WWE Jobbers that Do Their Jobs

Klown_Karnage

Slapstick Heavyweight Champion
Okay, I've got a new direction to go in for this thread: Jobbers that actually make the most of their role and fulfill their obligations with the maximum of effect. I'm speaking specifically in terms of the WWE, although I may touch on TNA in a later thread. I keep seeing threads about various wrestlers who are jobbing and many people are saying they should get a push. In some cases, however, I have to ask the question of why that should be when they're doing such a good job in the position they have now.

Let's be honest, in these matches someone has to win and someone has to lose. Furthermore, not all jobbers get squashed each time, they simply lose the majority of the time. I have to say as well that several jobbers, despite their lack of success in the ring in terms of victories, have their own ways of getting over with the crowd. In short, they are highly effective in the role they are forced to make do with.

My question to the Wrestlezone public, which WWE jobbers are the best at being the losing opponent?

For me, I have to separate Raw and Smackdown.

In terms of Raw, the jobber I think most effective is Santino. He always has been. He's hilarious on the mic and in backstage vignettes (especially when butchering the English language) and in the ring he can sell like mad. We don't even feel bad enjoying his "pain" because most of the time it's his own stupidity that gets him hurt.

For Smackdown, Mike Knox is the most effective jobber in my opinion. He's easy to hate and therefore it's easy to enjoy his defeat, yet his sheer versatility and level of "threat" are consistently high. He's obviously able to play the power and size game, yet has a hell of a lot of agility and speed for his size, plus that cross body he does still makes me cringe given the amount of size and force behind it. Besides, he's also an interesting character. I always enjoy it when he gets a vignette spot or pop up promo.

For ECW...well, my choice for obvious reasons, Tommy Dreamer, is no longer there. Ah well.

I think that if we are talking about jobbers that are getting over with the crowd and making there opponent look good at the same time, Evan Bourne is right now one of the best. The fans are behind him because he is a very talented, young high flyer and he has the look of a humble good guy. He also makes it look like each time he faces an opponent that they crush him. He does get some offense in on some opponents, but that makes them look even better as they can over come a SSP or a knee to the jaw and still win.

When Bourne loses to opponents it looks like he gave it his all, but his opponents are so good that they will beat him no matter what. I hate to see his talent being used to job, but one of his talents is to sell moves and make the moves look like they've killed him.

I do agree that Mike Knox is also another great jobber as he is a big, tough man that can put on great matches and put over other talent. Even when he was up against Evan Bourne they made eachothers moves look effective and painfull. Usually big guys are the ones destroying the jobbers, so it's nice seeing it the other way around.

I haven't watched much ECW as of late so I'm not sure who is jobbing, or if there is even jobbers, but i would agree that when Dreamer was in ECW he always put himself over newer talent and made them look good. I don't think we could call him a jobber because he did win the ECW Championship, which isn't really what a jobbers purpose is.

Jack Swagger is a jobber but he really makes his opponents look good the crowd might not like him but he made HHH look good last week even if HHH is a top guy in WWE Swagger made him look more better then what he is.So my pick is swagger and evan goes in second because he also makes others look good for example the big show and the miz

I have two different ones in mind.

The first will have to be Evan Bourne. Its sad to say because he does have talent. He's more talented then half of the wrestlers on Raw, but it's his size that makes him the perfect jobber. Without a cruiserweight division, there will be nothing for him. The guy is like 150 lbs, and until Rey Mysterio retires or get released, there will not be room for any other underdog champion. they put this poor guy in matches with Sheamus and guys more than twice his size. WWE needs to come up with some kind of cruiserweight division. But this kid can take a beating. see what Sheamus did to him?

My second choice would have to be Jack Swagger, which is a shame cuz the guy has potential. He was showcased really well in ECW, and started really good on Raw. Not too sure what happened with him, and why creative has booked him to be a jobber to not only the stars but to have someone like Santino come in and throw him out of the ring, over the top rope before the Rumble. But he is doing a good job being a jobber, and making his losses look legit.

On Raw, its Evan Bourne, hands down. I thought cody Rhodes broke his friggin neck with the crossroades he hit on him a few weeks ago. He makes it look, week in and week out, like he really felt the impact of the move. Hes got that aspect of ring psychology down better then anybody in WWE.

On Smackdown, I would have gone with R-Truth but theylve been pushing him a bit lately. So Ill go with Finlay, because lets face it, thats all he is now is a jobber, and sells pain just as well as anybody. Hes been around long enough, he should know how to. But the best jobber of all might be on ECW.....

William Regal. Hes been jobbing to Christian since what, Summerslam of last year? Its not the length of time that makes me say that, however, its been his ability to put over other guys like Tatsu, and especially the aformentioned Christian and again, look like hes really gotten hurt by the moves. He understands ring psychology, how to sell an injured body part, and how to take a finisher. All of those are key to being a good jobber. To me, hes the best WWE has.

My pick is Goldust, the guy still has awesome skills and is very popular with fans. With that I think he has only one a few matches since going to ECW.

The obvious choice here is Kane. Once a top tier contender and a former champion, he has become relegated to jobber status over the last few years. Which apparently he has no problem with at this stage of his career, he apparently doesn't mind putting over younger talent to "give back" to the business that gave him so much.

Kane, the Big Red Machine, the unstoppable monster, who these days gets stopped in almost every match he competes in. If someone is being punished by a GM, he gets put in a match with Kane. If someone needs to be made look good, he is put in a match with the "psychotic" Kane, and he usually beats him, thus pushing the other talent.

Another guy is Chavo, but not in the same way as Kane. Chavo has become a jobber and he doesn't seem to mind it either. In fact he seems to embrace his mediocrity. While this may not mean as much of a push for his opponent, count on Chavo to give his all and put off a good match almost every time, which is a credit to him a this stage of his career.

On Raw Santino and Bourne are just amazing! Bourne obviously because of his athletic ability, and his flexability. Santino on the other hand because hes just helarious. Doesnt matter if hes heal or face, he always gets the crowd laughing and into the match, or promo.
Smackdown Has the two monsters, "The mountain of a man" Mike knox, and "the big red machine" Kane. Getting a victory over either of these two men always is a great step in a young superstars push.
ECW is just full of jobbers (besides christian and big zeke), and I can expect that to be the same when NXT starts aswell.

The guy might be in line for a title run very soon, but I'm going to go with Chris Jericho. He put over R-Truth recently, did the same with Kofi just before his heel turn, had a one-off with Christian and lost clean, and has been a top-notch main event loser for months now. He's not the typical jobber, but he can lose a million times in a row and lose absolutely no steam whatsoever. If someone needs a big win and a major credibility rub, Jericho's the man to do all of that and not lose a bit of his heat.

I have always valued Santino's place on the WWE roster. The man is skilled in the ring, and that really helps wrestlers in many ways. He makes beatdowns on some of the pushed green talent look incredible. Yes, he loses a lot, but sometimes he gets that random one-up, such as he did against Jack Swagger the other day. But the very next week, he made fans forget about Swagger's weakness, as Santino was beat down. That to me is a great jobber.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up Matt Hardy. The man is more over than most mid card guys and he does a good job in making talent look good. Jack Swagger, MVP, Eric Escobar, Luke Gallows, the list goes on endlessly. He is still marketable as anyone would get their hands on anything Hardy related regardless of which one. Even though people want to see him succeed he still does the job without people losing hope in him.

What the hell is wrong with u people.! Jack Swagger is not a JOBBER. U people all got the definition of a jobber wrong.. Jobber= A nobody who loses all the time to talent and his only job is to get beat up and make it look painful!! Barry Horowitz,gillberg,123 kid till he got his push. lol etc. Remeber when he beat Razor? It was like OMG, thats how pathetic a jobber is. Santino is not,hes worth way more than that bcuz of his comedy.In my opinion there isnt any jobbers nowadays.That part of wrestling is over and pretty much ended with the attitude era..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back