• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE SummerSlam: WWE World Championship - Deam Ambrose (c) VS Dolph Ziggler

"Why won't WWE give ziggler a chance he deserves it!
*Finally gets a chance*
"Why tf did ziggler win we wanted Bray Wyatt!"
You guys piss me off I'm happy Ziggler won and forward to the build up for this match.

Wow, I can't believe all the insane hatred for Dolph Ziggler on WrestleZone.

Is it that much different than blind love?

Ziggler is a proven draw

No he isn't.

and a main event talent,

But he isn't, is he.

and you consider him on the same level as NXT nobodies?

The same level a Crews, Corbin is above him

Ziggler was the second biggest star in last night's #1 Contender Match after John Cena.

Sure, if you discount Wyatt and Styles.

I'm sure we could have a hearty debate on this issue, however it'll just end up with you stating things as fact, like Ziggler has headlined ten WrestleMania's, or something. Or something even more baffling like Dolph is a constant show stealer. The former has more credibility.

Is it that much different than blind love?

No he isn't.

But he isn't, is he.

The same level a Crews, Corbin is above him

Sure, if you discount Wyatt and Styles.

I'm sure we could have a hearty debate on this issue, however it'll just end up with you stating things as fact, like Ziggler has headlined ten WrestleMania's, or something. Or something even more baffling like Dolph is a constant show stealer. The former has more credibility.

Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews are both FAR below Dolph Ziggler's star power.

Yes, Dolph Ziggler IS a main eventer. Far more than AJ Styles or Bray Wyatt. Styles has been a big fish in a little pond his entire career, and he has yet to prove himself as a top star in WWE. ANYONE can get cheered like crazy when they're against Roman Reigns, and John Cena can have great matches with anyone who has a heartbeat. What Styles does from here will determine if he can make it.

And Bray Wyatt has been given dozens of chances to make it at the top, and always fails. If you want to believe that it's somehow Kane's fault, and Undertaker's fault, and John Cena's fault, and Chris Jericho's fault, and Dean Ambrose's fault, that Wyatt can't get over, that's your business. But logic dictates it's Bray Wyatt's fault.

"Why won't WWE give ziggler a chance he deserves it!
*Finally gets a chance*
"Why tf did ziggler win we wanted Bray Wyatt!"
You guys piss me off I'm happy Ziggler won and forward to the build up for this match.

Y'all need to get over this argument. People wanted Dolph Ziggler 3 years ago, not so much nowadays. And why should they? The guy has been phoning it in for the past 2 and a half years and he's not nearly as good as the marks claim him to be which was proven by his mediocre title run. He's had absolutely 0 character development, basically since his repackaging in 2008. He's been content with doing shit all for the longest time, making himself look like a goof by claiming to "steal the show" while being a pre-show mainstay. All of the sudden he's challenging for a title that was defended in a Shield triple threat last week?

It's too much too soon. There's this important thing in wrestling called continuity and WWE decided to throw it out the window last night.

I'm not nearly as pissed off about this as others seem to be but I can get why they would find this decision baffling. Just, for the love of God stop acting like everybody has wanted Dolph Ziggler to be the man. It hasn't been true for a long time.

Dude, the buffalo crowd LOVED IT. I LOVED IT!!! I didn't think Dolph stood a chance. When he won I jumped out of my seat. Ambrose & Ziggler will STEAL THE SHOW. I totally disagree with the posters saying Smackdown stinks. Please!! Smackdown has Ranallo and JBL who play great off of each other. The TOP card of Smackdown is stacked. It wouldn't have mattered who won. Cena, AJ, Ziggler, and Bray are all TOP stars. Very happy to see Dolph get a shot. You wanna talk about paying your dues? This guy has paid his dues. Looking forward to this match.

At SummerSlam 2016, Dean Ambrose will defend his WWE Championship against Dolph Ziggler. At first this looks like a lackluster match, a disappointing decision really, mainly because Ambrose hasn't really clicked as the champion and Ziggler's position in the card was way too low to be an acceptable contender.

But they knew that. It's obvious from the assistant creative junior, to the head writer, that the match didn't have a big fight feel and, most likely isn't worthy of the WWE Championship. So, I want to know what you guys think is the point of the story? - turn Ziggler or Ambrose heel? Just have a good match and be done with it? Add a third person to it?

I mean, why Ziggler and why now? Discuss!

At SummerSlam 2016, Dean Ambrose will defend his WWE Championship against Dolph Ziggler. At first this looks like a lackluster match, a disappointing decision really, mainly because Ambrose hasn't really clicked as the champion and Ziggler's position in the card was way too low to be an acceptable contender.

But they knew that. It's obvious from the assistant creative junior, to the head writer, that the match didn't have a big fight feel and, most likely isn't worthy of the WWE Championship. So, I want to know what you guys think is the point of the story? - turn Ziggler or Ambrose heel? Just have a good match and be done with it? Add a third person to it?

Easy.

Summerslam's two main matches are gonna be Lesnar vs Orton and Styles vs Cena II. A third main event will be Rollins vs Balor.

Who are the guys from Smackdown that hold some revelancy and could face Ambrose? Ziggler and Wyatt. Who doesn't get hurt by a loss here? Ziggler. Who has higher potential to be a bigger star for the future? Bray. Hmm..

So we have Ziggler do the job now, and keep the big Championship matches (vs Orton, Cena, Styles and Bray) for the future, Smackdown exclusive PPVs, that will need strong and fresh matches in order to be sold!

Eh. It definitely falls under the umbrella of "Anything Can Happen" unexpected moments. I give them that. But there is no way this is anything else but Dean Ambrose padding his title defenses. Dolph Ziggler hasn't been all that over since 2013. There are many, many more viable options than him to Main Event a PPV like Summerslam, but I am sure it will be a decent enough match but fall short when we see Lesnar/Orton and Balor/Rollins.

That's a matter of opinion, not fact. Ambrose/Ziggler is an infinitely bigger matchup to a lot of people than Rollins/Balor. Just because the IWC jacks it to Finn Balor doesn't mean it's the bigger match to everyone else. Rollins vs. Balor for a meaningless championship is a throwaway piss break for me. For me the story of Ambrose vs. Ziggler is incredibly simple - a deserving star won a #1 Contender match and is facing the WWE Champion. That's all the story it needs. For me, SummerSlam is a test to see if Dean Ambrose can bring it up to Dolph Ziggler's level.

I'm shocked Ziggler is getting a shot. I think Ambrose will win but Ziggler will look good. I'm hoping he turns heel. Face Ziggler is so stale.

No problem with it what so ever. Ziggler is still very much over and he has put in his time. Listening to Dolphs promo the other night you get the sense they are taking his character in a "I got my mojo back" type thing. Dolph being a major player on Smackdown to me isn't the worst thing. It's up to him to perform though.

Yes he won't win the strap at Summerslam but this isn't the worst thing.

No problem with it what so ever. Ziggler is still very much over and he has put in his time. Listening to Dolphs promo the other night you get the sense they are taking his character in a "I got my mojo back" type thing. Dolph being a major player on Smackdown to me isn't the worst thing. It's up to him to perform though.

Yes he won't win the strap at Summerslam but this isn't the worst thing.

Shhhh....you're not allowed to talk about Dolph Ziggler being over, despite it being fact. This is WrestleZone, ONLY recent NXT talents are allowed to be over and talked about as if they are worth pushing. Stop stating truth and start talking about how amazing Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews are.

Like I said before, I still think it should have been Wyatt given the momentum he's been building up whereas Dolph came up on the losing end of a Corbin feud.

However, I think they should have waited to build Dolph back up. The promo he gave on Smackdown is a good little story for him, and it could easily work, but they blew their load on him too early. They should have had him come close to winning the 6-way, then that fuels the promos even more on his "road to redemption". Give him a PPV win against someone, and then finally pull the trigger and give him his title match when he's red hot, not after doing the job to Corbin for 3 or 4 months.

A part of me believes this is WWE's way of giving a loyal employee an award. A WWE Championship match at one of the big pay per views, and Ziggler and Ambrose are going to be in the same ring in front of a New York crowd for a word title match, so you're almost guaranteed a strong reaction from the fans at Barclays. It's almost impossible to keep track of Ziggler's clean pinfall losses, and he's been around for a while, so maybe Vince and the powers that be came up with the decision to give Ziggler a big match for his services.

Personally, I've never been a big Ziggler fan, and I don't buy into his character or his taglines. Ziggler works hard in the ring, and he deserves credit for busting his ass during his matches, but I can only think of one "show stealing" match from Ziggler, and that happened against Daniel Bryan at Bragging Rights six years ago.

I have to believe Ziggler is nothing more than a short-term solution, and Dean retaining is a sure-fire guarantee, because there's no real reason to end his run as champion now. Cena and AJ need to end their feud first, and after that, I'm sure Ziggler will return to the mid-card, and we'll see Cena and AJ back in the title picture.

The positives about this match are that both Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler are both excellent workers in the ring and will probably have an outstanding match at SummerSlam, and they are wrestling for the most prestigious championship in the history of professional wrestling, the negatives are that Ziggler's been basically buried by WWE for such a long time that all of a sudden elevating him to challenge for the belt makes the match feel second-rate especially if you compare it to the WWE Universal title match between Seth Rollins and Finn Balor and it sort of feels like WWE might actually have done this to intentionally make Smackdown's title match look and feel inferior to Raw's.

What I am hoping is that Bray Wyatt is healthy enough and therefore he could be added in this title match for Summerslam.

The post match attack by Bray and Rowan suggest that it could happen. That could be a great way to give him a title shot.

What I am hoping is that Bray Wyatt is healthy enough and therefore he could be added in this title match for Summerslam.

The post match attack by Bray and Rowan suggest that it could happen. That could be a great way to give him a title shot.

I really don't understand what they're trying to do with Bray here and in general. It seems like they want him as a main event player, but they're not really committed to his character. Hence, he finds himself once more without a proper feud for another big PPV after WrestleMania. I mean, if he was meant to be added, he would have won against Ziggler, but he didn't, so I don't see how he's going to be added after losing TWO opportunities to earn a title shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back