WWE Vengeance 2011 - Tag Titles - Air Boom vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler

#hamler

That's all folks.
20111017_vengeance_airboom_swagger_dolph.jpg

Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler

As reported on Monday Night Raw SUPERShow.

From WWE.com
With Vickie Guerrero cheering them on from ringside, United States Champion Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger wil challenge the exciting tandem of Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne – collectively known as Air Boom – for their WWE Tag Team Championships at Vengeance.

Using a little professional persuasion, Vickie convinced Raw’s Interim General Manager John Laurinaitis to grant her clients a WWE Tag Team Title opportunity against Air Boom this Sunday in San Antonio. There, The Queen of Cougardom aims to cement herself as one of the premier managers in the history of the squared circle by leading Ziggler and The All-American American to both U.S. and WWE Tag Team Championship glory.

Although Air Boom’s cohesion and aerial offense earned them a decisive title defense against Ziggler & Swagger at WWE Hell in a Cell the calculating pair has nevertheless continued to tenaciously pursue the WWE Tag Team Championships. Just days after that failed attempt to topple the high-flyers, Swagger & Ziggler picked up a title-free triumph over Air Boom on SmackDown, proving to the WWE Universe that they are more than capable of grounding the reigning titleholders at Vengeance.

Also at Vengeance, Ziggler will be forced to defend his United States Championship against Long Island Iced-Z, Zack Ryder. Thanks to a decision by SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long, the arrogant Superstar must overcome the physical and psychological strain of competing in two title matches in a single night Will Ziggler & Swagger emerge victorious under the vigilant gaze of WWE’s resident cougar? Or will Air Boom deflate their challengers massive egos?

To find out, tune in to Vengeance, this Sunday, only on pay-per-view.

This is how I see it; either Dolph Ziggler wins both of his matches he's competing in, or he loses both. I feel Ziggler is ready to move up the card but where would that leave Swagger? Wallowing in mediocrity the rest of his career. Same goes for Air Boom; what the fuck will they do if they lose their titles? This match shoiuld be quite fun although I have my doubt this match will actually make it to the main card. It seems dark-match-ish to me. Anyways, I see Air Boom retaining and Dolph moving on to bigger and better things.

Hamler's Prediction - Air Boom will retain the WWE Tag Team Championships.

^Seriously You Think This Is Going To Be A Dark Match... This Will Most Probably Be One Of The Best Matches Of The Night...

I Can See By The End Of The Night.. Ziggler Will Be Still Holding His US Title And Become A Tag Team Champion Similar To The Miz Last Year...

Remember a couple of months ago when Ziggler was nowhere to be seen on RAW most weeks? Looks like the 'E have finally realised that he is the future of the company! I think Swagger and Ziggler are going to be the Beer Money of WWE! I see big things for both men in the next year.

I think Air Boom is a good tag team, but Ziggler and Swagger are becoming really hated, and with Vickie, they are moving up by their importance on shows.I say Ziggler and Swagger take the gold, since I think Ziggler will lose his Us title early in the show I imagine.

I'll go with Ziggler winning both the matches. That is a move that will elevate Ziggler and also give him something to brag about. I think that Swagger will get the pin in the match, though, which will get him on somewhat even ground with Ziggler. He'll get to tell Dolph that he could have never won both matches on his own. I expect Ziggler and Swagger to break up just prior to WrestleMania season.

I'll go with Ziggler winning both the matches. That is a move that will elevate Ziggler and also give him something to brag about. I think that Swagger will get the pin in the match, though, which will get him on somewhat even ground with Ziggler. He'll get to tell Dolph that he could have never won both matches on his own. I expect Ziggler and Swagger to break up just prior to WrestleMania season.

Said most of this in the Ziggler/Ryder thread.

These matches aren't to boost Air Boom or Zack Ryder, I see them as ways to boost Dolph Ziggler. Hes been impressive lately on RAW, hes improved where most have pin-pointed he needed it over the past few months e.g. microphone skills and ability to gain heat. But at the same time I sense a lot of people supporting the guy, you can hear it on RAW even.

Should be a good match, nice to see the WWE Tag Team Championships gaining a good position on the card and with hope they'll put on a good show.

I'm glad the WWE have been making the tag-team division relevant, after months of begging them to. Air Boom are a great tag team. Even though their were just a put-together-quickly team, they've jelled quite quickly and whoever says they aren't entertaining can go fuck themselves. Air Boom probably get some of the biggest pops of the night and their offence is as exciting as hell.

Let's not forget Swagger and Ziggler, though, they're no slouches either. Swagger with his amateur background has all the traits of a young Kurt Angle and Ziggler, well, Ziggler shows me he has main-event potential more and more every night.

As for the match, I hope it steals the show. All 4 men are great in-ring workers and there really isn't a reason why they won't cast a shadow over the other matches.
MY PREDICTION: Air Boom, baby!

So can someone please explain why Ziggler is in TWO matches on this card? I can understand the US title match with Ryder. That needed to be made. Ziggler and Swagger tag teaming though? Not as important. I can see this opening the show with Air Boom winning in an exciting match that leads into the US title match right aferward since Ziggler is in both. I am ok with either team winning but Air Boom retaining makes more sense because they are the intended focal point of the tag team division while Ziggler and Swagger are only temporarily together due to Swagger being managed by Vickie. Hopefully there will not be too much EXCUSE ME in this match.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Air Boom will retain the WWE Tag Team Championship.

I don't think winning both titles would elevate Ziggler more. Doesn't really create more interest. If he loses in the tag match because of Swag, then loses his US title because of Vickie, then slowly turns face, has Swag vs Zig at SurSer, then a more intense rematch, then he wins the rumble, that would elevate him more. If he doesn't get as over as a face as they thought, he doesn't win the rumble and you start over. Shit him being a face and just having a really good run, like say being number 5 and lasting till the final 4 would help get him over.

If Ziggler wins both, where do you go from there? Do you just march him around and go "LOOK HE HAS TWO BELTS WE BOOKED HIM TO HAVE!!!!!!"? It's pro wrestling, being interesting is better than holding a bunch of belts.

Also, LOL at "Swagger has all the traits of a young Kurt Angle" yea, except that Angle was interesting, looked confident, looked always in character, and cut awesome promos. I mean yea, amateur wrestlers, wear red, white, and blue, have sort american gimmicks but are heels. So superficially yes, substance-wise, fuuuuuuuck no.

Although they could have Ziggler win both only to lose them both later, which might mean more, being on top of the world and then losing it all. Or maybe he wins both and then eventually Vickie and Swag betray him.

Lots of ways they can go, my only prediction is that this match will be very good.

I was skeptical about Air Boom at first because I was never a huge fan of randomly throwing together two people then making them tag champs but I really like this tag team. They seem to improve every week and this is definitely helping Bourne's career since he's FINALLY going somewhere (even though I know this won't have a huge effect on his career). I don't think it's time for Air Boom to lose the titles yet but I'm interested to see what WWE has planned since Ziggler is in two title matches tonight.

Prediction - Air Boom retains.

I'm going with Air Boom here. Kofi and Evan are having a good run as champs, and I don't see any reason to end their reign now. Swagger and Dolph will continue their "odd couple" routine, and there's a good chance Vickie will interfere here. She usually creates problems, when she roams around the ringside area, and I don't think anything will change here.

I picked Dolph as the loser in the US Championship match, and if he loses here, he will walk out of Vengeance without any gold. I don't think this will be a problem, because Ziggler always manages to stay relevant on any brand. WWE has put a lot of faith in Ziggler, and I don't think they'll give up on him anytime soon. Although, when it comes to Swagger, I don't know what to think. I've always enjoyed Swagger. He can be a pretty solid heel, and his matches are usually entertaining, but he hasn't been able to regain any real momentum. His MITB win at Wrestlemania 26 was a surprise, but his run with the title wasn't memorable at all. He was able to feed of Cole's heat earlier this year, and this was a nice rub for him, because Cole was the most hated heel character in WWE around this time. But Swagger still can't return to the spotlight. He could receive a strong push again, but his future does seem unclear at times.

This should be a good match, because Air Boom can always deliver, and Swagger and Ziggler can be effective as a team.

The two teams always put on solid outings together, but I just csnt forsee them taking the belts off of air boom, being they are such an effective pairing, and provide stability to the tag titles, and the building of them. They have coordinated outfits and everything.

Should be pretty good, doubt we see a change though. Much more potential for Air Boom to put on matches with other teams and help get them over, and the tag titles over.

If Dolph Ziggler were not in two matches on the card I would say Air Boom retains without a doubt because they're a legit team that seems to get a good response going up against a random pairing of Swagger and Ziggler. However because Dolph is in two matches I have a feeling he is going to lose his singles gold but pick up the tag team gold with Swagger tonight, I could be totally wrong but it's just a feeling I have.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Swagger and Ziggler Win The Tag Titles

The push for Air Boom has really cooled off, hasn't it? They were missing from both Raw and Smackdown this week on the go-home shows before the PPV of their title defense. On the other hand, Ziggler and Swagger are being pushed strongly as a stable, with implications of Christian joining them. What makes for a successful stable? Winning, and more importantly, winning gold.

Ive said before that I believe they are going the Miz route with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has all the tools in the ring. I used to believe Evan Bourne sold better then anyone, but Ziggler has faar surpassed him. He looks like a young HBK at times the way he bumps around, and his offense is fluid and crisp. Swagger is improving himself, but he's second fiddle to Dolph here. Ziggler is the reason they win here.

As I said in the Ziggler/Ryder thread, I believe Ziggler will be leaving Vengeance with more gold. I think Ive picked all heels likely, and Im not likely to be right. But I believe strongly in this one. Ziggler is going to be elevated with having two titles, sporadically appearing in main event matches and slowly creeping into a top heel on Raw. Because there is Del Rio, and a tag team just re-instated of Miz and Truth. Something needs to change in the picture, and that's the assertion of a new heel. In order to do so, he needs to win here, which means gold. Expect an excellent opener, with Ziggler and Swagger picking up the victory due to interference from Vickie.

LSN Prediction: Ziggler and Swagger defeat Air Boom to win the WWE Tag Titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back