Supplemental Draft

After watching nearly the entire Supplemental draft on the live chat on WWE Universe, I have thought about it for a while now, and here is my opinion of the supplemental draft.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
Mr. Kennedy
WWE Unified Tag Team Champion Primo
Nikki Bella
Chavo Guerrero
Hornswoggle
WWE Unified Tag Team Champion Carlito
Festus
The Brian Kendrick
Brie Bella

RAW thoughts: I personally think Monday Night RAW got the worst of the supplemental draft. With the exception of Carlito & Primo, everyone else is going to be buried underneath the star power that is the RAW roster. The Brian Kendrick is a very solid all around wrestler but will not have any chance to continue further than mid to low card status. Festus is going to drop off the map completely, along with the Bella's, who can't compete with GOOD wrestling diva's like Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, and so on. Hornswoggle was a absolute waste of a pick. Chavo is going to be pushing around Vickie and be a glorified jobber. And who knows when Mr. Kennedy is going to come back from injury? Bottom line, the "flagship" show of the WWE really failed this year.

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
Shad
Alicia Fox
Mike Knox
Candice Michelle
Ricky Ortiz
Layla
John Morrison
JTG
Dolph Ziggler
Charlie Haas

Smackdown thoughts: While Smackdown didn't have the best DRAFT, they did get the best pick of the draft, with John Morrison. Everyone knows he is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE right now, and he is really good on the mic. Mike Knox will do well on Smackdown, running threw the entire roster. I also like Dolph Ziggler moving to SD to get a small to moderate push. He should be able to show the WWE fans that he is actually a talented guy and might even get a Intercontinental Title run. A possible reunion with Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin is intriguing but other than that, the rest of the picks are pretty useless. What are Cryme Tyme going to do? Unless Carlito and Primo move around brands like they have been, Shad and JTG will be doing nothing.

TUESDAY NIGHT ECW
Ezekiel Jackson
Zack Ryder
DH Smith
Natalya Neidhart
Hurricane Helms

ECW thoughts: I am an old school ECW fan, and just like the rest of you, I'm disappointed with the way ECW has gone, HOWEVER, I think ECW did the best in the supplemental draft this year. I mean, look what they did. They dropped useless talent like Ricky Ortiz, Hornswoggle, and Alicia Fox. The only big loss they suffered was John Morrison. They still have top teir talent like Christian, Finlay, and Evan Bourne. And now, they have names that can definitely thrive on ECW. I think Ezekiel Jackson will break out of that "bodyguard" gimmick and wreak havoc on ECW. I really, really, like the Zack Ryder choice. He is the better of the tag team in my opinion, and given time, he could become a big star in the land of Extreme. DH Smith and Natalya can now join up with Tyson "TJ Wilson" Kidd and bring the Next Generation Hart Foundation to ECW, which is a great thing. And too round it out, you have Gregory "Hurricane" Helms, who is another very talented WRESTLER on ECW. I pray that the Hurricane reverts back to his heel Gregory Helms gimmick and goes after the ECW title.

That's all I got on the draft, and that's the way it is.

Mr. Kennedy to RAW- Even if he stays healthy RAW is stacked right now, so I really don't see him doing much.

Cryme Tyme to Smackdown- Cryme Tyme is a great comedy act and solid in the ring. They'll do the same stuff they did on RAW, and maybe team up with R-Truth as well.

Colons to RAW- All this did was put the tag titles on RAW so Legacy could win them easier. However, I hope the tag titles are defended on all three brands.

Mike Knox to Smackdown- He'll dominate jobbers for a few weeks, lose a couple matches to a main eventer, and be back doing jack shit within a month or two.

Ezekiel Jackson to ECW- I think he has a great chance to develop his skills on ECW and show if he can become something special.

Zach Ryder to ECW- Unless they completely repackage him he'll be nothing but a jobber.

Chavo to RAW- He won't do anything besides push Vickie's wheelchair.

Ricky Ortiz to Smackdown- He didn't do anything on ECW and he'll do even less on Smackdown.

Hornswoggle to RAW- A few comedy spots here and there.

DH Smith to ECW- He'll team with Natalya and Tyson Kidd and form a new version of the Hart Foundation. This is a good way to test them and see if they could make it on one of the main brands.

John Morrison to Smackdown- Start out as a mid carder and then if he gets a good reaction he'll get a main event push.

Festus to RAW- RAW is so stacked he could get lost in the shuffle, but he's over with the fans so we'll see.

Dolph Ziggler to Smackdown- I don't see him doing much of anything.

Kendrick to RAW- See Dolph Ziggler

Charlie Haas to Smackdown- If they team him back up with Benjamin he'll be fine, otherwise he'll be back to doing nothing.

Helms to ECW- Seems like a good move, but Burchill to ECW seemed like a good move to and Burchill hasn't done shit.

All of the divas switching brands- Completely irrelevant.

We now have Knox, Ortiz, Morrison, Cryme Tyme, and Ziggler, all of whom have enormous potential, and let's not forget Charlie Haas. All of these young up-and-comers have started to make a name for themselves and I think one or more of them could push through the mid-card ceiling before the end of the year, if they're given the chance to shine.

I chuckled.

Time for you to finally flourish, Shaman!

I really like the Ziggler character. I thought his first match with Batista he looked ok. There was no way he was gonna win at the time, but I think there is potential. The cocky kid from LA is a gimmick. I think with a little development he could develop into a solid midcarder.

I also like Cryme Tyme. I didn't understand the move since the Colons got moved to Raw. This is like the only tag team on SD! Since they broke up Hawkins and Ryder, Jesse and Festus, & Kendrick and Jackson. They need to put Haas and Benjamin back together for a run to build this division back up.

I can only hope though!

Tastycles' Supplemental Draft review

I'm not going to do an exhaustive draft review here, because I don't give a shit about most of the moves, I'll just give a brief outline of winners and losers:

Winners: Anybody who has ended up on Smackdown. Without the megastars, there is a legitimate chance for just about anyone to rise to the top here and let themselves have a real crack of the whip going forward.

Also, Helms and DH Smith. Neither were getting used on Smackdown, now Helms is likely to get TV time, and Smith will join the inevitible new Hart Foundation, where nobody's surname is Hart, but no-one cares.

Finally, Chavo. Without Vickie, he has nothing, and now he is back with her and safe for the time being.

Losers: Any midcarder going to Raw. This will kill Kennedy's momentum dead, and the same can be said for Kendrick and Festus.

I don't see good things in Ricky Ortiz's future, except endeavours.

The tag team division. Before the draft, these were recognised tag teams:

Miz and Morrison
Ryder and Hawkins
Cryme Tyme
Priceless
Kendrick and Jackson
Finlay and Hornswoggle
Peimo and Carlito
Jesse and Festus

Which, while a lot of them are shit, is a division of 8.

Now we have Priceless, Primo and Carlito and Cryme Tyme. That's only 3. Unless we are going to see some new tag teams soon, I do not see how the division will last much longer, save for the inevitible Legacy has the Tag team and WWE championships storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back