WWE Raw to become 3 hours long every week

Makes me happy that I will have one less hour to have to starve myself before I can go get my ritualistic taco bell feast which accompanies wrestling broadcasts

Like people have said more room for guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, Truth and Kingston on the mid-card as well as a potentially rejuvenated tag division is great by me.

You just named people are on the show every week, currently

They are on the show but mostly featured in random, mostly pointless matches. Three hours would allow time for actual meaningful and well told, mid-card fueds featuring these guys to develop more consistently.

I don't have the desire or attention span for three hour Raws. I also think this will lead to more commercials, more product placement, more tired crowds and more DVR recording.

Oh well, it is more revenue.

and it is your beleif with yet another hour of programming to simply fill, this will be improved upon?

That hour of extra programming also contains the potential for additional backstage segments enabling interaction and cgharacter and fued development between the mid-card.

They can't just broadcast an extra hour of non-stop pointless matches with nothing to break it up. The potential is there for WWE to enhance the mid-card, the issue is whether they make they actually make the most of it.

That hour of extra programming also contains the potential for additional backstage segments enabling interaction and cgharacter and fued development between the mid-card.

They can't just broadcast an extra hour of non-stop pointless matches with nothing to break it up. The potential is there for WWE to enhance the mid-card, the issue is whether they make they actually make the most of it.

I admire your faith and optimism. I question your logic, reasoning and your Fab Five but do I admire your faith and optimism.

Just give me The Steve Austin Hour every week. As if anybody actually wants to watch Kofi Kingston.
If he gets to do his own thing and develop a character - why not? If he wrestles the same match he wrestled the last two years because of what can you do in four minutes - well, then no.

So Raw, which we see for free each week will technically be longer than the PPVs they charge $50 for, hmm interesting.

I'm not sure that a lot of people really want to sit through an hour of midcarders.

Thing is though, WWE's got to find a consistent way of filling that extra hour. They can't rely on gimmicks like they usually do for 3 hour shows. MEers can't be given a ton more time because, well how much more time can they realistically be given (I'm sure we'll find out)? and the WWE's roster isn't really large enough to have endless short matches. WWE doesn't really have much of a choice but give the midcard more time than they presently get. It won't be an hour more (they'll be lucky to get half of the extra time Raw's getting), but it will inevitably get some more time.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

I would not be shocked if the extra hour just turns into recaps, & video packages eventually.

In Canada, RAW doesn't start until 9:15 because we have a fifteen minute pre-show that recaps the previous RAW. If they can recap events in fifteen minutes here, what the hell would they do with the rest of the time?

First off, I'd rather watch Steve Austin stare at a wall for an entire hour than watch a single Kofi Kingston segment.

I like it. Another hour of Raw each week works for me.

I assume that Superstars will still be filmed at tapings and broadcast as its own show? Because all WWE could be doing is absorbing that extra hour of mid-card matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back