WWE Pittsburgh, Round 2, Match 2: #15 Sid Justice vs. #18 Tully Blanchard

Sid vs. Blanchard

• Sycho

• Tully

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE region under WWE Rules, From Pittsburgh, PA.

#15. Sid Justice
b9dec5ba4e704a618bb339aqe8.jpg

vs.

#18. Tully Blanchard
blanchard.jpg

I'm going with Sid. Tully was a masterful technical wrestler, but technical means jack shit if you're getting launched from one corner to another. Tully could never slingshot suplex Sid and this would be little more than a walk. Sid wins, but he shouldn't.

You know what. I'm a HUGE Tully Blanchard mark, and HATE Sid Vicious/Justice. The Slingshot Suplex is out of the question, but a foreign object from Baby Doll isn't. Blanchard will take Sid to school, Sid will have a few power moves, but in the end, Sid succumbs to the pile driver. He may not win, but BLANCHARD gets my vote.

Tully gave great promos and had some of the most entertaining matches of any company during the 1980s. Unfortunately, he's got no chance against Sid. I don't like Sid, I never have, but the guy was one stiff powerhouse with little regard to the health and safety of a lotta guys he got into the ring with.

Tully could give Sid a decent go if he went for those long legs of Sid, though Tully was also very much a hothead and he let his emotions get the best of him sometimes. Blanchard would need all the outside interference he could get but, since I assume that's out in this tournament, he's not gonna get past Sid.

I always liked Blanchard, but Sid is out of his league. Too big, too strong.

I think we all are forgetting one simple fact about this match.....

I'm trying to think what it could possibly be...

o-wwe-four-horsemen.jpg

Just something about this entire dynamic we happen to be ignoring. Can someone seriously help me, because maybe it has to do with any...

arn_anderson.jpg

possible....

photo-402.jpg

Advantage....

2870664321_ddcf7f5313.jpg

Oh my, that's right........ I forgot about the Four Horsemen, for Christ sakes! Do you really think the Horsemen aren't going to get involved in this match? Do you really believe that Arn Anderson, J.J. Dillon, Barry Windham, and Ric Flair aren't going to have some sort of say in this match. Hello, this is what the Horsemen do.

Blanchard himself is a very accomplished wrestler. This is man who's beaten the likes of Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A., and Wahoo McDaniel. But when you add the threat of the Horsemen to the matter, Tully just becomes a lot more dangerous. He is a former NWA National Heavyweight Champion, US Chmpion, TV Champion (when the belt mattered). He knows how to work against strong wrestlers, as evidenced by matches with Lex Luger and Magnum. At the end of the day, Sid just can't deal with all of the manipulation of the Horsemen.

Tully Blanchard in a bloody, screwball finish

Who would I rather watch? Tully Blanchard. Who was better in almost every single way? Tully Blanchard. Who would win? Sid.

Sid is lame, but he was a multiple time champion in two huge organisations while Tully was a midcarder/tag team wrestler throughout his career. He'd make Sid look like shit in this match before eventually being overpowered by the big man at the end.

If Tully can ask for the help of the 4 Horsemen, Sid, being the brain box that he is, calls for his stable. That being the Million $ Corporation. A truly dominant stable, they went after the likes of The Undertaker & Lawrence Taylor.

I'd forever pick a former WWF Champion over a mid carder.

Tully was a former mid carder, and Sid wasn't. He was awesome, he was big, and he would beat the hell out of Tully. This match won't be pretty, but Sid will win. Sid has beaten some of the best during his time in both the WWE and even WCW. If Tully had the horseman by his side, i could see him putting up a fight, but outside interference is pretty much a no go in the WWE. So that rules that out... Besides, i live in PGH, and I'd start throwing shit at Tully. :p

Sid Justice FTW

I hate Sid, I really do. Tully is better in so many ways, but this tournament is kickin' it kayfabe, and Sid was a beast in the ring. Blanchard would give him a run for his money, but Siddystein (I have no idea why I just called him that) hits him with a big boot. Picks him up and powerbombs him back into round 1.

Who would I rather watch? Tully Blanchard. Who was better in almost every single way? Tully Blanchard. Who would win? Sid.

What he said.

Tully was a far better wrestler, and a much better heel, but Sid wins. Sid has the strength, and size, advantage, and will use moves that Tully hasn't seen before (powerbomb and chokeslam). Tully may hold control for a little, but it only takes a second to deliver a chokeslam and end it.

Blanchard is a better "wrestler", Sid is a better fighter. If I'm in the rign with either one of these two, I would rather be in there with a guy like Blanchard as opposed to a complete nutball in Sid. Blanchard's mind games are all for not in this situation, because Sid is on a whole other planet as far as his mind is concerened.

Blanchard is an incredible Talent, but his finishing maneuver here is virtually non existant. Sid however, has that one game plan, beat people. He's beaten the likes of Hart and Michaels in their primes, and both were much better then Blanchard ever was during his prime.

And the Horsemen argument is irrelevant. The other Horsemen are all in other cities preparing for their own matches. If this match were in Tampa or Orlando, with Arn being in Miami, then maybe that argument would work, but not in this instance.

since this is a WWE ring, sid has won the WWE world title twice, and has main evented wrestlemanias and several other WWE PPVs. hes beaten the likes of bret hart,shawn michaels and vader. he was the last man to be eliminated out of the royal rumble in 92. tully's WWE career is that of a tag team wrestler, and that ain't absolutely nothing compared to what sid has done in WWE. tully was nothing more than a mid-card wrestler in the wonderful world of kayfabe. sid powerbombs the life out of tully and scores the win.

Oh my, that's right........ I forgot about the Four Horsemen, for Christ sakes! Do you really think the Horsemen aren't going to get involved in this match? Do you really believe that Arn Anderson, J.J. Dillon, Barry Windham, and Ric Flair aren't going to have some sort of say in this match. Hello, this is what the Horsemen do.

JT4HOF, sir, you have hit the nail on the head. If we are looking at the wrestlers in their prime, then The Horsemen unquestionably need to be accounted for in the match- and they are definately in Tully's corner. Yes, Sid is a big strong man. But he was a hot head. He wrestled on raw emotion. Tully on the other hand, was a masterful technician and ring psychologist who would tie Sid up in knots mentally. Just because SId is bigger and stronger does not mean he's better.

Sid will get plenty of shots in, but Tully gets the nod. With a little help from his friends, of course.

I have two flaws in the Horsemen theory. Number one, in this tournament, the Horsemen are in different cities. There's no one in Pittsburgh to make the save for Tully. The other point that I don't think anyone has mentioned: Sid was a Horsemen too. Ric Flair may be a lot of things, but above all else he is smart. He would know better than to tick off a monster like Sid that could come hunting for him. The Horsemen are a non factor in this match and it's one on one. One on one with Sid is hard enough for anyone, but for soemone of Tully's size, it just isn't going to happen.

I have two flaws in the Horsemen theory. Number one, in this tournament, the Horsemen are in different cities. There's no one in Pittsburgh to make the save for Tully.

I see where you're going with this, but I read into the tournament set up differently. Voting is suppose to be based on a wrestler at the prime of their career. Tully's prime was during his stint as a Horsemen. In my mind, that means they are hanging around either at ring side or in the back waiting to get involved.

The other point that I don't think anyone has mentioned: Sid was a Horsemen too. Ric Flair may be a lot of things, but above all else he is smart. He would know better than to tick off a monster like Sid that could come hunting for him.

I addressed this- maybe not as directly as I should have. I stressed that the Horsemen would be in Tully's corner. I say this because I wouldn't name Sid's time with the his Horsemen as his prime. I think Sid's prime would have come a little later in his career when he had success in the WWE.

The Horsemen are a non factor in this match and it's one on one. One on one with Sid is hard enough for anyone, but for soemone of Tully's size, it just isn't going to happen.

The Horsemen have to be a factor in this match. In fact, they would have to be a factor in any match involving Flair or Anderson as well if you take into consideration that Flair and Anderson were in their primes as members of the group. The Horsemen were just too influential in the matches that involved their members. Tully would be able to hold his own against Sid without the Horsemen; but with them at his side, it would have given him the advantage he needs to move on.

Sid main evented a wrestlemania and held the WWF and WCW titles on multiple occasions. Tully is a great wrestler, but his techincal skills wouldn't be that effective against the big man. Sid would use his size and strength and would pick up the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back