• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Money In The Bank 2013 - World Heavyweight Championship MITB Match

Who will win the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank?

• Ambrose

• Cesaro

• Swagger

• Fandango

• Rhodes

• Sandow

• Barrett

Results are only viewable after voting.
After tonights Raw, Cesaro has lost his chance on winning by becoming tag team with Swaggie and they´ll probably feud with Rhodes Scholars, everybody knows Fandango wont win, thus leaving only two options:

Heres favorite, Ambrose and mine, Barrett

I really, really hope Barretts gets it, he deserves a world title run since his first WWE Championship shot on SS´10, but whenever he seems to get close, something happens and frustrates any chance he had, this could be his last shot on the Briefcase, because people will just get tired on waiting, meanwhile, Ambrose has just come to the mainstream picture and in what way, he´s part of the strongest stable in years and one of the main playcards of the WWE to show they´re going with the young stars, oh! and he´s also The Us champion and is feuding with a former world champion.

He still has some things to do with The Shield and the Briefcase would just detroy them, also if he wins, that would be a low blow to the WWE superstars(In a kayfabe standpoint) I think a cool thing to do in the match would be to make the participants united against Ambrose and be prepared for the Shield to interfere, make a pact like "It doesnt matter who wins, the SHIELD CAN NOT take this from us"

Plus, there´s already Bryan and Punk, I think its time for WWE to push a guy THEY MADE from scratch, and Barrett it´s that guy

Anyway, i wont be surprised if he wins, but I think he could wait.

So I have been trying to get my head around the Money in the Bank matches, and while the all stars is gold, I am actually concerned about the WHC money in the bank, not because the guys involved aren't talented, but for some reason every person within the match is a heel...

Now here is where the problem lies, usually matches are setup as a face vs. heel, or a face vs. face...History has shown that Heel vs. Heel usually never draws well, and while I may slightly enjoy all the heels kicking the crap out of each other, I feel this match is badly booked IMO, with only Ambrose and Fandango the only two superstars the Universe may get behind I can't see this being a match fans will be behind, and unless we see a face turn this week I believe this may be the first MITB match that will fail.

What do you think?

It'll be fine. Usually what happens during heel v. heel matches is that the crowd will choose a heel to rally behind, and that heel usually gets more crowd investment from that night on. It'll actually be interesting to see who they choose. Plus, it's in Philly: a smark city. They'll cheer for who they cheer for.

And even if I'm wrong, Cody looks to be taking the face role in the Rhode Scholars breakup if his loss last night against Cesaro last night is any indication. If anything they'll turn him as the underdog and give him the case.

This match is one of them that could go each and any way apart from maybe Swagger walking out as Mr money in the Bank.

After Swagger Fandango is probably the least likely to take the briefcase given his recent return from injury and despite the fact that Curtis has a lot going for him I honestly think they will change his character in the coming months or years before they give him one of the top 2 straps.

Despite Cody Rhodes looking seemingly unlikely to get the briefcase I think he's got just as much chance as Cesaro, Barrett and maybe Sandow (or maybe that's just wishful thinking but i believe he's more than paid his dues for a big push). Cody is my choice despite him being no one Else's.

Finally, Ambrose is probably my favorite star in the WWE at the moment, that being said I think it would be a mistake to give him the money in the bank briefcase yet as it would be too soon to give him that kind of push. Ambrose and the other 2 shield members don't need to be involved in the WHC scene yet, let them feud with Kane and Undertaker of have them get involved in the HHH, Vince, Steph saga.

On a podcast I do (Total B.S, check it out on Vimeo wink wink nudge nudge), back before Wrestlemania, me and my co-host predicted that the winner would be Wade Barrett, going on the following method

1 - Lose IC title at Wrestlemania
2 - Lose re-match at Extreme Rules
3 - Do nothing at Payback
4 - Win MITB

So all is in line, albeit not through the circumstances we imagined

Our combined view is that he will cash in against whoever, at the RAW taping in Manchester before Survivor Series, thus receiving the loudest cheer that any WWE Superstar has had since Brock Lesnar returning in 2012

Ziggler's cash in was louder... Shield being defeated for the first time on SD was also louder...

---

As for who I think will win? I'm going with Dean Ambrose. And don't give me that bullshit "he's not ready" comment. They've got a full year to make something here.

I went for Sandow. Ambrose doesn't need it. He's in a good place with the Shield and the U.S title. Plenty of people for him to have good feuds with (Christian, Kofi, Miz) to get himself over.
Everybody else in this match REALLY needs it because none of them are going anywhere. So in a match where everybody is desperate for it, give it to the man most deserving and most likely to really take it and run. That man, for me, is Sandow.
Consistently entertaining on the mic, very handy in the ring and has a look and a certain.....schtick, which is a bit different to everything else around at the moment. I can imagine him cutting promo's about the briefcase being his ticket out of the mediocrity he's surrounded by into the esteemed company he belongs with etc.
Also, imagine his indignation if he somehow contrived to cash in and lose. He would do that better than anybody.
As for the others- Swagger and Barret are busted flushes at this moment. Rhodes has been where he is for too long and has nowhere near the momentum needed for him to be taken seriously as Mr Mitb. As for Cesaro, I wouldn't necessarily be averse to him winning it but I just can't see it- he doesn't seem to have done enough to convince them upstairs that he has what it takes.
Give it to Sandow and let him run with it for a good few months, he has the ability to make HIMSELF a star. Other than Ambrose, I just don't see that any of the other contenders have that.

If they wanted to do something gimmicky they could have Rhodes and Sandow unhook the briefcase at the same time and bring it down together, so basically they both win. They would be the first ever co-holders of the MITB briefcase, which could lead to some humorous segments and bickering between the two. The rule would be that they both must agree to cash-in for the title shot, which would triple threat match involving both of them and the champion. So you could have segments where one of them wants to cash it in but the other gets cold feet an refuses, and when they eventually do cash-in they would spend most of the time fighting each other for the chance to pin the already tired and wounded champion.

Or you could just have Ambrose win.

I honestly can't belive WWE is going to give any of these guys a world title shot. I'm going to go with Cesaro only because I believe WWE wants to keep the Zeb Coulter storyline going and they can do that with Cesaro. Coulter is great and to keep him significant they'll give Cesaro the case.

If Ambrose was further into his singles career, I'd say he has the best shot but I don't think they're going to give him the case this quickly, nor should they.

What I would really love to see happen based on these MITB participants (but before you bash me, I know there's absolutely no chance this would happen) is to have the Undertaker get one more World Title run. Either have him win the belt at WM 30 or have him defend it. After his WM match, the person who wins this MITB runs down to the ring to cash in MITB, win the world title, and end the streak only to have Undertaker somehow beat him so he wins 2 WM matches in one night and stays undefeated.

My pick is Wade Barrett with the Barrett Barrage finally taking off with Wade finally going to that next level because if anyone deserves to win the Smackdown briefcase it is Wade Barrett because if anything Barrett should already be main eventing pay per views but also Barrett if he were to win the briefcase he would be guaranteed a title win

Fandango will win this match. You heard from me first. (well I guess you can say second because he has one vote in the poll:p

The WHC is like the IC title in that people without a lot of 'momentum' can contend for it and even win it. Fandango is probably the most over superstar in this match. He gets a fantastic reaction and WWE can build on that alone. Not much has been done with Fandango I know that, but as soon as he is Mr. MITB, his charisma (and wwe creative) will then get him over as the MITB match winner and WHC contender and by the time he cashes in on Delrio, the crowd reaction will be epic.

If on the slight chance Barrett doesn't win the Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match then it should definitely be Cody Rhodes or Dean Ambrose but definitely Barrett is my pick but Ambrose is my 2nd pick

I went with Cesaro, but I am honestly not sure who will win this one. I picked Cesaro because he was just paired with Swagger with a great mouthpiece in Coulter. Maybe the case is what Cesaro needs to turn that corner. I could see Ambrose winning just as easily, and this is the most unpredictable match on the card imo.

Wade Barrett needs this more than anyone else in the MiTB Match for the WHT. Barrett has been up and down in the mid card since returning from that nasty elbow and arm injury last year. He's held the Intercontinental Championship what 2 or 3 times now since and hasn't done a thing with it. The Barrett Barrage is more like the Barrett Marching Band right now. Barrett has the tools in size, ability and promo skill to be a the top. It's time to pull the trigger!

It's interesting that Ambrose didn't wrestle or cut a promo on Raw, Smackdown or Main Event this week, I wonder if WWE are trying to do "Out of sight, out of mind" with him as the others have all had something.

There's friction between Rhodes Scholars and Cesaro/Swagger, there's the hint of a tease that a split between Rhodes and Sandow could be in the pipeline, hell they even created a little issue with Barrett and Fandango this week.

On both Raw and Smackdown 6 of the 7 guys in the match got into it, Ambrose was nowhere to be seen, which made me think of his promo the week where he talked about lurking in the shadows with the briefcase, it seems like he's started lurking early.

20130626_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_WHW-champ_C-homepage.jpg

This should be an excellent match! Every year I look forward to the Money In the Bank matches. Let's take a look at each competitor who will be trying to win the title shot in the blue briefcase for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Wade Barrett
Barrett has pretty good odds of winning this. He has the potential to make it back up to where he was during the angle with the original Nexus. Barrett has improved since then although his lackluster midcard title reigns did him no favors. A push with the blue briefcase toward the World Heavyweight Championship would not only be very entertaining but he benefits from it more than anyone else in the match. My pick to win.

Cody Rhodes
I don't really like Cody's odds. For a while he seemed to be moving up the card but then they did nothing relevant with him and now he doesn't seem like as much of a threat anymore. The less talented half of the Rhodes Scholars team won't be winning here. I'd give it a chance if he does, I just don't see it happening.

Damien Sandow
Sandow has a good chance of winning. He's more hated by the fans right now than Barrett though, and could make it to the World Heavyweight Championship someday without the assistance of a MITB push. Sandow's headed for greatness and while he very well might win this, Barrett needs it more. The next best option to win other than Barrett, in my opinion.

Dean Ambrose
Ambrose has been amazing. I don't think he's ready for a World Heavyweight Championship push yet though. I could see him being booked strongly in this match receiving a few moments where it appears he will win, only to end up not quite making it. He should remain US Champion for a while. That belts needs it. He'll be a world champion someday though and does not really need a MITB push to get there.

Fandango
There is absolutely no way he is winning this. It could be a good opportunity for him to showcase what he can do though.

Jack Swagger
Yeah.... Swagger's NOT winning. Not even Zeb's excellent promos have been able to save him. His time in the main event is over.

Antonio Cesaro
I highly doubt Cesaro will win. Ever since the ridiculous way they ended his US Championship reign he hasn't seemed like a big deal whatsoever. He is only in this so that there will be more competitors. Other than Fandango and maybe Swagger, I see Cesaro having the lowest odds of winning.

So it really comes down to Barrett, Sandow, or Ambrose for me. The latter two will make it to the world title scene without a push with the blue briefcase. All three have the potential, although Barrett needs the help of a MITB win. I highly anticipate his promos regarding it and the inevitable cash-in if he does win. WWE make some strange decisions sometimes, but my fingers are crossed that they make the right call here. Sandow and Ambrose would both also make good choices if they go that route. No matter who wins, this match will be good. I think it will go on before the red briefcase does, so likely in the middle of the card.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Wade Barrett will win the Blue Money In the Bank Briefcase.

Think about it. When you look at the Raw MiTB match, you've pretty much picked out a winner. Bryan, Sheamus or Orton? Can't be RVD, he's just returned, can't be Christian, he's not on that level, can't be Punk, he's got too much going on already! Can't be Kane, he's not in it anymore ;)

So why, on the outside, is the SD MiTB so aesthetically beautiful? When you & I look at it, we can't pick an outright winner, can we? Sure, you might say you can, but you can't, can you? They may not be the highest calibre of superstar to ever run the ropes, but the fact we've got guts in this match that are all on an equal footing, in contention for the World Heavyweight Title... is actually pretty damn interesting. And see, just when you think you may have a winner picked out, there's something else round the corner to change your mind. Let's work with the not-so-in-contention, up to my more likely.

1) Cody Rhodes. Of course Cody can win it this year, it's his time after all those years of waiting! But hang on... When was Cody last booked as even near a threat? A guy with so much potential, surely it would make sense for him to win? WWE booking may beg to differ, which leads me to;

2) Damien Sandow. Cody's counterpart Sandow actually scored a pin against Sheamus recently! In a handicap match. That threw that out the window immediately. However, the intellectual saviour of the masses would be an interesting choice of winner right? The amount of losing he's been doing recently, unfortunately, I think not.

3) Jack Swagger. This speaks for itself, contender for the title at WM, hit with charges. No way they're gonna land it on him again, right?

4) Fandango. As enjoyable as he's been recently, and having a win against Jerich under his belt, surely Fandango should be the next MiTB holder? Nope, a concussion put him out recently and since his return, nothing of note has really come his way. Should he win? Only if you want people to stop singing his music.

5) Wade Barrett. The guy who was meant to win it before he got hit with an injury, Barrett, the former IC Champ, should be a shoe-in, yes? Maybe he dropped his title to win this & move into better? I doubt it, but anything us possible.

6) Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro recently joined up with Zeb, and the last time someone done that? They became the number one contender to the WHC. Why not follow the fashion? Cesaro is great in the ring, and recently having been praised with an early MOTY candidate, there's a chance that maybe he could get this. Plus, wouldn't it be kinda cool to see Zeb make them both fight over it at some point, to see who still gets his guidance? Cesaro could be a believable champ too, he's got the strength heavyweights need & could make defending this title look good.

7) Dean Ambrose. The one problem? Current US Champ. Obviously, you can't immediately discount him, he can lose the tile in due course, but how awesome would it be to see someone who debuted about a year ago win this? He's got Shield on his side, meaning they could help him in every way possible, even being the reason that Dean wins the title. But, is there faith in him to become of the big champs yet?

Like I said, the match is beautiful looking at it outsude, because there's all this unpredictability, but on the inside, there may be more problems than we want. Oh, and they're all heels ;)

Well written post. After reading it all, I still haven't decided who I want to win. All that I do know is that I believe it is to soon for Damien Sandow to walk out MITB winner. The winner of this match could very well become the fture next big thing. Without explanation (because I have no idea how this match will end) I will call out who I believe who will win (from least likely to most likely)

Jack Swagger - Coming off DUI charges... not going to win this, after winning EC

Wade Barrett - Not sure what he did but obviously pissed someone off to drop as far as he has

Cody Rhodes - Should have gotten over by now, but dropped the "dashing" gimmick, now is considered a bathroom break

Fandango - Concussion ruined him

Dean Ambrose - Not quite his time, plus nobody wants a guy this talented heading smackdown

Antonio Cesaro - Cesaro/Ziggler, Cesaro/Del Rio, could make some great matches, Zeb is behind him, so we can forget about his non-mic skills

Damien Sandow - Gold, pure gold. The minifeud with Sheamus was used to see if can get over with main event talent. Yeah, he can. Say hello to the next MITB winner and future World Heavyweight Champ

For me, this is the most unpredictable match of the PPV and I simply cannot wait to see it. I don't know who is going to see, but let me say this Swagger and Fandango doesn't stand a single chance to win the blue briefcase. They both suck and neither have the right stats for them to be world champions.

I don't know who is going to be, my gut says that is Barrett but I'm not completely sold on the idea... It is going to be very interesting to see this match and obviously the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back