• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hell In A Cell: HIAC Match - Dean Ambrose VS Seth Rollins

The more that I think about this, the more that I realize that there is no benefit for Ambrose to win this, clean or dirty, and that the only way that both members get kept safe is for Rollins to cleanly win this.

Ambrose will always be the Lunatic Fringe, from now on. Wins won't build him or tear him down. Rollins losing, however, would severely diminish his shot at a successful cash in, and if he can't beat Ambrose, then what chance would he have at remaining the champion?

A face has to defeat Lesnar, and then Rollins will have to defeat that face. Rollins can't have a loss to Ambrose in the recent months on PPV and successfully maintain that WWEWHC steam. However, if Ambrose wins, Rollins looks weak, Ambrose looks the exact same as he does right now, and there is a net zero sum gain by having them fight.

Agreed.

But not only will Rollins look weak, but losing can cause a lot of Heel Heat he has built to be lost. After all, the whole reason he has so much overness as a Heel is because he broke up with the Shield and since then he has been pursued by Ambrose.

Indeed, eventually Ambrose will need to get the win because "Good" triumphs over "Evil" and in any case, given how the betrayal happened, the majority of fans(myself included) will always be rooting for Ambrose to get that final bit of revenge and give Rollins his comeuppance.

So basically, this match has to be very carefully booked in a way that Ambrose gets more over as a face and probably will see him come close, 'yet so far' in terms of the win.

I say best if Rollins wins and continues his momentum as an Opportunist type of heel(I mean, he just Curb Stomped Randy on RAW anyways). A clean loss for sure will cause a halt in his momentum.

Ambrose VS Rollins in the Cell had the potential to be a main event match, but with Cena VS Orton on the card, and the added stipulation for the winner facing Lesnar, I can't see that happening now.

Still, it should be a great match. The sneaky and cowardly heel trapped inside a cage with the raging lunatic is a story that writes itself, and we already know they can deliver a great match together. I say Rollins finds a way to escape with the win after some help from The Authority (it has to be Kane), and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Ambrose, Rollins, Cena and Orton- this has now effectively gone from 2 faces vs 2 heels to every guy for himself and every guy ready to do anything to rise above the others. Rollins curb-stomped Lesnar, Randy attacked Lesnar's manager, Cena already has shit with Lesnar, and Ambrose is climbing up there as well. The Cena-Orton feud seems to be an one-match affair, but now would be a good time to end the Rollins-Ambrose feud as well, and bring Brock Lesnar back to put these four back in their place. I see no reason for the Rollins-Ambrose war to continue beyond Hell in a Cell, and thus my money is on Dean Ambrose finally getting his long-awaited revenge this match. This win will cement Ambrose as a main-eventer, while Rollins will continue to be there, thanks to the Money In The Bank briefcase and his affiliations with The Authority.

20141013_EP_LIGHT_HIAC_Ambrose_Rollins_HOME.jpg

Alright, here we go. THIS is the match I am looking forward to the most out of anything on the card. It is also my prediction for the best match of the night. Ambrose and Rollins are capable of putting on something fantastic, let alone when they have a stipulation such as the namesake match of this PPV event. There is no doubt in my mind that they will steal the show here. Ambrose needs the win and that is the result that I believe we will see. Seth has the Money In The Bank briefcase, so he still has a huge push waiting for him in the future. A win here will be a way for Ambrose to prove that he too belongs further up on the card. It also allows for the feud to continue, setting up for a potential Team Ambrose VS Team Rollins match at Survivor Series followed by a conclusion at TLC. If the feud does end here, that would be a shame as it has been great, but I'm anticipating the match either way. I can see it going on third to last with only The Bellas "match" and Cena VS Orton following it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Dean Ambrose will defeat Seth Rollins.

I'm siding with the swinging consensus in this thread that Rollins could be the one picking up a victory here. Fine, he's playing the cowardly heel role, and playing it well. But his booking as of late doesn't make him look a particularly strong character, MiTB or not. Clean loss to Reigns before they were supposed to face off at NoC was "odd" to say the least. His singles victories on Raw/SD mean very little considering his opponents were generally mid-carders. I could care less about tag-team main events on both Raw and Smackdown too.

As touched upon earlier, I still fully expect Ambrose to "get his" at the end of the day, and come out on top of the feud, but I truly think Rollins needs this more than Ambrose at this point. Daniel Bryan hit bumps in the road during his run, and nobody batted an eyelid when he lost clean to Bray at the Rumble. I could see Rollins with another chicken shit win to drive the lunatic fringe even more crazy, take him to an even darker place, and hopefully lead to a truly godlike match at Survivor Series where the feud ends there, Ambrose stomps Rollins, and Rollins moves onto Orton with one eye fixed on the title picture.

That's just my thoughts anyway, I'm just looking forward to a hopefully classic match, regardless of the outcome. :) Generally I don't like repeat matches from one PPV to another, but I'd love to see them wrestle again at Survivor Series.

The problem is that if Ambrose doesn't win, then this feud will be shit. Seriously, they've spent MONTHS on this battle with Rollins always getting away using dirty tactics. They even robbed us viewers of a match when Triple H decided to cancel it because of poor behavior by Ambrose. We're tired of seeing Ambrose fucked over and if Rollins wins, I think Ambrose will lose momentum. Because what happens next?

Ambrose moves on? That's out of character but this feud has gone on for too long to extend it another PPV. Rollins, unfortunately, has already been booked like a joke. He needs help all the time and he flees like a coward. THAT is going to hurt his main event momentum. Ambrose continuously losing at these PPV's means he's also being booked as a loser. If after constantly losing, he loses AGAIN, then that will definitely hurt him in the long run. So either

- They extend it one more time and test fans patience.
- Ambrose wins and they STOP booking Rollins like a wimpy coward.
- Rollins wins and Ambrose looks inferior and is now a quitter if the feud ends.

Absolutely pathetic WWE couldn't give the rivalry of the year a clean ending... terrible, terrible writing and decision-making from a company clearly losing touch with its audience...

I hope people start boycotting... awful

Yeah, the ending pissed me off too. If this was 'Show Vs Rusev' that Bray interrupted, then fine. That feud hasn't been going on for very long. But we've waited FOREVER for this moment. Ugh, now I have a headache.

Yeah. Also, in typical wwe fashion, they expect Ambrose to be able to pull Bray from the mid card, but what will happen is that Bray will pull Ambrose from the main event to the midcard.

After that match, to pull it early for a Bray Wyatt run in, no thanks to the moron that thought that up.

I wanted Ambrose to win that match as both a fan and a smark. But now Ambrose feuds with Wyatt with no win over Seth Rollins. They could've saved that Wyatt moment for tomorrow night on Raw. SMH.

The original Hell in a Cell match ended in basically the exact same way. The lights went out, and this guy named Kane appeared, entered the Cell and destroyed the Undertaker, giving Shawn Michaels the win and kick starting a new feud. I don't think that Bray Wyatt doing a run in at the end of the match really takes away from the performance Rollins and Ambrose gave throughout. I thought the match was great, and the best Cell match in years.

This also doesn't mean it's the end for Rollins and Ambrose. Ambrose is going to go on to feud with Wyatt for the next few months, and it looks like it's going to be Rollins against Orton. But at some point down the line we are going to see Rollins vs Ambrose again. Both of those guys are future main eventers and they're going to be around for awhile, I can 100% guarantee you that this will not be the final chapter in their rivalry. Look at John Cena and Randy Orton, they've feuded countless time, and even had two matches inside the Cell.

Imagine if next year leading into WrestleMania Ambrose calls out Rollins and says they have unfinished business and that he wants to settle things on the grandest stage of them all. You'd probably poop your pants.

So yeah you people need to chill the fuck out, the PPV was fine.

With the short attention spans fans dont wanna wait down the line for future rollins ambrose feud. They needed to finish that tonight and they failed. Since mania bray has been on a decline and throwing him in this mix tonight proved it. He had no heat no anything. Fans booed cause they got cheated. I go through phases with wrestling, always have, I need to take a break again and see how things are at wrestlemania

Absolutely pathetic WWE couldn't give the rivalry of the year a clean ending...

Say hello to the new Rivalry of the Year- John Cena vs Brock Lesnar, which will get a clean ending when Cena pins Lesnar's ass on the mat with the Attitude Adjustment of Doom and becomes the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. The Champ is here! And The Beast is "elevated" to new heights and "made relevant" thanks to his loss against Cena.

Coming to the topic, like someone else said, Ambrose and Rollins will probably renew their rivalry in time for Wrestlemania... The money would be good, everyone will watch, WWE fans will say Vince is a super genius, that it was a perfect plan all along and other fans were idiots for getting angry after Hell in a Cell. But this PPV further showed how much the significance of HIAC has been tarnished. Wrestlemania is not the only place where feuds should end. Hell in a Cell matches also served that purpose once, one participant was a survivor while another got destroyed. But now HIAC is just another routine match which has been used to earn #1 contendership in one case and enable someone's return in the other.

This feud should have ended here with the face winning. It could be renewed very easily on the road by having Rollins screw up Ambrose's big match like he did to Cena... And Ambrose would go like "You want a rematch? Hell, I want a rematch!" like Shield demanded against Evolution. Having Wyatt screw up the finish in an otherwise great match seemed a bit futile. Finally, I wonder what will happen to Bray Wyatt when Ambrose ultimately triumphs over him at TLC or Royal Rumble... Will Chris Jericho have to come back to save him?

This feud should have ended here with the face winning. It could be renewed very easily on the road by having Rollins screw up Ambrose's big match like he did to Cena... And Ambrose would go like "You want a rematch? Hell, I want a rematch!" like Shield demanded against Evolution. Having Wyatt screw up the finish in an otherwise great match seemed a bit futile. Finally, I wonder what will happen to Bray Wyatt when Ambrose ultimately triumphs over him at TLC or Royal Rumble... Will Chris Jericho have to come back to save him?

I agree but obviously the WWE thinks they know better. What a waste of Ambrose to feud with Wyatt, who's great on the mic, but his in ring capabilities leave much to be desired. It's a total waste of the feud of the year, and lazy booking all around.

Anyone saying they have a problem with Bray interfering just likes to complain. Would I have liked a clean finish? Sure but guess what the finish they had made no one look weak plus they can still revisit this feud come wrestlemania if they want to which is a perfect time to end this feud. On another note, kane interfered in a great cell match with HBK vs Taker and and shawn won the same way Rollins did. I never heard anyone complain about that so don't complain about this finish. It made Bray look strong on his return.

Hell in a cell ppv sucked ass. One of the worst ppv of recent memory. Only good thing about the ppv was the table/cell spot in the dean/ seth match.

Bray shouldn't of interfered in the match. Ambrose needed to win.

I was never a fan of bray, too me he is a horrible wrestler. And bad on the mic.

The whole ppv was a fail

People need to stop comparing the shawn/taker hiac to dean/seth.
There is no comparison.
Two different concepts

Agreed. I'd want my money back if I paid for it and I am angry enough to boycott WWE altogether until road to Wrestlemania...

Can't give us a clean finish to the match we all wanted...

can't give us a better challenger to Lesnar, so we are force fed Cena... again....

the women's division is non-existent... so is the tag-team division..

we are going to keep getting Rusev and the anti-American crap which is getting sooo old

and Nikki Bella didn't get nude so that match was useless

Agreed. I'd want my money back if I paid for it and I am angry enough to boycott WWE altogether until road to Wrestlemania...

Can't give us a clean finish to the match we all wanted...

can't give us a better challenger to Lesnar, so we are force fed Cena... again....

the women's division is non-existent... so is the tag-team division..

we are going to keep getting Rusev and the anti-American crap which is getting sooo old

and Nikki Bella didn't get nude so that match was useless

I agree, the ppv sucked. WWE has fallen hard.
Cena is gonna face rusev at wrestlemania. :banghead: smh.

Titles dont mean shit anymore. smh

Have to agree with most of the posters here, that ending was absolutely awful. Once again Dean Ambrose gets screwed over, first by the authority (like we haven't seen that a zillion times already) and then by midcarder Bray Wyatt. I guess redemption only works in WWE when you're John Cena.

Dean didn't look strong at all, he just proved again that he can't beat a guy with no bass in his voice...he can't beat the odds, he's just a victim.

The next logical step for WWE creative would be to turn Ambrose heel in his next feud and join the Wyatts, effectively killing off any steam he might have had.

I'm ok with this. Sure, I think we all hoped for a little more from this match, and I understand why some might not like this ending, but I think we take this lump in the throat and look to the future, as I have extremely high hopes for an Ambrose V Wyatt feud, and maybe Rollins V Orton too. I'm still of the opinion like I was before that Rollins couldn't really lose this as his booking hasn't been fantastic other than getting mid-carders jobbing to him. Sure, it was a chicken shit heel win, but it was a win. Ambrose losing doesn't harm him one bit. It's the Daniel Bryan thing over again. I'm reading the exact same kinds of posts from one year ago during the Orton/Bryan feud. :D Chill out guys, Ambrose will get his big moment.

Ambrose didn't lose. Tub o' lard ruined the match. It's bad booking, nothing more. Ambrose had to lose clean to Rollins here, that was the only way to save them both.

Wyatt will ruin Ambrose. Rollins will be fine, but his feud with Orton isn't going to make sense.

People need to stop comparing the shawn/taker hiac to dean/seth.
There is no comparison.
Two different concepts

Yeah it's a totally different concept. HBK and Taker had a Hell in a Cell Match, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose had a Hell in a Cell Match.

A monster heel interfered and attacked the babyface so the chickenshit heel could get the win with the face still staying strong and having a new feud. It was the exact same finish and it was done for the exact same reasons.

Yeah it's a totally different concept. HBK and Taker had a Hell in a Cell Match, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose had a Hell in a Cell Match.

A monster heel interfered and attacked the babyface so the chickenshit heel could get the win with the face still staying strong and having a new feud. It was the exact same finish and it was done for the exact same reasons.

not really , it was bad booking. Big difference is that kane was building up towards the hiac match in 1997.
There was no build for bray at all. And btw bray hasn't been relevant since wrestlemania 30. :banghead:
Bray isn't not a monster heel at all. Hasn't been in a long time.
Bray isn't relevant. He was exposed with cena and jericho.

Taker and Shawn had proper build and told a great story. And it was a success
Dean and seth was good, had a good build. But bray ruined it, there was no buildup. Just bad booking.

Dean/ bray is not money. Their feud is gonna suck. Bray is probably gonna win this feud, Because vince loves bray.
Dean got over on his own. Now he is gonna be punished for it. Vince doesnt want dean as the top guy
Reigns is gonna take his spot bc of vince hard on for big guys

Please stop comparing two veterans and established wrestlers like shawn/taker. to sean/dean, they are not at that level yet.

not really , it was bad booking. Big difference is that kane was building up towards the hiac match in 1997.
There was no build for bray at all. And btw bray hasn't been relevant since wrestlemania 30. :banghead:
Bray isn't not a monster heel at all. Hasn't been in a long time.
Bray isn't relevant. He was exposed with cena and jericho.

Taker and Shawn had proper build and told a great story. And it was a success
Dean and seth was good, had a good build. But bray ruined it, there was no buildup. Just bad booking.

Dean/ bray is not money. Their feud is gonna suck. Bray is probably gonna win this feud, Because vince loves bray.
Dean got over on his own. Now he is gonna be punished for it. Vince doesnt want dean as the top guy
Reigns is gonna take his spot bc of vince hard on for big guys

Please stop comparing two veterans and established wrestlers like shawn/taker. to sean/dean, they are not at that level yet.

Not to mention there was another difference, Taker and Shawn was also a nr1. contender match and they wanted to put the belt back on Shawn. It made no sense for Taker to win that match.

Taker was already the phenom back then and a very rare loss couldn't hurt him. He went on to defeat Kane at WM.

Kane was undefeated until WM and looked unstoppable. Wyatt was ragdolled by Cena, pinned by Jericho and so on...hardly the same caliber.

Ambrose loses all the time. Will he go on and defeat Wyatt at WM ? And will anybody care by that time ?

The fuck are some of you bitching about?

Cesaro/Ziggler was really good. Cena/Orton was really good. Ambrose/Rollins was really good.

Don't bitch about the finish or the table bump looking "staged". Watch HIAC1. Michaels takes a long look at the table and jumps right to it. Kane comes out at the end. So if you're going to bitch about those elements in Ambrose/Rollins, then you have to admit that pretty much the best cage match in the history of wrestling (Taker/Michaels) had the same flaws. God I hate the IWC. Everything today sucks. Everything from the past is better. That's all I hear. Can't you guys form an original opinion?

Also, Dean looked VERY strong. Don't believe me? Listen to his reactions. He got screwed after beating Rollin's ass and taking a bump that gives him more "crazy" cred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back