WWE Hall Of Fame 2016: Pimpin' Ain't Easy!!!

Probably the most over and recognizable novelty act in WWE history. I have no problem with him going in. Mostly because I'm a Godfather mark (roll a fatty) and I don't give a shit about the HOF.

Probably the most over and recognizable novelty act in WWE history. I have no problem with him going in. Mostly because I'm a Godfather mark (roll a fatty) and I don't give a shit about the HOF.
Gotta agree, the HOf is a joke and getting bothered by who gets snubbed and whether or not this guy deserves it or that guy deserves it is silly. Not the greatest in the ring obviously but the guy was around forever and The HOF always seems to be more the wrasslers than the fans anyway. That being said by most accounts, Kama The Supreme Fighting Machine Shango God/Goodfather Mustafa was always a favorite in the locker room so good for him. Despite what I said about it being silly to get bent over the HOF...I will continue to be outraged until Dink, Wink, Sleazy and Queasy are inducted.

Last year. Kevin Nash was announced last, and he closed the HOF show as the headliner. To your point though with the ticket sales, they announced Randy Savage first as a posthumous inductee, but he/Lanny didn't close the show. 3 years ago in New York, Bruno was announced 2nd or 3rd last and still closed the show. Mick Foley was the first announcement but he didn't headline that year. Bruno did.

The headliner is the biggest name, the one that people are most willing to slap down their money to see. In the case of Savage, there are two potential reasons he didn't close the show: 1) They didn't want to close with a posthumous induction or 2) Triple H wanted his best friend to close the show. Whatever the reason is mostly irrelevant. The biggest name to go into the HOF in 2015 was Randy Savage. As the biggest omission of the WWEs first batch of superstars, he drew the biggest buzz to the event.

As for Bruno, he was unique. If you recall, he didn't even agree to go into the HOF until February 2013 - a full month after tickets went on sale. Given the frosty relationship the WWE has had with the guy for 25 years, my guess is that the original plan was to go with Foley as the headliner, but they shifted gears the second Sammartino agreed to the induction. Perhaps they didn't want risk him changing his mind a year later.

A surprising induction, if I'm honest. But not one I am particularly disappointed with. Godfather was in WWE for a long time, in a variety of different characters and was extremely popular with fans. He's one of the "company guys" who are always going to get inducted at some point, especially now the HOF ceremony is a proper event.

I consistently have this argument with a friend, who is adamant that the WWE Hall of Fame should only have 1 or 2 inductions a year, and didn't understand why mid-carders and celebrities go in, that it should be for the elite only. It totally see his point of view, but I try to explain that each "HOF class" has it's biggest names- the icons, it has a tag team usually, a female, a celebrity and then a couple of popular mid-carders/upper mid carders who've either had alot of success or are there due to longevity- as Goldust will be. Godfather is one of those midcarders who was popular with fans who'll have a fun HOF speech and was loyal to WWE.

I'm alright with this induction, it's just weird how it's before the likes of Bulldog, Rude and others.

I agree for the most part. What I would say is Charles Wright remained loyal to the brand over the guys you mentioned and that's why, IMO, he goes before them. I too was surprised at the selection, but my no means is he not deserving. Vince seems to be a BIG loyalty guy and Wright went through several character changes and was willing to do whatever was asked of him.

What they can do is don't present him as the Godfather
He had multiple characters in WWE maybe use his real name and show all the characters.

The Godfather alone is not enough to be a HOF

I think they getting thin if hes a HOF

There's talk of the Freebirds being inducted this year. If what I last read is accurate, they're pretty much in this year.

I agree that Rude should definitely be in, he's someone that's pretty underrated in a lot of ways. Owen won't go in by himself because his widow has a conniption every time WWE even mentions his name; she essentially wants the wrestling world to forget that Owen was ever in WWE, or wrestling for that matter, and blasts WWE whenever anything regarding Owen comes up. She tried to stop a Hart Family DVD compilation several years back because Owen was featured on it, I've read that she fumed about the Owen Hart DVD WWE released late last year so WWE is going to get criticized no matter what in this situation. If they don't induct him, some fans and family members will rake WWE over the coals for not honoring someone who, while noteworthy, has, in all fairness, had his legacy greatly exaggerated since his death. Still, I do agree he should be inducted. If WWE went ahead and did so without his widow's consent, they'll be accused by some of not respecting Owen's memory and disregarding the wishes of his wife and children so they can sell some tickets to the HOF ceremony. So, as is usually the case with WWE, they're screwed in the eyes of fans no matter which way they go.

True I see that aswell

My thing is Owen would have wanted to be in the HOF. Someone needs to let her know shes spitting in the face of the person she should be protecting. I get the whole dvd issue you don't want wwe making money off his image.

But he would have wanted the accolades of the HOF.

I agree for the most part. What I would say is Charles Wright remained loyal to the brand over the guys you mentioned and that's why, IMO, he goes before them. I too was surprised at the selection, but my no means is he not deserving. Vince seems to be a BIG loyalty guy and Wright went through several character changes and was willing to do whatever was asked of him.

Well, he remained loyal to Vince because Mike Jones (Virgil) was hired by WCW to be a NWO bodyguard for half the price he asked before. If not, Charles Wright would have jumped ship like others did.

But yes, Vince values loyalty. That's why they inducted Tito Santana so soon (he deserved it as one of the greatest midcarders in history, but still) and let Koko B. Ware being inducted at all.

Pérez84;5425433 said:
Well, he remained loyal to Vince because Mike Jones (Virgil) was hired by WCW to be a NWO bodyguard for half the price he asked before. If not, Charles Wright would have jumped ship like others did.

But yes, Vince values loyalty. That's why they inducted Tito Santana so soon (he deserved it as one of the greatest midcarders in history, but still) and let Koko B. Ware being inducted at all.

yeah I still can't figure out why KoKo B. Ware. SOOO many other choices. LOL...SOOOO many.

The headliner is the biggest name, the one that people are most willing to slap down their money to see. In the case of Savage, there are two potential reasons he didn't close the show: 1) They didn't want to close with a posthumous induction or 2) Triple H wanted his best friend to close the show. Whatever the reason is mostly irrelevant. The biggest name to go into the HOF in 2015 was Randy Savage. As the biggest omission of the WWEs first batch of superstars, he drew the biggest buzz to the event.

As for Bruno, he was unique. If you recall, he didn't even agree to go into the HOF until February 2013 - a full month after tickets went on sale. Given the frosty relationship the WWE has had with the guy for 25 years, my guess is that the original plan was to go with Foley as the headliner, but they shifted gears the second Sammartino agreed to the induction. Perhaps they didn't want risk him changing his mind a year later.

True. So the biggest name doesn't necessarily close the show, but is announced first, to help sell tickets. I noticed every year at Wrestlemania when they've recently done their HOF segment, they would announce that year's class up on the stage and then their closer/headliner would make their separate entrance up the ramp, play his music and afterwards the announcer would say "There you have it your class of 20..." which ever year it may be.

The Bruno situation, I thought they might have spoken to him before tix went on sale, but him opting to do the HOF later does sound familiar.

This is a joke. The HOF is just total BS. Half the people that are now in, do not deserve the word Hall of Fame even being mentioned in the same breath.

True I see that aswell

My thing is Owen would have wanted to be in the HOF. Someone needs to let her know shes spitting in the face of the person she should be protecting. I get the whole dvd issue you don't want wwe making money off his image.

But he would have wanted the accolades of the HOF.

The only people who can ever make this happen are Oje and Athena... sad but true.

You don't know to what extent they are bound by their mom's views or have their own, but if they both made it clear they wanted to see Owen inducted and given his due... it will happen, regardless of Martha's wishes.

The sad truth is that if that ever happen, it would probably crush her... so remember with Owen as much as WE want it... SHE is the one who really lost him... so it's a bit awkward, even if she goes about it wrong... she's (and the kids) are the ones who really lost something.

As for Godfather/Charles/Kama/Papa Shango - total fair play he gets in, he was a soldier for WWE in the 90's, took on any gimmick asked and made it work - and even contributed to Wrestlemania lore by botching his entrance at 8... That they put the Godfather in is telling of course, but let's face it - he was the yardstick (along with Val Venis) for The Attidude Era's level of "naughtiness"... Sean Morley probably deserves the spot too, but Charles did the other gimmicks first... he's a nailed on HOF'er in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back