• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Prediction For Zack Ryder

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Given the build that Ryder has gotten and the general push he's recieved thus far, it seems that it's all but written in the stars that he'll be the next United States Champion. He holds a few victories over Ziggler and vice versa and the online petition angle has certainly needed Ryder a lot of support. Johnny Ace "ignoring" the request of Ryder and the fans that've signed the petition serves to only further enhance Ryder's appeal and gather fans behind him. The only question that really remains is when WWE will pull the trigger.

This is just a 100% speculative guess on my part, but I honestly think that Ryder will win the United States Championship from Dolph Ziggler at the WWE's annual Tribute to the Troops show. Like last year, the show will air on USA and it'll be on Tuesday, December 12. When you look at how Ryder has been pushed and how his inevitable title shot has been put on hold, it seems to me that WWE is waiting for a special occassion to give Ryder that shot. A lot of emphasis has been put on this one particular United States Championship shot and when you consider that WWE will be entertaining several thousand active troops of the United States military, having a popular guy like Ryder win the title in front of them could be viewed as kind of a special treat and it'd certainly be a memorable title change.

I'm not so sure Ryder will take the belt from Ziggler.

I have it in the back on my mind that Welsh sheep shagger Mason Ryan is going to take it from Ziggler's grasp and cause an uproar because Mason Ryan has little charisma, not that good in the ring and when he has the mic I want to fall asleep.

I'd rather see it on PPV myself. TLC is coming in December and seeing Ryder win his first singles title in WWE during a Ladder match would be far more memorable than having him win it during Tribute To the Troops because WWE have a history of memorable midcard title ladder matches on PPV and it's about time we saw another one. If it does happen at Tribute To the Troops though then I would not be against it. Ryder winning the title is really all I care about, and where it happens or when are merely details at this point. Winning the United States Championship in front of United States troops would be a nice little pun though, that's for sure.

I should straight away point this out to clarify the context of this post: Not a Ryder fan. Seriously. The kid's a mediocre in-ring worker at best, his stupid gimmick annoys the hell out of me (speak like a normal human being, "bro"), and Woo Woo Woo has to be the worst catchphrase this side of Sable.

That having been said, I can't see any way in which Zack Ryder doesn't eventually win the title. The simple fact is that they've built this storyline up so powerfully, plugged it endlessly on Vince's favourite website (seriously, what's with the Twitter thing? It's a bit much if you ask me), even had their two most popular superstars with two different demographics (Cena for the kids, Punk for the adults) support it live on Raw, creating as a result pretty much every fan getting behind Ryder. Hell, even his almighty Rockness plugged Zack. I just don't get his appeal myself.

As for the Tribute To The Troops idea, I can see that making sense, especially with it being the US title, in front of the US troops. The only counteraction to that might be that simply, with Ryder having become so popular, I could see them having a ladder match at TLC for the championship, because Vince might think that people wanting to see Ryder's victory means more pay-per-view buys - and of course, more money for the McMahons. Plus with Big Show/Mark Henry obviously destined for a chair match and Punk/Del Rio probably having the full TLC clash, the ladder and table matches need to come into play, and I can't see a Ryder/Ziggles table match.

I definitely see him winning the title very soon. Maybe not yet, but I see a Punk/Ziggler feud happening soon and I don't think Dolph will hold the US Title during it. Plus, Ryder is being pushed to the moon right now. He even came out at Survivor Series to attack Ziggler. Fans chanted for him almost every match and The Rock even said he likes Ryder. It'll happen.
Only thing I disagree with is, that I don't think it'll be at the Tribute To The Troops show. It's not that it isn't special, but it's not something you'd see a title change at. But I can see Ryder champ at the TTTT show because I'm sure they'd want someone the troops love being the representative of the title named after the country they're defending.

I see Ryder winning it at TLC in a Ladder Match against Ziggler so Ziggler can get a push & get in the WWE Title picture with Punk & Miz,hell maybe even R-Truth since Miz turned on him. Ryder is EXTREMELY popular right now he's a kid & adult favorite "WE WANT RYDER" was chanted in every match he is for sure in the top 5 list for popularity in WWE right now he needs the belt

I also see him winning it at TLC and holding onto it until at least Mania. I think he'll have quite a few successful defenses before eventually dropping it to Christian.

I can certainly see this happening. Ryder has been making a huge rise through the ranks, getting over HUGE with the fans -- he's a shoo-in for United States Champion. It works out in a couple of different ways: it gives Ryder a run with the United States Championship, giving him a test beyond anything he's ever had, and also frees up Dolph Ziggler for a potential move into the main event. I can't see any scenario where he doesn't win the United States Championship, it's a matter of when and where.

Now, I actually think the Tribute to the Troops show would work. He'll be over with the crowd, it'll give them a good match on the card, and what better treat for the United States Military than to see a title change? Much less the United States Championship. This will be a big moment on multiple fronts, especially since Ryder has really worked for it. I mean, if they advertise the United States Championship match for the Tribute to the Troops show, I'm sure it will garner a few more viewers for it.

If he doesn't win at Tribute to the Troops, then it will have to be on Monday Night Raw at some point. I don't think it'll be on a PPV, but that's from a pure speculation stand point. I'm sure if they announced it to be on PPV that there might be a small spike in popularity, but with Ryder's whole gimmick and the whole angle -- it just makes sense for him to win it on TV. Plus, how would it really fit into the TLC PPV? Neither man is really known for any of those stipulations and it's not that big of a rivalry, it really has more to do with Ryder getting the belt and getting the fans on his side.

Regardless of where and when it happens, Zack Ryder will win the United States Championship soon.

zack ryder is so over in wwe right now i too say have him win it at a pay per view...give him his moment he gave the us title so much meaning. But i must say dolph as U.S. champ and cody as ic champ... are like the supporting beams of wwe, both are on there way to main event status...thats the only reason i wouldnt have dolph drop the title so soon. ryder doesnt need the belt long term give him a 1 mnth reign thats 4 episodes of raw then dolph gets it back at the payper view after.

Would rather it on RAW but it doesn't make much difference, somehow they guy has gained huge heat. I wonder how much of it is because he grabbed the chance himself by self-promoting, got to admire the balls has it could have failed and seen him out on his ear.

I just hope he changes his gimmick before it gets too old, otherwise he will begin to tail off and fall by the wayside. But that is way, way into the future and I think he'll change it, the lad seems pretty switched on. Give him the belt and see what happens should be fun.

I think he is going to win the US title at TLC. Its a shame because Dolph is bringing back prestige to the US title.

Ryder is getting louder pops than Punk and Cena on some nights:lmao:. The issue with him is his character is a goofball. You cant really have him involved in anything serious. Which is why he is going to be a midcarder for life.

Who is to say that Zack Ryder can't slowly transition into a serious character? It obviously cannot be done overnight, but a slow build towards being serious would be great, and should help him retain most of his fans, and gain new ones as well.

He should win the US title at TLC. Dolph no longer needs it (and he is also my dark horse to win the RR), and Ryder could do wonders with it. Imagine how many of those damn toy US Title belts they'll sell now too, after Ryder promotes it heavy on his show. Kids are starting to REALLY get into Ryder, so it's not just smarky adults. It's amazing how he made himself a star, and I think that is what people love most about him.

Woo Woo Woo, You Know It.

Id prefer his character take a serious turn before he wins anything but a tag title. Im a big Ryder fan but my goodness, his character is nothing more than a cheerleader for Cena. I want Ryder to get some edge and like he had in ECW. So, I think they should hold off till that point.

Kids are starting to REALLY get into Ryder, so it's not just smarky adults.

This is what Im afraid of. If the kids love him like they love Cena, we may never see a serious turn. It will be the same old jumping up and down because he going to team with Super Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back