• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Over the Limit - Randy Orton vs. Edge

Gabriiel07

Dark Match Winner

Tensions between Randy Orton and Edge are reaching their breaking point in the lead-up to Over the Limit, where the Superstars once known collectively as the tag team Rated-RKO will go head-to-head.Joining the Raw roster in the 2010 WWE Draft, Edge was quick to establish himself as a dominating force on Monday nights, Spearing Randy Orton and costing The Viper a No. 1 contender’s spot just moments after he was drafted.

But WWE’s Apex Predator wasn’t about to slip down the food chain. Appearing on Edge’s talk show “The Cutting Edge” on the May 3 edition of Raw, an infuriated Orton silenced the former SmackDown Superstar, delivering an RKO not only to Edge, but to “Let’s Make a Deal” star Wayne Brady. When it comes to these two bitter rivals, not even Raw guest hosts are safe.

Before Orton put an abrupt end to the Raw return of “The Cutting Edge,” The Ultimate Opportunist suggested that the two Superstars once again join forces. As Rated-RKO, Orton and Edge became World Tag Team Champions in 2006, waging a series of battles with D-Generation-X before breaking up the following year. Given the last few tumultuous weeks, a Rated-RKO reunion seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Will The Viper be defanged, or will Orton make Edge regret being drafted to Raw? Find out at Over the Limit, live Sunday, May 23, only on pay-per-view.
Well, now that this match was announced on the Twitter of WWE and it is now officially anounced in WWE.com, what are your thoughts of this match. Is this feud going to be good? Is it going to continue for a long time? And why this match wasn't announced on the next RAW first? Are they going to add a stipulation to this match?

Share your thoughts.

I think this match should be for the number one contender slot. I would possibly have Edge come out on top and proceed to beat Cena at a upcoming soon PPV and become new champion. Then he can resume his feud with Orton with Orton as the top face of Raw chasing Edge for the title.

I think this match should be for the number one contender slot. I would possibly have Edge come out on top and proceed to beat Cena at a upcoming soon PPV and become new champion. Then he can resume his feud with Orton with Orton as the top face of Raw chasing Edge for the title.

Well, I think that your idea is very good, that would give the opportunity to Cena to finish his feud with Batista until Summerslam maybe, and Orton and Edge can continue with their feud for a long time.

I have a gigantic problem with this. In an age where we complain about lack of fresh feuds this is the one that hasn't been done. This should be built up around november go through the rumble and elimination chamber and find its way headline wrestlemania. These two had great chemistry as a tag team years ago and to just turn edge in one week and have the feud already reach ppv is just a shame. I expect it to be really good but still am disappointed as this is the best feud they have that hasnt happened yet

well Ive been waiting for this feud since the breakup of Rated-RKO, you could see the tension rising between the both of them!however it ended cause Edge cashed in the MitB and went to SD! and the rest is history

as far as the E is doing with both Orton and Edge, well I guess they are BOTH now tweeners.in the case of Edge because it didnt work his heel turn as it was supposed to be. but IT DOESNT MATTER they are going to have an awesome feud with an awesome build up/promos, with an awesome MATCH! I would love to see this feud go for at least 3ppv, you know Orton wins one, Edge wins another etc...

I think this could be a great feud to determine a contender to Cena while he is "beating" Batista and also Sheamus. but yes in a long time I wasnt with much expectations in a feud!:icon_biggrin:

another thing! i dont think edge and orton are going to be fueding for long because edge is the ultimate opportunist so what would he achieve out of fighting orton ? nothing! i think he knows orton is going to go for the title real soon so he's trying to take him out right now so he can be next in line for the title .

I am almost physically in love with this match.
edge as a heel = could sell out a show of him doing a 2 hour promo
randy orton as a face = beyond belief. because it wasnt a pushed turn or the writing staff randomly turning him into a guy who gives the generic "i will beat you for all these good people in the audience" promo. the fans made him a face, he still has the same character, hes now just the badass that will RKO ANYONE who stands in front of him.
both of these guys are just red hot right now, and this fued could very well be fued of the year, and forget those people who say this shudve waited till wrestlemania cuz 2008 chris jericho vs. hbk and 2009 cm punk vs. jeff hardy all started around now

another thing! i dont think edge and orton are going to be fueding for long because edge is the ultimate opportunist so what would he achieve out of fighting orton ? nothing! i think he knows orton is going to go for the title real soon so he's trying to take him out right now so he can be next in line for the title .

Well, the Ultimate Opportunist is know for being a very smart character that takes advantage of other, yeah he may be trying that, but I don't think that Orton is going to lose, he is a guy that knows when to strike too.

I think this match and feud is going to be awesome. Their last feud was back in 04 for the IC title and then they tagged together at the end of 06/beginning of 07, and the interaction between them since has been very limited so its fresh. I think after their match at OTL they'll be placed in the WWE Title match at Fatal 4 Way ppv along w/ John Cena and Sheamus. Edge might win tha title their and let Orton continue to chase him and let the feud culminate at SummerSlam with Orton finally winning the title and ushering a new "Orton Era" or "Age of Orton"

*pose*

I dont think that is going to have a stipulation....YET! probably if the feud continues, I would like to see a hardcore match kinda they had in single action against Foley. Obviously that is not going to happen...oh well...

but Ive been reading all these post and yes! you know that little period of time where Cena ISNT the champion and has lame feuds? well right there we could have an awesome feud bewteen Orton and Edge for the WWE TITLE (dont care who is who)

Maybe this will be some sort of match, where it ends up Edge and Randy Orton coming together? Maybe not even do the match, just have both of them immediately attack the referee before it starts. Then the two can win the unified tag team championships.

If not, as said earlier, make it a number one contender match for the title,because of the things he hinted at last week, it seems as if the PG Era is finally coming to an end. With Edge champion, he can completely wreck havoc on Raw, re-instating the Attitude Era. Edge can fued with Orton over the next couple of weeks, beating down his girlfriend. Maybe light Orton's house on fire, or his car? Edge can be like a lady's man, with women all around him 24/7. Maybe they can even bring back Lita?

Maybe this will be some sort of match, where it ends up Edge and Randy Orton coming together? Maybe not even do the match, just have both of them immediately attack the referee before it starts. Then the two can win the unified tag team championships.

If not, as said earlier, make it a number one contender match for the title,because of the things he hinted at last week, it seems as if the PG Era is finally coming to an end. With Edge champion, he can completely wreck havoc on Raw, re-instating the Attitude Era. Edge can fued with Orton over the next couple of weeks, beating down his girlfriend, hell, maybe raping his girlfriend or wife? Maybe light Orton's house on fire, or his car? Edge can be like a lady's man, with ****s all around him 24/7. Maybe they can even bring back Lita?

The part of they becoming a tag-team again, I don't see it happening, Randy Orton is becoming a very important face, or tweener, and I don't think they're going to risk that.
But the part of the Attitude Era, it just would be awesome, if that happens, I'm not going to miss any RAW episode.

MODERATOR'S COMMENTS:

Can we please start discussing the actual match that is going to occur at the PPV? After all, that's what this thread is about.

Thank you​

While I'm looking forward to the match I think it could have been saved for a bigger PPV. It could definitely headline Wrestlemania but maybe that is too long to wait, so I reckon they should have held off until Summerslam.

The current Randy Orton character is one that would thrive on a drawn out feud where he's chasing after someone, but keeps getting obstacles thrown in his way, until he eventually gets a match against his opponent. Edge would be the perfect guy to be "running" from Orton, so I'm a bit disappointed that they're going to throw it away so soon on a B-level pay per view.

The part of they becoming a tag-team again, I don't see it happening, Randy Orton is becoming a very important face, or tweener, and I don't think they're going to risk that.
But the part of the Attitude Era, it just would be awesome, if that happens, I'm not going to miss any RAW episode.

I agree, honestly I WOULDN'T like to see the return of Rated Rko, for the same reason. I think Orton is doing good right now with his tweener character, this character should last AT LEAST till around summerslam, and then decided AT THAT PPV, whether Orton should be heel, or face. I think moving Edge back to the A show was a great move, but I think they should put Orton over on Smackdown. I know most people think that's stupid, but it will give Smackdown a lot of ratings in my opinion, and express Orton's character even more. Orton just seems...I don't know..more of a blue guy.

I would also love to see another world heavy weight title reign from Randy Orton, as I feel that title fits him beter. One more thing I would like to add, Orton has so much more talent on the Smackdown brand he can fued with. Cm Punk and Orton would be an awesome fued, with Punk's straight edge lifestyle, and Orton's viper like character, these two could have an electryfing fued. There moves and ring attitude are also alike, as they both find a way to slither themselves around the ring.

Another Deadman and Orton fued would be intreasting to see play out, and maybe give Orton another shot at wrestlemania? We've seen Orton and Undertaker fued before, and we know what good comes out of it. It could be even more intreasting if Orton is to keep the character he has now, as that could intimidate Undertaker.

I feel this match and Over The Limit will be a turning point in both men's carrers, as it will show where they stand in the WWE, and how they've both changed since Rated Rko days.

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen the moderator's comment before posting my last post. Let me express my other opinions on the match.

I imagine this is going to be a very detailed and exciting match, that of which people have been longing for. Knowing Orton and Edge, I know they're both going to give it their best, due to their determination and gimmick. People where talking about a stipulation being added to this match, THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA, I think WWE should try to draw more into the storyline of the background from both characters, rather then a stipulation such as a TLC match, I think the match will mean something much more.

Now I wouldn't have this fued end at Over the Limit, and I think a TLC match between Orton and Edge would be epic, considering we all know Edge's experince in laddar matches. I think having Orton win at OTL, and have Edge win in the TLC match, then WWE can do whatever they want with the storyline, and Orton and Edge will be balanced in their fued.

this match could be theno 1 contender match we all want, if booked the right way, it could be a great match, i think orton will take this one, we'll have to see in the coming weeks what happens...the next ppv though, fatal-4-way, im guessing it'll be orton vs cena vs sheamus vs edge....thinking batista will now take time off...

this match could be the no 1 contender match we all want, if booked the right way, it could be a great match, i think orton will take this one, we'll have to see in the coming weeks what happens...the next ppv though, fatal-4-way, im guessing it'll be orton vs cena vs sheamus vs edge....thinking batista will now take time off...

Edge's face turn never really took off, and Orton has been on fire ever since his face turn/tweener role began. This is a very high profiled match, and I'm sure we'll be seeing these two feud over the WWE championship in the near future.

I'm going to pick Edge to win this match. Edge coming away with a win in this match will help add more steam to his sudden heel turn, but either way, Orton win over the fans. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses. He is on a hot streak right now as far as popularity goes, and I don't think things will slow down anytime soon.

I think this match and the feud as a whole will prove to be one of the greater things to come out of Over the Limit, the whole background of these two, and their different non-PG like styles will have me clinging to the screen whenever they're on.

I loved the segment during RAW this week, and I hope they will find some kind of way to properly capitalize on it.

I think it would be a great way to properly put Edge back into the seat as one of the top heels of the company, and while I think Randy might pull the win on this one, I'm actually hoping that the victor will be Edge.

This current Edge/Randy Orton feud is just about 2 weeks old, and I already love it. I loved their Rated R.K.O. team a few years back, I loved their mini-fued over the Intercontinental Championship back in 2004, and I've come to notice... when these 2 men are in the same ring, great things happen. The amount of mic time that these 2 men are most likely gonna have will be amazing and I hope this fued continues into the summer months.

The fued ignited when Edge seemingly comes out of nowhere and costs Randy Orton the #1 contendership to the WWE Championship. All of which Edge explained was a way to make an impact in his Raw return debut. Orton is in this fued simply to get his revenge on Edge.

This should be a great, physical contest between 2 of the WWE's best current superstars. I am really looking forward to it and I hope the fued continues for atleast a couple months.

I really really feel they should have milked and teased this a bit more, but I can understand why it is happening. Edge both guys are heat magnets, and they want to further strongly establish both guys roles. This just seems however, like it could be a MUCH higher profile match, possibly saved for SummerSlam, but hey, maybe thats were we end things up.

I can see this coming down to a non contest, or an Orton win, with Edge persuing him throughout the summer. Should be fair enough, but probably very vanilla, since this is sure to be the first in a series of many.

Edge can fued with Orton over the next couple of weeks, beating down his girlfriend, hell, maybe raping his girlfriend or wife?

You want a rape storyline, seriously? Are you fucking stupid?

Anyway onto the match. I am looking forward to this one a lot and I think it could be match of the night if given the right amount of time. If they are given about 15 minutes then it should give both guys a lot of time to work and they could have an incredible match.

I think they could have held this match off for a bit as this is a match than can main event Wrestlemania but one day they might. If they can hold this feud off until Summerslam then they could have a blow off match which would ofcourse be some sort of stipulation.

As for the winner, I see Edge picking up the win as Orton has got the better of him two weeks in a row and I think it's Edge's turn to. If everything works out then this could cement Edge as an even more of a heel than he was before. If he hits the Con-Chairto on Orton then he'll look like a right cunt and the fans will boo the shit out of him.

My prediction is that Edge will win.

I hope it is a fairly long rivalry, like the Randy orton-Cena one last year. I hop Orton Turns heel and joins Edge with a reunited rated RKO

This should be a great match. Both guys always put on decent to great matches, and together it should be no different. With this being their first encounter in this feud, I don't really want to see a stipulation added to it. Just a clean wrestling match is enough, this time.

I hope Edge wins. I am much bigger Orton fan, but I would like to see this feud continue. If Edge (the heel) picks up the win, most likely by way of cheating, Orton (the face-tweener) has something to chase. Someone to get even with. Orton's tweener-type character needs a good heel to chase, and Edge seems to be that heel. I would like to see Edge and Vicki (who I read is being considered to be the full-time GM after this past Monday and the MASSIVE amount of heat she drew) screw Orton time and time again, maybe with a big end-all match at Summerslam.

I know some of you are going to say that the feud may become stale if it goes all the way to Summerslam. But remember, the next PPV is Fatal Fourway, so Edge and Orton COULD be wrestling against two other guys, so the feud would not only consist of them. At the MITB ppv, they could be inserted into a 6 or 8, 9 man match, so once again, it wouldn't just be the two of them. And then, if Edge happens to screw Orton out of the title at Fatal Fourway, and maybe even MITB, they could have an epic, personal grudge match at Summerslam.

I hope this feud goes on for a while. IMO, Orton is the most talented face character on Raw, and Edge is the most entertaining heel on Raw. If done correctly, this could be an epic feud that lasts for quite some time. If written well, and in an entertaining fashion, it wouldn't get stale. I'm just hoping for a great feud.

I despise the idea of this feud and this match. Simply put, Edge is awful. He's soft after all the injuries and doesn't know how to handle a lengthy match without putting half of the audience to sleep. His last couple promos against Christian and Orton were poorly written, with several motives for his heel turn touched on but never committed to. "Oh, I'm a master psychologist for playing with your emotions." Really? "Fuck off, you hack" is the only response he's deserving of. The hair pulling faux-psycho bit only serves to solidify my feelings. He failed as a face, and continues to fail to get heat without someone else to put him over the top. Thanks again, Vickie. Edgeward owes you a great deal.

Jericho should have been the man to go against Orton. He got heat on his own, maintained it for about two years now, and wouldn't have to deal with the aftershock of a face run possibly sacrificing RKO's heat. He's also been twice the worker Edge is when it come to putting on compelling matches worthy of their main event level length.

In an ideal world, Orton destroys Edge and keeps on rolling to a lengthy feud with Chris Jericho.

In the real world, this abortion of a feud is undoubtedly only beginning.

The match will be mediocre. Any praise it receives will likely be without justification. The winner won't matter, as they'll just give it another go soon enough. Snakes will likely be reference by one or more broadcaster.

Reactions: gd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back