• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Fatal Fourway - Jack Swagger (c) vs CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Big Show - WHC

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

At WWE Fatal 4-Way, World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger will attempt to defend his illustrious title against three former World Champions – CM Punk, Big Show and Undertaker – in an explosive Fatal 4-Way main event. And in a match where bedlam will rule, the four elite SmackDown Superstars will draw their advantage from four completely different sources.

At WWE’s innovative new pay-per-view, the odds will be stacked against Jack Swagger retaining his World Title before the bell even rings. According to the rules of a Fatal 4-Way Match, not only will all four Superstars be battling at the same time, but any one of them can pin any other Superstar to capture a championship victory.

Regardless of the odds, “The All-American American” has claimed that he is the “odds on favorite” in any competition he is involved in. Despite his rocky road since cashing in his WrestleMania Money in the Bank opportunity, the outspoken champion’s success at keeping his “greatest trophy” securely around his waist is unquestionable. His biggest advantage lays in his steadfast determination to hold on to the World Title at any cost. And against the awesome odds he will face at Fatal 4-Way, he will have to pull out every trick in the book.

After Swagger got himself disqualified in his Over the Limit World Championship Match with Big Show, The World’s Largest Athlete presents the textbook definition of an angry giant threat. His advantage in the Fatal 4-Way stems from his enormous size, which manifests itself in his most dangerous weapon, the knockout punch. The rage that drives the gigantic Superstar once the bell rings will make overcoming Big Show an extremely tall order.

CM Punk lost his hair at Over the Limit, and with it, the symbol of his Straight Edge “purity.” If he could once again become the Straight Edge World Heavyweight Champion, the freshly masked “savior” would provide himself with a new symbol to carry forth as the head of the S.E.S. Now that he has qualified for Fatal 4-Way by defeating Kane – the very Superstar that helped make it possible for Rey Mysterio to shave his head in the first place – The Second City Saint’s devotion to the Straight Edge lifestyle may be all the strength he needs to come out on top.

The strength that Undertaker wields in WWE is as dangerous as it is ominous. He is a true legend of the squared circle whose very name strikes fear in the hearts of any adversary he faces, before the battle even begins. After qualifying for Fatal 4-Way with a hard fought victory over The Ultimate Underdog Rey Mysterio, The Phenom looks to utilize the full force of his intimidation to bring his “holy grail” back home.

Who will emerge from WWE Fatal 4-Way with the World Heavyweight Championship? Find out June 20 at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

The four participants for the Smackdown main event at Fatal Fourway have been signed. As it says above, this past Friday night on Smackdown, we all witnessed the Big Show, the Undertaker, and CM Punk fill the three other spots in the Fatal Fourway matchup. We also witnessed CM Punk's new look to hide his newly shaved head (a black luchador-type mask with an SES patch on the forehead) and we witnessed the Undertaker appear to have busted his nose pretty badly in his match against Rey Mysterio.

Will the Undertaker be fit to compete at Fatal Fourway, or is his nose broken? Will CM Punk get unmasked during the bout? Will the mysterious fourth member finally reveal himself at Fatal Fourway? Will Jack Swagger hold onto his championship?

Let's discuss it all in here.

This match has all of the potential to make Jack Swagger seem like the strong world champion he needs to come off as, or it has the potential to give CM Punk another world championship.

That's all I see this match doing, either building Jack Swagger, or letting CM Punk win his 4th World Heavyweight championship, Undertaker regaining it wouldn't make much sense, and Big Show winning it wouldn't serve much of a purpose rather than giving the crowd a new champion.

I think this match could be pretty damn good, potentially the best match on the card, and I hope WWE lets this match live up to it, and I ultimately hope to see Jack Swagger walk out as champion, because he needs to retain in this match if WWE wants to keep the ball running on him, unless they plan on throwing him right back into the championship picture again, or build him like Sheamus was build, but I don't see anybody on Smackdown that can build Jack Swagger, with the exception of Undertaker, and that, really won't work.

I'm looking forward to it, a lot!

This is the typical way the wwe now has the newcomers lose their titles. Sheamus elimination chamber... Idk who will win, I doubt the big show. So its 50/50 cm punk or undertaker. Undertaker hates cm punk, so it will prob be undertaker. But what do I know

Honestly, I would be fine with anyone winning this match, though I'm not too big on Taker. Don't get me wrong, I like Taker, but I think he's above the title now. The others would be great, though.

Jack Swagger
Swagger would benefit greatly with this win. He may have pinned Randy Orton clean, but his DQ against Show made him look slightly weaker than I would have liked. With a decisive victory in this match, he would look great. Plus, he gets to keep the title and I'm a big Swagger fan.

The Big Show
I really like The Big Show, especially as a face. He has great comedic timing and it's always fun to watch a big guy go round squashing people. It's one of the reasons Andre was so popular. I would love to see him regain the title, and he may be able to do it here. He's over, his run is going well, and if Swagger defeats him to become a two-time champion, Swagger's credibility will go through the roof.

CM Punk
First of all, the mask thing is genius, and solidifies Punk's place as a hypocrite. I would love to see Mercury interfere and get Punk to win. The SES is one of the best things in wrestling today, but it's cooled slightly. It could really get red hot if Punk was allowed another reign. He would become unbearably preachy and awesome.

Any way this match goes, I'd be happy. Yes, even with a Taker victory. This is going to be a great match and I can't wait to see it.

I'm not sure about Taker. I don't see him being around for too long, so throwing the belt to him at this point might be counter-productive.

Show would be my number one choice. I love Show. Always have. Great timing on the stick, and he has many fun, fine matches under his belt for my money. Seeing him as a face again is such a breath of fresh air. I know that everyone is supposedly better as a heel, but sometimes I just enjoy being invited to cheer somebody. I'm certainly that way with Show right now. However, I know he'll never be booked as strongly as I feel he should be, so a win here might not be in the cards.

Delirious may or may not have a chance here. On one hand, a win for Punk might give him the confidence to not care when his mask gets ripped off in this match. That would really fan the flames of his heat, now wouldn't it? On the other hand, the belt going from one heel to another isn't something I see happening. Especially when...

...Swagger is just gaining momentum as a heel right now. In his feud with Show, he really hit his stride on the mic and, as a result, is really catching on with the fans. I hope they don't pull the rug out from under him. My head says they won't, but WWE has been known to pull senseless swerves lately. So I'm not certain I'm right on this.

swaggers run so far has been pretty weak so far so they should give him the win hear so he will look like an actual champion instead of a jobber champion

This is a very strange quartet if you ask me.

Swagger - The weakest champion in a long while (as he's been booked anyway). He isn't playing the weak heel with anywhere near the same level of strength as Edge and others have in the past. A win is needed but there is no easy pin here (if you want to keep him as the weak Champ.

Likeliness he comes out of F4W as Champ - medium. Depends where they want to go with it. Format allows him to win cheaply in a number of ways (ie. covering Big Show after he's been Chokeslammed for example). But there is only so long people will take a coward as Champion.

Undertaker - very surprised he's back at this stage. Rare to see him in this sort of format (ie not feuding with just one person). Will be interesting to see how he's booked in the build up to this match.

Likeliness he comes out of F4W as champ - quite low. I'm not sure why I think this, but putting the belt on him right now doesn't make much sense. As I've said in the past, as champ or challenger, there is nothing for him to feud with on Smackdown at the moment. Really not sure what Taker does at the moment following this PPV - regardless of the result.

CM Punk -probably the wildcard of this match. SES is a really strong stable, and the mask has added another element to this really developed story.

Likeliness he comes out of F4W as champ - SES and Punk don't need the strap right now, but maybe it will inject some new life into the story. Inteference from masked SES member is a guarentee.

Big Show -Gaining momentum against Swagger - albeit it's getting very stale and repetitive. Would come out as a strong champion.

Likeliness he comes out of F4W as champ - good chance but its the obvious way out of this match. And part of me thinks they made this PPV to put a serious swerve in both title's following the culmination of WM fueds.

I'm looking foward to this PPV and this match, in particular. Fatal 4-way matches are always good fun and exciting to watch.

CM Punk - Wouldn't benefit greatly from a 4th world title. He doesn't need a belt to sustain a feud and make it exciting. Just look at the recent Mysterio-Punk angle. He definitely deserves one, he is the hottest thing on Smackdown right now.

Big Show - I don't see him being given a world title again. It's a shame because he has really come into his own as a face, these past couple of months. He is very funny and worked well with Swagger which I really wasn't expecting. But to WWE, he'll only ever be an occasional main eventer.

Jack Swagger - I wouldn't mind seeing him retain here. He is increasingly looking like a legitimate world champion. There is nowhere to run in a fatal 4-way match, it's no DQ (I think) and no count-out which means if he does win it will be within the match rules and therefore give him credibility. Winning here will not only make him look better, it will also keep his momentum growing. However, he may not win. Matches like this are perfect to make a wrestler drop their title without making them look weak as they don't even need to be pinned to lose.

The Undertaker - I think he is ready to take back his title. A Swagger-Taker feud has often been touted and for Taker to win could set it up. He is obviously going to play a key part in this match. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't Undertaker's post-Wrestlemania breaks normally a bit longer, yet he came back on Smackdown last night specifically to qualify for the match. If they needed filler for the match then why not use Rey or even Kane. Merely, the fact that he is back says to me he is going to win.

I think Undertaker will win by pinning Punk (so Swagger and Show don't look weak), setting up a Swagger-Taker feud.

Interesting Set-Up Here. Punk's just come off of a feud he lost but has never looked stronger, Undertaker's just come back and looks scary as ever, Big Show's having a resurgence with the fans behind him and Swagger is improving week after week. So many possibilities:

CM Punk:
Punk has just come off a feud with one of the biggest faces in the company and has more heel heat than ever. With his budding Society behind him, Punk looks set for some gold in the near future but not here. The mask storyline has several potential angles and I don't see him losing that and gaining the gold just yet.

The Undertaker:
He's back for the zillionth time and looks just as menacing as ever. That being said, I highly doubt he's exiting this match with the big gold strap. Whether the plan is to have him become champion at some point or not, Vince usually makes us wait for Taker to gain the belt and this is his first PPV back. I don't see him capturing the belt at all in the near future but I've been proven wrong before.

Big Show:
The fans are really starting to get behind him and hate Swagger. As the man Swagger is currently feuding with, Show has the biggest chance of walking out of this match with the belt. Do I think he will? No. Show's there to help Swagger progress as champion and help him get over and he's playing his role very well.

Jack Swagger:
The current World Champion has the best odds of exiting with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. Swagger has gotten better every single week and his feud with Show has proven that he can draw heat. Swagger will also be looking to gain a victory over Show and that's what I see happening:
WINNER AND STILL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

I think swagger will retain...i don't see them taking the title off him..him winning this..it would make him luk better than sheamus did...plus..i hear at summer slam its going to be taker vs swagger..but i dnt see the title being involved..so maybe he'll lose it at MITB...hu noz...

I think Jack Swagger goes over here. Undertaker just returned,Cm punk suffered a lost so he is not really credible at the moment and Big Show should be built up more if they want to put the belt on him.

But if Swagger does lose it here I wouldn't be totally shocked because wwe did more suprising stuff and he would of had a okay title regin if he lost it at this ppv.

If Swagger wins here, that'd mean this title reign is going to end up being quite long, especially for his first one. However, I see that as the scenario. Undertaker getting the title would be stupid as fuck. Remember his last title reign? Ya, it was shit. Big Show as World Champ? Ha! That's just silly.

I think that Punk has the best chance of winning the title from Swagger here, with him debuting his new Gimp gimmick and all, which is pretty fucking sweet. However, I just don't feel a title change coming. Swagger has been steadily imporving each and every week and I see no reason for him to lose his title here. The American wins it.

I think Swagger will retain in this match. Swagger is really starting to gain some momentum right now, and it would suck if WWE decided to take the belt off of him. The segments and promos between him and Big Show were just great. I'm surprised Swagger has held on o the belt this long because I was sure he was going to lose it pretty quickly because he had two clean pinfall loses to Morrison and Undertaker.

The Undertaker seems like the fantasy pick to win this match, but I don't think WWE would put the belt on so quickly. He just came back, and It would be too soon for him to be world champion.

I'm a huge mark for heels especially cm punk and swagger,so it's hard for me to pick just one, swagger needs this win to solidify his reign and to force the people to take him serious however i think punk has the same problem he has arguably the best mic skills in the world(chris jericho)but time after time he jobs and jobs and the wwe can't expect him to be a convincing world champion if he can't beat rey mysterio who hasn't been a real contender to the title in 3-4 years

It's being reported that The Undertaker suffered some injuries during his match with Rey Mysterio last week at the Smackdown tapings. As of right now, it's being said that Taker suffered a broken orbital bone, a broken nose and a concussion during the match. It's speculated that Taker suffered the injuries while taking the seated Senton Bomb from Rey during the match.

It's been recommended that Taker take time away from the ring to allow the injuries to heal, which would pretty much guarantee that he'll miss the ppv. Right now, it's said to be 50/50 at this point.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me to see Taker still participate in the match. He's well known to work through injuries, even broken bones, during matches in the past and I'd say that the question of whether he's gonna work or not will be answered during the Smackdown tapings tomorrow night. If he's kept out of matches until the ppv, it'll give him a lot of time to heal and, if he makes an appearance at the tapings, then I'd say he'll still compete.

Swagger needs to win. Fuck CM Punk.

Taker won't be taking any championship. Aren't his knees shot? Or maybe its his hip. Either way, he is definitely not in any shape for a championship run. Even if it is the usual Taker title run of "show up for 5 minutes on Smackdown, wrestle a PPV match, and repeat." Taker's there to add power to the match.

Big Show? It could work...but he'd be better used elsewhere. Like, you know, as a proper feud as a one on one challenger to the title against Swagger.

Punk? Fuck Punk. He has the SES and other people he can feud with. Swagger still needs a solid win and a solid feud to come out of this title run as strong as he can be. I don't care if Punk takes the title after Swagger has a proper Show/Swagger feud, but not before.

Swagger can use this win to prove he held his own not only against Taker, but also Punk and Show. Then, after he wins a proper Big Show feud, he will be solid. He can lose the title to whoever you want at that point. But not until then.

Swagger to win.

Maybe he will still compete and then take a break or like i said in another thread maybe rey mysterio's sabbatical will be delayed,knowing the undertaker he'll do whatever he can to be there seeing as how he was advertised for the match,i support whatever's the best for his health i would hate to see him stick it out if it means a possibility of the injury worsening

if swagger loses the title it will make him look really bad and possibly send him back to the mid card. i really hope punk wins but i doubt he will. show is there to get swagger over. taker just came back so...that leaves the current champ swagger. now that punk has a mask, maybe if he doesnt win he'll hav a mask feud with 619 again. he called rey a coward who hides behind a mask and now he has one. i dont know what 2 say about this one. cant wait. hope its the main event.

Damn if he does take time of Smackdown will have no top faces atm (Reys also taking time of). If he does not show up at the taping I guess Christian might take his spot.

I think there should be an angle on SmackDown where MVP invites The Undertaker to the VIP Lounge and then MVP takes him out with a steel chair and such. This is also the point where MVP turns heel again and Mr. 305, SmackDown's most paid superstar in history will be his cocky arrogant self again.

If this is true, then It will really come down to the concussion. For those of you who dont remember, then Undertaker had a similar injury in 1995 and wrestled with a mask on for a while. So as long as the concussion isnt to serious, than I think he will continue on, and in the worst case scenario, break the mask back out.

I'll go ahead and say it: Who cares? I've gotten so used to not having Undertaker around for lengthy periods of time that the news that he's injured barely phases me anymore. There are headliners on the card who get more consistent heat during their matches than Taker and that's been the case for most of Taker's career, so it's not as though there aren't plenty of wrestlers who compell the crowd more than him. Which means there's plenty of potential replacements. What's the big deal? Let him have his time off and let him heal. It won't be a huge loss because SmackDown is so used to getting on without him.

I guess he can . Idk .

Doesn't it seem like Vince is just using Taker when he really needs it ? Whatever . I don't care . Don't mind me , I like the guy though .
Undertaker has done so much for the company , so he deserves time off , WWE can manage a bit more without him .

*NOTE: This is my opinion , don't hate or tell me I'm stupid because I'm not , this is MY OPINION , not yours .

yes thankyou they saying they will replace him with rey we dont wanna really see rey in it, i want to see christian he already deserve to be in a mainevent, i have nothing against rey but its christian time, if undertaker doesnt compete that is christian should be in it

I think there should be an angle on SmackDown where MVP invites The Undertaker to the VIP Lounge and then MVP takes him out with a steel chair and such. This is also the point where MVP turns heel again and Mr. 305, SmackDown's most paid superstar in history will be his cocky arrogant self again.

Brilliant idea, as mvp is on the brink. His face turn just like mark henry's shouldn't have ever happened. Ever. This would be perfect. This will also rejuvenate mvp as he knows how terrible he is as a face. But as far as the undertaker goes i hope he just hangs them up. Y does he continue to put his self through this. And don't say for the love of wwe or vince, because that's b.s. There are other ways of showing that. I grew up watching taker etc and i have never seen him as frail and weak looking as he has been the last 3 years. He got burned recently, repaired a broken hip, constant knee problems, and now 3 injuries in one match from a seated senton from a 175 lb guy come on. Had Taker taken that 4 years ago he wouldn't even have this issue. Damn retire already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back