WWE Supplemental Draft LD

Or young Raw guys will be able to feud with main eventers since there is now a surplus, rather than the upper midcarders just going over each other all the time, which doesn't really get them anywhere.

Yes, because now guys like Yoshi, Zack, and Bourne who languish on Superstars will have even more of a chance to make it to Raw now and get pushed!

Wow.

My main complaint, as well as a lot of people's, is that the Smackdown midcard literally has been raided. Instead of giving guys who are talented and don't have the star power to make it on a stacked Raw roster the chance to go to Smackdown and make a name for themselves there, people like Rosa Mendes, Chavo, Chris Masters and Hornswoggle get picked.

People shouldn't be complaining about MVP going to Smackdown. That just saved his career right there.

Unfortunately it doesn't save Smackdown (which they should just rename "The Kamikaze sacrifice to kill TNA")

Yes, because now guys like Yoshi, Zack, and Bourne who languish on Superstars will have even more of a chance to make it to Raw now and get pushed!

Wow.

The midcarders feud with the surplus main eventers, elevating them to the main event by the end, then the lower card guys can be pushed up to the midcard, filling the holes that the recently elevated midcarders have left. It's prrretty simple.

The midcarders feud with the surplus main eventers, elevating them to the main event by the end, then the lower card guys can be pushed up to the midcard, filling the holes that the recently elevated midcarders have left. It's prrretty simple.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. What world are you living in?

I dont think anyone's complaining about MVP's move. However SD did get it in the shorts this year. It'll survive, but I really dont see the point in taking the top heel and babyface off the show is and replacing them with The Big Show and Christian. MVP and Cody'll get big pushes, but SD lost one hell of a lot more than they gained.

Who do you consider to be a surplus main eventer?

Well, Raw did just gain Jericho and Edge.

And presumably an excess main eventer is a main eventer who isnt in the main event at the time.

Smackdown gets a roster filled with newbies, and various also-ran types who could use a break away chance, and everyone cries. C'mon, give it a chance before calling it suck. Chris Masters might be GOOD! Kofi and Christian might be AWESOME! MVP might be...not bad! I might be...wrong!

But we can't say for sure yet, so why get our panties in a bunch over it?

Yeah, that's not going to happen. What world are you living in?

They do it in every cycle of new main eventers. It's really not that big a deal.

Who do you consider to be a surplus main eventer?

Edge, firstly. Cena doesn't look to be losing the title any time soon so Edge probably won't be back in the title picture for a while. But a feud with Edge is the exact thing that could get Miz into the main event.
Jericho is still up in the air at the moment.

Wow.

My main complaint, as well as a lot of people's, is that the Smackdown midcard literally has been raided. Instead of giving guys who are talented and don't have the star power to make it on a stacked Raw roster the chance to go to Smackdown and make a name for themselves there, people like Rosa Mendes, Chavo, Chris Masters and Hornswoggle get picked.

er, along with Kofi Kingston, Christian, and Cody Rhodes

er, along with Kofi Kingston, Christian, and Cody Rhodes

Smackdown's notable losses are:
Edge
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
R-Truth
DH Smith
Tyson Kidd
The Great Khali (still a solid midcarder)

And they replaced them with:
Big Show
Christian
Kofi Kingston
Cody Rhodes
MVP

And that's really it. Hornswoggle, Chris Masters, and Chavo Guerrero aren't improvements. Why couldn't they add Zack, Yoshi, and Bourne there to beef up the midcard on that show? I really like the three of them, they deserve a chance to shine on Smackdown.

Just to do a quick overview of the draft:

Raw

Main eventers recieved:

Edge

Total 1

Upper Midcarders Recieved:

John Morrison, Chris Jericho, R-Truth

Total: 3

Midcarders Recieved:

Great Khali (on hiatus), Ezekiel Jackson (Injured), DH Smith, Tyson Kidd

Total: 4

Lower Midcarders/jobbers recieved

Goldust

Total: 1

Divas recieved

Natalya

Total number drafted: 10

Smackdown

Main eventers recieved

None

Total: 0

Upper Midcarders recieved:

Big Show, Christian, MVP, Kofi Kingstone

Midcarders recieved

Cody Rhodes (Injured?)

Lower midcarders/jobbers recieved:

Chavo Gurrerro, Chris Masters, Hornswoggle

Divas recieved:

Kelly Kelly, Rosa Mendez

Total: 2

Whatever way you look at it, Smackdown's a net loser in this draft. It lost more superstars, and gained superstars what were, for all intents and purposes inferior replacements.

It's not a tragedy. MVP, Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger will come into their own this year. However, many of the guys on their ways to Raw will find themselves lost in the shuffle.

Just to do a quick overview of the draft:

Raw

Main eventers recieved:

Edge

Total 1

Upper Midcarders Recieved:

John Morrison, Chris Jericho, R-Truth

Midcarders Recieved:

Great Khali (on hiatus), Ezekiel Jackson (Injured), DH Smith, Tyson Kidd

Lower Midcarders/jobbers recieved

Goldust

Divas recieved

Natalya

Smackdown

Main eventers recieved

None

Total: 0

Upper Midcarders recieved:

Big Show, Christian, MVP

Midcarders recieved

Cody Rhodes (Injured?)

Lower midcarders/jobbers recieved:

Chavo Gurrerro, Chris Masters, Hornswoggle

Divas recieved:

Kelly Kelly, Rosa Mendez

Total: 2

Total number drafted: 9

Whatever way you look at it, Smackdown's a net loser in this draft. It lost more superstars, and gained superstars what were, for all intents and purposes inferior replacements.

It's not a tragedy. MVP, Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger will come into their own this year. However, many of the guys on their ways to Raw will find themselves lost in the shuffle.

To add to the fact that Batista is over on Raw fighting Cena and Taker is on hiatus.

I get it. Raw and SD for all intents and purposes switched midcards, and the shows will go on. However, Smackdown is the show where the young guys upper midcarders should be. Look at Raw's main event. Right now it soncists of Randy Orton (the most over guy in the company), Batista (the top heel in the company), John Cena (the biggest star in the company), and Sheamus (the up and coming monster heel). Putting aside Jericho and Edge (as we dont know where they fit on the card yet). None of those guys are leaving the title chace any time soon, and nor should they. This means that for people trying to break into the main event it's not an easy task, and if they try and chase the title the've got to get past the biggest names in the company. Look at what it took Sheamus to become a credible ME force. 5 pump kicks to the skull of HHH. That's the reason I'm annoyed with the draft. SD can make stars, that's where it excels. It takes midcarders and makes them stars. However when you take people on the cusp of the main event and place them on a show with the biggest and stars fighting over the title, they've got one hell of a task breaking in. Most of the guys Raw took are no great loss. However Morrison's main eventing days look a lot further away today than they did on Friday. Which annoys me because I like JoMo.

Also, Jericho moving to Raw means that Barrett's likely to go there once NXT is over. Which is bad for two reasons. The first is the aforementioned super-stacked main event and the second is because I was hoping he'd reform his FCW tag team with Drew McIntrye. Which would be awesome, because it'd give them morse exposure to be able to travel between all of the brands cutting awesome promos and doing dastardly deeds.

You may like him, but that doesnt mean those days werent far away.

the ME push for him failed. the decision for him to go to RAW was made directly after the EC main event, I am absolutely positive of it.

I think Jericho and Edge will be upper midcarders to help Morrison and R-Truth be elevated. Jericho has had many feuds without the title and Edge needs one desperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back