• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE reportedly signs Alex Shelley

I can't say I ever saw this coming, good news tho. I'm not a huge fan but hopefully he can do some good things in the WWE and they pair him with someone like Tyson Kidd and beef up the tag division.

Weren't there reports like months ago saying they were in negotiations or some shit? Pretty sure this has been all but a done deal for awhile now.

He's working a Japan date on the 26th when New Japan tour the States, but after that I presume he'll be signing, he supposedly wanted to bypass development so we'll see how that goes. He has potential, and in modern day WWE, his size is irrelevant, so don't be surprised if overtime he achieves some measure of success.

Eh, where he's going to be for the next month or so is irrelevant. WWE policy is that you finish your dates first. After that you head to Tampa (usually). I like Shelley, but no matter what he wants he should have a run in FCW/NXT if for no other reason than to hammer out what WWE want out of him in the ring and as a personality. Better to endure stepping down to the minors for a while and ticking some boxes than risk pissing off higherups.

Eh, where he's going to be for the next month or so is irrelevant. WWE policy is that you finish your dates first. After that you head to Tampa (usually). I like Shelley, but no matter what he wants he should have a run in FCW/NXT if for no other reason than to hammer out what WWE want out of him in the ring and as a personality. Better to endure stepping down to the minors for a while and ticking some boxes than risk pissing off higherups.

Or being hailed a "failure" like Tensai, WWE supposedly coming to this conclusion after three weeks.

Wrestling Observer is stating the following
source
In an update, The Wrestling Observer reports that WWE sources are denying Shelley signed, as of Saturday afternoon. Shelley is booked for the upcoming New Japan Pro Wrestling tour in September and has been tweeting about how excited he is to wrestle in Japan. He is also graduating college in a week or so.

Even though WWE sources are denying that Shelley has signed, The Observer adds that there may be something to the reports that we aren't aware of yet.

So basically nothing is official as of now. SuperLuchas botched this report.

Or being hailed a "failure" like Tensai, WWE supposedly coming to this conclusion after three weeks.

How else would you classify it? They hyped him up as some unbeatable monster from Japan, and when he finally debuted (or redebuted) he got almost no crowd reaction outside of "ALBERT!" Chants. The Lord Tensai character has been a total failure. As soon as people remembered Albert was never anything more than a midcarder, it was over. Lord Tensai has no charisma, no personality beyond "mean". So, he is just Albert wearing a different costume.

If he goes to the WWE, I don't think he'll go as far as Superstars or the Tag Team belts. He's a great wrestler but his mic work, personality & charisma isn't anything special. He'll be another one of those internet darlings that fall flat.

If he goes to the WWE, I don't think he'll go as far as Superstars or the Tag Team belts. He's a great wrestler but his mic work, personality & charisma isn't anything special. He'll be another one of those internet darlings that fall flat.

You're kidding right? Shelley's mice skills, charisma, & personality have been compared to Jericho. Shelley should bee just fine as long as WWE doesn't try & change what makes Shelley so great.

Why do you have to make me angry today?

Also, didn't they say the same things about Daniel Bryan? He's done pretty well.

Funny thing about Bryan. He wasn't renound for his personality before WWE, but something about their style has suited him and made him a guy with one of the best personalities around. Shelley's charisma and personality are more natural than 99% of wrestlers, as natural as guys like Chris Jericho or Roddy Piper. This is a guy that I just hope they can allow to be themselves, at least in some small format.

if it is true then i wish him the best. i was hoping that he would stay with tna. i would have loved to have seen motor city machine guns take on kaz and danials when sabin came back from injury. you never know maybe he will be the leader of aces and eights.

Wrestling Observer is stating the following

source
In an update, The Wrestling Observer reports that WWE sources are denying Shelley signed, as of Saturday afternoon. Shelley is booked for the upcoming New Japan Pro Wrestling tour in September and has been tweeting about how excited he is to wrestle in Japan. He is also graduating college in a week or so.

Even though WWE sources are denying that Shelley has signed, The Observer adds that there may be something to the reports that we aren't aware of yet.

So basically nothing is official as of now. SuperLuchas botched this report.

*cough* WWE denies all this.

You're kidding right? Shelley's mice skills, charisma, & personality have been compared to Jericho. Shelley should bee just fine as long as WWE doesn't try & change what makes Shelley so great.

Bingo. Shelley should be fine. The guy is talented across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back