Dean Ambrose to Feud with Bray Wyatt?

When I heard about the results for the HiaC matches last night I was severely bummed out. While I prefer Rollins to Ambrose, Dean needed a win. He never won a match in the feud from my recollection. So basically we're told, Seth is the better of the two...yet Reigns beat Seth on Raw pretty handily. So Reigns is the best, then Seth then Dean. Which just doesn't seem right to me. I fully expected Dean to win last night and move the feud till about TLC where one of them comes out on top for the new year.

But instead we have Rollins feuding with Orton I guess and Dean feuding with Bray Wyatt. Not a knock on any of the guys but there's a reacher and a grabber in both feuds. Rollins is reaching, Orton is grabbing him for this feud...this will be to put Rollins over in the end. Meanwhile Bray is reaching and Dean is grabbing in their feud. Bray right now is in this awkward midcard territory where he's too good for most guys, yet not over enough for the upper midcard/main eventers. This feud will be to get Bray over...yet what happens to Dean? Hell what happens to Bray if Dean wins?!

Not to mention the Dean/Seth feud was basically an enhancement feud for Seth...WWE I severely question your decision making here.

Then Orton gets added to the Bray Wyatt pile now. Somebody Cena could lose to, yet Cena can't lose when he's going after Lesnar. I mean come on WWE, this match should have been Orton's! Orton/Lesnar is fresh and we'd eat the shit out of it thinking Seth was going to cash in if Orton won the title! I hope at some point the WWE stops making a mess out of things like this. The fans were cheering for Orton and Ambrose on Raw...so what happens on this Raw? Orton is once again the consolation prize. Just...not enough words to express my confusion and anger about this booking decision all around. But of course, hopefully the WWE makes some gold out of this shit storm they've spun us

By being booked against the top guy in the company, against the hottest face in the company, and against the hottest enhancement part timer in the company?

Bray Wyatt has had more handed to him than even Randy Orton did, and he shit all over it. Ambrose is light years ahead of Bray, I just hope that Bray doesn't tear him down with sloppy moves, boring promos, and a general lack of ability to be on the main roster in this feud.

The feud with Bryan basically ended abruptly, the one with cena Wyatt lost, and during the one with Jericho he was destroyed by cena in what were basically squash matches.

Also the Wyatts lost their feud with the Uso's.

No that's not good booking for a monster heel like Wyatt.

I like the idea of them battling to find out who is more crazy. Or indeed, Bray challenging just how crazy Ambrose is. I mean, Bray is clearly messed up and was (is) associated with Harper and Rowan. He is kind off the WWE expert.

My only problem with this feud is the WWE are in an awkward position, again. Dean is a pretty young superstar so you don't want him to lose. Wyatt is youthful too and he has the added dimension of being a "monster" - he can hardly afford to lose either.

So a feud between two guys who can't lose has limited options. As seen with Brock/Cena at NoC and Ambrose/Rollins. I'm not a fan of trading wins so the WWE will have to be smart in how they plan out this feud so that both remain strong throughout.

By being booked against the top guy in the company, against the hottest face in the company, and against the hottest enhancement part timer in the company?

Bray Wyatt has had more handed to him than even Randy Orton did, and he shit all over it. Ambrose is light years ahead of Bray, I just hope that Bray doesn't tear him down with sloppy moves, boring promos, and a general lack of ability to be on the main roster in this feud.

Ambrose is light years ahead of Bray? Ambrose is coming of his first feud. Bray was just as big as Ambrose during his feud with DB, remember when people were saying he should end the streak? In that regard they are pretty much equal. Ambrose has to prove he can repeat his success which is where Bray failed. Ambrose needs a character like Bray to feud with. He has no past issues with anyone else and his lunatic fringe character won't work well with any other current heels except maybe Orton which is most likely Seth's next feud.

No, normal people never thought that Bray could end the streak. IWC smarks did, and they're generally pretty wrong.

Ambrose is good in ring, he's great on the mic, and he's believable. Bray is a cartoon character on the mic, rambling incoherently. He's just terrible in the ring, in fact, I think that there are Divas that could out wrestle Bray. He's never been believable.

This feud is a massive step down for Ambrose.

No, normal people never thought that Bray could end the streak. IWC smarks did, and they're generally pretty wrong.

Ambrose is good in ring, he's great on the mic, and he's believable. Bray is a cartoon character on the mic, rambling incoherently. He's just terrible in the ring, in fact, I think that there are Divas that could out wrestle Bray. He's never been believable.

This feud is a massive step down for Ambrose.

But that's exactly what an IWC smark would say. So that means that it's probably wrong.

(seriously, using excuses as "oh it was just the IWC smarks" whilst being on the internet, and whilst being sn(/m)arky, is even less believable than being Wyatt :p)

But that's exactly what an IWC smark would say. So that means that it's probably wrong.

Ah. You're confused by words. Sorry about that.

Let me explain.

The IWC (which is NOT everyone who discusses wrestling on the internet, despite their attempts to include everyone so as to draw attention away from their HORRIBLE ideas) is loaded with people who think that they are smarter than the average fan because they read internet wrestling rags. That group of people believed that Bray Wyatt was the second coming of the Undertaker, Kane, and Mankind all rolled into one. What we got was a fatso that acted weird in the ring, and couldn't get over as a heel.

After putting him in feuds with 3 of the greatest superstars in the last decade, he was still stuck in neutral. His rambling promos were cute at first, but as each fan realized that they couldn't understand him because he spoke in circles and he never really says anything of any value at all, he had to resort to face pandering, and started singing He's got the whole world in his hands. That's when the casual fans linked on to him.

After terrible outtings against the two guys who are guaranteed to make someone look great, Cena and Jericho, he was exposed for being really bad in the ring, and being unable to match top stars on the mic. Now, the WWE is giving Mike Rotunda another favor by putting his son into a main event picture all again.

Dean Ambrose, on the other hand, has been white hot. Initially, I was NOT a fan of his. I always thought he was the dead weight in the Shield. When he won the US Title, I was confused by it. But since Wrestlemania, he's just been killing it in the ring, and killing it on the mic. He's a believable guy. He has earned his spot at the top, while Bray has had his handed to him because of familial connections to the WWE.

Calling someone that reads internet message boards about wrestling a member of the IWC is like calling someone a pro wrestler that did some backyard wrestling as a kid in the 90s.

Ah. You're confused by words. Sorry about that.

Let me explain.

The IWC (which is NOT everyone who discusses wrestling on the internet, despite their attempts to include everyone so as to draw attention away from their HORRIBLE ideas) is loaded with people who think that they are smarter than the average fan because they read internet wrestling rags. That group of people believed that Bray Wyatt was the second coming of the Undertaker, Kane, and Mankind all rolled into one. What we got was a fatso that acted weird in the ring, and couldn't get over as a heel.
Which resembles closely your approach here.

After putting him in feuds with 3 of the greatest superstars in the last decade, he was still stuck in neutral. His rambling promos were cute at first, but as each fan realized that they couldn't understand him because he spoke in circles and he never really says anything of any value at all, he had to resort to face pandering, and started singing He's got the whole world in his hands. That's when the casual fans linked on to him.
Well, I mean, pandering to the lowest denominator is basically a rule in wrestling. We're not exactly talking about Kubrick here.

After terrible outtings against the two guys who are guaranteed to make someone look great, Cena and Jericho, he was exposed for being really bad in the ring, and being unable to match top stars on the mic. Now, the WWE is giving Mike Rotunda another favor by putting his son into a main event picture all again.
He actually looked quite allright in his feud with Jericho, sadly, as already said the booking was quite iffy there. Cannot speak about the cena one since I wasn't really watching at the time, but the one thing I remember is seeing him lose in their last match.

Calling someone that reads internet message boards about wrestling a member of the IWC is like calling someone a pro wrestler that did some backyard wrestling as a kid in the 90s.
Well I mean, the world pro means professional, so "earning money from it". I don't see any specific of the kind in the acronym IWC. Internet? check. Wrestling? check. Crowd? check.

Same thing for Wyatt actually, he doesn't care about winning he cares about sending "a message"

Wyatt admittedly has been booked much worse than Ambrose though

Ambrose's gimmick isn't wins/losses. His gimmick is to be the Lunatic Fringe. His mission is to deal out damage to his opponent, no matter the cost. If Ambrose starts counting wins and losses, his gimmick has been ruined.

Its not about matches though. Wyatt failed to corrupt Daniel Bryan and John Cena- and couldn't even beat Cena. I don't think he was written as the guy who corrupted Kane either as it would be weird to brainwash a guy into wearing a suit and joining the man. Wyatt has been booked as a loser, especially in regards to his gimmick.

Ambrose has been written as crazy...sometimes...and calculating...sometimes. But all of his plans tend to backfire and not because of him being the lunatic fringe. That excuse only works when he attacked Rollins before a match during that first PPV, but even then, the night ended in Rollins favor because Ambrose's ambush proved to be ineffective. Then he thought of the lumberjack match...which failed and not because he was the lunatic fringe. Then he failed to get his vengeance at HiaC (sort of) because of Bray. He has been booked as a loser because he keeps failing at his goals. Not because of winning matches.

However, characters who find 'winning matches' to be irrelevant usually don't have the longest of shelf lives. Remember when the Big Show debuted? His gimmick was that he didn't give a shit about match rules. He wanted to destroy his enemies. Instead of people accepting him as an overly violent monster, they started to see him as an idiot. Even if I understand the lunatic fringe, I started to get annoyed with Ambrose when he stupidly attacked rollins at that first PPV because Ambrose had just robbed us of a match. If he is continued to be booked this way, he will be a moron.

There is a reason why they started writing him as a craftier and more intelligent wrestler after that PPV debacle. 'Stupid'- excusable or not- never is a good trait to have.

It's definitely a possibility. Though, if they do it I'd prefer they kick it off on RAW after Hell In A Cell, or after the match between Rollins/Ambrose. I think that feud needs to end cleanly, one way or another... without adding more pieces to it. Let Ambrose defeat Rollins, and then maybe Wyatt attacks him... or keep it to RAW.

So, they did exactly what I hoped they wouldn't do.

I think they could have done the exact same finish but after a pinfall. Let Ambrose/Rollins end properly before introducing Wyatt. The match was so strong that Rollins taking the loss really wouldn't have hurt him at all. I hate their indecisive booking sometimes.

The number of people bitching about Wyatt costing Ambrose the match pretty much confirms it was the right call. They could've let Ambrose go over and then have Wyatt attack him, but it's much more meaningful if Wyatt actually costs him the match, and it gives Wyatt way more heat. Real heat. Not the BS half-cheers half-boos that he got before. People are angry, and that's good, it means they're getting worked.

As for whether the Ambrose vs. Wyatt feud will be good, that really depends on how it's booked. The pieces are there, but it's up to the creative team to actually create a story that progresses from week to week. If it's just Ambrose getting attacked every week on RAW, then facing Harper in Rowan in filler singles matches nobody is going to care. The main problem with how they have booked Bray Wyatt at this point is that all of his feuds are the exact same. His promos are not deep or meaningful, they are nonsense. He is a character with no real motivations and therefore cannot be used to tell an interesting story. This needs to change.

So does the one 5 minute segment after main eventing a PPV confirm for people Ambrose has taken a major step down? and if so do you believe it is because the WWE doesn't see him as a star or rather that they prefer Reigns, or are they trying to Daniel Bryan him by trying to fake bury him to instill a negative crowd reaction.

So does the one 5 minute segment after main eventing a PPV confirm for people Ambrose has taken a major step down? and if so do you believe it is because the WWE doesn't see him as a star or rather that they prefer Reigns, or are they trying to Daniel Bryan him by trying to fake bury him to instill a negative crowd reaction.

100 % confirmed, that was just awful. Dean Ambrose just got screwed in the biggest match of his life so far and THIS is what he gets ??? Quote Mick Foley : "Don't be upset, think about the promo's !" Yeah Mick, their first crack at that was pure gold lol

And i think it's both : Reigns is their chosen one, doesn't matter how limited he is. Meanwhile they're burying Ambrose in this meaningless feud that will mostly be played out on their B-show Smackdown.

So, they felt the need that it was so important to have Bray interfere in the main event at HIAC but then the dude doesn't even show up LIVE on RAW the next night?

Seriously, WWE is a piece of crap right now.

A problem with Ambrose v Wyatt feud is either one of them is going to end up looking bad coming out of the feud or we get another screwball finish with absolutely no conclusion and move on to something .... oh shiney...

A problem with Ambrose v Wyatt feud is either one of them is going to end up looking bad coming out of the feud or we get another screwball finish with absolutely no conclusion and move on to something .... oh shiney...

This.

IF the plan is to build Wyatt again then it will mean Ambrose being viewed as a loser yet again, where it is harder to take him seriously as a Main Eventer(which could explain reports about WWE's view of him).

Bray Wyatt's booking was going very well throughout even the Cena feud, but because of D-Bry's injury, I think they had to go with a Cena victory in the Last Man Standing match, thus Bray was left directionless and loss a lot of momentum. He then won v Y2J, but that was quickly undone when Cena squashed the entire Wyatt family on free TV, so they have now press reset and have basically shown that they view him as a Heel and aren't planning a Face turn just yet.

However, Ambrose is the guy who is most over of the current lot, but he just lost the Ultimate blood feud with Rollins, in which, yes, he still looks good, but in this feud here you would think he'll need to come out on top to keep up the momentum he gained from his last feud.

So I will wait and see how the WWE go about protecting both of these guys, because right now, all I can see is one guy being hurt badly at the end of this in terms of their Main Event chances in the near future.
Since this is a Wyatt reset, I'd think that he is going to go over in this feud, where that leaves Ambrose is left to be seen, but it ain't looking too good,lMO.

I suspect that the plan is to have Ambrose lose the feud and join the family, and then maybe go and winning stuff under "Bray's control".

Really not sure how to feel about it though...

most of people complaint about the finish of rollins and ambrose. But the result is acceptable. As a face ambrose not lost clean. He got screwed and move to other fued until rollins got championship belt. They both have so many matches in future for a clean victory.
But i dont known how this fued ends. Its going to be a mini fued until royal rumble.
Right now wwe has lack in champion. We have mitb winner and #1 contender but no champion until royal rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back