• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Survivor Series 2011 - US Championship - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. John Morrison

Marijuanaleaf

Dark Match Winner
Moderator's Comment said:
This was announced on WWE.com today. It is NOT a spoiler.

At Survivor Series, arguably the best United States Champion of this decade Dolph Ziggler will compete in two matches as he did at Vengeance.

We rarely see a Superstar get booked in two matches in the same night not because the WWE doesn't usually over-book but because they don't air it. It's not unusual that Ziggler has two matches in one night, it's unusual that both will be aired and have a storyline to them. Usually what happens is when the show goes off air, some Superstars will have dark matches, not to be seen on TV.

What they're trying to do with Ziggler is get him respect from the fans. The WWE is quickly molding Dolph into the Main Eventer he is destined to be.

The down side is that this may cause some irrelevance. John Morrison came out of nowhere and faced Ziggler, now he has a title match. Christian is injured out of nowhere, Ziggler's in the traditional Elimination Tag match.

Honestly, these storylines could have been much better thought out. Is it a good idea to have Dolph competing twice on air in one night or will WWE lose this storyline due to confusion?

I think its an interesting idea. It's obvious they have plans for getting Ziggler into the main event soon so I'm thinking this is how they are trying to do it, have him wrestle 2 matches for a PPV so when Ryder finally wins the US title it doesn't make Ziggler look weak and in turn frees him up so they can put him higher up on the card. On top of that Ziggler can put on consistently good matches so I think its a way to get more mileage out of your PPV as Ziggler is proven that he can show up to work a good match.

I'm also excited to see Ziggler move up and most likely break out on his own soon. My guess is after he loses the US title, Swagger will beat Ryder which will give him and Vickie leverage to act like Ziggler is a weak link and cut him loose (even though he's wrestling multiple matches a night). If they go this route I think it could work well for Ziggler as I think its obvious this is all ending up for a Ziggler face turn. After a small program with Swagger he will move on to bigger and better things.

I think it all comes down to they want Ziggler in the main event so they are figuring out a way to make him more relevant with the fans and to get him to the next level.

EDIT: I guess he's fighting Morrison now, so replace Ryder with Morrison.

I was just about to post this topic and yes, another ppv where he'll have two matches!

However, clearly wwe had no intention of this happening - he's in the 5 on 5 match because of christians injury. I do believe they will now use this to break him away from his current mould with vickie and maybe even as a heel. I think he would make a good face and even in liverpool, he had a pretty good fanbase and 'Lets go Ziggler' chants throughout his match! His matches are good enough to make the crowd cheer him on and im sure if he did become face, he'll have more freedom with his moveset as a result, which will really help set him onto the next level.

I love the fact that WWE is pushing Ziggler like this...they just need to work it a little better with the storylines. Maybe have Ziggler announce week after week that he is a better champion and deserves that title and will do anything to keep it.

Then have JL place him into the SS match and say oh BTW, you also have a US title match that night. Zigler can bitch about for a bit and then say that he will prove that he is stronger than (insert champion) and will wrestle 2 matches to prove it.

Adding JoMo to the mix might be WWE trying to sweeten the pot to keep him there by giving him the match and maybe the title with a feud against Ryder. That would allow Ziggler to break away from the title mid-card scene and hopefully start pushing his way into the ME scene.

Ziggler is going to lose one way or another Sunday...

1a) Morrison beats him with Vickie interfering again, causing Zigs to drop here
OR
1b) Heel turn by Morrison after Vickie tries to interfere and Ryder comes out costing Morrison the title.

2) Ziggler wins his US match but is taken out early in the SS match.

I can see scenario #1, either of them, happening more than I can 2. Ziggler is a fill-in, I dont see him being eliminated early. Since it seems he is on par to be in the ME scene soon, I can see him taking out1 or 2 guys before going down.

Having Ziggler compete in two matches in one night should serve well in further establishing as a credible main eventer in the future, even more so if Ziggler can beat Morrison and be one of the survivors in the Survivor Series elimination match.

As far as his match with Morrison is concerned, I'm predicting a win for Ziggler. It seems to be a safe pick considering that reports state that Morrison has not been booked for dates in December. With Morrison's WWE future up in the air, it would be odd for them to put the belt on him unless they plan to give him a very short reign.

Dolph Ziggler is awesome. The guy entertaining and he can put on some good matches. I look at this as a chance for Ziggler to really show how good he is. Wrestling twice at Survivor Series will really allow him to shine in front of the audience. The match itself is nothing that I care about to be honest. Morrison has done nothing for months and after a fluke win I'm supposed to buy him as a real threat? Morrison shouldn't win this one but Dolph needs to drop the title soon so he can move on up the card. I expect something solid from this match but interest is low. Seeing Ziggler will be the only reason I watch this match, so I'll say he retains the gold at Survivor Series.

this should be a good match between these 2 morrison didnt come out of nowhere he had a match against dolph on raw (that was honestly 1 of the best matches all year) and he won against him plus these 2 kinda started a fued earlier in the year but it died before it got started these 2 work well together i hope they get atleast 15 minutes and dolph working 2 ppv matches again isnt a bad thing hes got the talent for it and hes being grommed for a main event push very soon

I kind of like that Dolph has now competed in tag matches and defended his United States championship on the same night if you include this sunday's PPV. He has been looking more and more like a credible champion and is really blowing up his stock. I think that these two match up well together and will put on a great one but the winner is extremely predictable. Morrison has been doing jackshit as of late and he really seems to be nothing more than a filler opponent for Dolph to make him look good. On top of that Morrison's contract is almost up and he has not been the happiest superstar with his job so considering that and the lack of any real kind of build for this I don't see Morrison taking the title any time soon.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Dolph Ziggler Retains

I'll go against the grain on this one. There would be no point to giving Morrison a title match if he isn't going to win. Think about it they could have used Mason Ryan if they really wanted to or even Ryder once again. They have tons of faces that could have taken Morrison's shot but they still give it to him. Why either for some reason they want to make Morrison look good when he leaves having his lose a title match on one of his last dates. Or they're trying to keep him and entice him with the U.S Title. Either way I'm happy with this as a Morrison fan and if Morrison is infact leaving I believe Dolph should end up injuring him to give him an even bigger push.

What they could do here, is, if Morrison isnt staying with the company through December onwards, is have Vickie cost Ziggler the belt here, and then maybe be the reason for his elimination in the 5 v 5 later in the night...

That gets Ziggler free of Vickie instantly, and then can push him to the main event picture.

Then you can have Morrison as Champ and get utterly destroyed by Brodus the next night and have him drop the title instantly and then be wrote off TV that way?

Look to be completely honest here I have no idea why this match is even occuring. If there is going to be a title match, it should be with Zack Ryder..not Morrison.

Quite frankly I have no idea why Morrison is even on this card if he hasn't re-signed yet. Ryder at this point is clearly more over then Morrison so why not just push the guy already. You know why its not happening, its because Vince clearly thinks Ryder doesn't belong where he currently is and most likely think its an absolute joke. I mean come on, he's taking his t-shirt off the shelfs because it says spike?? (spike tv/tna). To me thats just another way of burying a superstar thats on the rise.

Ladies and Gentlemen, somebody else higher up in that locker room doesn't think very highly of Zack Ryder. Personally I'm not too crazy about the guy...but fans love him, he gets loud reactions everywhere and he's over madly with the IWC...PUSH HIM!!!!

I don't want to go off on a Zack Ryder rant here but the point I'm making is why not give that spot to Ryder?? Morrison is leaving so cleary he's not winning and every smart wrestling fan knows this... so what makes anybody believe this match has credibility?

I love the WWE, but sometimes these decisions are big head scratchers.....

how is this a bad thing exactly? him working double duty (and managing to perform great both matches) gain him loads of respect (other then the heel heat, and the Vickie heat of course). he was tossed into the traditional match because they wanted another top heel in it. they gave him a US title match because the wwe are trying to bring some glory back to their mid card titles. i personally think its great. and as long as dolph isnt being over worked or stressed out to much then i dont see any issue with it.

WWE BEEN MESSING UP WITH ALL THESE STORYLINES....is it hhh, john laurinitas,or vinnie mac's fault.... i don't think dolph should have two matches...if that was the case have brodus clay in the tag match and have dolph vs john go straight up.....we don't need to see dolph on twice when last u seen sting work twice,hhh,hulk,hell even santino.......only reason i wanna see him more than once is if he's in a king of the ring tourney or some other kind of tournament special for a title.......dolph is a good performer especially the way he sells a move...pure brilliance......he's in my top 5 alllll time for move selling................CENA STILL SUCKS!!

Dolph is the best thing going on Raw right now. I love that he is wrestling twice on ppvs. It makes him look like a great US champion.

John Morrison needs to win the United States Championship this Sunday so that Dolph Ziggler can elevate himself to the Main Event spot

I like Morrison, but I must say, I'm DEFINITELY disappointed that they replaced Ryder with Morrison. It's just like the OP said, Morrison just came WAY out of left field and stole Ryder's spot for the match.

Yeah, I'm disappointed.

John Morrison needs to win the United States Championship this Sunday so that Dolph Ziggler can elevate himself to the Main Event spot

Here's what I think:

-John Morrison wins the US Championship.

-Ziggler drops Vickie.

-Ziggler has new aura.

-Ziggler is sole survivor.

-This pushes Ziggler to the ME fast and effectively.

Now people may not think this but look at when Nitro won the ECW Title for the first time. He filled Benoit's void and morphed into Morrison on the next episode. It's a simple way to push Ziggler, but shocking enough for most people not to think about it

My guess is that they are trying to make JOMO happy so he would sign his contract or they got him to agree to terms already and gave him a spot in survivor series as a present for his contract signing who knows. My guess with Zack Ryder is that they wanted to probably slow build even more with this new storyline of the "getting his petition signed"
If i remember correctly i don't think he gotten the signatures he needs yet anyways so they are holding off till then. Zack Ryder is getting huge pops from the crowd lately and its only matter of time till Vince comes to his senses and finally give Ryder his due.
Personally i like this slow build and that's whats missing from wrestling these days, one of the few is Daniel Bryan's MITB briefcase and i'm afraid to say it but even though hes not cashing it in till Wrestlemania they probably will do it by royal rumble.
Who knows Zack Ryder just might get his title shot at Wrestlemania on one of the biggest stages yet and imagine the ovation he would get too when he does it would be 10 time more than he would get in survivor series.

My guess is that they're waiting out Zack Ryder for the petition storyline to go through. They'll probably say something like 200,000 signatures isn't enough and that Zack Ryder has to get more just so the people get to signing and when Zack Ryder gets his title shot, it will seem like the "WWE Universe" had something to do with it.

Either that OR Ziggler beats Morrison for the US title, and Laurinitis announces that due to pressure of the online petition, Zack Ryder gets his US title shot right after, and beats a worn-out Ziggler for the title in his 3rd match of the night.

OR Morrison is replaced by Ryder due to the petition, and Morrison turns heel and assaults Ryder. They then use Morrison to put over Ryder before Morrison leaves the company.

In any of the scenarios, I see Ryder winning the title eventually anyway. Maybe they want to wait it out until WrestleMania... Who knows.

Since I started to take notice of Ziggler, around the time he cut his hair short and brown and was announced as a "new and improved DZ" he's fast become my favourite superstar! Brilliant in the ring and flawless mic skills that he often doesnt get to demonstrate in full, he's pure entertainment. Regarding the Morrison match, it surprises me, and I can only see Ryder being involved somehow, it wouldnt make any sense not to (seeing as Morrison has won one match in about 3 months and Ryder has pinned Ziggler several times in recent weeks).

As for Ziggler, he seems destined for the main card which is great, but im hoping he doesnt turn face. Ziggler is a fantastic heel, the cocky brash attitude suits him down to the ground, he reminds me of an early Chris Jericho. Is there any need to turn face? The company already has too many babyfaces (Cena, orton, sheamus, big show, mason ryan, kane...even punk to an extent is now more face than heel. The past has proved that heels can be just as liked and just as successful as face characters, look at Jericho, undertaker at Edge for all the proof you need, IMO Ziggler needs to be taken up a notch as he's out grown the mid card, but he needs to stay Heel.

I'd have Ziggler open the show and defeat Morrison.

15 minute match, Ziggler wins clean.

In the elimination match I'd have Ziggler steal the pinfalls and elimate multiple members of the opposition.

I feel there's 2 possiblities.

I strongly feel that Wade Barrett will be a survivor, if so why not have Ziggler survive too.

Otherwise, I think Sheamus/Orton will survive, if so I'd love it if Ziggler was the last to be eliminated.

I want Ziggler to keep the belt longer. I don't think he'll be pushed to the main event until after Wrestlemania. Hence I think he should hold the belt until 2012.

Ziggler will beat Morrison and retain the title. whether it be a roll up with tights or a vicki interferance

Ziggler will eliminate a big name, possibly sheamus, then it will be orton the last man on his team against rhodes, barrett and ziggler. orton hits two quick rko's on ziggler (which he oversells like hell) and rhodes, then gets down to orton and barrett.

next night on raw ryder and joMo have a #1 contenders match, which ryder wins. ryder goes on to TLC and puts on an epic ladder match with dolph to open the show. this way ziggler doesn't get beat clean and will put over ryder as a credible US champ. this frees up dolph to finally get a shot at the title at the rumble, or be one of the last 4 men in RR match :D

i think its a great move and i want to say im sick of JM as a face he sucks i loved him as a heel he could start up the guru of greatness monday delight ect. so im hoping we see JM win ZR comes out JM attacks him HEEL or have JM lose then have zack ryder get a match on raw after PPV JM pissed zack could win and he couldnt so BOOM attack HEEL. anyway just wanted to throw out thats what i think will happen (well hoping) should be a great match

Am I the only one who thinks at the end of the night Ryder will walk out as champ?

I can see the 5 vs 5 match going on first. Then they start the US title match. Ziggler gets the hard win over Morrison. After the match Ryder comes out and says he got enough people to sign and the GM has given him a match. The match starts and after 5 minutes or so Ryger picks up the win. Ziggler can blame the lose on having to wrestle 3 matches in a night.

This should be a fantastic match. Their match at Hell in a Cell 2 years ago was in my opinion, a solid 4 star match. Now that they've grown with the fans and they're more experienced in the ring, can you imagine how good this match can be if they get even more time than their last PPV match like 20+ minutes? Honestly, I expect a classic. Ziggler is the modern day showstealer. He always puts on midcard matches that that can be considered classics like his bouts with Bryan and yes, even John Morrison.

What I would do here is make Ziggler pull a Randy Orton and look VERY good beating Morrison in the opener cleanly and going on to pin Orton himself to win the match for Team Barrett as the soul survivor. Pinning Orton can be from outside interference if they don't want him to look weak but let's face it, if this happens Ziggler would look like GOLD.

Prediction and who I'm hoping to win - Dolph Ziggler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back