• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Money in the Bank : WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match

Who walks out of MITB as new WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

• John Cena

• Cesaro

• Alberto Del Rio

• Randy Orton

• Roman Reigns

• Sheamus

• Bray Wyatt

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've thought all along that Rollins wins the mitb briefcase match and cashes in at the end of the title match when they are all beat up. Gives the belt to a heel, let's cena get it back, and delays Rollins v. Ambrose until summerslam. Everyone wins.

20140616_LIGHT_Match_DelRio_Sheamus_Orton_Bray_Cesaro_Cena_Reigns_Kane_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This is going to be awesome. With the exception of the Money In the Bank match this could be the best match of the night. I think it will be a close second. The list of competitors are very impressive. Now that there is only one World Championship, I'm fine with this multi man Ladder match for the world title becoming an annual part of Money In the Bank. It will obviously close the show. Let's take a look at the competitors!

Alberto Del Rio
Alberto is not going to win this. Looking at the rest of the challengers, I'd argue he has the lowest odds of winning. The others are future world title holders, former world champions that still belong in the championship tier, or members of the authority. In today's world of one World Heavyweight Championship, he's better off going for the Intercontinental Championship.

Bray Wyatt
Had he been in the briefcase match he might have gotten my pick to win it, but I just can't see Wyatt winning this. He's not ready for the World Heavyweight Championship yet.

Cesaro
I'm surprised he is in this instead of the briefcase match. Cesaro should have a strong showing but ultimately Heyman's statements will end up being wrong. Cesaro will not win this match.

John Cena
I'm not against a John Cena win. He is my #2 pick to win, and had my #1 pick not been in the match then I might have given him the win. Cena is closing in on breaking Flair's title record so if it's not tomorrow then expect Cena to win the belt again soon.

Kane
Kane's addition was random. Especially considering Cena had to defeat him to get into the match. So he gets added anyway? That made Cena's qualification win pointless. They should just both have been added. Kane won't win. He'll probably try to help Randy win.

Randy Orton
It's often tough to not go with Orton in a situation like this, I'd say he's my #3 pick to win or so. It just doesn't seem like the right call this time around though. Not with Cena and Roman Reigns also in this match. Speaking of....

Roman Reigns
This is who I think will win. He's getting a huge push and given my predicted winner for the briefcase match, it would make perfect sense for Reigns to get his first World Heavyweight Championship win here, I'll go into that more in a moment.

Sheamus
Why isn't Sheamus defending his belt? Way to make the US Championship look important, WWE. As much as I like Sheamus, it ain't gonna happpen. His odds are the lowest after Alberto's.

So, I'm going to take a bit of a risk here. Not only do I predict that Roman Reigns wins the match, I predict we will see a cash-in immediately. Seth Rollins will leave as the World Heavyweight Champion.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Roman Reigns wins the World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins cashes in his briefcase to win the belt right afterwards

I see MITB 2014 being "rise of the Wyatt's". Bray will pull down both belts. Luke&harper will beat the uso's.

Battleground its hard to say who bray faces. But I definitely see S.S being bray vs a returning Dbry w the cena/lesnar match being #1 contenders match for title shot @ n.o.c

Dbry wins @ s.s as does Brock. Dbry beats brock to retain Belt @ N.O.C, hhh sends Rollins out to cash in. Only other scenario i see is Dolph winning briefcase and cashing in on lesnar as whomever does it will be a face.

This was actually an idea for a finish that I didn't come up with but a YouTuber came up with and I thought it would be interesting to share it.

It would involve Seth Rollins winning the MITB ladder match which is probably the most logical way to go in that match. You have Rollins and you turn him heel and you change his character. The way you establish that character is by giving him that big signature victory at the first possibly opportunity so he can be cemented as a main event player and a top guy, if you will.

But that's not the end of it quite yet. Fast forward to the world title ladder match, which I have to believe will main event the show. What you'll have here is an opportunity take advantage of dynamics to have participants cost others the match and therefore establish feuds going into Battleground an even Summerslam. For example, have Cesaro cost Cena the title and have them feud afterwards, etc. At the match's climax, have Roman Reigns spear the living hell out of every competitor in the match and make it seem like he's the man and he's the one who will take the championship when out of the blue, Triple H sneaks up on him and Pedigrees him. At that point, instead of waiting for after the match, Rollins cashes in his briefcase (which would be well within the rules of being able to cash in wherever and whenever) and scampers up the ladder when everyone is down to win the WWE World Heavyweight title.

By doing this, Seth Rollins' decision to turn his back on the Shield and sell his soul to Triple H is validated. Seth Rollins himself is validated as a future top guy and a main event player by winning both ladder matches in a single night. It might be seen as a typical chickenshit heel tactic but a cerebral smart tactic.

May or may not happen. Just thought it was a fun thought.

This was actually an idea for a finish that I didn't come up with but a YouTuber came up with and I thought it would be interesting to share it.

It would involve Seth Rollins winning the MITB ladder match which is probably the most logical way to go in that match. You have Rollins and you turn him heel and you change his character. The way you establish that character is by giving him that big signature victory at the first possibly opportunity so he can be cemented as a main event player and a top guy, if you will.

But that's not the end of it quite yet. Fast forward to the world title ladder match, which I have to believe will main event the show. What you'll have here is an opportunity take advantage of dynamics to have participants cost others the match and therefore establish feuds going into Battleground an even Summerslam. For example, have Cesaro cost Cena the title and have them feud afterwards, etc. At the match's climax, have Roman Reigns spear the living hell out of every competitor in the match and make it seem like he's the man and he's the one who will take the championship when out of the blue, Triple H sneaks up on him and Pedigrees him. At that point, instead of waiting for after the match, Rollins cashes in his briefcase (which would be well within the rules of being able to cash in wherever and whenever) and scampers up the ladder when everyone is down to win the WWE World Heavyweight title.

By doing this, Seth Rollins' decision to turn his back on the Shield and sell his soul to Triple H is validated. Seth Rollins himself is validated as a future top guy and a main event player by winning both ladder matches in a single night. It might be seen as a typical chickenshit heel tactic but a cerebral smart tactic.

May or may not happen. Just thought it was a fun thought.

I actually posted on here a few weeks ago, and my idea was close to this:

Have Cena win the belts, fall off the ladder, barely able to get up. Enter Rollins and HHH (in a ref shirt). HHH then fast counts Rollins pinning Cena. Then you have Cena v. HHH for the rest of the summer, which, while boring, removes them both from the title picture, removes them from matches with the young talent, and they'll still be able to give 2 or 3 phenomenal matches.

I like Cena for that scenario because he can't lose anything by dropping the titles. He can't lose anything by being that transitional, while other wrestlers don't have the credibility that Cena has (yet).

Either way, while I like Cena as the winner of this, Amazon.com might have ruined that for us, so, I'm pretty excited to see how this one ends up...

So, WWE Money in the Bank PPV is tonight, and everyone seems to have their opinions on who would win, with the majority being either Roman Reigns, John Cena or Randy Orton. But now I've been hearing that WWE might POSSIBLY have Alberto Del Rio win the title to persuade him to re-sign a new contract. Now, I can maybe understand why they would do this, as they may feel that they don't have anyone else to entice their Spanish/Mexican fanbase to tune in, but how does that saying go? "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it"? Something like that, anyway. Just about every time they've made Alberto Del Rio champion, they've had to switch and give it to someone else within a couple of months. The reason? He's boring. He doesn't really put the a$$es in seats, so to speak. The Mexican Aristocrat was played out years ago, and when he was face, that was the only time he wasn't really playing that character. Everytime I see him on my screen, I immediately try and find something else to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Either way, IF they go with having him win it, I'm sure we'll see a fairly quick cash-in. If not, where can they go, story-line wise? He has almost no history with Daniel Bryan, if Bryan is even ready to go in the next month or so. Who else is there that we could care about going after Del Rio for the title? Any ideas? Anyway, I really hope this doesn't happen.

Not that I think this storyline will or should happen, but I could see a fairly logical progression. Cesaro and adr have butted heads a bit over the last week or so of programming (cesaro neutralizing adr after tag match).

Perhaps cesaro/adr at battleground, with cesaro winning. Then brock/cesaro at summerslam, with heyman siding with lesnar and cesaro making a face turn.

Now that of course is at odds with the prematurely announced lesnar/cena at summerslam, so that's why I doubt this would happen. But if it did, that's the most logical progression from adr to lesnar/summerslam.

I know I've been back and forth with this, but I have to say that my final answer for winning tonight's Championship match is Cesaro. Let's face it, the WWE's been high on him for a while. I think that I read somewhere that Cesaro is HHH's favorite guy right now which is why he put him with Heyman. That's awesome. And with Lesnar coming back, who better to get Cesaro over than having him beat the guy who beat the streak?

I pick Bray Wyatt to win. Even though he lost to Cena at Payback he is still a strong character. I could see him holding the title for a couple of months.

I've literally been saying Del Rio for like 4 days now xP he's the only one everybody is counting out! If they want to surprise us that is the way to do it. And don't make him a transition champion losing it to Cesaro in a month :S I don't see why everyone thinks Lesnar is fighting for the title at SummerSlam? He'd leave in a month and have to lose it, so we have transition champion there too. It's like everybody is expecting the belt to bounce around like crazy. If you ignore Bryan's injury the belt stayed on Orton for what 3-4 months. Expect a reign like that, we can't have Cena win and lose it to Lesnar.

There will be TWO winners of the Money in the Bank ladder match. One person will grab the World Heavyweight Championship, and the other will grab the WWE title. It will be resolved at Battleground PPV and thus requiring WWE Network subscribers to renew their subscription.

Genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back