• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 - WWE Championship - The Miz (c) vs. Randy Orton

If they wanted to set up Punk vs. Orton at Wrestlemania, a good way to start the buildup would be if Punk cost Orton the match at the Royal Rumble.

Fun story: I'm sitting on my sofa, watching RAW. I'll admit, I'm a bit taken by these dumb rumours by wrestling's wannabe journalists that Vince wants to make things unpredictable; "shake things up" or whatever. As the match between The Miz and John Morrison goes on, I start to think that 2011 could be the start of this shake-up. Morrison will win the title and Miz will enact his rematch clause at the Rumble. Yeah, that's what gonna happen. Definitely.

Instead, Morrison loses, Orton wins some random triple threat cage match and here we are - stuck with this cold turd of a match. Terrific. I can assure you, I have no confidence in either Miz or Orton to put on a match worth watching. You've got the second most overrated wrestler in the business versus one of the only people to completely stink out a WrestleMania main event. This'll totally work out.

To steal from Alien vs. Predator of all places, whoever wins, we lose. We can but hope that whoever walks out of the Rumble with the title drops it at Elimination Chamber.

Wow I am really not looking forward to this match in the slightest. Their matches so far have been average at best, sure they have been technically sound but they have been fairly boring. The same can be said about the feud in general, it has been fine the promos have been good and all but damn it is just not that interesting.

As for the result I will be shocked if Miz loses, he is having a good run with the title so far and I can't see him losing just yet. Besides Orton has absolutely no need for another title run, his previous one was painfully boring, I'm not sure I could bear another one.

The Orton/Cena in WWE Title Match Streak continues. The Miz will beat Orton and sadly will face off against Cena at WM27. Not excited for this match at all since Orton has as much as chemistry with Miz as he does with Barrett. Zero!

I predict that Orton beats the Miz by disqualification, allowing Miz to retain the title.

Chris Jericho then wins the Royal Rumble, and Randy Orton wins the Elimination Chamber to set up that match at WM for the WWE title.

Miz is my favorite wrestler due to his mic skills, tag team history, and in ring skill, so I really hope that he wins. I made a thread stating my concerns for Miz at royal rumble, and got the same responses, but I will take what i said there and say it here. Miz has not one clean, 1-2-3, credible win since his title reign. Sure he beat Morrison in falls count anywhere, and Lawler in TLC, but i will not count hose. At RR, it's 1-2-3. The way Miz is being booked is being done brilliantly , i have heard, because he has to look weak and beatable. I do think Miz will retain, and hopefully in a clean way. But I predict Miz will win... somehow.

It is pretty obvious that Randy Orton is going to win because of the momentum over the past few weeks. But, I have to say The Miz was one of the most impressive WWE Championship holder I've ever seen. He defended the title lots of time and successfully retained if he can do it again well I'll +rep him, lol.

I don't really care for this match, even though The Miz has been one of my favorite superstars since his tag team days, i can't stand his medeoker (spelling sucks, i know) title defences. They are long and dried out. Orton deserves the best because he is the best and the only way to do that is if someone BIG returns at the rumble and is placed in the EC WWE Champ match, even then...Miz is gonna retain and Oton is going to be on the back burner. This new "Face" Randy Orton is ruining his career, he needs to go back to the cocky Age Of Orton Era and face at least decent opponents...thats just my opinion...so dont get all pissy

I love the concept of Jericho getting involved. Because as of late WWE haven't really been able to build on fued's, an example of this is the Sheamus/Morrison rivalry that is going very stale. But this could lead to a big match at WrestleMania and the fued would actually have a purpose. And I totally agree with your feelings toward Orton getting another title shot. I personally would like to see the likes of Morrison in their with a shot because we all know with Mania coming up superstars like Morrison are not really going to have a chance in the limelight seeing that Mania is the biggest PPV at making money so Vince will use the likes of Cena to draw in big viewing numbers.

Now, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Matt im 18 and really interested in everything that happens here in the wrestlezone forums. I find myself reading away and I have decided to give it a go.

Fun story: I'm sitting on my sofa, watching RAW. I'll admit, I'm a bit taken by these dumb rumours by wrestling's wannabe journalists that Vince wants to make things unpredictable; "shake things up" or whatever. As the match between The Miz and John Morrison goes on, I start to think that 2011 could be the start of this shake-up. Morrison will win the title and Miz will enact his rematch clause at the Rumble. Yeah, that's what gonna happen. Definitely.

Instead, Morrison loses, Orton wins some random triple threat cage match and here we are - stuck with this cold turd of a match. Terrific. I can assure you, I have no confidence in either Miz or Orton to put on a match worth watching. You've got the second most overrated wrestler in the business versus one of the only people to completely stink out a WrestleMania main event. This'll totally work out.

To steal from Alien vs. Predator of all places, whoever wins, we lose. We can but hope that whoever walks out of the Rumble with the title drops it at Elimination Chamber.

Sam, you're right, it doesn't matter who is going to win. This is one of the few times that either scenario is a lose/lose situation.

Miz isn't getting stale, but this is Mania time, a top dog should be wearing the belt teasing what could be Mania he was involved. Miz isn't showing that.
On the other hand we have Orton, a guy who is a top dog, has everything to maint event the biggest stage. BUT for some rason, Orton doesn't need the belt at all. He is great on his own.
Plus we need to take in mind the chemisty between these two, it isn't exactly Rock and Austin all over again. I wonder how they are going to pull off some good match without the "hardcore" rules?

Just like Sam said, at either case, let's hope that ate the EC PPV, there will be a new champion(CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!).

I'm really hoping that WWE isn't actually thinking this is going to be a good match. The odds are that Miz will win the match (more than likely with help from Alex Riley or by DQ). I can't stand Miz's title run, it got old two weeks ago and he can't really carry the title as well as everyone expected. I'm very much hoping that he loses even though that's unlikely. On the other hand, Orton really needs a new gig because he has been losing his steam lately too. Orton had the title a couple weeks ago and that title reign wasn't great so I'm not sure if I really want him to have the title either.

I'm really hoping that Morrison was going to get added into this match but we're all knowing that isn't going to happen this close to the PPV. Maybe the reason he wasn't in it is because he's going to win the Rumble? It's possible.

Whoever wins this match doesn't really matter anyways as the Elimination Chamber is the only title match that actually matters before WM.

I'm really hoping that WWE isn't actually thinking this is going to be a good match. The odds are that Miz will win the match (more than likely with help from Alex Riley or by DQ). I can't stand Miz's title run, it got old two weeks ago and he can't really carry the title as well as everyone expected. I'm very much hoping that he loses even though that's unlikely. On the other hand, Orton really needs a new gig because he has been losing his steam lately too. Orton had the title a couple weeks ago and that title reign wasn't great so I'm not sure if I really want him to have the title either.

Well the match isn't going to be a 5-star masterpiece, but I can guarantee you that the crowd will be into it. In the ring the two don't have the best chemistry, but they certainly can work a crowd enough for a match to be at the very least, watchable. And how is the Miz not carrying the title well? Ratings haven't been hurt, he's been representing the importance of being champion, and the belt itself better than most ever could with the way he's handelled the publicity outside the company. So he's a cowardly champion...so what? He's a cowardly obnoxious and egomanical jerk of a heel. It fits his persona! I can see why some people might have that beef with Sheamus,being potrayed as that guy, but not Miz, it fits him like a glove.

And how is Orton losing steam? I don't hear his reactions getting any less loud. If anything, they're at there loudest.

I'm going to go with The Miz here. I think he'll hold on to the title for a little while longer, but I don't see him making it past the Elimination Chamber as WWE Champion. There's a slight possibility of Miz going into Wrestlemania as WWE Champion, but I just can't see it happening. Miz should get some help from Alex Riley or the New Nexus in this one, because I'm sure he won't do this alone. Orton will remain in the title picture after this one is over. You just know he's going to have a spot in the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes from there.

Ehhhh, not so excited about this match. This match won't be anything we haven't seen on RAW in the last couple of months, other than longer. Randy Orton has nothing to do but go after gold. It'll be interesting to see how The Miz pull a victory out of his ass this time. I feel as if Miz needs a CLEAN victory toi actually solidify himself as the top dog of the WWE. I get that he's a heel/vulnerable champion, but he needs a clean victory for once. So that's what I'm hoping for. I can't see Miz making it passed Elimination Chamber with the WWE Championship. But he will somehow beat Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble.

I'm a huge Orton fan and yes this match had to happen, but I want Miz to retain here. Miz has def grown on me and if Vince is serious about the youth movement, ready or not, Miz has to go into Mania with the WWE Championship. Miz is the flagship of the youth movement as WWE Champion in my opinion.

This match won't be spectacular, but it'll be a nice way to end this feud and it SHOULD end at the Royal Rumble as I see a Raw guy winning the whole thing anyway. A win for Miz would really help build his credibilty as he needs it for a Mania build up. Back and forth match and hopefully Riley won't get too involved but we'll see there. Miz win this IMO.

Miz has to win this to save us from another Cena/Orton Match at Wrestlemania. Seeing as Miz is supposed to be the future of the Company, I dont see him losing his title until AFTER wrestlemania. So obviously Im going with Miz

When the Miz gets the win tomorrow if you listen real close, you will hear me in the distances yelling,"Fuck yeah"!
I think Miz will get the win in this match. He will most likely get it by DQ, but a win is a win where I come from. I think Orton's character is getting stale he dose not need the belt right now...Although I do like the idea of Orton getting the win and then Miz taking Riley's spot in the Rumble. That could be a great segment between the two.
In the end this match will do nothing for me, I am glad we got the Rumble itself to look forward to. That and Layla's sexy ass.

Personally i think the logical way for this match to go is for Miz to retain by hook or crook then lose the title at Elimination Chamber that way he doesnt look weak losing 1 on 1 to Orton, and leaving him back to square 1. Having said that i love the idea my wife (who is a total Miz-Fit) came out with, you have Orton beat Miz and take the title seeming leaving Miz with nowhere to go but later in the night Rumble entrant number 38 "AWSOME!!!" out comes Miz and wins the Rumble and in 1 year Miz has Money In The Bank, WWE Title, Royal Rumble Winner, & WM27 Main Event an unparralleld Achievement, i realise it a very long shot but its something that could happen with the push Miz has had this year

I really hope Miz retains tonight. Orton's title reigns are like Groundhog's Day...you keep thinking it'll be fresh and new, but it's the same program every time.

i think that orton should really win the mizz is stuck on hes self to much and hes really not that good yet.. alex riley needs to let the mizz win or lose on his own . beacause i think if you need help to win a match then you dont need the belt......

i was very surprised by this ending. not so much that miz won in a dirty way, but that the nexus helped him and punk gave a gts to orton. not sure where this is going

I thought this was a boring match until the last 5 minutes. As far as storyline goes, I think that CM Punk and the Nexus will now start a program with Randy that will have the two facing off at Wrestlemania. The Miz winning with help from the Nexus was weird and I would like to see this better explained as far as why they helped him.

I'm expecting The Miz to retain through Elimination Chamber, but probably drop it at WrestleMania. I think the Chamber will put Miz over more than any other match he has faced. He will be alone, with five other guys. I expect to see him win some respect from this match in order to sell his title defence at Wrestlemania.

The match with Orton and Miz was pretty good for the most part, and i definatly was not expecting to see the Nexus show up.

My best guess would be that Punk only did it because he thought the Miz would of been an easier match at Wrestlemania.

As I said in the aftermath thread I thought this match was very dull, Miz just isn't really good enough in the ring for this level yet and Orton for me still is not a great babyface worker, so the whole thing just came off as awkward and clumsy.

The finish was so silly as well, it's almost telling everyone that they are booking Orton vs Punk at Mania even though there was no reason for Punk to help Miz.

The match was pretty weak until the last few minutes, as to why Punk helped Miz it's simple......Orton cost Punk his first World Title when he punted him in the skull back in 2008, and Punk ended up losing the title without even getting beat in the ring, because that punt made him unable to defend the title that night in a championship scramble match.

Punk also said back at the Slammys that he holds grudges and doesn't forgive or forget things so that's why he cost Orton that match. This now sets up the feud for Wrestlemaina, one that I'm looking forward to.

The only downside to this though, is that Cena/Miz is now confirmed for WM and that match has the makings of being the worst Wrestlemaina main event of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back