WWE Pittsburgh, Round 2, Match 1: #2 Kurt Angle vs. #31 Yuji Nagata

Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata

• Angle

• Nagata

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WWE Region, under WWE rules, from Pittsburgh, PA.

#2. Kurt Angle
kurt-angle_foto_25701hoxefwsbaj.jpg

vs.

#31. Yuji Nagata
3915446_std.jpg

In Japan, this is a classic. In TNA, this is a stomping. Nagata was below average at best in WCW and since TNA is now WCW, this is a walk for Angle. 15 minute match, Angle makes Nagata tap like a bitch.

Angle takes this easily. It's hard pressed to find someone who could compete with the Olympic Hero. Yuji Nagata is a solid Japanese wrestler, but is no match for the Olympic Slam and Ankle Lock.

Angle wins.

Nagata's overrated, in my opinion. Hiroshi Tanahashi is ten times the wrestler Yugi Nagata could ever dream of being if you ask me.

Anyway, Angle whooped this guy's ass once and he'd certainly be able to do it again, especially since, as KB mentioned, this match is in TNA and Kurt's hometown no less.

This boils down to the fact that they wrestled each other last year for the New Japan title in Japan and Angle won a classic. In Angle's backyard, he'd probabaly get the win a bit easier, but there's no reason that he wouldn't pick up the win again, to be honest.

Yuji Nagata is pretty much the only Japanese wrestler I do rate, and it's pretty much entirely down to that match with Angle. Although it was a back-and-forth match, Angle got a clear cut win. I mean, Nagata's finisher is a kick. Hmm, I wonder if Kurt can counter that with something. Perhaps something in the ankle area...

Anyway, yeah, Angle wins.

I got Angle here. Like I said in round one, I think Angle could very easily win this, depending on what gimmick matches he faces later on. In TNA, in Angle's hometown, this is a no brainer. Angle hits the Angle Slam, takes down the straps and locks in the Ankle Lock and Nagata taps out and Angle holds on just for good measure, putting the whole tournament on notice.

Nagata's overrated, in my opinion. Hiroshi Tanahashi is ten times the wrestler Yugi Nagata could ever dream of being if you ask me.

Anyway, Angle whooped this guy's ass once and he'd certainly be able to do it again, especially since, as KB mentioned, this match is in TNA and Kurt's hometown no less.

Uh, no. It's in WWE.

Not that it matters, Kurt still wins. He's not going to have any real test until the end of this sub-region, and even then, he should be a heavy favorite. There's no holes in his game, and he's too good on the mat to be beaten by anyone.

I also fully expect a few "U-S-A!" chants during the match, further pushing Angle to victory.

Angle, in a walk. This match has happened recently, and in japan, and Angle walked out with his hand raised. Granted, both men are probably several years removed from their primes, but I can't see the otucome being any different. Kurt Angle is a machine, and when he's in Pittsburgh, he wins. He's beaten Austin for the title in Pittsburgh, he's defended the title successfully against Brock Lesnar in Pittsburgh. Nagata, whilea great and under rated stateside, won't standa chance here.

So if Angle can win a match against Nagata in Japan, I'd say he's a shoe-in for taking the match in Pittsburgh. Kurt is probably the best pure wrestler to ever set foot in WWE, and able to actually demonstrate the ability to entertain while doing it. Ok, I haven't really seen Nagata do much. He's not bad from what I've seen... but he's not Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back