WWE NoC 2010 - Six Pack Challenge - WWE Championship Match

Porter1989

Occasional Pre-Show

At one of WWE’s most prestigious pay-per-views, Night of Champions, Sheamus must defend his coveted WWE Title in a Six Pack Challenge against five of Raw’s top Superstars: John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Chris Jericho and Nexus leader Wade Barrett.

The rules of a Six Pack Challenge are simple: A sextet of Superstars faces off in the ring, with victory determined by a single pinfall or submission. This means that Sheamus does not need to be pinned or submit to lose the WWE Title in this match.

After successfully retaining his title at SummerSlam (though Randy Orton won via disqualification), The Celtic Warrior has more than once felt the venomous wrath of The Viper. In response to this continued brutality, a frustrated Sheamus addressed the WWE Universe on Raw, urging the anonymous General Manager to deny Orton a rematch as punishment for WWE’s Apex Predator’s animalistic aggression.

Agreeing that Sheamus deserves more respect than he’s been receiving – both from Orton and from the WWE Universe – the GM let the irritable Irishman sit atop a throne for the evening to survey a series of matches. At the end of the night, he would hand-pick his Night of Champions opponent.

Sheamus tried to take advantage of the GM’s generosity, ultimately deciding to take a month-long respite from competition. However, the devious Dubliner was immediately met with a surprise announcement from the anonymous head of Raw: At Night of Champions, Sheamus will defend his title in a high-jeopardy Six Pack Challenge against four deserving former World Champions – Cena, Orton, Edge and Jericho – as well as Barrett, now allowed to pursue the WWE Championship after the Raw GM lifted The Nexus’ title match ban. Now that the season one NXT winner is in the hunt for his first WWE Title, the truce between The Nexus and The Celtic Warrior is officially over.

Can the cantankerous Celt cling to the WWE Title once again? Or will another Superstar knock Sheamus off his throne? To find out, tune in to Night of Champions, September 19, only on pay-per-view.

By The Doctor!

just looking for who you think will win the match at NOC. we got sheamus. barret. jericho. orton. edge. and they guy most likely to win. john cena.

i would like to see barret this could be the time for him. but to me this is the chance for sheamus to drop it so he can fued with the game.

give me your choice and a solid reason why?

Moderator's note - This thread is to be used for all discussion pertaining to the WWE Championship match at WWE Night Of Champions. Creating new threads on this subject will get you an infraction.

I'm gonna go with Orton, because he is the biggest thing in the WWE today. He is on fire, the man can beat anybody legitimately in my opinion, even the likes of 'Taker, HHH, and Cena.

Also hes a tweener right now so it would be nice to see him not have a shit face run or a cowardly heel run.

Another reason is that I think him and The Miz would make for one hell of a rivalry that could put the Miz over indefinetly. After watching the match they had a few weeks ago I'm sure of it.

If you ask me, Wade Barrett needs to win this.

The Nexus storyline has grown bigger than the actual WWE Championship, and that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. No one wants to see them relegate the Nexus to the midcard, so why not give Wade the title? This combines the championship storyline and the Nexus storyline, and could even be the start of Nexus becoming a golden stable.

It doesn't matter whether you like Barrett, or prefer Sheamus, or whatever. The best thing the WWE could do right now is give Barrett the championship. This also opens up a world of potential feuds with every member of the Six Pack Challenge, plus The Miz. Make it happen, WWE!

I think it would be smart for Orton to win, he's got so much push behind him, he's the hottest thing right now on RAW imo. But of course we are talking about a match with Superma--I mean John Cena in it, so of course he has the biggest shot to win. My 2nd pick would be Barret, but I don't see him having a big tittle till Nexus is completely disbanded.

(Also: Wade said he would be using his title match at NOC,and like 15 seconds later the email thing went off, damn...that GM types fast, huh? :lmao: )

To tell the truth, it really doesn't matter who wins. I have a sneaky suspicion that Miz will cash in on the winner no matter who it is. Even Super Cena won't be booked to beat that set. Anyone remember Edge cashing in after an elimination chamber match?

yeah id like to see orton with this.imo hes bigger then cena right now. just because you see a bunch of cena shirts in the crowds doesnt mean hes the biggest thing right now. orton i agree is on the top of his game and i ready for a long title run while fueding with cena, barret, and finally i think the miz vs orton for a couple of months will be next big thing in wwe just like nexus would and this is where you put over the miz and have him and orton go back and fourth. MIZ VS ORTON means only good things.

In this match I really only have three people in my head right now who could walk away with the victory...
Either Sheamus, Wade Barrett, or Randy Orton.
I am thinking about next month's PPV which is Hell in a Cell and you have to think about some of the feuds going into the PPV. Which is why I chose those three because they seem the most likely and have the most possibilities for matches at Hell in a Cell. As for the other three John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Edge... I wouldn't be surprised to see John Cena leave with the strap, but as for Jericho and Edge... I don't see them coming out with the strap.

ORTON, guys? Come on. He may be popular, he may be big, but this is Barrett's match to win. You have the hottest storyline in the WWE right now, The Nexus, going strong. You people want to bitch about the Nexus getting buried at Summerslam, well here's a chance for WWE to make amends (not that they need to) for that AND cause the biggest story in the company combine with what should be the main focus of RAW to create a super-story that can only be good.

Orton will have plenty of chances to win in the future. They shouldn't squander this opportunity to make the Nexus and Barrett red hot.

I hope Orton wins this one so he can have the HIAC match with Sheamus , Cena should maybe take out Barret in the fight and re-start up the "personal" feud with the Nexus or something like that in time for the HIAC ppv maybe have Cena one on one against Wade and look at the next ppv - Bragging Rights- i just hope Cena vs Nexus continues so that Nexus don't get lost in the mid card or be forgotten , Edge and Jericho they don't need another run with the title well at least not now anyways .... maybe have Jericho and Edge have another run with the tag team titles? i dunno

So my Pick would be Orton so everyone has something to do in the upcoming ppv's and keeps everyone busy and relevant :)

I see Wade winning the title it would make Nexus believable powerhouse on Raw cause they would have the gold. I also see Miz dropping the US title and cashing in on Wade and losing. The reason for this is you could have Cena "F-U" the Miz which results in a DQ. Would lead to Miz / Cena feud and also would make Money in Bank not 100% guarantee which has to happen at some point.

You have the hottest storyline in the WWE right now, The Nexus, going strong.

Exactly Doc, the hottest storyline, AND his stable is going strong, Barrett does not need the WWE title. His time will come, but all this will lead to is Cena vs. Nexus for the WWE title or some shit. And I'd much rather prefer Orton vs Miz which is a feud I can smell from a mile away.

Barrett is over already, WAY over. The Nexus is fine. He doesn't need the title... yet.

I want Cena or Orton to win, yes I am a Cena fan, 21 years old, male and heterosexual, but a Cena fan, Orton I think makes the most sense as his tweener role could really be advanced with him as champion. (tho seeing Orton vs Sheamus again doesn't really suit me)

As for Miz, I see him going to cash in and either being jumped by the rest of Nexus, OR, the 5 non-winners of the title match so he keeps the case another month.

I think the remaining Nexus members will get involved but I only to take out Jericho and Edge.

Wade Barrett.

I think it's important that he win the belt in his first shot at it. I like the idea of Miz wanting to cash in the MITB vs. Barrett but continually being run off by Nexus. They could keep that storyline up for awhile.

I like the idea of Nexus protecting Barrett and the belt. It's been awhile since we had a heel champ surrounded by a strong villain stable who's goal is to protect both champ's reign. That continues to give Nexus the spotlight without having them have to wrestle in individual matches on a regular basis.

The strength of Nexus is that they are a force as a group, and this would continue that. Barrett could defend against Edge, Jericho, Orton, Cena etc...and keep retaining thanks to Nexus. This could lead to a big HIAC match or something where Barrett is finally forced to defend the belt without the help of Nexus. There's a good 4-6 months of stories here with him as champ. I hope they pull the trigger on it.

i think Sheamus will win.

admittedly i haven't watched RAW or even read the spoilers (until tonight) since the end of June so idk exactly whats happening but i believe HIAC is next month meaning the title match will have to be a big fued thats probably coming to an end.

Sheamus and Orton have been fueding from what i understand so i'ma go with Sheamus winning at NOC, going on to face Orton next month w/ (hopefully) him winning there.

Haven't let it marinate enough to decide what I'd want to see happen, or what I think will happen.

But I think it'd be cool if Barrett won a tough, hard fought match. Then Miz cashed in. In the process of cashing in, Nexus comes out and pummels him, causing Barrett to retain.

The MOB winner has to lose eventually.

Granted, I like Miz, and I know Vince does, too, so I know this won't happen. Just would be something different.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Exactly Doc, the hottest storyline, AND his stable is going strong, Barrett does not need the WWE title. His time will come, but all this will lead to is Cena vs. Nexus for the WWE title or some shit. And I'd much rather prefer Orton vs Miz which is a feud I can smell from a mile away.

Barrett is over already, WAY over. The Nexus is fine. He doesn't need the title... yet.

Yes, he does! The stable is being booked OVER the WWE Championship. The WWE Championship should be the most important part of your show. It's supposed to be your focal point, the thing that every single wrestler in the company is fighting for. However, right now, the championship is being shoved to the side in order for The Nexus to take over much of the screentime. The Nexus/WWE match main evented Summerslam - not Orton/Sheamus.

This is a golden opportunity to combine the two stories in order to MAKE the hottest thing on the show the WWE Championship again, with the Nexus right by its side.

Orton wins, & Miz cashes in MITB on him. Miz has lost the US title earlier in the night to Daniel Bryan. Miz doesn't lose any momentum (obviusly), & the US title hopefully becomes somewhat relevant again. And I officially hate RAW, because I hate the Miz.

I would love to see Edge win again to make him a 10 time champion but I know that's HIGHLY unlikely. I don't think Edge or Jericho have any real chance in this. Cena obviously could come out victorious, Orton has been on fire and is probably the favorite, Barrett is also ideal to win this match. Sheamus I just don't see retaining.

With that said, I think Miz would definitely cash in. I see a loss to Daniel Bryan early in the night for Miz and then him coming out and skull crushing finale on Cena or something for the title.

I think either Randy Orton or John Cena win or Sheamus escapes again. If Orton wins (which would be fine with me even though I like Cena too,28 yr old Male and hetrosexual) it could lead to Orton/Sheamus at Hell In A Cell while continuing Cena's Feud with Nexus going into Bragging Rights or Survivor Series.

Wade Barrett is the one I want to see win this match. I can't see why it would be good for anyone else in this match to win. Barrett is the leader of The Nexus which may be the hottest thing going in wrestling today. Why not have him bring the gold to the faction? It would be great. I think it is fair to say that Barrett should be the one to win this match as I also see two Nexus members getting shots at the tag titles as well, which they could very well win also. So Wade should be the winner of this, I want him to be the winner of this but I just have this sneaking suspicion.

I see John Cena and Randy Orton's names written all over this match, mainly Orton's though. As Cena is usually known to win titles under extreme odds such as this but I don't think he has a chance at winning this one but the feeling is always there. Orton is the one who seems in my mind the unfortunate winner of this. He is red hot and WWE seems intent on keeping him as the most dominant figure on RAW for whatever reason. I don't think he should win it but WWE seems high on pushing his ass to the title. But again I will state that Wade Barrett is not only the man I want to see win this thing but he should be the won to win this match as well, it only makes sense from kayfabe stand point.

This has potential to be a giant clusterfuck. I know Wade Barrett's a member of the supposed "hottest storyline in the WWE". In reality, he's just a rookie. He's green as a blade of grass. He is NOT ready to be WWE Champion!

He's had what, 5 matches on Raw and now all of a sudden he's Main Event Material?

I agree, he's got future World Champion potential, but the future should not begin at Night of Champions.

There's got to be a reason why he's barely had any one on one matches. It's easy to hide a guy who's green and can't really wrestle in 7 on 7 and 6 pack challenge matches.

As far as who should actually win the match. I'm gonna say Randy Orton. He's the hottest wrestler in terms of momentum.

Although, I do have a bad feeling that the WWE would actually be not smart enough to have Wade Barrett win.

I think that Sheamus will pull of an improbable victory.

But, I think that Sheamus sitting in a throne on tonight's RAW was a hint that HHH is the Mystery GM and maybe he's letting Sheamus sit on the throne until he comes back.

Hell in a Cell was Barret vs Cena written all over it, championship or not.

I do hope Sheamus wins ( i do love Sheamus ), because he needs credibility as champion. If not him, please Barret so the Nexus Storyline becomes even bigger.

And there's even the wildcard and that's Miz. This is one match, that the outcome is very hard to predict.

This has potential to be a giant clusterfuck. I know Wade Barrett's a member of the supposed "hottest storyline in the WWE". In reality, he's just a rookie. He's green as a blade of grass. He is NOT ready to be WWE Champion!

Why not?

Does he have the wrestling skills? Yes, he's proven that time and time again on NXT and RAW. He is more than capable of working well and putting on decent matches.

Does he have the mic skills? Absolutely. He has a unique voice and good delivery, and is entertaining to listen to. He sounds very confident and smooth on the mic.

Does he have the momentum? Yes indeedy, he has been built up wonderfully, being in the Nexus as their leader and even already main eventing RAW. He has all the momentum in the world, and the only person with more is The Miz.

Does he have the look? 100% yes. When you see the groups of main eventers in one area, like you saw last night, Barrett just seems like he fits. He is big, and looks like a champion. All he needs now is some gold.

Would the story be better off if he were champion? Again, yes. I have already explained that this is the perfect opportunity to make the WWE Championship red hot again by putting it in the middle of a red hot storyline.

Would his winning the title unlock lots of great new feuds that would make for interesting TV? Ding ding ding! If you guessed "Yes", you're a winner! Cena vs. Barrett. Orton vs. Barrett. Sheamus vs. Barrett. Miz vs. Barrett. Edge vs. Barrett. Jericho vs. Barrett. All potentially great feuds that would make for some great TV.

How is Barrett not ready to be champion? He's certainly more ready than Sheamus was, and look at Sheamus now.

Barrett should win this. The whole deal of "paying your dues" is bullshit. If someone is ready to main event, then why hold them back? It doesn't matter if he's new. If you're ready, you're ready, and Barrett is ready.

I really want Barrett to win this match and it would a great way for The Nexus look even stronger then they already do and If Nexus really wants to be a dominant Faction then what better way to look dominant then adding championships into the Faction and having the leader win the WWE Title. I really want this to happen but for some reason I see Cena winning the match then him and Barrett will feud and Barrett will eventually be champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back