WWE Pittsburgh, Round 3, Match 1: #2 Kurt Angle vs. #15 Sid Justice

Kurt Angle vs. Sid Justice

• Olympic Hero

• Sychopath

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under basic WWE Rules, from Pittsburgh, PA.

#2. Kurt Angle
kurt-angle.jpg

vs.

#15. Sid Justice
sycho-sid.jpg

I only need to post one thing in relation to this match, and that's this:

Not for the squeamish.

[youtube]DQ_RR9WjUlI[/youtube]

If Sid's ankle breaks from a short jump, just imagine what Kurt's going to do to it. Break it again, that's what. Tap-tap-taparoo.

Well as compelling of an argument as that was, it's far from Sid's prime, the guy was a WCW and WWF champion, and probably could have been ECW champion if he stayed around long enough. The Sid of 2001 in that video was not the sid of ten years prior.

I'm not saying Sid wins this match, but I'm saying the guy has had success against everyone that was put in front of him. He has victories over guys like Hart and Michaels, was fairly successful in WCW.

I think Angle wins this one, and not even because of Sid's ability to gruesomely snap his leg in two. Sid did beat a fair number of people back in the day, but he was pretty much based on a power game. A wrestler as technically gifted as Angle could quite easily ground him, and then be able to lock in the ankle lock. He isn't even to heavy to be Olympic Slammed, so I think Angle takes this one fairly easily and progresses to the regional final.

Angle has done pretty well over the years against really big guys, like Sid Vicious. He holds several wins over the superior big man the Undertaker and has also defeated Kane, Abyss and the Big Show on several occasions as well. Angle has no problem taking on giant powerhouses like Sid Vicious. Sid would be tapping out to the ankle lock. Oh it's true...it's damn true!

Sid in his prime beat many of the biggest names out there and he can beat Angle. However, Kurt has faced many opponents bigger and stronger than Sid and I believe he will be able to get Sid on the ground and work on him from there. Sid will give him hell though but Angle will come out victorious after a good 20-30 minute match.

Kurt Angle's beaten the undertaker, who sid could not defeat. he also holds a win against hulk hogan who sid couldn't beat. angle has beaten several big names such as shawn michaels, rock, austin, triple h etc. hes beaten bigger names than sid has. angle would make sid scream uncle and gain the victory.

Kurt Angle takes the win here. He is a very good technical wrestler and should be able to defeat Sid.

While Sid is very accomplished, Kurt is far more accomplished than him.

Angle can win this match in 2 different ways. Either a pin or submission.

If he pins Sid, he shouldn't have much trouble picking him up for the Angle Slam, He was able to Angle Slam The Big Show when he was 500Ib's, So Sid should not be any different. Or he can make him Tap out, which also shouldn't be a problem for him.

Kurt Angle wins this, and it's a little easier than everyone thinks. Angle is a legit wrestler who can get anyone off their feet. Sid being off his feet isn't as dangerous as Sid can be on his feet.

Vicious' entire game is oriented on being on his feet pushing people around. He knows a few submissions such as the Japanese sleeper, but Angle can get out of almost any predicament.

Vote: Kurt Angle

I'm with Shocky. I don't know if Sid wins this, but he had a habit of giving the top talent of any promotion fits. He rarely lost a big match clean and I think I only recall him tapping once. Also, his mind is so far out there that I'm not sure how Angle's mind games and intensity work here. Angle will have his work cut out for him, but I think in the end he pulls it off. If he gets enough work on that ankle, SId isn't powerbombing or chokeslamming anyone. Angle will take this, but I'd like to see this match as Sid just has a weird thing to him that I can't place.

Kurt Angle's going to take this one, no question in my mind. Sid got by Blanchard based on sheer power and, while Blanchard's not a bad wrestler, he's nowhere near Angle's league. Angle has proven he can go with guys as big and as strong as Sid and are far superior wrestlers at the same time. I'm not saying Angle won't get tossed around a bit, maybe even a lot. I don't think it'd be a cake walk for Angle, but he'll come out with a win in the end.

Sid will probably dominate this match, and make Angle look pretty weak for most of it. But, he'll botch something, in it's in his nature. Before you even watch the leg break, look at the War Games match where he almost killed Brian Pillman. Twice.

As soon as he makes a botch, it's an Angle Slam and an ankle lock for the win.

Sid has what I am now going to call the Lex Luger effect, which consists of "oh he has a good look but he cant wrestle".

Anyway, I am voting for the psycho, Angle's good but so was Sid, a technical games fine but in the long run it's no better than being a brawler or a showman (thank you Smackdown vs Raw 2008) and Sid was one of the best at what he did.

Angle gets a few near falls but in the end the chokeslam gets him, or the powerbomb, or a pair of scissor's. Sid was another one of those guys that for the best part of his career was damn near unbeatable.

I'd lean Sid at first, because his bowl defunctions would seem to be more of a submission threat than anything, but others have dealt with it and moved on during the match.

Kurt Angle has the ability to absolutely wear down Sid, very effective on a big man taking away his strength, and wear him down throughout the course of the match. Sid is overpowering, but Angle does enough damage to recover inbetween spots and takes this one.

Sid was pushed to the moon early in his career. He beat almost anybody who was anybody, including HBK, Bret Hart, Sting, Flair, and he kicked out of Hogan's leg drop and may have won if not for interference ending the match. Sid wasn't just some other superheavyweight, in his prime, he was regarded as the most powerful force in the ring. I expect most of you to be too young to remember pre WWF Sid Vicious, but he was terrifying. Angle is great, don't get me wrong, but Sid in his prime could beat anyone.

you know what i went with the underdog here full knowing he won't win this vote but just to help sid out a little. Few people must of forgot how intimidating, successful, and just plain badass this man was as sid justice in his 1st wwf run. Thats the sid i'm picking to beat angle. He was standing toe to toe with hogan at this time and this was hogans pinnacle as the man and i don't think any incarnation of angle would be able to do that. And he was also man handling other monsters such as taker who was getting pushed at that time.

I'm going with Kurt. I'm a big fan of Sid, as I feel he gets a ton of unwarranted hate on him, but he's outmatched by Angle here. Sid, when it comes down to it, is one dimensional. He doesn't have the mat game that can save him if and when Kurt Angle takes out one of those big legs of his. This is why Angle did well against the likes of Kane, but struggled a lot with the Undertaker. Teh Undertaker adapted his game, and was able to go to the mat, but a big one dimensional guy like Kane couldn't change. Sid is more of a Kane then Undertaker. Sid is all power, and has always been power. Once the power game is taken away when Angle takes him off of his vertical base, this match is over.

I, too, have always been a huge Sid Vicious fan. I even criticize him a heap, but only because he didn't deserve certain situations he was placed in. (Such as the Mania VIII Main Event)

I think Sid could more than over-power Kurt Angle, but I don't think Sid has as much chance to win over Angle, as Angle would over Sid. As Shocky said, Angle can take out the legs then work the ground game.. such as he did with Kane, and had great success in doing so.

Vicious will look to use the simplistic power moves that got him far in the business, but as times change, so do advantages and ways to overcome things. Angle isn't from the same era in time Sid was, but if these two were to meet based on both being in their prime, Angle would win due to knowing exactly how to work against Vicious.. whereas Vicious wouldn't know how to counter Angle's speed, yet ability to withstand the power punishment, or constant counters and submissions.

Angle shouldn't have a huge problem with winning, but he'll definitely be worn out before this one's over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back