• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Friday Night SmackDown! LD! - 3/18/2011

That's not even close to true.

Listen to it on Smackdown tonight. It was bigger than Rey's and it was bigger than Big Show's. Maybe Edge gets a big one so that's a legit argument, but Christian's pops are huge and have been since he returned to WWE. The fans love the guy and it has constantly been ignored.

Admittedly, I'm a bit of Christian mark, but he's one of the few really over faces in this company. Why that hasn't been utilized to pit Christian against all the up and coming main event heels is beyond me. That's all I'm saying.

NorCal Interlude*

Havent seen anything particularly special, fucking LOVE what they are doing with Cody Rhodes loved the new theme

Dude, I was THERE. Christian doesn't even come close to Edge, Rey, or Show.

Rey got the biggest pop of the whole night and it wasn't even close.

I want Christian as a heel because he's better to me as a face.There's already justification in turning him heel. I don't like having triple threats at WM when they're not needed. It wasn't needed at WM 20, 21, or 25 and it's not needed now. Also, when he turns heel, bring back the 2005 theme music.

Dude, I was THERE. Christian doesn't even come close to Edge, Rey, or Show.

Rey got the biggest pop of the whole night and it wasn't even close.

I believe you. It didn't come off that way on TV, but I definitely believe you. People LOVE that guy for some reason. I remember doing some fan interviews at Fatal 4 Way last year (when Rey won the title out of nowhere) and before the show, every young fan you talked to LOVED Rey more than even Cena. I would believe it that live, his pops would come off great. Maybe they enhance Christian's for TV? His came off great on TV.

I want Christian as a heel because he's better to me as a face.There's already justification in turning him heel. I don't like having triple threats at WM when they're not needed. It wasn't needed at WM 20, 21, or 25 and it's not needed now. Also, when he turns heel, bring back the 2005 theme music.

Here's my problem with that. He's not a young, cocky guy anymore so it wouldn't work the same. That character couldn't work again.

On top of that, he's one of the few babyfaces that people of all ages like and has the ability to be a babyface without being corny or annoying. It would be unjustifiable to take a guy away from that when so few can do that. Plenty can get heel heat, but few can be such a believable face. Christian needs to get his main event push AS A FACE and I will be disappointed if a heel turn happens to stop that.

I want Christian as a heel because he's better to me as a face.There's already justification in turning him heel. I don't like having triple threats at WM when they're not needed. It wasn't needed at WM 20, 24, or 25 and it's not needed now. Also, when he turns heel, bring back the 2005 theme music.

Fixed ;)

I believe you. It didn't come off that way on TV, but I definitely believe you. People LOVE that guy for some reason. I remember doing some fan interviews at Fatal 4 Way last year (when Rey won the title out of nowhere) and before the show, every young fan you talked to LOVED Rey more than even Cena. I would believe it that live, his pops would come off great. Maybe they enhance Christian's for TV? His came off great on TV.

The kids at this show went absolutely nuts when he came out. It was kind of unreal. It was my first show so maybe I just wasn't prepared.

I'm not trying to discredit Christian though, he does get a massive pop. Just not like Rey or Edge.

The kids at this show went absolutely nuts when he came out. It was kind of unreal. It was my first show so maybe I just wasn't prepared.

I'm not trying to discredit Christian though, he does get a massive pop. Just not like Rey or Edge.

Trust me, the kids always do that. People think it's Cena that controls the kid demographic but Rey might actually take the cake. Kids LOVE that guy and I can't even tell you the reaction they had to Rey winning at the show I went to. No one expected him to walk out with the title that night and the kids all went home smiling. I wish I still had that footage as all the kids were freakin giddy while the young adults (18-30ish) that I interviewed were most happy that Cena lost his title and Nexus beat him down.

WWE better hope Sin Cara can make this connection to the fans, because despite my negative feelings towards Rey and his Secretariat sized heart (why that thing hasn't exploded yet I'll never know), the kids love the guy and he's going to be hard to replace in their eyes.

Yeah when we went live we stood back to let some kids on the rails for reys entrance, their Dad was quite thankful to us for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back