WWE Vengeance 2011 - United States Championship - Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder

#hamler

That's all folks.
20111018_vengeance_ryder_ziggler_c.jpg

Dolph Ziggler (C) vs. Zack Ryder

As announced on Friday Night Smackdown.

From WWE.com
As faithful veiwers of his Youtube show are well aware, Zack Ryder is the first and only bearer of the Internet Championship – a title that has yet to be sanctioned by WWE. However, Long Island Iced-Z will have the opportunity to become an official titleholder when he challenges United States Champion Dolph Ziggler.

On the same night he will stand alongside Jack Swagger to challenge Air Boom for the WWE Tag Team Championships, Ziggler must defend his star-spangled prize against Ryder – a Superstar that has been on a roll as of late. In fact, Ryder’s most impressive victories have come at the expense of the United States Champion himself, most recently on* Friday Night SmackDown and most memorably on the Sept. 19 edition of Raw SuperShow. There, with Real Steel star Hugh Jackman serving as an equalizer against the scheming Vickie Guerrero, Ryder scored an incredible title-free victory over the blond blowhard.

By attaining the U.S. Championship at Vengeance, Ryder would secure himself a place among the squared circle’s most elite competitors. The title has been held by such iconic ring warriors as “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Booker T, Dusty Rhodes, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Bret “Hit Man” Hart.

Despite Ryder’s incredible momentum over the past several weeks one would be unwise to underestimate Ziggler, who has clung to his coveted U.S. Title since he felled Kofi Kingston with his dreaded sleeper hold at WWE Capitol Punishment back in June. A similar fate could very well befall Ryder – especially if Vickie is at ringside.

With his legions of Broskis cheering him on, will Ryder take care, spike his hair and become U.S. Champion in San Antonio? Or will Ziggler manage to overcome the pressure and physical challenge of competing in two title matches in a single night? To find out, tune in to Vengeance this Sunday, only on pay-per-view.

Could this be it? Could this be the moment where the assloads of Ryder fans get what they want? Could this mean a possible main event push for the oh so gifted Dolph Ziggler? Or will this turn out to be another pointless midcard title reign from Dolph Ziggler. I think I've said this a while back, send Ryder to the mid card and Ziggler to the main event. While The Rock is in between sets doing his thing away from the WWE, feed Dolph Ziggler to John Cena in a nice solid feud to help get him over a little more. Given the right amount of time, this match for the gold could be damn solid.

Hamler's Prediction - Zack Ryder will win the United States Championship.

I think this match will have a large part in the outcome of the tag team championship match, where Dolph will also be wrestling. Either we'll see this match come on first, and whether Dolph retains or not will rely on whether Dolph wins the tag team championships, or vice versa should the tag team championship match be on first.

I can't exactly say I'm very excited for this match, mostly because I really really couldn't give a damn about Zack Ryder, and I really really don't wanna acknowledge the fact that I might be 'forced' to watch him as our new United States champion in the nearest future. Dolph has been doing great with this championship, and deserves to carry it for at least a little while longer. Mostly because I don't see the point in either giving him the tag team championships, to make a star of a wrestler in a dying division, nor do I see the point in taking the belt off him when there's no platform for him to be pushed to the main event like The Miz eventually got the chance to.

I honestly hope this will most likely be something ala Dolph Ziggler's Intercontinental championship match against Kaval, a good match that ends in Dolph retaining. Sure Kaval was fired, doesn't need to happen to Zack Ryder, but I'd rather see Dolph keeping this championship for a little longer, especially considering WWE is high on this guy, I don't see why not.

This is their chance to pull the trigger on Zack, is he going to be rewarded with a chance to shine on mainstream WWE after working his ass off to get over behind the scenes? I'm kind of hoping to see Zack pushed in this one, simply so I can see the IWC turn on him like they do for all their previous darlings.

I think Dolph is above the US title right now, his personality, and his current stable in fighting could lead to entertaining feuds with no title involved, and I think that having feuds without belts simplifying them are healthy for today's hot potato era.

The title will do Zack a lot more good than Dolph right now, but that's me assuming that Dolph would drop the title to compete for the real prize, seeing Dolph with a 1 time world title that he never actually held kind of urks me, and I want to see him become a real champion to diminish that blemish.

I would like to see is Dolph beat Ryder. Dolph has main event potential. Ryder pinned Dolph twice already. Having him lose to Ryder for the third time is too much.

Im probably barking up the wrong tree here but what do people see in Dolph Ziggler? I feel like im the only one who doesn't get it. Hes no different from the other bunch of clowns he was with in the Spirit Squad. He hasn't done anything special to get where he is and even if it was only for 11 minutes, the fact that he is known as a former World Heavyweight Champion makes me sick.

Isn't Survivor Series at MSG? Isn't that in NYC?

I'd have Ryder lose this match, get a rematch at his home town in NY and win there. The ovation would be huge, and a star is born!

I see Ziggler winning this and then losing the tag title match. Though stranger things have happened, I doubt WWE would put him in 2 matches and have him win BOTH matches.

Most see this as the time for Ryder to rise, I see it more as the time, where Dolph Ziggler will rise. For one he has been an absolute great United States Champion, hes been improving a lot in-terms of persona and speaking ability, most of his matches are solid and beyond plus hes been gaining support lately and as reported, even backing from the WWE officials.

I'm not too over on Zack Ryder. Still find him rather annoying, and I don't think he is funny or cool in any form, however I have never ran him down on how determined he is to succeed in the WWE, I don't think he should be handed the US Championship though. It is a biased choice, as I'm a Ziggler fan while I can't say the same about Ryder, but I firmly choose Dolph Ziggler to pull out the win and retain his WWE United States Championship.

Some people are over with Ryder, but I would like to see him more of Ryder serious and not laughing and playing all the time.If Ryder doesn't win that means WWE needs Ryan is a better fit as US Champion, but maybe Ryan will help Ryder win? This match is 50/50 for me, but Ziggler might have to drop the Us Title to hold the Tag Titles later.

Ryder winning this match is a win win for everyone. Ziggler is above the US title, and legions of fans want to see Ryder pushed. Ryder will be a champ, Ziggler can focus on the Survivor Series Epic match, and after that, assuming Punk bests Del Rio for the title, we'll see Ziggler vs Punk, which could be EPIC.

Like I said in the Tag Team Championship match thread, I see Ziggler winning both matches and making himself look legit and bragging about it for some time. Ryder's time will definately come but just not yet. I mean come on, Ryder gets less than 10 minutes of TV time both shows combined. When has that ever resulted in a midcard title win? Also rarely do first time challengers ever get a title victory and I see that tradition continuing. It's not all bad for Ryder though. He has a chance to show if he can really handle the in ring part of the business on a big stage. I'm sure the crowd will be very much behind him.

I'd say that Ziggler would retain in 12 minutes. But both men will be somewhat elevated by the end of the show.

This should have been on the last PPV event but I am glad we are still getting it this time. Why is Ziggler in two matches though? He is likely dropping the belt to Ryder so he can move up the card.... Or is it so he can do a much less important tag team run with Swagger? Ryder needs to win here because it is time for WWE to take advantage of his growing popularity. Whether Ziggler goes to the main event or tag teams with Swagger on a more long term basis, he is ready to move on past the midcard title. Should be a fun match.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Zack Ryder will win the United States Championship.

I'm gonna take a long shot and say this match is to push the tag team titles. They'll make Ryder win no matter what, but then Mr. Ziggles and Jack Swagger will win the tag championships, sending Ziggler and Swagger to survivor series in a Tag Team Championship match against The Awesome Truth, thus giving the Tag Titles a push. I definately see WWE giving Bourne Or Kofi the US championships. Or WWE will go and give someone who is really good who hasn't been noticed. Saying that Brodus clay is making his official Raw debut in about 2 weeks, i say one of these three: Tyler Reks,Brodus Clay or Curt Hawkins.
In other words
Zack will win

It's pretty much a consensus here as to what every one thinks will happen,because, we've been saying it for months. Ryder should win here so that Ziggler can elevate back up to the midcard where he can hopefully stay for a while.

I never understood Ziggler at all. I always felt everything was done for him. I mean he must have gotten popular all because he is riding Vickie's heat. I think he should lose because, so he can finally do something on his own because to be honest, he hasn't earn shit for himself. He he drops the title to Ryder, he can finally show me what he is made of. He doesn't need Swagger or that annoying witch Vickie helping him.

P.S.

Shoutouts to Vickie though. That dress on the RAW in Mexico city was awesome. She still annoying, but that dress is top tier.

This reeks of 'Put up or shut up time' for Ryder. None of his matches that people have actually watched since ever has gone over 3 minutes. If people dog on the bigger guys for having short matches because they 'suck' or because they are 'green,' some random douchebag from Jersey shouldn't be an exception. The other end of it could be a sign of what they really think of Ziggles. Everyone has been proclaiming he is main event bound, but the guy is in the same spot he was last year as the token mid-card champ. Even Kofi has moved on to something different.

I don't think this match will be anything the fans will get behind, but the internet will love just 'cuz it is two guys who get billed as good by other people on the internet.

Ziggles for da win. Ryan would be much better suited to take that belt from him.

I never understood Ziggler at all. I always felt everything was done for him. I mean he must have gotten popular all because he is riding Vickie's heat.

That, my dear friend, is the most absurd ignorance I've read in these prediction posts. Ziggler's popularity started when he went around in vignettes saying "Hi I'm Dolph Ziggler" and it continued to skyrocket when he garnered his first win over Batista in his first night on raw as an in-ring competitor... a match that he won far before being teamed up with Vickie Guerrero. Ziggler would then go to Smackdown where he would put on great matches with the likes of Rey Mysterio, John Morrison (a true testament to his ability because Morrison sucks), and even managed to squeeze in a soft romantic storyline with Maria that got him even more heat. To say that someone gave Ziggler everything is bull. Ziggler earned his spot and has taken every liberty that he can to maintain his position while also making sure he's improved. I mean case and point, he's right now involved in three big time storylines: WWE Tag title hunt with Swagger, feuding with Ryder & Mason Ryan, and finding his way into the main event scene. If there's anyone in WWE who deserves his spot right now, it's Ziggler.

---

As for the match, I do believe that Ziggler will lose this match and that he and Swagger will both go on to lose the tag titles. Why? Because I still can't buy Ziggler and Swagger as a real team, and I don't think it's right for Ziggler to have to carry Swagger. Don't get me wrong, Swagger's real good and should be in the mid-card title scene, but Ziggler is ready for a World title run. If now isn't the time to pull the trigger on him, then there never will be. Ziggler and Swagger can still be in a stable, but I really think that they should team Swagger up with Sheffield or even Big man Clay... that way Ziggler will have some big time muscle and an excellent manager to help get him even more ready for the Main Event spot.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler also won both title matches. Ziggler seems to be the guy that WWE's trusting to make it big, and if he can carry two titles while on the verge of a Main Event push, then I can really see him going some where.

I do not, however, see him winning one title and losing the US title or vice versa... simply because I just don't see it. I mean really, what would that prove?

The most important part of this match is seeing which match goes on first- This one, or the Tag Team Championship match. I believe Ziggler will be winning the seond one. Imagine Vickie screaming at Ziggler after he takes the pinfall loss in the first match, only to win the second match unless they want to position him like Miz- With two titles at the time. However, I could see it happenning for the success of Vickie's somewhat new stable. They haven't had much success as of yet, and this could be their breakthrough moment.

I wont make this long, as I think it's going to happen. Ryder has gotten his pinfalls over both Swagger and Ziggler, one over Swagger, three over Ziggler. Another one, in his first ever championship match since ECW(remember that?). Not likely,as I see Ziggler winning a back and forth match, and he and Swagger the tag titles as well. I dont believe Ryder in his gimmick is ready to win a championship, yet, and Ziggler will retain here.

For those who say this will be a meaningless, status quo win for Ziggler- Youre wrong, my friends. I fully believe Ziggler will win both belts, get the main event shine, and even a feud or victory over a main eventer. Ziggler's win here will be accompanied by his ascension, and it's not as if he's going to be challenging Del Rio for the title, who will sadly defeat Cena on Sunday. Back to the thread, Ziggler retains, and his ascension to a main event that desperately needs heels will happen. I just don't see Ryder as the one who will take the tile from Ziggler, as this will be his moment to shine for now- getting a title match on PPV. But that's the extent of it.

LSN Prediction: Dolph Ziggler defeats Zach Ryder by pinfall.

I love this booking. With Ziggler in 2 matches, it makes things less predictable. Any outcome you can justify.
1. Ziggler loses both titles, which makes his and Swags relationship more volitile, starting his face turn that they teased a while back

2. Ziggler only keeps the US title but loses the tag, which continues the slow burn of miscommunication between Ziggler and Swags.

3. Ziggler only wins the tag titles but loses the US, which would mean they're pushing swags and ziggs as a legit team (I'm thinking kinda like the WGTT, two great athletes that will absolutely maul you and stretch you).

4. Ziggler wins both, they love him, he's good. put him on top of the world and make him look like a big deal.

It even makes sense for Ryder to win it. He's the self-promoting type of guy who would make the US title look good (which Ziggler is doing a great job of doing himself) and he could use a measuring stick. I don't say "push" because I don't feel like giving a title to a guy is a push if they don't respond, but it sort of shows people where he stands on the card.

Both guys do the shit I love. Every move Ziggler does makes sense and his selling is detailed. Ryder sells like a mofo too and is constantly in character. Should be a boatload of fun.

I can't see how Ryder winning the title wouldn't ruin Ziggler's credibility. Ryder is getting over more than he used to but he still has jokes around and doesn't really have a serious character. I can see this going in two different ways. Ziggler has double duty at the PPV so this match could easily be a squash match or Ziggler will lose this & then win the tag titles. I think it's too early for Ryder to win.

Predication - Ziggler retains.

I can't see how Ryder winning the title wouldn't ruin Ziggler's credibility. Ryder is getting over more than he used to but he still has jokes around and doesn't really have a serious character. I can see this going in two different ways. Ziggler has double duty at the PPV so this match could easily be a squash match or Ziggler will lose this & then win the tag titles. I think it's too early for Ryder to win.

Predication - Ziggler retains.
Why not? WWE is pushing this "Ziggler's run of bad luck" stuff on commentary and on the website. If Vickie costs him the match then it makes sense. Let's say Swagger keeps fucking with ryder, so Mason Ryan comes out. Maybe eventually they get into some reff down shenanigans. Vickie goes to slap mason ryan, he moves, she slaps dolph, dolph turns around into the rough ryder. Meanwhile Mason attacks swags to keep him from interferings.

It's not at all impossible to get the belt off Ziggler without him looking bad.

This is one of the more tricky choices for me, but I think I'll go with Ryder here. Zack Ryder has received a nice little push recently, and he has gained a good amount of momentum. There's always a chance Ziggler could retain here, but I think WWE will give Ryder a chance to win the gold. WWE has shown some faith in Ryder, so I think they're going to pull the trigger on him here. Ziggler is always near a title chase or a meaningful storyline, so he shouldn't fade away, if he loses this match.

Ziggler and Ryder should deliver a solid match. I'm not expecting a show stealer here, but I am looking forward to this.

I've gotta say, I do like Ryder but he is extremely overrated and I wouldn't be thrilled to see a great worker like Ziggler lose his title to a guy like him. However because of the PPV set up I do believe Dolph is going to lose to Zack and will win the Tag Titles with Swagger so he still has some gold. Zack has been getting the upper hand when he and Dolph meet recently and I think the same will happen tonight and something I never expected will happen, Zack Ryder will be the United States Champion.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Zack Ryder wins the United States Championship

Color me confused as fuck.

Ziggles in two matches? Ehhh?

Well, obviously a massive oppurtunity to put the strap on Ryder, without making Ziggler look weak...OR....Further building Ziggler by having him somehow hold on, despite wrestling twice. You dont necessarily hurt Ryder that way if it does through immense cheating.

Either way, will be very exciting, and a good set up for a possible mark out moment. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back