WWE: New York, Round 1, Match 1: #4 Mick Foley vs. #61 Ted DiBiase Jr.

Cactus Jack vs. DiBiase

• 3 Faces of Foley

• Priceless

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WWE Region under WWE Rules, from Long Island, NY.

#4. Mick Foley
mick%20foley.jpg

vs.

#61. Ted Dibiase Jr.

TedDiBiaseJr.jpg

Man how interesting of a match would Foley against DiBiase Sr. have been?

Anyway, this is a squash. DiBiase hasn't proven anything yet and would get massacred here. Foley knows what to do in this match or any kind of match. Sure he's not the best in ring worker, but he doesn't have to be here. This is Foley in a walk.

I can't remember DiBiase doing anything at all of note in singles competition. I'm unconvinced that he's even done anything particularly noteworthy in tag team action. In Foley he is up against a former world champion and hometown boy, and I think Foley will win this bad boy decisively.

Besides tag-team title reigns, Dibiase Jr. hasn't done anything of note in singles competitor and while Foley isn't highly regarded as having great single non-gimmick matches, he is more of a tough out than anybody in this tournament. Foley locks the Mandible Claw on Junior for the win.

This wouldn't be a squash, like KB said. I'm not sure Foley ever squashed a single superstar in his entire career. I fully believe that this would be a competitive match. In the end, Foley would probably win. He's had the better career and he is one tough SOB. I'm not a fan, as he is big and fat and slow and sloppy, but Dibiase hasn't yet proven that he could win.

This wouldn't be a squash, like KB said. I'm not sure Foley ever squashed a single superstar in his entire career. I fully believe that this would be a competitive match. In the end, Foley would probably win. He's had the better career and he is one tough SOB. I'm not a fan, as he is big and fat and slow and sloppy, but Dibiase hasn't yet proven that he could win.

Simply showing your lack of knowledge, but I'm not busting the big guns out yet for Foley. The term under rated gets thrown out a ton, so I'm not going to use it. Mick Foley is the most under appreciated wrestler probably in the history of the business. The guy could work any style he wanted to and made everyone he was in the ring with damn good.

Almost every star of the last 20 years was made because of Mick Foley. Vader, Sting, Austin, Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge, just a few guys that owe their stardom to Mick Foley putting them over and making them look damn good.

It doesn't matter if he could work a match and make his opponent look good, Shocky. Very many people can make their opponents look great and work different matches. That doesn't mean that they're the greatest wrestlers. I'm not saying that Foley isn't a great guy. He was incredible on the mic and could sell like no one else. All I'm saying is that Foley never dominated matches. He won, but as you said, he made his opponent look like a million bucks. Ted would put on a good showing, here.

Foley in a cake walk. Foley is a true legend in this business. He has beaten many many people who are considered some of the greatest of all time. I love Foley, and always have. DiBiase has done nothing yet. Not a damn thing. Foley however has had some of the best matches i've ever seen, and is one of the best ever.

DiBiase Jr hasn't done anything worthy other than being a tag team champion. Foley on the other hand is a 3 time WWE Champion, known for taking sick dives & is in his home state of New York. I say Mick Foley wins this one hands down.

If we're looking at this from a kayfabe point of veiw, I'm pretty sure Foley looses far more than he wins? H'es overrated IMO, but probably better than DiBiase Jr atm.

I think Mick takes the win here.Dibiase as already mentioned hasnt done much yet.Also you have to add in the fact that foley has more experience inside a wwe ring than Ted does.This probably wouldnt be a squash as i could see ted jr. putting up a good fight but at the end foley wins a match that wont go longer than 10 minutes.

I am not a fan of Foley's wrestling work, but he has the advantage of showing up as 4 different people. Cactus Jack and Mick Foley are not wrestlers. They are hardcore icons, and nothing more. Mankind was passable in the ring, but only while working with the top stars of the company. Dude Love was a better wrestler, but was an overall shitty gimmick, and no one bought it.

DiBiase though, hasn't done anything. Under any gimmick. With his name, and his gimmick, he should already be a singles champion, but has been nothing more than a lackey.

I'm voting Foley, but I won't push him far in this thing. Rikidozan should be his 2nd round opponent, and I can think of more ways for him to win, than Foley.

This is a no brainer for me. Gotta go with Mick. He is one of my all time favorites. The dude wasn't the best wrestler, but he could hang around with the best of them. Seriously what has Ted Jr done besides win some tag gold and lackey for Randy Orton? Foley has this one and I'm hoping for a good run for Mick in this thing.

My god Ted Dibiase Jr. is boring. Just bland, He's white bread. He's the colour grey. He's generic wrestler #2. He's like watching the marine. He's a cody rhodes match. He's the anti-thesis of a KB post. He's not a future world champ, he's a game of solitaire to a child with ADHD.

Foley falls asleep listening to a pre match promo and i covered for the 1,2,3 victory. DiBiase advances.

Foley takes this one extremely easily. Whether it be Foley himself Mankind, Cactus Jack or Dude Love they all give Ted Jr. an ass kicking here.

I mean what has Ted achieved? Tag Title reigns that are forgettable and being Orton's lackey not really a breathe taking career to this point.

Foley in a squash.

During his best years Foley went toe to toe with the best, he even won on a few occasions. He is a greatly underestimated wrestler, sure he made his career taking bumps but I've seen plenty of good Foley matches that didnt involve a sickening bump of some kind.

Ted Jr is playing lackey to the moment killer Randy Orton, is probably the second blandest thing since when Randy Orton was green (the first being his tag team partner) and generally spends his time getting the beatings that are destined for his mentor.

Foley may have made others look great at his own expense but he was always a Main-Eventer and competed at a Main-Event level.

Simply showing your lack of knowledge, but I'm not busting the big guns out yet for Foley. The term under rated gets thrown out a ton, so I'm not going to use it. Mick Foley is the most under appreciated wrestler probably in the history of the business. The guy could work any style he wanted to and made everyone he was in the ring with damn good.

Almost every star of the last 20 years was made because of Mick Foley. Vader, Sting, Austin, Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge, just a few guys that owe their stardom to Mick Foley putting them over and making them look damn good.

Why is he underrated? Because he has put over countless Superstars in his time. Look at Edge, Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Randy Orton, Triple H, The Rock and countless others. All of whom owe Mick Foley a large part of their success in the squared circle. Mick Foley is the best loser in all of Wrestling. Of course he would loose this one and Foley himself wouldn’t have it any other way.

Every single one of Foley's gimmicks is better than Ted DiBiase Jr. I don't think you could pick any time in any gimmick of Foley's where he'd lose this match. DiBiase Jr. isn't bad, it's just that Foley is that damn good. This match wouldn't last too long.

Every single one of Foley's gimmicks is better than Ted DiBiase Jr. I don't think you could pick any time in any gimmick of Foley's where he'd lose this match. DiBiase Jr. isn't bad, it's just that Foley is that damn good. This match wouldn't last too long.

Foley lost to Edge and Orton when they were at a level not all that much better than Dibiase. Lets face it what is Mick Foley most famous for, you could argue its the Deathmatches with Terry Funk but you know you'd be lieing to yourself. He is most famous for loosing to the Undertaker and being thrown off the Cell. He is famous for taking all of those unprotected chair shots against the Rock in the I quit match and he is famous for being the guy people beat to take the step over into the main event. Ted Dibiase Jr is exactly they kind of wrestler who would beat Foley.

If this was a beauty contest, Teddy would win hands down, I'm just saying. Anyways since this is a wrestling tournament I have to judge on in-ring talent and what not. While Foley is the bigger star, has the more storied career, has a big "legacy", and what not, the thing Foley is remembered by people the most(not including his crazy spots)is his willingness to put guys over. Foley is the most successful jobber ever.

So while in reality, Dibiase might be booked over Foley, since Foley loves to give younger guys the rub, in the end Foley moves on just because his career is far greater than Dibiases and if Foley wasn't looking to put Dibiase over, he would destroy him.

Here's my problem. Ted is brand new. Having him on a list that is supposed to be the top 256 seems out of control. I don't think I put him on my list, anyway. Foley knows all the tricks. Ted can run around Foley, but once he's caught, what is he going to do? He can't hurt Foley. The Million Dollar Russian Sweep would be hard to apply to Foley as well.

Foley on the other hand has an unquestionable heart. Foley is also not averse to doing things just as heelish as Ted. This, I think is where the difference lies. Foley can go clean all the way, but the second Ted does something dirty, is there anyone to doubt that Foley goes dirtier?

Eh...Foley never fared that well against heartthrobs in the ring, and something tells me that DiBiase, Jr., would be no exception. However, I have the utmost respect for what Foley has done in the ring, and I hope that he wouldn't voluntarily job himself out to someone who hasn't even remotely proved himself a good wrestler yet; maybe in a few years' time, but not right now.

Pick: Foley

It's pretty much all already been said, Foley has this with little to no problem. Jr.'s gotta long way to go before he's proven that he's good enough to beat Foley. Foley was never a great technical wrestler, but he's possibly the physically toughest to ever be in a WWE ring. He's arguably the greatest brawler in wrestling history, with the possible exceptions of Abdullah the Butcher, Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. This will be a squash match, no question for me. Jr. will last 5 minutes if Foley just wants to play with him for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back