical ability to be a major threat, but if Hart goes up against someone like Orton, that isn't to say an upset couldn't happen.

Bret Hart has lost matches to less talented individuals, and it's because Hart loses focus quite easily. Meanwhile, Angle is so intense, he could get caught up in a surprise moment. (ie. Sudden R.K.O.) I doubt people will vote against Hart or Angle, but they definately need to realize all the stipulations around the situation.

That's the one thing that worries me about this tournament, Will. There are a lot of people that aren't going to think about their vote before they cast it. They will hop on the bandwagon of their favorite wrestler and vote for him above everyone, even if they are clearly outmatched. Or, they will see someone like Triple H facing someone like Rob Van Dam. Triple H should take Van Dam easily, but what if it's an Ultimate X match? I just hope that people think things through properly before always voting Bret or whatever. If Orton and Bret meet, I'll pull hard for Orton.

Owen F'n Hart!

:lmao: No, I don't think he can win, but I certainly think that if the brackets are set up like I think they are, we could see a Hart Family reunion. And need I remind everyone..

WrestleMania X:

[youtube]A216xpgIQ_k[/youtube]
[youtube]0d8XhzMDAeQ&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]n2z2m2AKBmM&feature=related[/youtube]​

He defeated him AT WRESTLEMANIA X! This was on the same night, that Bret Hart later became the Heavyweight Champion. Do you realize that on that very note, unofficially, Owen Hart defeated the World Heavyweight Champion!? AT WRESTLEMANIA!

Owen Hart is Bret's worst enemy as far as surprises go. Curt Hennig might be second. But regardless, I will be voting Owen Hart over Bret, if that happens, as Owen deserves it.

I don't think Owen Hart will win in any way, shape or form.. but if Bret v. Owen happens, it'll be the worst possible pre-final's match that Bret could ever have.

I can't see how this couldn't come down to either Kurt Angle, or Bret Hart. But neither man can fair well in Hell in a Cell, or T.L.C..

Q. Who won the first and only 6 man Hell in a cell that featured RIKISHI, THE ROCK, UNDERTAKER, STONE COLD , HHH and KURT ANGLE?

ANS. IT WAS KURT ANGLE

ITS TRUE......ITS DAMN TRUE

Q. Who won the first and only 6 man Hell in a cell that featured RIKISHI, THE ROCK, UNDERTAKER, STONE COLD , HHH and KURT ANGLE?

ANS. IT WAS KURT ANGLE

ITS TRUE......ITS DAMN TRUE

Quit spamming in threads, and add opinion on your jibberish.

Wow, so Kurt Angle won a 6-man Hell in a Cell. Am I suppose to be impressed that Angle, (as if you watched that match) got lucky and pinned someone, after a series of finishing moves went back and forth between everyone?

Taker chokeslammed Rikishi off the Cell. That took them out of the picture. Austin, Rock & Triple H. all hit finishers on each other, opening the door for Angle to come in at the end and clean up the mess by taking the opening and win. Hardly what I'd consider Angle winning from anything HE did, as opposed to just being lucky and in the right place, and the right time.

When it comes down to it, in this tournament, it'll be Angle one-on-one with someone.. noone else can win the match for him.

Now, just to clearify, I'm not saying Angle can't win. I'm just saying, it's not going to be an element that will favor him. We'll have to wait and see who his opponent is.

Wow, so Kurt Angle won a 6-man Hell in a Cell. Am I suppose to be impressed that Angle, (as if you watched that match) got lucky and pinned someone, after a series of finishing moves went back and forth between everyone?

Will, tell me something, I'm getting quite hazy on these things. How exactly did Edge win his first WWE title? I dunno, that was a while ago now. Well, at least he won the world title fairl-- wait a second...

Shit, I'm debating again, aren't I? Fuck's sake!

Now, just to clearify, I'm not saying Angle can't win. I'm just saying, it's not going to be an element that will favor him. We'll have to wait and see who his opponent is.

If it's ever been shown that Angle can cope with gimmicks, it's his time in TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back