Will Zack Ryder Ever Win The WWE Championship?

He is only about 26, so yes he is well in line to compete in the future. Cena's first character in WWE wasn't exactly serious. The whole rap thing was kinda embarrassing.

Ryder will have to change his gimmick of course.

With his current gimmick, hell no.

But down the road if he changes his gimmick, he could certainly win the title, and I would have no problem with it.

It's possible if he is still really over with the crowd but at most I see him being in the upper Mid-Card feuding with the Main-Eventers every now and then (sort of like where Cody Rhodes and R-Truth is now) and will probably never truly reach main-event status.

I'm not a Ryder fan like most of the IWC, he deserves his current spot but WWE Champion is a hell no!!! he's over because of soical media not his in ring talents, he got over using twitter/youtube to the point fans wanted to see him. As much as I like the guy and apperciate his efforts I don't see anything special in him that it takes to become WWE Champion.

I love Zach Ryder's character as it is, if he can manage to change it in the future to further advance his career, great! But perssonally I fear he will go the way of Disco Inferno and kind of gradually slip out of sight.

Yes, i personally think, and yes i know this is a big opinion and prediction, i think Zack Ryder is the next John Cena, in meanings of face of the company.

Right now i don't see anyone else who could be the face of the company in the future.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about zach ryder besides the fact that he is good, well great, in the ring. He was not the most entertaining person on his show IMO. His dad, Stanford, Big O and Zig were the highlights and he was just the host. I think his steam will run out quick because they already gave him the us title and I think it would have worked better if he kept chasing it. I find him awkward on the mic and if people hate cena then why the hell would they like this guy? Especially being a guito and who doesnt hate guitos?? I know I do... A lot.

Zack Frickin' Ryder and as a world champion? #AreYouSeriousBro? No. Not with his current gimmick. God forbid Ryder fist pumping with the big gold belt or the WWE championship. It will hamper the title's prestige.The title won by the greats like Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man etc. shouldn't be even near him with his current goofy gimmick.Ryder is entertaining. I like him but he is a mid card champion at best. Maybe if he changes his gimmick to something serious we can consider but now, NO in big letters (lol).

Why not? The give the world titles to anybody these days. If Jack Swagger, the Miz, and Daniel Bryan can be world champs, so can Zach Ryder.

Why not? The give the world titles to anybody these days. If Jack Swagger, the Miz, and Daniel Bryan can be world champs, so can Zach Ryder.

Jack Swagger was given the world title as a part of his push which..Failed miserably. He couldn't build himself as a tough contender. Miz was given the WWE Championship because he is a good talker and he is decent inside the ring. He has cut good promos and has established himself a threat. Daniel Bryan is by far the best wrestler in the WWE now. He has improved his mic skills and Vince knows how important he is. He looks stupid now because he is feuding with two GIANTS. It is a David vs Goliath type of thing he is having. Zach Ryder is not better in mic than Miz and he is not better in the ring than Daniel Bryan. He is good. He is suited to the upper mid card more. So, I don't want him to be a champion with his current gimmick.

With his current gimmick, hopefully not. They made the mistake of giving Bryan the belt (again, because of his current gimmick which is pretty bland and hasn't been developed much). If he doesn't have that gimmick, it depends. Because my personal opinion is he isn't anything special. He works hard, deserves his midcard run but he doesn't have enough to main event.

I think Ryder has the potential to be a WWE champ in the future but certainly not this year. He needs to be built up credibly and have some long term feuds where he can prove his calibre both on the mic and in the ring.

At the moment his in ring work is decent but nothing special, he's got the broski boot which gets the crowd going but i'm personally not a fan of the rough ryder. As for his mic work, again it's not bad but i can see it getting stale within a year if he doesn't switch it up. The same old catchphrases and "ultimate broski" persona.

His gimmick needs tweaking slightly, perhaps into a slightly more serious persona. Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of Ryder and i'm glad he's finally getting the push he deserves but if he is to be a credible main eventer in the future he needs to expand his repertoire on the mic. As someone above said, a WWE champ constantly saying WWWYKI could get tedious very quickly. I'm not saying he should completely take out the funny side to his character but just reduce it

Ryder has potential to one day win the WWE Championship, but ONLY if he makes a progression in change of character like Cena did in 2004-2005.

Cena's character got more serious and less corny/goofy from his old rapper gimmick and moved on from it in order to start winning WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. While some can debate that Cena was still corny and goofy during this time, he at least significantly dropped his previous gimmick, so he could get a push.

Dolph Ziggler is also a similar thing right now.

In order for Ryder to ever be considered for a push towards the WWE Championship, he'll have to follow suit.

I'm not even buying him as the U.S. champ right now to tell you the truth. Ryder does have potential, but his sheer goofiness stands in the way. If he does have in-ring potential, it's not shining through yet.

I was hoping that at the TLC PPV they'd let both him and Dolph Ziggler shine by putting them in a ladder match for the United States title - that could have been a MOTY candidate right there; I would've expected Ramon vs. Michaels levels of show-stealing. Instead they gave that spot on the card to something that had little build and zero aftermath in HHH vs. Nash.

Since we all know that Ryder's push was because he became an internet phenomenon, rather than an impressive in-ring competitor, we're going to have to wait until he can fully show off his wrestling and story-telling skills before making a proper judgement, because right now I can only picture him stuck in the mid-card.

You guys do realize that Ryder is only 27 years old this year right?? Bret Hart won his first WWF title at the age of 35 in 92...HBK was 31 when he won his first WWF Title in 96.

So how can people say that he wont win the top title. thats rather short sighted.

Agreed his current gimmick isnt the type of thing that WWE would want to represent them.

He has plenty of time in his career to evolve. Think long term people.

and as we have seen he can reinvent and push himself so WWE wont have to work that hard to try and come up with something for him.

Short and sweet: yes.

I see many people here talking about the gimmick and how that is a problem when its not even an issue. You become a champion because that will earn money for the company. To earn money for the company you must be over with fans. That's it. You don't have to be over as a tough guy, or over as a smart guy, or as whatever guy. It just doesn't matter. All it takes is for you to be over enough that being champion will earn money for the company, and in that aspect Ryder is doing very well. He is easily in the top 10 stars that are over with the fans (as a face or a heel). So, probably sooner rather than later, if he continues on this path he will be a WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

NO WAY ryder ever wins the WWE championship.

ryder is just an OVER-rated, OVER-hyped, NO wrestling talent, whose claim to fame is his youtube show.

he should have NEVER won the US title to begin with.

the WWE was ready to let him go already. the only reason the WWE kept him was because his youtube show got popular and they saw that they could profit off of this.

success with a youtube show shoud NOT equal a championship title reign. let alone the US title, held by such greats as rickie the dragon steamboat, stunning steve austin, dean malenko, eddie guerrero, etc....ryder as US champion??!!! come on, what a joke!!

dude, ROBBIE E pulls of the 'jersey' gimmick better than ryder! ROBBIE E's even better in the ring, on the mic, and even more entertaining than goofy ass ryder.

the WWE marketing machine is pushing ryder down our throats and i'm NOT falling for it.

i still see the same goofy, no wrestling talent, 'woo woo woo' one catch phrase, jo-blo undercarder as before.

NO WAY ryder ever wins the WWE championship.

ryder is just an OVER-rated, OVER-hyped, NO wrestling talent, whose claim to fame is his youtube show.

he should have NEVER won the US title to begin with.

the WWE was ready to let him go already. the only reason the WWE kept him was because his youtube show got popular and they saw that they could profit off of this.

success with a youtube show shoud NOT equal a championship title reign. let alone the US title, held by such greats as rickie the dragon steamboat, stunning steve austin, dean malenko, eddie guerrero, etc....ryder as US champion??!!! come on, what a joke!!

dude, ROBBIE E pulls of the 'jersey' gimmick better than ryder! ROBBIE E's even better in the ring, on the mic, and even more entertaining than goofy ass ryder.

the WWE marketing machine is pushing ryder down our throats and i'm NOT falling for it.

i still see the same goofy, no wrestling talent, 'woo woo woo' one catch phrase, jo-blo undercarder as before.

What you just said is basically "I don't like him, therefore he will not be a success ever and he's a stupidhead".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back