WWE Ruins TNA's Plans?

16mikeytot

DAMN My Ex-Gf just got implants!!!
This is a report from pw.

About six weeks ago, Jeff Jarrett said on Twitter that he was hoping TNA could hold a PPV on June 19th, 2011 since that date is a Sunday and the anniversary of the company's first event. WWE announcing June 19th, 2011 as the date for their Fatal 4-Way PPV puts an end to Jarrett's dream.

Haha what do you guys think of this? I think it's funny because I believe Wwe did this because Tna went out and are doing the Hard Justice pay-per-view which is Ecw themed. This obviously was a big day for Tna cause it was their first event and im pretty sure they would of planned something special. So do you think Wwe should hold a pay-per-view that day? Or do you believe Tna should go ahead and do the pay-per-view that day anyways? Your Thoughts..

It wouldn't surpise me if the WWE booked the day to fuck with TNA. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me if they booked that date without knowing. Technically TNA was founded on May 11, so I figure it'd be fine to have a PPV then or just make that year's Slammiversary a bigger show.

However, since viewing The Rise and Fall of WCW and how the conclusion of that DVD was that TNA was the reason for the fall of WCW I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't have a hand in picking that exact date to fuck with them.

I'm thinking they should of just booked the date, instead of announcing it on twitter. I mean crap.... "I think i'm going to invest in wal-mart sooner then later" Then a weeks later someone does it and makes a shit load of cash. That's my damn fault for not doing anything sooner.

Why not have a 3 hour special on TV, since these guys are so fan orientated. Hell, do it that Sunday, talk about competition then.

One show has a PPV, the other show, has a free super event... That might help TNA out with their ratings.

I'm thinking they should of just booked the date, instead of announcing it on twitter. I mean crap.... "I think i'm going to invest in wal-mart sooner then later" Then a weeks later someone does it and makes a shit load of cash. That's my damn fault for not doing anything sooner.

Why not have a 3 hour special on TV, since these guys are so fan orientated. Hell, do it that Sunday, talk about competition then.

One show has a PPV, the other show, has a free super event... That might help TNA out with their ratings.

you know what? that makes ALOT of sense. I mean why not put out a good quality 3 hour show on tv? Advertise it possibly like "getting high quality ppv matches with out the ppv price" and take some of the viewership from people who just cant afford the ppv or who choose not to.

About six weeks ago, Jeff Jarrett said on Twitter that he was hoping TNA could hold a PPV on June 19th, 2011 since that date is a Sunday and the anniversary of the company's first event. WWE announcing June 19th, 2011 as the date for their Fatal 4-Way PPV puts an end to Jarrett's dream.

Haha what do you guys think of this? I think it's funny because I believe Wwe did this because Tna went out and are doing the Hard Justice pay-per-view which is Ecw themed. This obviously was a big day for Tna cause it was their first event and im pretty sure they would of planned something special. So do you think Wwe should hold a pay-per-view that day? Or do you believe Tna should go ahead and do the pay-per-view that day anyways? Your Thoughts..

I don't honestly think that WWE could give a flying freaking hell about what TNA is doing. This likely just worked out for their schedule. They booked the date first. To quote James Storm, sorry about your damn luck, Jeff. WWE has every right to book the dates that they want to have their PPVs on. TNA is unfortunately in the position where they will have to work around the big dog's schedule or get bit.

TNA SHOULD NOT do the PPV on the same day. That would result in a disastrous buy-rate. If they wanted to do something like the old NWA, they could schedule a TV event during that day to try to get cheapskates (like me admittedly) to avoid paying $45 for a WWE PPV by watching a TNA special on Spike TV. This could prove somewhat fruitful if they can promote it right.

Edit: CuddleBuns84 beat me to the punch on this one as I was typing.

WWE probably booked the PPV a year, months, or even weeks in advance prior to TNA. I don't think that the WWE did it out of spite since they don't acknowledge TNA or any wrestler that isn't under their payroll. I think we are looking way too into this. It would of been nice for TNA to hold the Slammiversary PPV on that date, but its not like they have held the Slammiversary PPV on that date every year. Sometimes not even on that same month. Wrestlemania isn't held at the end of March every year. Sometimes it is held at the first of April.

As long as its held in the month of June, I don't see the difference. Especially since TNA's real anniversary is in May 10th.

hold the ppv on the same day, make it free on spike tv, have Dixie Carter come to my door offering me ten dollars and to make drinks and snacks for me while i watch, it doesnt matter what they do. Any time TNA winds up on my tv, 20 minutes later im asking myself out loud, 'why the hell am I STILL watching this'.

WWE didnt do it on purpose, mainly because they dont have to do that kind of thing to TNA. The big anniversary show would have flopped, just showing that even when they try to make a special event, they just cant do it.
I might, MIGHT, watch if they brought back the world cup.

It's called competition, people. Companies do that.

WWE always has PPVs on 4-5 week intervals.

If TNA has the balls to keep competing with WWE, they can have their big anniversary show going against a minor WWE PPV.

I'm gonna take CuddleBuns' idea and add another thing to it. I would book that Sunday as a special live Impact. Obviously, if TNA was to go against WWE in buyrates it would get trumped. But still there are a lot of guys that don't choose to buy a PPV that still want to watch some wrestling on a Sunday night. Why not give the best TNA has to offer on free TV. Not only that but have it live, uncut and uncensored (well as much as TV-14 will offer) so that fans could have the full wrestling experience.

This is just my personal view but WWE didn't do it to fuck with TNA, I don't think they give two shits what TNA does. If you look at the dates PPV's are held on WWE's calendar, they all are held a day after or before, or sometimes a week depending on how it works, some PPVs are different such as WrestleMania, sometimes its March sometimes its April depending on how things work out. the year prior to that. Fatal 4 Way was held on the 20th of June this year, next year its the 19th, makes sense. Plus WWE books the arena in advance. This situation is different because its two different types of entertainment but in November WWE is coming to the U.K., the 8th of November for me at the Newcastle Metro Radio Arena and I bet they plan in advance whereas on Metal Hammer, a music site I check daily, when there's a band touring its generally after WWE announces their touring so they work round it, yet still book for November. Its a different scenario for sure but I think people will get where I'm coming from.

A similar thing happened late 2008, TNA had a ppv scheduled I think it was December ppv...and WWE had to bump their ppv for some reason and because they were going head to head...TNA decided to pull out and do it a week early I think...

However, next year I am kind of hoping TNA go head to head...if its that much of a huge day for them which I believe it is, then why the hell not...

I think that WWE had absolutely no idea or interest that TNA was planning on doing something special for their company on this date. I think it just happened like this, because it was best for WWE's schedule. I'm sure TNA will still be able to pull something out to happen that'll just be as special though. Probably like some of you have said, a free TV event.

I don't think that the WWE did it out of spite since they don't acknowledge TNA or any wrestler that isn't under their payroll.

They don't acknowledge them publicly but don't think for a minute they aren't concerned with what TNA is doing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vince didn't book his PPV on that day purposely.

TNA shouldn't cry about WWE messing up their plans, either. Not after what they pulled on Monday nights in January. In fact, if TNA has learned nothing from that debacle, I wouldn't be shocked to see them put on their PPV on the same day as WWE.

Hulk Hogan: "We'll do our thing on the same day as the other guys.....and I guarantee we'll get a million buys, brother!"

First of all, I don't think the WWE is worrying too much about TNA. Secondly, if they are worrying about TNA right now, they have issues.

I personally don't think it's funny whether they did it on purpose or not. I think it's rather unfortunate...but I don't think the exact date has much to do with anything. They can just hold it the week before or week after and it will be the same thing. The year is what counts the most. The month comes next...and if you can get the exact day? That's great...but it's pretty much meaningless.

I personally don't think Jeff Jarrett cares all that much about it. I don't see why anybody would.

If WWE is holding a pay-per-view that day...I don't think TNA should hold theirs that day. Not because I think WWE is a better product...but because other people do. And TNA would never do that. Even if they had better ratings than WWE they wouldn't do that. WCW had better ratings than WWF/E for 3+ years and they never did that. It's just not a smart thing to do whatsoever because you will always have less people buying your product than you could without any other option regardless. It's just common sense.

I too am of the opinion that WWE didn't book their PPV against TNA out of spite. If TNA feels so strongly about having the exact month and day, then I'm all for a "Clash of the Champions" type show on cable as opposed to PPV. I like TNA, but the fact is they'll get killed if they go head to head with WWE on pay-per-view. We all saw what happened on Mondays. The company just isn't ready yet.

If it will be a live, 3 hour PPV caliber show on "free TV", TNA will need to go all out, kind of like the NWA did with the first Clash of Champions. Huge main event, incredibly strong undercard, very few (if any) "throw away" matches, and plenty of storytelling. A surprise or two may help, but it doesn't have to be "one right after the other" like the 1/4 show was.

The point is, TNA needs to (pardon the pun) make an impact. An incredibly strong show for free would probably do well vs. a PPV event, regardless of the quality that WWE puts out. TNA could also make some decent money off of advertising for such a high level event. Who knows... maybe this could lead into that rumor that was going around where TNA was going to drop PPV all together and run all their big shows on Spike.

I remember back in 1988....WWF at the time, ran the first ever royal rumble live on USA one night, to go against a NWA/WCW PPV. cant remember which PPV it was at the moment. but the rest is history.

so if TNA does the same thing, kudos for them. I doubt they will have the success that WWF/E had, but one can hope cant they?

After reading some of these other comments. A free event held on Spike that has a pay per view atmosphere and perhaps some surprises and new and improved matches (kind of like the Royal Rumble at its time) could, in fact, do the trick.

Scrap the women out of there. Limit Hogan to his time on screen. Have a brand new innovative match that could potentially interest people enough to NOT spend money and just watch this event instead...and run with it. Get the viewers that one night and put on a show that will keep a good amount of viewers interested in your product for the future.

I remember back in 1988....WWF at the time, ran the first ever royal rumble live on USA one night, to go against a NWA/WCW PPV. cant remember which PPV it was at the moment. but the rest is history.

I'm fairly certain the NWA PPV in question was Starrcade. The first Clash of Champions with Flair/Sting headlining actually ran opposite Wrestlemania IV. Same deal on both sides though... free TV vs. a PPV/Closed Circuit show.

EDIT: The NWA PPV was actually Bunkhouse Stampede.

I dont think WWE did it on purpose. WWE dont care about TNA and probally wont till they start getting better rating and PPV buys. I mean It was said on pwinsider that the last 2 TNA PPV's are believed to have under 8000's buys thats sad. so until TNA starts doing better WWE aint going to give a shit about them. I like the idea about a free PPV like thing for TNA but im going to say right now I would rather pay $40 or $45 to watch a WWE PPV than TNA. YES IM A WWE MARK. If TNA does decide to go head to head on PPV well that will mark the beginnig of the end of TNA because WWE will DESTROY them on PPV WWE brings out the best on PPV.

It's a date in time. If TNA wanted to get around said problem, book the date even more in advanced. I seriously doubt that the WWE could give two shits about when TNA's anniversary show is and add on top of that I doubt that Vince even knows when they debuted as a company. It is TNA's fault for not going out and getting a spot for the PPV. All you can say is, you snooze you lose, pal.

They plan their PPV schedule way in advance. I'm sure it was a coincidence like someone pointed out it was on the 20th this year so next year it's on the 19th. If TNA wanted to do theirs on the 12th and WWE moved it a week earlier than this years then it would be obvious they were fucking TNA. This is just them keeping up with their schedule.

The WWE books its PPV schedule pretty much like clockwork i doubt they even cared about what jarret said on twitter.

If u remember 6 months ago TNA was still in the Monday night wars part two: Revenge of the Hogan(i kid i kid) so they probably schedule the TNA PPV to run at the same time as the WWE PPV to compete with it to tie in with the MNW2.

Yea its pretty sus that WWE put their ppv on that day after TNA wanted to. They just paranoid that all their little 5 year old fans are going to TNA. but i want TNA to be 16+ so no kids can watch it so they can be the like original ecw doing hardcore shit and swearing.

I also wouldnt be surprised (because Jeff Jarret is a passionate person) that TNA might put their ppv on the same date. what harm could that do tna fans watch tna and wwe fans watch wwe so ....... i dont get it anyone help me out?

tna%20on%20spike%20tv.jpg

The more I look at this the more I come to the same conclusion as most people do, WWE did NOT rain on TNA's parade intentionally. The PPV was probably booked before this announcement and what jerrett and TNA is saying just seems to be sour grapes. So i will refer myself to my previous post in the subject, just do a ppv caliber show on TV. The funny thing is it looks like this will happen the night after HardCORE Justice. So it looks like they have the concept right but the timing is a bit off

Yea its pretty sus that WWE put their ppv on that day after TNA wanted to. They just paranoid that all their little 5 year old fans are going to TNA. but i want TNA to be 16+ so no kids can watch it so they can be the like original ecw doing hardcore shit and swearing.

I also wouldnt be surprised (because Jeff Jarret is a passionate person) that TNA might put their ppv on the same date. what harm could that do tna fans watch tna and wwe fans watch wwe so ....... i dont get it anyone help me out?

Are you fucking stupid? First of all, what is "sus"? I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say there. Secondly, and I put this in my previous post, if TNA wanted to book that date, then they should have made it in advance even more. WWE books their dates multiple months to a year in advance. That is common knowledge. How do you combat that? Choose a date even earlier and stick to your guns. I doubt Vince knows when TNA's debut was, so it was likely not intentional. Get over yourself in thinking that Vince is out to screw TNA, when he couldn't give two shits about them. Oh and get over your TNA should be like old ECW thinking. That would be a massive fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back