• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Survivor Series: Team Foley VS Team Ziggler

The Brain

King Of The Ring
20121113_EP_LIGHT_SurvivorSeries_match_teamfoleyziggler_C.jpg

Tonight on Raw we got the announcement of Team Foley vs. Team Punk for Survivor Series. For those that missed it here are the teams

Ryback, Randy Orton, Kane, Daniel Bryan, & Kofi Kingston (with Foley in their corner) vs.
CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, & Miz

I’m not crazy about the teams but they’re not too bad. Overall it’s a pretty generic Survivor Series match. Nothing bad but not anything great either. I don’t know why Cena would be left out of this match. That doesn’t make sense to me. Also I’m not sure why Foley is even involved at all. Is this leading to a match between Foley and Punk? If not, why is Foley sticking his nose in Punk’s business? I’m sure over the next couple weeks we’ll see all sorts of matches involving these guys. As for the ppv match I assume Ryback will the sole survivor getting the pin on Punk since it’s not a title match keeping his push going.

By the way, I would have preferred this matchup instead

Ryback, John Cena, Randy Orton, Jerry Lawler (Foley if Lawler is unable to go), & Kofi Kingston vs.
CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, & Miz

While teams keep certain feuds going, I suppose I am underwhelmed - I was expecting Brock and Rock to maybe be on each team although I suppose this match has been made for the sole focus of Ryback. I predict a 5-1 situation with Ryback going through every Team Punk member.

This will be the first PPV in a long time where the title hasn't been defended.

It seems like one obvious goal was to use the match to combine four feuds. It isn't like that was necessary, but since that is the route that WWE chose to go, Punk having both of his current foes involved would mess up the ratio since someone else would have to be excluded. (for example no Kofi would mean that Miz wouldn't have his current foe involved.) Obviously I am very aware of Cena's prestige and the fact that he wouldn't need to have a large role if in the match so it isn't like his exclusion isn't noticeable, but at the same time it is possibly wise for WWE to not include him so that he can be at his best for the important months ahead. (Not that another injury can't happen at some point regardless ).

I'm okay with this match it should be a very solid match but this is clearly being made for Ryback to look strong at all costs. I could see Lesnar getting involved and wwe setting up lesnar vs ryback at the rumble cause neither Ryback or Lesnar need to be in the rumble as it would look bad for them to lose so maybe they use this to set up a rumble match. however i don't expect that to happen i expect Ryback to pin punk to win the match and it could very likely become a 5 on 1 match where ryback goes through all of team Punk to win the match. anyways i expect a good match nothing great but solid but does this mainevent or do you give that to show vs sheamus?

I thought we would at least get Brock on Team Punk, but I am ok with this I guess. It seems the main purpose will be for Ryback to look strong. I could see him taking out all of team Punk in this one. It seems like maybe they have something planned for Cena and Ziggler, and that could be the reason they were left out. Not sure what Foley's purpose here is either. Will it lead to a match between the two at TLC? My prediction is Ryback is the sole survivor building his momentum.

im pumped that we are getting a traditional match. but this match also means 3 titles wont be defended. im curious on how the rest of the card will look.

Why it isn't said as Team Ryback vs Team Punk? which it actually is! WWE knows Ryback has not shown any leadership qualities or any quality for that matter to head a group. Randy might take offence that he should be the team leader. Its named Team folly to keep Randy happy or they know Ryback can't carry a team by himself.
It should have been named Team Folly vs Team Heyman but that would mean all members should be Heyman guys and heyman might take offence there.
So much for the teams and naming. Coming to the members i expected Jinder Mahal and Cesario in the Punk's team. They need push, the team formed almost all members are well known and this will just further their feud not much help to their future.
That said i do expect Team Punk to win here heels do need to win and Punk's team has been kinda jobbing to babyfaces for too long they need to win.

My only concern now is to how their going to fill up the rest of the card....
just like dirty hall suggested 3 titles will not defended
oe match that seems to be a lock is sheamus vs the big show and aj somehow being involved against vickie.but the rest looks slim.

I am keen on the traditional ss match though.i just feel they should somehow involve the rock now as royal rumble will be just two months from there on.....and with a match that big they would need some big building up to do.

also i would prefer cena not being involved in a major match this could well be a good chance for wwe to see how the buy rates go with punk foley and fresh of the beat ryback orton being involved together.not sure that wwe will be willing to take that that kind of a risk with a bis ppv though....keen to see what hapens

also i would prefer cena not being involved in a major match this could well be a good chance for wwe to see how the buy rates go hapens

I'm fairly sure Cena verse Ziggler is going to happen, Ziggler will go over, win or loss, to make him look strong as he CASHES IN! later in the night!

There has been talk of Ric Flair managing Dolph Ziggler. Vikkie is currently the Managing Supervisor of Monday Night Raw. To me this is screaming a Ric Flair return, who will become the permanant GM of Raw (replacing Vikkie's Temporary role) Dolph will dump Vikkie and side with Flair. No better way to push Ziggler than have a Survivor Series match with Cena with Ric Flair in his corner. Seems like they are already planting the seeds for something like this to happen.

Onto the Topic and the 5man Elimination match-

Mick Foley didn't even need to announce his team. After Heyman had introduced Team Punk, it was plain obvious that Foley's team would be Ryback, Kofi, Orton and Team Hell No. Was hoping Heyman would introduce Brock Lesnar as a team member, i guess they want to save Brock's dates for next year.

Possible Elimination order -

- Cody Rhodes pins Kane (DBry and Kane argue and Rhodes blindsides Kane with a roll up)

- Damien Sandow pins Daniel Bryan (Kane Chokeslams Bryan for getting him eliminated, Sandow scores an easy pin)

- The Miz pins Kofi Kingston (making it 2 on 5)

- Ryback pins Sandow & Rhodes after a Double Shellshock. (Punk could be fighting on the outside with Foley with Del Rio & Miz double teaming Orton)

- Randy Orton Pins The Miz

- Alberto Del Rio pins Randy Orton

- Ryback pins Alberto Del Rio

- Ryback pins CM Punk

I like how WWE went about this personally. It doesn't sound like a barn burner on the surface, but neither did Sheamus vs. Big Show at HIAC. The match should be packed with great storytelling and the fact that they're using a traditional Survivor Series match as the main event for the show is refreshing. In all fairness, it's been quite a long time since a traditional Survivor Series match has been the overall centerpiece of the event.

While it's not really necessary, I do like that they've combined all these feuds for the 5 on 5 elimination match. We don't see these type of matches very often in WWE so the novelty of this feels fresh to me. These matches have also been ways for young stars on the roster to sometimes have standout moments.

Ultimately, I do look for Team Foley to come out with a win. I just don't see Ryback getting eliminated here. Since the top brass allegedly has a massive hard on for the guy, it wouldn't surprise me if Ryback goes Hulk and takes out the entire opposing team single handedly. I most certainly hope that doesn't happen. I like Ryback ok, I do think the guy has potential in the long run, but I'm not crazy about the idea of WWE using the match for the primary purpose of making Ryback look great at the combined expense of five top heels.

Well, that was disappointing...I was at least hoping for Brock to be on team punk, and at most Rock on Mick's team as well.

I like traditional survivor series match but it leaves you to wonder about the rest of the card really. Unless Brock vs. HHH rematch really happens, I think the card will probably be a weak one. I wished they`d leave hell no and Rhodes Scholar out of this. With all the tag teams out there, I would have like some tag team battle royal match for the titles.
Anyway, I think Ryback will probably get the rub here, specially with no title on the line.

I'm okay with this match it should be a very solid match but this is clearly being made for Ryback to look strong at all costs. I could see Lesnar getting involved and wwe setting up lesnar vs ryback at the rumble cause neither Ryback or Lesnar need to be in the rumble as it would look bad for them to lose so maybe they use this to set up a rumble match. however i don't expect that to happen i expect Ryback to pin punk to win the match and it could very likely become a 5 on 1 match where ryback goes through all of team Punk to win the match. anyways i expect a good match nothing great but solid but does this mainevent or do you give that to show vs sheamus?

The Rock is competing for the Title and then there is the Rumble match, the PPV will sell itself so surely Lesnar vs Ryback should be saved for another PPV event!!!

It would be nice in the coming weeks if they run an injury angle and Rock or Brock replace 1 or 2 of the talents.

im pumped that we are getting a traditional match. but this match also means 3 titles wont be defended. im curious on how the rest of the card will look.

I presume some of the performers will be doing double duty, as has happened before at Survivor Series. After all, if everyone on Team Punk and Team Foley wrestle only the survivor match, there won't be enough talent to fill out the rest of the card.....and the Survivor Series is, after all, supposed to be one of the big PPVs of the year, no?

I'm not crazy about the big match; it's just the same people we see every week portraying the same characters without apparent antagonism toward each other: Kofi will look exciting but be eliminated early, Team Hell No will argue with each other, Randy Orton will look like a world beater before being eliminated, etc. etc. etc.

I kind of wish Brock Lesnar would show up for this one, even though I've been less than enamored of his WWE stay. If he doesn't show up at all, we can presume it's because of the "limited appearances" deal he signed at the beginning. Big whoop for him.

Hopefully, the rest of the card will start to look attractive as it plays out.

The thing that worries me most about this match is Ryback and Randy being on the same team. You have to assume they're gonna make Ryback look as strong as possible, and I think that's going to interfere with Randy's SS record of always being the last member of his team

The thing that worries me most about this match is Ryback and Randy being on the same team. You have to assume they're gonna make Ryback look as strong as possible, and I think that's going to interfere with Randy's SS record of always being the last member of his team

They could have Ryback and Randy as the final 2 guys. I'm pretty sure there have been times when he wasn't sole survivor. Hell, I'm pretty sure he's lost a SS Match. What streak are you talking about?

Rybacks' going to get the final pinfall over Punk, effectively ending their little mini feud and sending them in other directions. Ryback has never shown interest in the title itself, so having it end on a non title victory seems like it would work out just fine.

My dream ending is the end is Punk left v Orton and Ryback and just when Ryback has Punk beat again Orton turns on him and RKOs him and FINALLY turns heel.

I feel that the WWE dropped the huge ratings ball that they have been going for. Yes team punk vs. team foley could be huge....but instead its Hell in a cell...in 1 match. I could be wrong but I believe this is the 25th survivor series....it needed to be big. Now I'm sure somehow they will do something with Cena to overshadow the 5-5, such as challenging Dolph for the MITB contract, or fighting Dolph to get AJ back in power, and opening the door for Flair to manage Dolph when he once again gets the shaft and ditches Vicki. But why not have Brock on team Punk...or Taker on team foley since he did debut at Survivor Series. Also with the potential Lesnar/Taker thoughts at WM, or Punk/Taker possibilities, there were so many possibilities, and they dropped the ball. But i would like to see Orton turn heel, that would be a great time.

With this Match being Announced, I'm also curious how the card will play out. I don't expect a great buy rate for this ppv knowing how people wont pay that much for this kind of lineup. So we have the 5 on 5 Match. Then we Have Cena vs Ziggler. Then Show vs Sheamus. Then Eve vs ? (AJ). Then Cesaro vs (some jobber), They need to have one more Survivor Series Matchup... Possible Superstars... Wade Barrett, Tensai, 3MB... vs Ray/Sin Cara, Brodus, Ryder, Santino?

Nope this match will be changed soon i wouldn't be Shocked if Cena and Ziggler replaced Kofi and Miz on their respective teams, in which we would get another Kofi vs Miz , ICC Match which would so now the teams of this Traditional Survival Series match would stand as ,Team Foley: Cena, Orton, Team Hell No, and Ryback. Vs Team Punk : Ziggler, Rhodes Scholars ,Alberto Del Rio ,and CM Punk with team Foley picking up the Victory by the way of Ryback pinning Punk .

You would like to see Lawler in the team? Are you trying to be funny or what?

1. Heart Attack.
2. Shouldn't be in the ring anyway.
3. He shouldn't even be on commentary.

Anyway, this looks like 2 good teams, I don't see the point of Foley being involved yet though, but we'll see I guess.

I'm guessing Brock Vs HHH II is coming at this point, because that big 5 on 5 leaves the rest of the card looking a little thin. But I'm hoping we'll be hearing more on that next week and there will be some new stories added.

I like how this match shapes up. It keeps feuds going without wasting repeat matches from the month before. It allows them to keep going through to the next pay-per view and into the Royal Rumble. Then from that point they start the road to Wrestlemania feuds.

Also people clamouring for Cena to be part of this match is somewhat silly. You have to keep some big people for other matches as Survivor Series is still viewed as a Marquee PPV by many as an original big 5. As it looks like with Cena mixed up in an AJ/Vicki feud a match with Dolph Ziggler could be in the cards. It would be a chance for Ziggler to really cement himself in a match against the companies biggest star.

Otherwise you got retread and throw-away type matches on the card. Here is what the show may look like in my opinion

Big Show vs Sheamus WHC match
Team Foley/Ryback vs Team Punk
John Cena w/AJ Lee vs Dolph Ziggler w/Vicki Guerrero
Antonio Cesaro vs R Truth United states championship Match
Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara vs Prime Time Players

And some other random match thrown in

WoW I was out of wrestling for 3 weeks due to travel and come back to Goldberg's crappy clone headlining the PPV. This has to be more CM flunk bs, plus then you get these moronic fans chanting feed me more. How did Ryback get such a jump start. But I digress to the pointless match coming up.

WWE has been avoiding the survivor series type matches for years now they want to bring them back and for what? Mick Foley is a pointless fat figure that has no business on the recording side of the camera. Then they are just combining almost all the feuds together to make no point other than to ruin any title shots.

This is how stupid this match is WWE champ, IC champ, Tag Champs on one team then their current feuds on the other side, I am glad big show and cesaro are heels of the teams would have looked even stupider.

Why is Orton/del rio still a feud? Why is Miz still struggling with the IC title crap, does this mean Kofi is World title Material?

Now that you have taken away nearly all the title then what? Smackdown will need a 2 teams then you roster is dead with talent-less clowns and we will see some stupid teams soon like 3 man band +1 vs Santino, Cobra and Ryder +1.

It should be More like this

PTP/Rhodes scholars vs Masked Midgets and Team Hell No - This is pure tag team talent together heels can hate each other just to get that final pin.

Cm Punk should build a team like himself and the 3 man band this way Ryback can squash them leaving punk to face...Ryback,Gabriel, Santino and Ryder. Punk can destroy the other three leaving him and Ryback. Lesnar interferes ( this happens anyways no matter the teams.)

This way you can add a few more Survivor matches like:
Team Awesome V Team Boom boom
Miz Kofi
Cesaro Truth
Del rio Orton ( if these stupid Feud most go on)
Barrett Clay

Survivor series is the perfect turning point to begin new feuds but when you step in the shit and keep the same old feuds gong they are just going to move tot eh next PPV. 1v1 is how feuds end....Never do they end now a days on a mixed tag/group tag match those matches are reserved pre ppvs.

Another Idea I like is Big Show recruiting his team Mark Henry, Mason ryan and Tensai.... Sheamus has problems since all the other teams are filled he is stuck with Trent Barretta and Tyson Kidd, he is left stuck with only three and has no help. The night of the event show dominates the two putzes after Kidd elimnates Henry...Henry takes of Kidd he can no longer compete. Sheamus is getting a serious beat down by Ryan,Tensai and show when the lights go out. When the lights come on Sheamus is outside the ring tensai and ryan are out cold with The undertaker standing above them The pin is count and Show and taker go at it. Show Knocks out Sheamus again and gets the win, he KO punches taker and he sits right up and again on the third attempt he hits hell's gate and wins.

Survivor series should be the next to go away it is no longer what it was.

Big Show vs Sheamus WHC match
Team Foley/Ryback vs Team Punk
John Cena w/AJ Lee vs Dolph Ziggler w/Vicki Guerrero
Antonio Cesaro vs R Truth United states championship Match
Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara vs Prime Time Players

And some other random match thrown in

You forgot the pointless Divas match. But for the most part I think you hit the nail on the head this is exactly the crappy card you will receive. Funny thing is Look at it HITC had nearly the same card Change of US title contender and adding Cena to the card. But basically the same shit we saw on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back