Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt - Do We Care?

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt, both occupy a great position in the uppercards section of the WWE landscape. That position currently fits their level of overness and, some may say, their talents. But the intriguing part here, is that they are currently in the midst of a feud - As two of the most over guys right now, shouldn't people be more concerned and more into it?

I say this because my expectations are from the start high, since both guys can deliver inside the squared circle (wrestling and promos) and have proven that more than once. However, with this storyline of Authority v. Team Cena, it looks like at least 10 more superstars are being put in front of Wyatt and Ambrose, and I feel that they are not being proper pushed as rivals. Three weeks have passed since the beginning of this feud and absolutely nothing advanced and things quickly got stale, at least for me (ence the thread). Shouldn't we get more than that from two of the biggest cats in the company?

Why are they fighting? It looks like Dean doesn't really give a shit anymore to the fact that Bray costed his match. He does not need anymore reason to break his face, and for that, Bray isn't giving him any. I think that the feud isn't working and I am not digging it so far, but just one's opinion here and I would like to know what are your current thoughts, proper changes you would have made so far, and so on, and so on...

As for me, I have to say that this "can't touch each other" until the week before the match is bullshit to this kind of story. Wyatt costed Ambrose THE match (with more than 3 months build dammit), Ambrose is no dummy, so he should have at least already punched him in the face and tried to kick the shit out of him and instead, we have them, saying nonsense, like "im not like you, bla bla bla". This should have been a more heated rivalry and so far, it does not have any heat...

Discuss!

Considering I'm fans of the two, I don't know why I'm not super excited or marking out each and every time they are even with each other.

Especially since I was marking out the Shield Vs Wyatt Family rivalry.

The promos have been very well done, but I don't know something is missing for me.

I just hope they tear the house down at Survivor Series.

Also I kind of feel this match should have some sort of stipulation, though I know they are both great workers, I feel weapons could really send this match over the edge.

It's gone like all Bray Wyatt feuds have gone, lot's of promo's and Wyatt telling everyone he knows what wrong with his opponent, and how he can fix him. Score so far Wyatt 0, opponent's 3.

My response, who give a shit anymore. We like Ambrose just the way he is, and do not need another talker on the roster. I knew it would be like this the minute he interfered in the cell match. He's dragging Ambrose down to his level, and the WWE, shame on you, is letting him.

I'm so over Bray Wyatt that if I never see him again, it wouldn't bother me. They've taken what could be a good to great character and ruined it.

This needed to be a feud to rebuild Bray Wyatt. Unfortunately it is not working. He was a solid character, but was ruined with constant losses in big feuds. Good idea to put him in a feud with the hottest face right now on the roster. Yeah, no physicality leading up to their big match. FAIL. Wyatt has officialy lost all momentum, and I hope Ambrose doesn't suffer greatly from this

I have a few issues with this program. The first is the total lack of excitment. It has been all lip service to this point. I can get Wyatt is always escaping but damn it makes for a boring showing. When Bray had the Family he could still flee while allowing his goons to get in on the action. My other problem is Wyatt himself. I just can't get behind the guy. His game is always the same and comes off as flat.

I'm willing to wait till Survivor Series to really pass judgement on this feud. So far, it has been utter rubbish and I say that as a guy who actually wanted to see these in a feud together.

However, I think the timing of it has been wrong, how it started off was wrong(which I was vocal about from the start), and whatsmore, it has hurt some of the momentum Ambrose was building whilst doing nothing thus far for Bray Wyatt in his 'rebirth'.

Personally, I hope this is being slow burned to allow the Survivor Series 5 on 5 Storyline to get over big time with high interest, and this story has a plan which could cause a swerve of some sort and result in both Ambrose and Wyatt getting some momentum by the time the Royal Rumble comes around.

I think the reason Ambrose & Wyatt haven't had much physical interaction yet is because WWE plans on their feud lasting several months much like Ambrose's feud with Rollins. & the classic tag tam match is the main event of the PPV their currently trying to shove down everyone's throat along with a free month of the network, so of course it's being heavily promoted. & I'd say the tag team match still isn't very intriguing so far either, so Ambrose vs. Wyatt is easily the match I'm looking forward to the most as of now. The Survivor Series PPV as a whole & the classic tag team match especially has felt very out dated for years now & is never booked or built up as well as the earlier Survivor Series PPVs/matches were.

If Ambrose & Bray have one semi-short/not all that great match at the PPV & that's it, then I'd agree the feud wasn't very good. But until then, they are two of the best things going in the entire company & I'm more than willing to see what more these two can do together.

Pretty much anything involving Wyatt now turns me off. Sadly I liked Ambrose, but even he can't make me care about this silly angle. I think they only thing that could make me care about Wyatt is if they brought back The Undertaker and have it said that Bray was doing his work. Or a feud with Bray v the Undertaker 'could' potentially make Bray Wyatt as a character. But for now, he is just a lower-mid carder who likes to talk rubbish using pretty words but has nothing to back it up that even his 'followers' have seen through him and given up the ghost.

I'm a bit annoyed that they're moving it forward only on smackdown. But so far I'm quite enjoying it.

I like the concept of Wyatt trying to "fix" ambrose.

this fued s**ks. Wyatt fued is always filler for wrestlers. Bryan, cena, jericho and now ambrose all are used to change their fued with others.

Bray Wyatt is becoming stale and boring. I don't know why... the way WWE is booking him I guess. I think he needs to be a face maybe instead of a heel, because he is a buzzkill for any face he is feuding with.

The feud with Bryan and Cena was good. But they should have gone further with both. I liked Bryan being "brainwashed" by the Wyatt's and temporarily joining the family. I wish they did this angle with Cena though. Or had Cena turn more "darkside" without being a full blown heel. Would have been good to explore Cena teasing being bad more than just brushing it all off with a smile.

The Jericho feud tanked. And I don't see anything different with Ambrose so far. I really want to see Ambrose show up in the swamp, hunting down Wyatt. That would be fresh and interesting.

The problem is that Bray's actions speak louDer than his beautiful words. In talking, he is different than all of the other heels, but he does the same cowardly tactics and running from people, then losing when put in a match with them. To see what happens if this booking is prolonged look at Kane.

A monster isn't so scary when they lose to everyone...

I think the reason Ambrose & Wyatt haven't had much physical interaction yet is because WWE plans on their feud lasting several months much like Ambrose's feud with Rollins. & the classic tag tam match is the main event of the PPV their currently trying to shove down everyone's throat along with a free month of the network, so of course it's being heavily promoted. & I'd say the tag team match still isn't very intriguing so far either, so Ambrose vs. Wyatt is easily the match I'm looking forward to the most as of now. The Survivor Series PPV as a whole & the classic tag team match especially has felt very out dated for years now & is never booked or built up as well as the earlier Survivor Series PPVs/matches were.

If Ambrose & Bray have one semi-short/not all that great match at the PPV & that's it, then I'd agree the feud wasn't very good. But until then, they are two of the best things going in the entire company & I'm more than willing to see what more these two can do together.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

For me personally, if WWE plans on the two of them having a 3 or 4 month feud, then I don't mind the lack of physicality between the two of them. If that's the plan and there still isn't any real physical interaction between them until Survivor Series, it could be a means of ultimately just saving it for what could turn into a wild, physical brawl at the ppv. I'm all for that taking place but, yeah, it'll be something of a waste if this match is essentially a one hitter quitter. I think that Survivor Series will see the two of them have a wild match that'll ignite people's interest in the feud.

For me personally, if WWE plans on the two of them having a 3 or 4 month feud, then I don't mind the lack of physicality between the two of them. If that's the plan and there still isn't any real physical interaction between them until Survivor Series, it could be a means of ultimately just saving it for what could turn into a wild, physical brawl at the ppv. I'm all for that taking place but, yeah, it'll be something of a waste if this match is essentially a one hitter quitter. I think that Survivor Series will see the two of them have a wild match that'll ignite people's interest in the feud.

That's what I'm hoping. Their feud seemed random from the start. I didn't expect Wyatt interfering in the Rollins/Ambrose match at HIAC. I'm hoping WWE has a long term plan for this. There's definitely potential in this feud to be great if they actually make it a priority.

Indeed. Just as I said.

I'll give it until Survivor Series and see what they have prepared, as this is a feud I have always wanted to see given both guys' characters...so far it has flattered to deceive and I didn't like how it was started either as it seemed quite illogical to me.

Stay tuned.

I'm glad most of us are agreeing! I remember when the Jericho feud started a large chunk of the community(myself included) were really expecting a good feud and it fell flat. Same with Bray/Dean...I'm almost at the point of saying, Bray doesn't interest me anymore!

Without the family, it's him against Dean and the WWE refuses to let that happen. At least if he still had the family we would see Luke Harper versus Dean Ambrose.

Add to it that I've yet to really see much of anything of the feud. For instance, the first week of the feud Chris calls him out, Bray talks in riddles...no wait that was his feud months ago? All kidding aside: the first week it sucked, the second week I missed, third week all we got was a Bray Wyatt promo. I don't think I've seen Bray on my screen for a couple months now? Maybe that's the issue.

Regardless, it seems like the WWE had to push Bray and Dean to the side and as someone else said, Bray seems to be the interceptor now. Put him in someone's way to take them away from the belt/top spot(John Cena, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose).

I get that they needed to do this but the feud just seems absolutely lackluster, to the point where I'm more interested in the lower part of the card. When's Brie gonna turn on Nikki? Or will Brie go heel? What about the bunny? Are we finally gonna figure out who the bunny is? That is my point!

Now maybe it's just me, but I feel like the Team Cena/Team Authority match might be draining the attention from this match. I know personally I'm into this match, granted I feel the member selection has been pretty bad so far. I mean Kane who gets almost no audience reaction, Mark Henry who just turned and always bored me, Rusev who really shouldn't be involved, Sheamus who does next to nothing for me, Big Show who I don't care for...you know what I'm saying. Point being, this match is taking up a huge amount of time each week and has drawn me in, maybe that's why I haven't liked Dean/Bray so far

That's what I'm hoping. Their feud seemed random from the start. I didn't expect Wyatt interfering in the Rollins/Ambrose match at HIAC. I'm hoping WWE has a long term plan for this. There's definitely potential in this feud to be great if they actually make it a priority.

That's it, you've hit the nail on the head. It is totally random. Almost like creative was deciding "What do we do with Wyatt?" threw a dart at the board and it landed on Ambrose.

When the Ambrose/Rollins feud started, it had a story. Same with Rollin/Cena, kind of. Reigns went after the Authority because of Rollins turning on him. Every feud starts out at a starting point, has a middle and then the end.

This Wyatt/Ambrose feud, has no starting point, that I can see anyway. And if you say it's because of the Shield/Wyatt match, that's reaching. That feud was over months ago, and the Wyatt's won. There is no middle to the feud because it has yet to even get off the ground, and how can there be an ending with no beginning.

This is why people are losing interest, there is nothing for them to get interested in. No storyline, nada, zilch, just a bunch of talk, aimed at well I"m not sure at what really. Unless this really picks up steam at Survivor Series, I see no point in continuing it.

This should have been a more heated rivalry and so far, it does not have any heat...

Yes, I'll buy that. As it is, after having an initial period to get us used to the sight of Bray and his swamp rats, they launched him in programs with Daniel Bryan and John Cena, who are no one's idea of midcard performers. After that, the WWE braintrust took Bray off the air, probably trying to figure out what in hell to do with him now.

Enter Dean Ambrose. He's a hot property due to his feud with former Shield brother Seth Rollins. Together, they get heat because of their history and the fact they're two young, hot as pistol performers......which must thrill the company, as it should.

But, Bray and Dean together? Outside the fact they're both depicted as lunatics, what's attractive about their feud? What's the reason for it in the first place? Sure, pro wrestling has always thrived with personal wars that were started by someone attacking someone else, and Bray certainly inserted himself in Dean's match at the last PPV.

Why did he do that? Only Sister Abagail knows......and we're used to not understanding why Bray does anything he does......and what is Dean's motivation? Well, he has to get Bray back for ruining his match at HIAC, right?

Usually, that's enough, yet the company doesn't seem to be hot to promote this one any further than the above-mentioned revenge ploy. Maybe Creative is figuring: "These two guys are both nutso anyway; that will be motivation enough to have them fight it out."

Could it be the WWE machine is so busy concentrating on the Authority vs. Cena match-up that they're purposely letting all other angles drop to the background? (Which is another way of saying: thrusting the McMahon/Levesque faction to the forefront while sacrificing everyone else?)

Remains to be seen.

Don't care one bit. Bray is boring, he's become hard to listen to.... Ambrose isn't getting nearly enough mic time and they aren't setting this up in any special way.

Like we are supposed to care that Ambrose's dad left his family or some other B.S.

awful all the way around, a complete and utter waste of Ambrose and all he built up with Rollins

Now I should care about this feud and I thought I really would. I'm admittedly a huge fan of Ambrose and I've really enjoyed a lot of Wyatt's work (although I agree with the criticisms thrown at him).

This whole thing just doesn't feel organic? I'm not sure if that's the right word. What I mean is it feels incredibly forced, the main problem being that all of Wyatt's feuds tend to start with him attacking his new opponent after 'spoooooky' goings on. And then we're usually subjected to:

-Laughing

-Telling a wrestler that they're either A) the same as him, B) he understands them, or C) they need to give in to the hate (see Cena).

-States he can 'change' them or 'fix them'.

-Talks in increasingly silly or nonsensical riddles.

-Feud ends after three matches.

And then we pretty much rinse and repeat. He did however have success when feuding with Bryan after beating him at the Royal Rumble and with the Family when they successfully defeated The Shield. Since then? Egh not so much.

Personally I'm not papa pumped about it, maybe if they worked the feud more, also Wyatt has to deliver, his PPV matches have been stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back